PDA

View Full Version : The Start of the Game (Possible Spoilers)

dewgel
09-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Right-e-o, suppose we can have a little fun here. Let's speculate on what we think it's going to be when we pop that disc in (after hitting start?)

My personal guess would be the most obvious..

"My name is Desmond Miles. Until a few weeks ago, I was pouring shots *bla bla*" re-cap video. Then, we return to the end of Revelations. The team are starting at the temple door. Possibly a reunion conversation between Desmond and William?

Desmond approaches the door, knowing that he must enter. Unfortunately, noone knows how to. And they simply can't. Obviously, they quickly decide it's time to jump back in the animus and search through the ancestors to find a suitable memory.

The bit I can't work out is.. how do they know it's Connor? Does William speak of him? That's all I can think.. William explains "there was once an Assassin in our ranks who spoke of this door" or something like that?

Ielgon
09-22-2012, 09:43 PM
I think it will start with Connor as a child watching his village burn and then him running up to and killing one of the enemy soldiers with a knife (or perhaps a tomahawk) whether this will be out of self-defense or anger I'm not sure yet. Or alternatively have us kill some big character with Connor directly and then have it desynchronize somehow because Desmond isn't synched well enough with Connor to access that memory yet (Like in ACB). After either of those we will step out of the animus and get told about Desmond and why he has to enter the animus again, perhaps even already have a little action/climbing to do with him before we go into the animus again.

My predictions because we know we'll be assassinating someone in the first 30 seconds and that Connor watching his village burn will be near the beginning.

To work out your theory a bit more: Maybe they find something left by Connor in the first room of the temple/near the entrance/before the part they have to get in so that they'll know they need Connor?

dewgel
09-22-2012, 09:50 PM
I think it will start with Connor watching his village burn and then him running up to and killing one of the enemy soldiers with a knife (or perhaps a tomahawk). Or alternatively have us kill some big character with Connor directly and then have it desynchronize somehow because Desmond isn't synched well enough with Connor to access that memory yet (Like in ACB). After either of those we will step out of the animus and get told about Desmond and why he has to enter the animus again, perhaps even already have a little action/climbing to do with him before we go into the animus again.

My predictions because we know we'll be assassinating someone in the first 30 seconds and that Connor watching his village burn will be near the beginning.

Where was the first 30 seconds Assassination from? Who said that :O?

I'd assume we'd be doing that in the first 30 seconds as Connor. I don't think the game will immediately start with Connor gameplay, it'll definitely be Desmond. I like your idea of them trying to access his later memory, but the reason that happened in ACB is because Ezio was repressing hiding the Apple from his memory in 1506, and Desmond automatically jumped to the most stable memory, which was the Battle with Cesare, however as Ezio looked over the battlefield and the assault on the Viana castle, he begin remembering about the attack on Monterigionni. This was classed as "memory-within-memory" like patterns, Subject 6, the Pregnant woman, suffered this at Abstergo.

Although, you could be right in which Connor may be in a battle at the start, and all of a sudden he could see a burning village and begin remembering that... very plausible

Assassin_M
09-22-2012, 09:55 PM

I'd assume we'd be doing that in the first 30 seconds as Connor. I don't think the game will immediately start with Connor gameplay, it'll definitely be Desmond. I like your idea of them trying to access his later memory, but the reason that happened in ACB is because Ezio was repressing hiding the Apple from his memory in 1506, and Desmond automatically jumped to the most stable memory, which was the Battle with Cesare, however as Ezio looked over the battlefield and the assault on the Viana castle, he begin remembering about the attack on Monterigionni. This was classed as "memory-within-memory" like patterns, Subject 6, the Pregnant woman, suffered this at Abstergo.

Although, you could be right in which Connor may be in a battle at the start, and all of a sudden he could see a burning village and begin remembering that... very plausible
Subject 15

dewgel
09-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Subject 15

Like I said, Subject 15 *shifty eyes*

Ielgon
09-22-2012, 09:57 PM

http://www.gamezone.com/products/assassin-s-creed-iii/news/killing-in-assassin-s-creed-iii-will-start-within-30-seconds-of-playing

Seen the quote pop up numerous times, just type in Assassin's Creed 3 first 30 seconds on google! XD

And thank you for the explanation about ACB, did not know it was like that! ^^

I really like the idea of this thread, saw these pop-up for the previous games but since I wasn't an active poster I never participated in them. Glad to finally be able to share my ideas on this! :)

dewgel
09-22-2012, 10:00 PM
http://www.gamezone.com/products/assassin-s-creed-iii/news/killing-in-assassin-s-creed-iii-will-start-within-30-seconds-of-playing

Seen the quote pop up numerous times, just type in Assassin's Creed 3 first 30 seconds on google! XD

And thank you for the explanation about ACB, did not know it was like that! ^^

No worries :) And nor did I really, it was poorly explained in the game, you sort of had to guess it, but devs and interviews confirmed it, and the AC Wiki had it up. I'm sure it's in the AC Brotherhood novel too.

ACfan443
09-22-2012, 10:35 PM
They said you'll be assassinating someone within "30 seconds of putting the disk in" I'm gonna assume it'll be Desmond who'll perform the assassination, since Alex H also said that AC3 will start exactly where Revelations ended.

Ever since they revealed the whole 30 second thing, I've always wondered if they actually meant it literally, or if it was just a phrase to say you'll kill someone pretty quick(not literally 30 secs)

Ielgon
09-22-2012, 10:43 PM
The problem with the 30 seconds quote is indeed how literally we should take A. The time frame and B. Them saying that it will start of "exactly" where ACR ended.

If you see it as being 30 seconds from putting the disk in and it starting exactly where ACR ended we'll be assassinating someone as Desmond, the only persons close enough to him would be William, Shaun and Rebecca, seems unlikely! (Unless he of course does it and then pulls a lame: Desmond: He/She was a templar! Someone else: How do you know Desmond!? Desmond: SIXTH SENSE!) XD

If you take the 30 seconds seriously but not the starting exactly where ACR ended it seems more likely to me that it'll be with Connor (although Desmond is also very possible).

If you just take the starting exactly where ACR ended seriously but not the 30 seconds it doesn't matter since no one needs to be assassinated in the first 30 seconds that way but it is certain that we'll start of as Desmond then.

BTW: How could would it be if you used my theory of it starting with Connor as a child killing a soldier and that the first time you boot the game up the title screen you will just see Connor watching over his burning village and all you hear is the flames. And that it'll just have the Assassin's Creed 3 Logo and press start and then when you do you suddenly hear all the screaming besides the burning and then he'll kill the soldier?

MetalCreed
09-22-2012, 11:26 PM
We might be playing as someone else in the starting of the game

tjbyrum1
09-22-2012, 11:38 PM
Starts up with the Desmond intro. Some Desmond gameplay about the PoE, like going to get it. Fight some Templars, do some parkour, talk to fellow allies, get to the PoE, but find out someone named Connor took it southward.

Then they try to go into Desmond's memory to see if he can be Connor. Desmond turns into Connor at a young age, founds out his backstory, then starts playing Connor and the historical assassin gameplay officially begins. Every now and then Desmond comes out of the Animus for dialogue, etc. Eventually they learn Connor led a ship down south to hide the PoE elsewhere. Desmond and the team reach a conclusion and AC is officially over.

infamous_ezio
09-23-2012, 05:50 AM
If it starts with desmond and the team, i think the first thing will happen will
- shaun accuses desmond of killing lucy
- William actually knows why it happened,and waits for desmond to be concious
-Desmond (maybe) knows about what he put 16 through, and goes nuts, (they said they want to make people realize that the templars aren't really all that evil)

just a thought, i think the problem will be addressed immediately

Stroonzje
09-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Pretty Wild theory but maybe if you remember in AC1 how the assassins were at the entrance shooting with guns, and desmonds hears them through Vidic's radio thing. it was mostly a decoy for another assassin to get into abstergo for some other reason, you could be playing as that assassin for some reason that ties into the story and you end up meeting him/her (maybe could even be eve)

andreja110s
09-23-2012, 10:31 AM
I think at the begining we will be playing as Desmond: at first there will be some talking, then we will be going to the temple doors, maybe we will have to kill some templars( you know, those we killed at the end of AC2)...

DarkDreamer95
09-23-2012, 01:09 PM
The problem with the 30 seconds quote is indeed how literally we should take A. The time frame and B. Them saying that it will start of "exactly" where ACR ended.

If you see it as being 30 seconds from putting the disk in and it starting exactly where ACR ended we'll be assassinating someone as Desmond, the only persons close enough to him would be William, Shaun and Rebecca, seems unlikely! (Unless he of course does it and then pulls a lame: Desmond: He/She was a templar! Someone else: How do you know Desmond!? Desmond: SIXTH SENSE!) XD

Shaun doesn't have to be a Templar for Desmond to want to stab him :P

I hope it's Desmond doing the first-30-second killing. It's about time he stepped up the awesome.

dewgel
09-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Just to clarify, according to many interviews; Alex Hutchinson said you'll be assassinating someone 30 seconds after hitting Start Game (he said putting disc in the tray but I assume he's not counting load screens)

Here's a spanner in the works.. what if Desmond's not our only present time gameplay? What if we're, I dunno, playing as Daniel Cross in the first scene? We really need introducing to that character afterall. Alex has constantly said this is the perfect game for newcomers. I'll be honest, even if you own AC1 through to ACR, you don't really know who Daniel Cross is unless you've read the novels or you've played that tiny bit in the ACR Multiplayer.

It's got to be present tense. I just can't see it being Connor who does the assassinating, giving that the first achievement for the game is "Re-Enter The Animus"

ALSO ALSO ALSO.. Perhaps Desmond knows that Connor is the Assassin he needs to go back to because of Subject 16's magical trickery? Or the Apple tells him? Remember, Ezio could ask the Apple questions and it would give him answers.

rileypoole1234
09-23-2012, 04:48 PM
I think it'd be neat if it started with us entering the Temple as Desmond, and then we realise we need to relive Connor's life because we don't know how to continue, but Connor did. Now that I think about it, we really have no idea why we're playing as Connor at all so it really has to be because Connor knew something we don't

Ielgon
09-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Just to clarify, according to many interviews; Alex Hutchinson said you'll be assassinating someone 30 seconds after hitting Start Game (he said putting disc in the tray but I assume he's not counting load screens)

Here's a spanner in the works.. what if Desmond's not our only present time gameplay? What if we're, I dunno, playing as Daniel Cross in the first scene? We really need introducing to that character afterall. Alex has constantly said this is the perfect game for newcomers. I'll be honest, even if you own AC1 through to ACR, you don't really know who Daniel Cross is unless you've read the novels or you've played that tiny bit in the ACR Multiplayer.

It's got to be present tense. I just can't see it being Connor who does the assassinating, giving that the first achievement for the game is "Re-Enter The Animus"

ALSO ALSO ALSO.. Perhaps Desmond knows that Connor is the Assassin he needs to go back to because of Subject 16's magical trickery? Or the Apple tells him? Remember, Ezio could ask the Apple questions and it would give him answers.

Re-Enter means just that re-enter. You could start as Connor, exit, play as Desmond and then Re-enter again for the first achievement (and probably the intro of the game) completed.

It is starting to seem more like it'll be starting with Desmond though, as cool as I feel my intro idea is it just doesn't really work for this being Desmond's "closing" game. We need to start as Desmond and finish as Desmond in order for this to really be the end of Desmond's story. I still feel like we'll be introduced to Connor very early on though. There won't be hours of gameplay before we enter the animus at most something like 20 minutes. People will have seen Connor on the packaging and will want/expect Connor. Only the hardcore fans would want/understand any serious Desmond time. The only problem with starting as Desmond is that if you are then the 30 seconds and starting of exactly where ACR ended statements are incompatible/seem unlikely.

dewgel
09-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Re-Enter means just that re-enter. You could start as Connor, exit, play as Desmond and then Re-enter again for the first achievement (and probably the intro of the game) completed.

It is starting to seem more like it'll be starting with Desmond though, as cool as I feel my intro idea is it just doesn't really work for this being Desmond's "closing" game. We need to start as Desmond and finish as Desmond in order for this to really be the end of Desmond's story. I still feel like we'll be introduced to Connor very early on though. There won't be hours of gameplay before we enter the animus at most something like 20 minutes. People will have seen Connor on the packaging and will want/expect Connor. Only the hardcore fans would want/understand any serious Desmond time. The only problem with starting as Desmond is that if you are then the 30 seconds and starting of exactly where ACR ended statements are incompatible/seem unlikely.

Alex Hutchinson said in a few interviews that he wants the game to start full of action, he doesn't want you to feel like you're playing tutorial after tutorial. I can only guess that as Desmond wakes up, Abstergo agents arrive and begin attacking Desmond, to which Desmond quickly despatches them

projectpat06
09-25-2012, 11:59 AM
This video should give some clarity on how the beginning of the game will start. Watch at about 3:33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lLkHAZs-dVE

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 12:02 PM
This video should give some clarity on how the beginning of the game will start. Watch at about 3:33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lLkHAZs-dVE
Corey Is just epic..

He reads the forums

projectpat06
09-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Corey Is just epic..

He reads the forums

Agreed, I have a lot of respect for him and his talents. It would be awesome to work with him as well

Legendz54
09-25-2012, 12:17 PM
I like how they showed Connors personality more in the cutscenes, I can see that there is a lot more to him than just a stoic, quiet person. You can tell when he is pissed, and there is a lot more untold story about Connor that I anticipate to find out. Building your own villages and recruiting people to live and do errands in them is a huge upgrade that i'm going to enjoy playing around with.

Everything is very impressive.

DeSabellis
09-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Minor Spoiler if you didn't read the achievement list:

Personally, I think the start of the game is going to be the Modern day Templars attacking the Assassins- then again the achievement is called 'Rude Awakening'. Maybe it is referencing the fact that Desmond just woke from the coma (ACR), and the attack is the rude awakening. I think after four games of teasing Desmond action, some modern combat would be well warranted. I think once Desmond becomes a true Assassin, people that don't like the modern story will begin to. It has potential, in fact I am looking forward to that part the most. Either way, Desmond is going to become an Assassin in every sense of the way, because- this is his last game.