PDA

View Full Version : Is Jaguar Warrior viable?

Matrix.disc
09-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Looking at the 3 resources drops for Stronghold I've noticed that Jaguar Warrior doesn't ever occur to me as a viable card to use. It doesn't have enrage - what makes him not synergistic with the other cards in the deck. It doesn't pose almost any threat - its 1 attack means nothing. He's supposed to be a "ha-ha! I got you" card, but with the current power it's not really threatening. Jaguar Warrior is an Uncommon card and yet it's weaker than a common Centaur Archer or Dreamwalker! And yes, I am fully aware what special abilities does he possess. It still doesn't make up for his non-threatening stats.

My proposed changes would be:
a) Give Jaguar Warrior Enrage 1 - then he'd be a good turn 3 drop, at the level of Dreamwalker
b) Increase Jaguar Warrior's attack to 2 - it would mean he is still not synergistic with Enrage based deck, but he'd be a better choice
c) Give Jaguar Warrior Double Strike - I think that would be an overkill, because you can increase the damage really easily

If Jaguar Warrior with one of these improvements would seem too strong - nothing easier to fix! Just lower his health to 2, so he can be killed with Firebolt, one charge of Agony, or any 1-2 cost drop that has 2 attack.

Could anyone phrase their opinion on this topic?

ssslock
09-23-2012, 01:05 AM
jaguar warrior has some special use such as take out chaos imp and moonsilk spider, both card is annoy.
also consider use it combine with attack boosters such as inner fire

Matrix.disc
09-23-2012, 02:08 PM
I know that there are situations where he "can" be used, but for me these few situations don't really give a reason to include him in a deck. That's why I am suggesting the changes.

manytrees2
09-23-2012, 02:41 PM
might lvl and cost could be reduced down to 2.

he s to weak early but late game he can be a pain ... specially with buff spells.

Matrix.disc
09-23-2012, 04:30 PM
I agree that decreasing the const and might requirement would be also some kind of a solution, but I still feel that he has his place in the Tier 3 drops, but with some slight buff for aggression.