PDA

View Full Version : Altair's and Ezio's Influence on Connor

tjbyrum1
09-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Ezio was influenced heavily by Altair. It was Altair who allowed Ezio double-hidden-blades, a hidden gun, a poison blade, and who influenced his assassination attempts. But at the same time Ezio was connected to Altair because Ezio helped retrieve the Codex pages, wore Altair's very own custom armor, wielded Altair's very own Sword, and even went on a pilgrimage based heavily around Altair. The thing is, Ezio practically looked up to Altair as an Assassin, and was heavily influenced by him.

But now in the late 1700's, Connor Kenway, a half-Mohawk half-European is an Assassin who only (as far as we know) has connections with the American Assassin Order. I don't really see how he could be influenced by Altair or Ezio, but who knows?

So do you think Connor will at all be influenced by our former Assassins?

Moultonborough
09-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Maybe whoever introduced him to the Order. I recall a interview(don't remember which one) saying the Assassins were pretty much wiped out in the Colonies by the time Connor comes into the picture. Might of been the GI article, long time ago either way. But no, I doubt he knows a lot or nothing of Altair or Ezio.

Locopells
09-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Quite possibly. If Shao Jun did go the US at any point, she might well have brought over stuff that Ezio told her. After all, we never did see what was in the box he gave her.

andreja110s
09-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Maybe, maybe not. Connor won┤t travel, like Ezio traveled to Masyaf, and he┤s from America, far far away from Europe and Syria. But I think Europeans and the native Americans will influence on Connor, not Altair and Ezio.

nitres15
09-23-2012, 06:58 PM
i hope there┤s an item or letter or something from Ezio that Connor could find somehow, why ? Because it would be cool, that is why...

Will_Lucky
09-23-2012, 07:13 PM
i hope there┤s an item or letter or something from Ezio that Connor could find somehow, why ? Because it would be cool, that is why...

Who knows, maybe something from Flavia Auditore?

lothario-da-be
09-23-2012, 07:54 PM
I hope he knows something about ezio or altair, but he has to stay apart from them. Ezio was kinda too much connected to altair.But it could be possible since even asians come to Italy just for Ezio.
PS: 400st post!

dxsxhxcx
09-23-2012, 08:08 PM
I hope Connor isn't influenced by Ezio (or Altair) at the same rate he was influenced by Altair, IMO it was cool see Altair heavily influencing Ezio because we only had one game with him in the main platforms (I'm not counting ACR), but I'm tired of Ezio and I don't want to see him (or even Altair) being mentioned all over the place in AC3, see them being mentioned a few times when/if they tell Connor the story of Order would be enough for me, more than that, a waste of time, I want Connor to use his own shoes...

if I'm not wrong it was said in an thread/interview that the rope dart was something brought by the chinese to the USA, IMO it would be nice see Shao Jun being mentioned in the game and maybe discover what is the content of that box Ezio gave to her...

lothario-da-be
09-23-2012, 08:10 PM
I hope Connor isn't influenced by Ezio (or Altair) at the same rate he was influenced by Altair, IMO it was cool see Altair heavily influencing Ezio because we only had one game with him in the main platforms (I'm not counting ACR), but I'm tired of Ezio and I don't want to see him (or even Altair) being mentioned all over the place in AC3, see them being mentioned a few times when/if they tell Connor the story of Order would be enough for me, more than that, a waste of time...

if I'm not wrong it was said in an thread/interview that the rope dart was something brought by the chinese to the USA, IMO it would be nice see Shao Jun being mentioned in the game and maybe discover what is the content of that box Ezio gave to her...
I hope that, i realy want to know whats in that box, i think the Masyaf keys and what ezio says also hints to that.

FirestarLuva
09-23-2012, 08:22 PM
I think Connor will be the type of guy who'll want to do things on his own, without any help from others. And I agree with the posts above, Ezio was too influenced by Altair. I'd love if they are mentioned in the story, but I think it would be cool to see Connor becoming a well-known master assassin throughout history all on his own.

dxsxhxcx
09-23-2012, 08:24 PM
I hope that, i realy want to know whats in that box, i think the Masyaf keys and what ezio says also hints to that.

the masyaf keys were hidden in Constantinople again after the end of ACR.

IceHot100
09-23-2012, 08:26 PM
As we all know, Connor's father was British. Being an European, his father might have some connection with Ezio?

LightRey
09-23-2012, 08:31 PM
As we all know, Connor's father was British. Being an European, his father might have some connection with Ezio?
Well if it is it's not genetic and Ezio was long dead before his father was born.

Umbra_Blade
09-23-2012, 09:23 PM
I think they will be mentioned, but I don't think we will get items from them. After all they lived far away from America, but their influence on the Assassin Order was legendary, so they are bound to have a mention in the game. But not to the extent Altair was in AC2.

tjbyrum1
09-23-2012, 09:34 PM
I'd like to add the fact that Connor has two hidden blades.

Whether this was customary or not after Ezio's time remains unclear.

Ielgon
09-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Connor seems to be more self taught: he doesn't use the hidden blade for every assassination (instead mostly using his tomahawk), he applies his freerunning experience in the frontier to the cities (no "techniques" being passed down either assassination or freerunning), he's a lot more brutal in combat and his tracking skills come from having a lot of hunting experience. Basically because he is a native american he already has all the "techniques" of the assassins and all the traits, he doesn't need to learn anything in that aspect. I think that he will have to learn of the creed and the way of the assassins. In conclusion: No learning of techniques but learning of the ways of the assassin.

So I think he won't be influenced a lot by Ezio or Alta´r, atleast not in his techniques. He might read/hear about them and/or learn of their ideology (through a book/codex or word of mouth).

andreja110s
09-25-2012, 04:43 PM
I hope Connor isn't influenced by Ezio (or Altair) at the same rate he was influenced by Altair, IMO it was cool see Altair heavily influencing Ezio because we only had one game with him in the main platforms (I'm not counting ACR), but I'm tired of Ezio and I don't want to see him (or even Altair) being mentioned all over the place in AC3, see them being mentioned a few times when/if they tell Connor the story of Order would be enough for me, more than that, a waste of time, I want Connor to use his own shoes...

This

Sickull
09-25-2012, 07:53 PM
I hope they give Ezio or Altair an honorable mention, I mean all three of them are connected to Desmond so maybe when Connor figures out his purpose in life he'll learn about the people who came before him.