PDA

View Full Version : A Few Weapon Questions

projectpat06
09-23-2012, 10:06 PM
1. Will we be able to lose weapons like have them knocked out of our hands like in previous games? This would sometimes cause us to flee and have to go buy the weapon again which I like in a sense.

2. Does anyone know about the weapon upgrades this time around and what we can buy? For instance, can we buy multiple bows as the game progresses?

3. Are throwing knives returning? I haven't seen them in any of the footage thus far, but I hope they do.

Ielgon
09-23-2012, 10:19 PM
1. We don't know.

2. No idea other than some speculation that we'll be able to modify certain weapons (like the bow), we are sure you'll be able to buy different and better weapons though.

3. Again, nobody knows (seems unlikely because the bow is just as fast and kind of fits the same role).

Subject J80
09-23-2012, 10:21 PM
I'd like to know if we can customize....If I don't want to carry a sword, do I have too?

xXRyzonXx
09-23-2012, 10:22 PM
1. I don't think so, They said they didn't want to add features just for the sake of them being in the previous game, also i would assume Connor's tomahawk is a unique weapon, and if it wont get knocked out of our hands.

2. There is weapon upgrades, how extensives? we don't know yet. I highly doubt you will be able to buy a differen't bow seeing as Connor's bow also appears to be a unique item, probably made by Connor or someone in his tribe.

3. As far as i know, They may our may not return, they weren't used alot in that time period so i would assume they aren't returning.

Ielgon
09-23-2012, 10:24 PM
I'd like to know if we can customize....If I don't want to carry a sword, do I have too?

You're not forced to carry a sword if you don't want to, I'm fairly certain of that.

MetalCreed
09-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Sword will be in the game, I'll definitely look forward to using some old school weapons :cool:

projectpat06
09-23-2012, 10:39 PM
I know bombs have been dropped (see what i did there) but is the smoke bomb completely gone as well?

Ielgon
09-23-2012, 10:43 PM
I know bombs have been dropped (see what i did there) but is the smoke bomb completely gone as well?

We don't know, we know very little in general (which is funny because we've already seen and read a lot about the game). I doubt it will be gone though since it was in AC2, ACB and actually had a use there. It will probably still be in, it's just that they removed all the different kinds of bombs from ACR.

projectpat06
09-23-2012, 10:50 PM
I'm also hoping we get the blow gun like the one Aveline uses so the poison darts make a return.

naran6142
09-23-2012, 10:52 PM
smoke bombs dont really seem like connors style to me, i dont really see them coming back

but im pretty sure throwing knives are back

DavisP92
09-23-2012, 10:58 PM
1. Will we be able to lose weapons like have them knocked out of our hands like in previous games? This would sometimes cause us to flee and have to go buy the weapon again which I like in a sense.

2. Does anyone know about the weapon upgrades this time around and what we can buy? For instance, can we buy multiple bows as the game progresses?

3. Are throwing knives returning? I haven't seen them in any of the footage thus far, but I hope they do.

1. I highly doubt we will lose weapons, because the tomahawk is connor's go to weapon and if it's knocked out of our hand and had to flee then we would have it.

2. There will be upgrades, but it hasn't been stated for what. In the gameinformer AC3 magazine it said that they did something new with upgrades. And we most likely will not have multiple bows because this one seems to be significant (connor may have some sentimental attachment to it)

3. And I doubt we will have throwing knives since we have a bow

smoke bombs dont really seem like connors style to me, i dont really see them coming back but im pretty sure throwing knives are back

smoke bombs are back in AC3