PDA

View Full Version : Body mind control like Ezio

shafdude
09-24-2012, 01:18 AM
I'm 16,

I had finished assassins creed II 2 years ago. Recently I was researching about a "body-mind concept and noticed that this concept is present in the assassins creed games. In AC II for example, Desmond learns all of his ancestor Ezio's parkour and climbing skills when he gets out of the animus and performs them in real life.

The concept I have been researching suggest that if we imagine something in our head our body starts to react to our imagination. An example of this is when you imagine something scary in your head and your heart starts to pound in real life and your body reacts to your imagination. This concept demonstrates the power of the imagination and how our subconscious mind reacts to our conscious mind. This is because our subconscious mind can not distinguish in between what is real and what is being imagined. Therefore our body reacts to our imagination the same way it would to what is happening in our environment.

This exact process can be used to condition our selves physically without actually engaging in physically stimulating activity. In other words you can in theory, build muscle and strength without actually lifting weights or doing pull ups. There are people that have done things like this in real life.

This has a lot to do with psychology and biology I guess. So anyone with knowledge in this field should be of help.
Here are some links further explaining this concept:

http://www.uncommon-knowledge.co.uk/articles/uncommon-hypnosis/mind-body-hypnosis.html

http://www.mindpowernews.com/MindOverBody.htm

I'm inspired by assassins creed an I want to be like Ezio. I want to be able to run as long and fast as him, and I want to climb buildings like him, and I do. I have good back strength and can do many pull ups and have good finger strength too. Luckily I haven't gotten arrested though. I was just thinking of this body mind concept and how it's interesting and everything.

A few questions I have are:

Can you gain Ezio like strength with your imagination like desmond did with the Animus?

Also anyone have any other stories or experiences with this concept?

xXRyzonXx
09-24-2012, 01:22 AM
Keep in mind Assassin's Creed is a series of games, anything that happens in a game is fictional, by attempting to do these actions, you can get seriously hurt. In order to do most of the actions ezio does in the game, you would have to be very, very strong.

DigitalD3th
09-24-2012, 01:43 AM
This is true, but if you do want to further yourself in learning parkour/free running in particular try and see if there are any available classes in your area. It won't be on par with Ezio (being that it really is all a video game and a lot is exaggerated/distorted) but a class could teach you basics as well as ways to make sure injury can be avoided.

shafdude
09-24-2012, 01:51 AM
Thanks for the replies and yeah I'm not going to get hurt. I'm smart about my training and I don't do anything without confidence and practice.

Also DigitalD3th, everything Ezio does in the game can be done in real life after a few years of training. The only exaggerated thing in the game is the fact that the assassins can go around climbing buildings for hours and hours without even getting tired, also the leap of faiths are pretty fake as well. Other than that everything in the game is pretty realistic and can be done in real life and has been done in real life.

And yeah the free running classes sound like a good idea and I have been thinking about that, I will join classes when I get time too.

Anyone have any reply on the body mind thing though?

rileypoole1234
09-24-2012, 01:56 AM
Try as you may, I don't think anybody will ever have as much enduranceas Ezio. He's a videogame character, he can run forever.

I have heard of the type of thing you are talking about though. I don't really think all that much of it. To build strength you need to work out, lift weights. You need to perform the act multiple times to improve your performance in it. It's called practice.

I work out. I wouldn't have muscles if I only thought about working out.

Potato54321
09-24-2012, 01:57 AM
It's in theory a good idea, but probably too unproven and difficult.

Also, when you're able to fall off of two story buildings without dying, get back to me. Much of what Ezio does is impossible (like how far and long he can jump, his ability to jump across a street and catch onto a 2 inch ledge). If you try and be exactly like him you'll end up killing yourself after doing something stupid. Taking parkour classes and not trying to teach yourself is probably a good idea.

MetalCreed
09-24-2012, 02:40 AM
I don't even

NewBlade200
09-24-2012, 02:44 AM
Not to sound like the sad excuse of an unfit, basment-dwelling-vampire-that-sucks-the-life-out-of-the-hopes-and-dreams-of-everyone-around-me-whilest-I-furiously-click-links-on-many-illicit-websites-as-I-cry-myself-to-sleep-cherub that I totally am not, regardless of what my dad may say...

But why do you want to learn these skills? Is it that you're unhappy with your body? Is it a girl? The path to becoming great at something is to understand why you want it, and if it will really carry you past a month of training and hardships to your goals. The greatest heros and villains of history were driven by great goals of which we good people don't have the slightest glimmer of compared to our gratuitous dreams of goods and greed whilest we grin and blah blah blah.

The bottom line is you need to know you're trying to do it for the right reasons

maxerx180
09-24-2012, 02:45 AM
Can you gain Ezio like strength with your imagination like desmond did with the Animus?

No because he didn't use his imagination it was with the bleeding effect. Also it's a game.

shafdude
09-24-2012, 03:33 AM
@NewBlade,

I'm not a girl. I want to be like this because it is a hobby that has now extended to a lifestlye. I am obsessed with physical conditioning. It is my life now, it is what I do and will do I want to be a cop when I'm older so I can use these ezio like skills to possibly do some crime stopping.

I like conditioning my self because I want to become a better person. I don't want to be a boring person who goes to school comes back and studies and eats and sleeps. I want more with my life and I want to help people and become good at something. Physical conditioning is what I chose to achieve that.

Plus just incase you were assuming I'm impatient, I'm not. I know to achieve such fitness I would have to train for years. I have already done a year of training and gotten great results. I'm going to continue this training hopefully for the rest of my life.

Potato54321
09-24-2012, 03:35 AM
You're sixteen. You can't really do anything until you are 18 and in college.

I don't think being obsessed with physical conditioning is all that healthy....overdoing anything is bad.

Assassin_M
09-24-2012, 03:36 AM
You're sixteen. You can't really do anything until you are 18 and in college.

I don't think being obsessed with physical conditioning is all that healthy....overdoing anything is bad.
Listen to this wise man, young Grass hoppaa

LightRey
09-24-2012, 10:17 AM
I'm not even sure if Desmond is gaining much physical strength, just instinctively (in a very literal sense) mastering the techniques. It's possible that he has gained some more muscle tissue in the way you've described, but I think he's just generally fit. Parkour is not something like weight lifting. You don't have to be some kind of body builder to do it. It's much more about technique.

pacmanate
09-24-2012, 01:36 PM
Try as you may, I don't think anybody will ever have as much enduranceas Ezio. He's a videogame character, he can run forever.

Dog please I can run forever.