PDA

View Full Version : Concerned About the Size

tjbyrum1
09-23-2012, 05:40 PM
I've hear the Frontier alone is 1.5 the size of Rome alone, but what about Boston and New York? Not to mention the area where you can captain a ship. Just the setting alone is huge!

And then over 1000's of animations just for Connor alone? I believe I heard Hutchinson say like "an hour of animations"? That's quite a lot. And then I think remember hearing 'over 1000's of soldiers fighting a battle at once'? That's a whole lot, especially for a console.

I'm just concerned... you don't think they'll have to put AC3 on multiple disks do you (console version)? Won't the game lag with all those NPC's? I'm also worried there is not enough room for storyline missions, so the story won't be as long. Does anyone know big the game is exactly, and whether or not it'll be on multiple disks?

lothario-da-be
09-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Its because they have a very good engine. But the xbox version could still be on 2 discs.

dxsxhxcx
09-23-2012, 05:55 PM
I don't think they would be stupid enough to spend tons of money in a game without knowing if the platforms where it'll be played can handle everything is being added, in terms of disc space the worst case scenario is multiplayer in a disc and SP in another if that become a "problem", but I doubt this will happen...

ACfan443
09-23-2012, 05:56 PM
I don't think the game will lag, I mean they wouldn't just stick 2500 NPCs on screen for the hell of it. Besides, the demos showcased have been played on the PS3, and from what I've seen, it looks great.

There definitely won't be multiple disks for the PS3, since it uses blu-ray which are high capacity. I'm not too sure about the xbox though.

dewgel
09-23-2012, 05:58 PM
I've hear the Frontier alone is 1.5 the size of Rome alone, but what about Boston and New York? Not to mention the area where you can captain a ship. Just the setting alone is huge!

And then over 1000's of animations just for Connor alone? I believe I heard Hutchinson say like "an hour of animations"? That's quite a lot. And then I think remember hearing 'over 1000's of soldiers fighting a battle at once'? That's a whole lot, especially for a console.

I'm just concerned... you don't think they'll have to put AC3 on multiple disks do you (console version)? Won't the game lag with all those NPC's? I'm also worried there is not enough room for storyline missions, so the story won't be as long. Does anyone know big the game is exactly, and whether or not it'll be on multiple disks?

I'll answer your questions one by one;

Boston and New York have been reported to be roughly the size of Brotherhood's Rome, perhaps a bit smaller.

As for Naval, apparently a very large portion of the East Coast is explorable, including forts, islands and many more areas.

No, AC3 will come on 1 disc. We'll have heard by now from Microsoft if it was one more than one on the XBox (Sony will always get 1 disc.. BluRay)

In response to the amount of NPC'S, that's part of their new engine. It's not about how much space it'll take on the disc. They could easily have just made 1 soldier model, which will only take up 20mb of space on the disc.. and clone him 1000 times. That will still only be 20mb of space taken on the disc.

As for your question about lag.. no it won't lag. They've designed this engine in particular so it can handle this kind of stuff. It's not a case of it being too much for the console.

Annnnd, storyline missions... w'ere looking at 12 Sequences, consisting of 2 and a half hours of cutscenes (Which I believe is on par with all previous games)

NewBlade200
09-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Don't worry, size doesn't matter as much as performance. If it isn't big enough you can work on it a bit yourself until it's as big as possible. Take your time (nobody likes getting too excited and finishing early) and have fun. Keep at it as it gets better and better, warming up more and more. Don't be afraid to stick your finger in side missions. After a while it'll start getting really good and you'll want to finish it then and there, but take your time! Then, just as you start to get really excited the game will start to finish in a grand crecendo of pixilated pleasure and there you'll give out a shower of accomplishment. Just remember to call the AC team again sometime in the morning to ask if you can play another sometime. And wear protectionon your disk(when you're not playing you don't want it to get scratched).

ProletariatPleb
09-23-2012, 06:15 PM
Don't worry, size doesn't matter as much as performance. If it isn't big enough you can work on it a bit yourself until it's as big as possible. Take your time (nobody likes getting too excited and finishing early) and have fun. Keep at it as it gets better and better, warming up more and more. Don't be afraid to stick your finger in side missions. After a while it'll start getting really good and you'll want to finish it then and there, but take your time! Then, just as you start to get really excited the game will start to finish in a grand crecendo of pixilated pleasure and there you'll give out a shower of accomplishment. Just remember to call the AC team again sometime in the morning to ask if you can play another sometime. And wear protectionon your disk(when you're not playing you don't want it to get scratched).
I see what you did there, rofl!

Yes those areas ARE big, but they're not all loaded into memory together.

Animations could be a worry, but they've built the game with the console in mind, so I have no reason to doubt it will have issues.

The large amount of NPCs, most of them anyway, are just groups of them performing the same function, I highly doubt it will cause stress.

tjbyrum1
09-23-2012, 06:15 PM
Well then good! No matter what, I HAVE to get this game for my Xbox.

Moultonborough
09-23-2012, 06:23 PM

I just got to say this is the best post I have ever read on the forum. I bow down to your greatness.;):o

Locopells
09-23-2012, 06:59 PM
There's a thread, somewhere, for this already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju29aXGLkXg&feature=plcp