PDA

View Full Version : AC Liberation - Play as Connor DLC!

pacmanate
09-22-2012, 07:34 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/547979_469876093053030_1233519463_n.jpg

Edit: Just found this on wikipedia, looks like you get these DLC/Unlocks by pairing up the Vita and PS3

"By linking the game to Assassin's Creed III, the player will receive an in-game version of Connor's tomahawk, an exclusive character skin, a multiplayer character and a complete upgrade of all ammunition pouches"

Also for those thinking she will have Connors animations...

"The game uses the same engine that runs Assassin's Creed III, allowing for the same gameplay experience as a console release. Aveline will also have her own, new, set of animations as well as have the ability to duel-wield weapons, such as the new blowpipe as well as the familiar swords, knives, pistols and hidden blade"

Ielgon
09-22-2012, 07:37 PM
It's really starting to look like Liberation is sort of a cash-in of the "big" release (with them just using Connor's animations, it being portable and coming out at the same time and all that). I really hope I'm wrong and it's a great refreshing new game that can easily stand on it's own though (I'll still be getting it the moment I get a Vita)!

Potato54321
09-22-2012, 07:45 PM
It's really starting to look like Liberation is sort of a cash-in of the "big" release (with them just using Connor's animations, it being portable and coming out at the same time and all that). I really hope I'm wrong and it's a great refreshing new game that can easily stand on it's own though (I'll still be getting it the moment I get a Vita)!

Keep in mind that Brotherhood and Revelations were technically a "cash in" and all of the assassins animations up until AC3 has been the same (of course new ones got added, but the basic movement animations were identical)

Whether it's a cash in or not is irrelevant. The important thing is whether it's good or not.

Also, Ubisoft is getting a little too DLC happy lately. There is literally no way to get every single player mission unless you play PC because of different pre-order bonuses. This is not good at all. They probably figure that it's better to let PC gamers buy all the in game extras to discourage pirating (when you pirate it's very easy to get everything with the game; I play PC by the way, I'm going to buy it only because its possible for me to buy all single player missions with the game and I'd rather have in game stuff than physical stuff), but since it's much more difficult for console players to pirate they can get away with making it basically impossible to get all single player missions. It looks like they're doing the same thing with Liberation.

Ielgon
09-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Keep in mind that Brotherhood and Revelations were technically a "cash in" and all of the assassins animations up until AC3 has been the same (of course new ones got added, but the basic movement animations were identical)

Whether it's a cash in or not is irrelevant. The important thing is whether it's good or not.

Also, Ubisoft is getting a little too DLC happy lately. There is literally no way to get every single player mission unless you play PC because of different pre-order bonuses. This is not good at all. They probably figure that it's better to let PC gamers buy all the in game extras to discourage pirating (when you pirate it's very easy to get everything with the game; I play PC by the way, I'm going to buy it only because its possible for me to buy all single player missions with the game and I'd rather have in game stuff than physical stuff), but since it's much more difficult for console players to pirate they can get away with making it basically impossible to get all single player missions. It looks like they're doing the same thing with Liberation.

That's because AC2, ACB and ACR all ran on the same code and engine and we're basically just adding to the previous game. AC3 runs on a new engine and code so Connor can have a completely new set of animations, but now Aveline has exactly the same animations making it just seem borrowed and like nothing new was made specifically for the basis of Liberation.

And I said that what matters more is that it's good! XD

Agreed on the DLC, but we'll probably be getting the rest of it with actual DLC later (like how you got all pre-order DLC with the actual after release DLC packs in previous games).

Potato54321
09-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Not necessarily. It probably wouldn't be difficult to import the animations from the old engine and make just new ones for tree climbing. But they didn't, because they're awesome.

InfamousQ1987
09-22-2012, 07:51 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/547979_469876093053030_1233519463_n.jpg

do you know how much this dlc will cost, because I really want to play as connor and unlock his tomahawk.

pacmanate
09-22-2012, 08:02 PM

"The game uses the same engine that runs Assassin's Creed III, allowing for the same gameplay experience as a console release. Aveline will also have her own, new, set of animations as well as have the ability to duel-wield weapons, such as the new blowpipe as well as the familiar swords, knives, pistols and hidden blade"

do you know how much this dlc will cost, because I really want to play as connor and unlock his tomahawk.

I think its when you pair up the Vita with AC3.

InfamousQ1987
09-22-2012, 08:09 PM
I have Xbox 360 =( oh well..my buddy has a ps3 so maybe that ail help me.

Potato54321
09-22-2012, 08:10 PM
"Aveline will also have her own, new, set of animations as well as have the ability to duel-wield weapons, such as the new blowpipe as well as the familiar swords, knives, pistols and hidden blade"

I think they mean that she will have unique additional animations. Conner obviously doesn't have a blowpipe animation because he doesn't have a blowpipe.

Her movement and climbing animations are the same as Conner's.

im3jia
09-22-2012, 08:16 PM
I wonder if the NY mission in Liberations will be in AC3 too, or maybe it will be exclusive to the Vita?

Ielgon
09-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Not necessarily. It probably wouldn't be difficult to import the animations from the old engine and make just new ones for tree climbing. But they didn't, because they're awesome.

I know. But I meant that they could use new ones and did, because they're awesome. XD

lothario-da-be
09-22-2012, 08:19 PM
ubi realy needs to calm down with their dlc's

Assassin_M
09-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Lets all argue about the goddamm Animations and completely Ignore the fact that Connor is DLC with a Mission to New York that no one even mentioned...

JEEZ YOU GUYS !!!

InfamousQ1987
09-22-2012, 08:27 PM
Lets all argue about the goddamm Animations and completely Ignore the fact that Connor is DLC with a Mission to New York that no one even mentioned...

JEEZ YOU GUYS !!!

^^ this ^^
I don't care about aveline and connor sharing animations. I kinda want an ac3 on the go so the fact that she has connors animations is great...imho

Ielgon
09-22-2012, 08:37 PM

JEEZ YOU GUYS !!!

Sorry M....please don't yell at me? :(

I made a thread about the animations of Liberation a while ago but hardly anyone replied, seems like people are unwilling to discuss the game's quality in that department so that's why I brought it up again. Anyway the time for discussion of that will be when it comes out and we can actually see whether it's a direct copy-paste job or whether it's different enough to feel fresh. End of discussion about animation.

Anyway the mission sounds cool, but wouldn't it sort of be wrong from an ingame perspective? Being able to play as Connor would mean we should be in the animus as Desmond (since it's his ancestor) but we're not (since we're playing as Aveline), This raises the question of who the person in the animus is in Liberation (will there even be one?). And as stated above will it just be a memory out of AC3 (since we should have the memory in AC3 also if we're playing as Connor)? Or maybe it is actually a mission FOR AC3 if it's a link bonus (the tomahawk and upgrade would be for Liberation while the multiplayer character and mission would be for AC3)?

....I wonder if Connor will have the same animations as Aveline/as in AC3? (Joke of course, now I'll shut up about it :P)

lothario-da-be
09-22-2012, 08:37 PM

JEEZ YOU GUYS !!!
Do you think that that mission in new york is just from ac3?

dewgel
09-22-2012, 09:10 PM
Anyone reckon this will go both ways? Aveline in ACIII perhaps?

And for whoever complained about Libs being a cash in, it said she has her own unique animations, not the same as Connor's. It also was stating that the handheld console runs on the powerful engine built for the console, allowing you to be able to play as Connor easily (so they could put his running animations in)

Ielgon
09-22-2012, 09:13 PM
Anyone reckon this will go both ways? Aveline in ACIII perhaps?

And for whoever complained about Libs being a cash in, it said she has her own unique animations, not the same as Connor's. It also was stating that the handheld console runs on the powerful engine built for the console, allowing you to be able to play as Connor easily (so they could put his running animations in)

But in all gameplay videos she seems to have the same combat, climbing and nearly the same running animations (she even spins her big knife or something just like Connor spins his tomahawk!).
Anyway I'm done talking about it now, I'll just wait to see it when it actually comes out.

dewgel
09-22-2012, 09:22 PM
But in all gameplay videos she seems to have the same combat, climbing and nearly the same running animations (she even spins her big knife or something just like Connor spins his tomahawk!).
Anyway I'm done talking about it now, I'll just wait to see it when it actually comes out.

Her running is totally different. She has that classic "woman run". I hate her run in the game, it looks silly, but it's not one bit like Connor.

Her combat animations are similar but again different, and her climbing is the same, but that's just because... well.. climbing is climbing.

pacmanate
09-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Maybe Aveline will be in AC3.... it would be a shame to not have her on a console game but on a handheld. It would be such an epic moment, to me/

TeaKadaRaja
09-23-2012, 09:20 AM
I think that the Mission will be in AC3. AC3:L will just have that same mission. :p

moc100
09-25-2012, 07:05 PM
That's awesome news. I hope there will also be a Connor costume in Liberation because Aveline looks awesome but Connor looks so badass.

im3jia
10-17-2012, 09:32 PM
This is from the recent GameInformer: "Ubisoft confirmed that one mission sends Aveline to New York, where she meets up with Connor, and the two work together to complete the job. If you have a Assassin's Creed III save on your PS3, you can even unlock the ability to play the Liberation mission with Connor."

So it's going to be the same mission, but you're Aveline on Vita, and Connor on PS3?

GreatBeyonder
10-18-2012, 04:10 AM

Edit: Just found this on wikipedia, looks like you get these DLC/Unlocks by pairing up the Vita and PS3

"By linking the game to Assassin's Creed III, the player will receive an in-game version of Connor's tomahawk, an exclusive character skin, a multiplayer character and a complete upgrade of all ammunition pouches"

Also for those thinking she will have Connors animations...

French Agile doesn't look very French... :mad:

kudos17
10-18-2012, 04:44 AM
This is from the recent GameInformer: "Ubisoft confirmed that one mission sends Aveline to New York, where she meets up with Connor, and the two work together to complete the job. If you have a Assassin's Creed III save on your PS3, you can even unlock the ability to play the Liberation mission with Connor."

So it's going to be the same mission, but you're Aveline on Vita, and Connor on PS3?

Yeah. The same point from two perspectives, basically.

InfamousQ1987
10-18-2012, 05:36 AM
Yeah. The same point from two perspectives, basically.

If AC:L is a propaganda tool created by Abstergo, then one would assume Aveline never existed. Her actions are created by Abstergo to paint a certain image of the Assassin's.
With that being said... If she is created by abstergo as a propaganda tool, and never existed, then how could her and Connor even meet? Maybe only in AC:L so that Abstergo can show Connor in a different light.

I don't think she will appear in AC3, but if she does then I was wrong about her not existing :P

GreatBeyonder
10-18-2012, 05:39 AM
If AC:L is a propaganda tool created by Abstergo, then one would assume Aveline never existed. Her actions are created by Abstergo to paint a certain image of the Assassin's.
With that being said... If she is created by abstergo as a propaganda tool, and never existed, then how could her and Connor even meet? Maybe only in AC:L so that Abstergo can show Connor in a different light.

I don't think she will appear in AC3, but if she does then I was wrong about her not existing :P

Aveline did exist, but Abstergo has heavily doctored her storyline for propaganda use. In Liberation, Erudito hacks the game at certain points to reveal what REALLY happened in history. I wouldn't be surprised if the Connor version is completely different.

Locopells
10-18-2012, 09:00 AM
I'm hoping she does pop up in ACIII, at some point.

pacmanate
10-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Hopefully we do see Aveline in AC3 and play from different perspectives, that would be sweet

rbfitzgerald
11-29-2012, 01:51 AM
Can anyone get the extras to work on the Vita? Tried the instructions multiple times and still not working.

Element CL
11-29-2012, 05:01 AM
Can anyone get the extras to work on the Vita? Tried the instructions multiple times and still not working.

There's so much about this game that doesn't work. First it was the backlight sub game that is broken, stealing is broken, trade ships are broken, I was able to get through the game story after finding a way to glitch out of a mission that wont end after you do everything and all the characters have disappeared.

Now that I want to go back and get 100 percent, I can't load the stupid game. I hit continue and get the loading screen for 2 seconds and the game crashes and resets.

I can't understand how they can make a game with such great graphics mechanics and what have you, but neglect to fix something that prevents you from playing the game at all.