PDA

View Full Version : Boston Tea Party | Mission Details

prince162010
09-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Boston Tea Party | Mission Details_ The Redcoats are busy with a disturbance outside the docks caused by a multitude encouraged to rebel.
Elsewhere Kenway Connor infiltrates these same docks to start an event that changed the course of the American Revolution , commonly known as the Boston Tea Motin .
Complying with the first part of the plan passes - along with a couple of soldiers - in the ship that carries this popular brew English , consequently proceeds to throw on the shores of Boston Harbor.

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w374/IenAxes/BostonTeaPartyXVIII_zpsb841c80d.jpg

But just before completing his mission is interrupted by the guard and begins a confrontation that unleashed chaos in the already busy port.

*All of this from AC Chile

<

kriegerdesgottes
09-22-2012, 03:28 PM
It just occurred to me that the men throwing the tea overboard were dressed as Mohawk Indians which doesn't seem to be the case here, with the exception of Connor I guess.

rileypoole1234
09-22-2012, 03:35 PM
It just occurred to me that the men throwing the tea overboard were dressed as Mohawk Indians which doesn't seem to be the case here, with the exception of Connor I guess.

Yeah whenever I was told about how this happened, everyone always said that they dressed up as Natives. I also thought they did it in secret in the silence of night. It looks like there are about 6 redcoats attacking, and it even says it in the description. That's fine though.

I love the fact that Connor actually starts the Boston Tea Party. I'm glad he's going to play such a huge role in history.

kudos17
09-22-2012, 03:37 PM

This is actually concerning me. In the "Inside AC3" video, episode 4, they bring up the Boston Massacre and the Boston Tea Party. While not everyone wore the disguise, a lot did, and that's important.

Also, during the Boston Massacre scene in the same video, you can hear "Fire!" implying that a British soldier gave the order, which is entirely wrong. Most accounts can show that the massacre was a mess - no one gave a specific order, people were provoked, and the next thing you knew, shots were going off rampantly. The Bitish soldiers did not formally organize an attack on the citizens - they didn't even want one.

These are small things, but important details. I'm crossing my fingers that Ubi gets the history right and doesn't pay attention to the American myths of the revolution.

ACfan443
09-22-2012, 03:45 PM
So is this when the leaking begins?

rileypoole1234
09-22-2012, 04:02 PM
So is this when the leaking begins?

This was in the latest "Inside Assassin's Creed" episode.

tarrero
09-22-2012, 04:46 PM
And check this regarding Revere´s ride through Boston

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lanterns were hung for just under a minute to avoid catching the eyes of the British troops occupying Boston, but this was long enough for the message to be received in Charlestown. The militia waiting across the river had been told to look for the signal lanterns, and were prepared to act as soon as they saw them.

The meaning of two lanterns has been memorized by countless American schoolchildren.
One if by land, and two if by sea is from Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Wadsworth_Longfellow)'s poem, "Paul Revere's Ride (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Revere's_Ride_(poem))". One lantern was to notify Charlestown that the British Army would march over Boston Neck (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Neck) and the Great Bridge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Bridge_(Cambridge)), and two were to notify them that the troops were taking boats across the Charles River to land near Phips farm. After receiving the signal, the Charlestown Patriots sent out a rider to Lexington, but this rider did not reach his destination and his identity has disappeared from history. He was the one who might have been captured by a British patrol.

HIS IDENTITY HAS DISSAPEARED FROM HISTORY:confused: Connor maybe??????

ACfan443
09-22-2012, 05:45 PM
This was in the latest "Inside Assassin's Creed" episode.

Oh yeah, but I meant all the details about how we're going to carry out the mission, as listed above.

Locopells
09-22-2012, 06:11 PM
This is actually concerning me. In the "Inside AC3" video, episode 4, they bring up the Boston Massacre and the Boston Tea Party. While not everyone wore the disguise, a lot did, and that's important.

Also, during the Boston Massacre scene in the same video, you can hear "Fire!" implying that a British soldier gave the order, which is entirely wrong. Most accounts can show that the massacre was a mess - no one gave a specific order, people were provoked, and the next thing you knew, shots were going off rampantly. The Bitish soldiers did not formally organize an attack on the citizens - they didn't even want one.

These are small things, but important details. I'm crossing my fingers that Ubi gets the history right and doesn't pay attention to the American myths of the revolution.

Ditto.

I've been saying on the other thread about the Tea Party that, if Connor's involved, it must be part of a larger assassination plot. Any ideas?

tarrero
09-22-2012, 06:17 PM
An important merchant may be?

Locopells
09-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Probably.

kudos17
09-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Ditto.

I've been saying on the other thread about the Tea Party that, if Connor's involved, it must be part of a larger assassination plot. Any ideas?

No clue. Nothing's recorded about anyone dying during the Boston Tea Party, so if someone does, it won't be a significant figure. I'm wondering if it's more of a ploy for the Assassin's to rile up the people and get them on their side.

Or maybe it's part of a larger thing. Like the Tea Party is only step one to luring out a Templar later on.

Locopells
09-22-2012, 06:35 PM
The latter I imagine.

Farlander1991
09-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Regarding some inconsistencies, I know we know Ubisoft tries to stay as historically accurate as possible, but let's not forget the conversation at 3:50. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2nmGs3NUFo&amp;t=3m50s

Potato54321
09-22-2012, 06:47 PM

Thank you for this, I agree entirely. It's one thing to show redcoats being killed, but way worse, IMO, to wrongly show historical events to turn you against the British.

DAFOC
09-22-2012, 07:03 PM

Most Americans know that the "Massacre" was mass confusion by worried Redcoats. Hell in US HS History Books that fact is mentions ALONG with the fact that John Adams defended the British Soldiers in court.

kudos17
09-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Most Americans know that the "Massacre" was mass confusion by worried Redcoats. Hell in US HS History Books that fact is mentions ALONG with the fact that John Adams defended the British Soldiers in court.

I don't know if we're talking about the same Americans here. The average American likes to believe that the Redcoats were bad, bad, bad - when they weren't, not always. I see a lot of people mistakenly believe that the Boston Massacre was on the fault of the British. The big ol' myth is that they saw a rioting crowd, put their arms up in unison, and fired. That's a myth that's so far from the truth, that I cringe every time.

Hell, just look at the most common image of the event:

http://www.bgmod.com/resources/history/boston_mas.jpg

Yeah, depiction of that event has always been biased. I don't think Ubi will show it that way, but the 4th "Inside AC3" video has me a bit worried.

Locopells
09-22-2012, 07:38 PM
Me too, but the whole series was a little like that, so I'd wait until we see the entire event.

Potato54321
09-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Indeed. The more stuff Ubisoft releases about the game, the more I'm worried about bias.

Luckily for me, I'll happily enjoy the game as long as I get a large area to run around and interesting game mechanics, but I'll be very disappointed if the game just screams "'MERICA! **** YEAH!" every 10 seconds.

Before Ubisoft was saying that all the story events would be shown unbiasedly and it was the marketing that was presenting it that way to appeal to an American audience, but getting something as important as the Boston Massacre wrong in favor of the Colonial Newspapers at the time that existed to rile up the colonists isn't just a marketing problem. That's a problem with the devs being biased.

Locopells
09-22-2012, 07:40 PM
That picture was propaganda at the time as well, it just became famous which is why a lot of people think that's how it was.

Sabastian_AC
09-22-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm not at all surprised that most of the people in that screenshot are not dressed as Mohawk Indians. Only a few men out of the large mob that went down to the dock were actually wearing costumes.

ACfan443
09-22-2012, 11:30 PM
I don't think the 'inside' series should be taken too seriously as a reference for historical accuracies in AC3, it was a little obvious that Ubi marketing made those episodes slightly 'pro-American' - especially with those irritating "experts" *cough*sonsofamericanrevolution*cough*

Potato54321
09-22-2012, 11:36 PM
Obviously the experts should be taken with a grain of salt, but if pure gameplay gets something wrong, it's quite alarming.

Assassin_M
09-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Obviously the experts should be taken with a grain of salt, but if pure gameplay gets something wrong, it's quite alarming.
We`ll worry about that when we actually play the game.

Potato54321
09-22-2012, 11:40 PM
The game is gold, I doubt they'd change that historical inaccuracy in the next month.

This won't ruin the game for me, but it's definitely disappointing. Hopefully it's the only inaccuracy.

Assassin_M
09-22-2012, 11:44 PM
The game is gold, I doubt they'd change that historical inaccuracy in the next month.

This won't ruin the game for me, but it's definitely disappointing. Hopefully it's the only inaccuracy.
Oh wow you played the mission already ?

kudos17
09-22-2012, 11:46 PM

I'm hoping it's a natural bias. Like, resisting the British and embracing American values is one thing - the British as a whole did indeed oppress the freedom of the colonies, so I expect the Assassins to do something about that.

But if I start seeing The Patriot in my Assassin's Creed, I'm gonna be incredibly disappointed. Especially if they get small things wrong along the way.

And I swear, if I hear "The British are coming! The British are coming!" on Paul Revere's ride, I'm probably gonna have a fit.

Potato54321
09-22-2012, 11:51 PM
Oh wow you played the mission already ?

Possibly we are referring to different things. I was referring to the video showing a British troop yelling "FIRE!" at the Boston Massacre, which is absolutely not how it happened (Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MfgoMqdfhZ0#t=50s) and was made up later to rile people against the British. John Adams even defended the British soldiers who shot.

They'd have to re-script the whole scene should they want to change it to how it actually happened, and I doubt they could do that in a month.

As I said before, this won't ruin the game for me, but it's a little disappointing that Ubisoft is going off of the American Anti-British Propaganda instead of what actually happened.

But if I start seeing The Patriot in my Assassin's Creed, I'm gonna be incredibly disappointed. Especially if they get small things wrong along the way.

And I swear, if I hear "The British are coming! The British are coming!" on Paul Revere's ride, I'm probably gonna have a fit.

My feelings exactly. I'll be elated if Ubi manages to accurately portray everything and show the atrocities on both sides. This game would be great if they show why neither side is wrong (and off course the Templars pulling strings on both sides), but if they make the whole story a game about Conner fighting for freedom for the colonists against the evil dirty oppressive British the story will be effectively dead to me.

tarrero
09-22-2012, 11:54 PM
I wonder if this "oh no ubisoft is biased blah blah blah" uproar would have occurred if French Revolution was chosen as a setting.....

Assassin_M
09-22-2012, 11:57 PM
Possibly we are referring to different things. I was referring to the video showing a British troop yelling "FIRE!" at the Boston Massacre, which is absolutely not how it happened (Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MfgoMqdfhZ0#t=50s) and was made up later to rile people against the British. John Adams even defended the British soldiers who shot.

They'd have to re-script the whole scene should they want to change it to how it actually happened, and I doubt they could do that in a month.

As I said before, this won't ruin the game for me, but it's a little disappointing that Ubisoft is going off of the American Anti-British Propaganda instead of what actually happened.
I know what you are referring to, but Like someone else said, you shouldn't take what you see in any Promotional Media as a final Version, because it may just be audio over that particular scene and that may not be how it happens in the game.

It happened numerous times before in Trailers and other promotional media of past games, we see some scene in a trailer, but it ends up being completely different in the final game.

Honestly, I dont think they`d do that, I mean Hell, anyone who just searches Boston Tea Party on Wiki will know what exactly happened..

DAFOC
09-22-2012, 11:57 PM
I don't know if we're talking about the same Americans here. The average American likes to believe that the Redcoats were bad, bad, bad - when they weren't, not always. I see a lot of people mistakenly believe that the Boston Massacre was on the fault of the British. The big ol' myth is that they saw a rioting crowd, put their arms up in unison, and fired. That's a myth that's so far from the truth, that I cringe every time.

Hell, just look at the most common image of the event:

Yeah, depiction of that event has always been biased. I don't think Ubi will show it that way, but the 4th "Inside AC3" video has me a bit worried.

Most documentaries and history books say that it was chaos and the British panickings. If you are talking about the steryotypical Americans that think canada is another state and Europe is one country then yes they probably believe the Redcoats were 18th Cen Nazis. However most Americans with any historical knowledge (that I know non-Americans like to think is a minority) know that the Boston Massacre was a terrible tragedy. Also that picture is just the most well know and used. The most commonly known picture of the Battle of Trenton is "Washington Crossing the Delaware", he was not standing up in the Canoe in that weather sorry.

I agree with you though, The Patriot was freaken insane. It made the British the Waffen-SS

Potato54321
09-23-2012, 12:01 AM
I wonder if this "oh no ubisoft is biased blah blah blah" uproar would have occurred if French Revolution was chosen as a setting.....

Absolutely. If Ubisoft made it seem that the Revolutionaries were an unruly mob who had absolutely no justification for revolting or that the Aristocrats were evil capitalists who did absolutely nothing good for France and that the Revolutionaries did no wrong I'd be just as disappointed.

I know what you are referring to, but Like someone else said, you shouldn't take what you see in any Promotional Media as a final Version, because it may just be audio over that particular scene and that may not be how it happens in the game.

It happened numerous times before in Trailers and other promotional media of past games, we see some scene in a trailer, but it ends up being completely different in the final game.

Honestly, I dont think they`d do that, I mean Hell, anyone who just searches Boston Tea Party on Wiki will know what exactly happened..

I really, really, really hope you're right and that that video plus all the propaganda videos were just pandering to 'Mericans.

nitres15
09-23-2012, 12:06 AM

Corey May actually said something about that in an interview with gameinformer and talked about how inaccurate it was

kudos17
09-23-2012, 12:11 AM
Corey May actually said something about that in an interview with gameinformer and talked about how inaccurate it was

Ah, good, then.

Believe it or not, that misconception being in the game was one of my biggest fears. :p I know Ubi does their homework, but still... Yell loud enough, and what you say is eventually true...

Sabastian_AC
09-23-2012, 12:18 AM

This. They talked about the 30-second Wikipedia rule in a number of interviews, and as result I'd be really surprised to see any really blatant inaccuracies. In fact, I'm very much looking forward to seeing how a lot of these events actually happened and contrasting that with the popular account.

Potato54321
09-23-2012, 12:20 AM
Now I'm really confused. If they were being so careful, how did such an obvious flaw like them yelling "FIRE!" at the Boston Massacre happen?

That's a pretty major thing to get wrong, in the grand scheme of things.

Hopefully Assassin_M is right and that is not what it will be in the final product.

nitres15
09-23-2012, 12:21 AM
Ah, good, then.

Believe it or not, that misconception being in the game was one of my biggest fears. :p I know Ubi does their homework, but still... Yell loud enough, and what you say is eventually true...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmBXkWyLRXo&feature=relmfu
there you go budd

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 12:22 AM
Now I'm really confused. If they were being so careful, how did such an obvious flaw like them yelling "FIRE!" at the Boston Massacre happen?

Hopefully Assassin_M is right and that is not what it will be in the final product.
"Im Always Right" -Shaun

Potato54321
09-23-2012, 12:24 AM
"Im Always Right" -Shaun

I'll hold you to this :P

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 12:26 AM
I'll hold you to this :P

Put it in your sig so that you`d remember xP

MT4K
09-23-2012, 12:27 AM
"Im Always Right" -Shaun

Except that it would be "I'm" with an apostrophe because it is meant to mean "I am". So you got that wrong :p.

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 12:29 AM
Except that it would be "I'm" with an apostrophe because it is meant to mean "I am". So you got that wrong :p.
"English is not his first Language" -Shade..

If Connor does not get corrected.. HA !!

MT4K
09-23-2012, 12:29 AM
"English is not his first Language" -Shade..

If Connor does not get corrected.. HA !!

lol. Touché

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 12:31 AM
lol. Touché
:p

MAGIC MAN !!

Sabastian_AC
09-23-2012, 12:33 AM

Actually a number of the colonists at the Boston Massacre taunted the soldiers by yelling "Fire!" at them.

Potato54321
09-23-2012, 12:37 AM
Yeah, they were goading the soldiers on. The way the scene is presented, though, it makes it seem that the order came from the soldiers.

Ashen-AngelFox
09-23-2012, 12:53 AM

Yeah, they were goading the soldiers on. The way the scene is presented, though, it makes it seem that the order came from the soldiers.

I didn't want to get into the middle of this, but something needs to be cleared up.

Short Version:
If the gameplay from the Inside AC series is the final version, they're depicting the Boston Massacre correctly. One of the Redcoats apparently says, "Fire" and this is correct. As has been noted, no order to fire was given, that much is true. But the soldier that cries out appears to be a regular soldier of the line, not an officer. And history books show that one of the soldiers yelled, "Fire" after being struck. Therefore, no order to fire, the scene is not incorrect as shown.

Long Version:
Citing Hiller Zobel in his book "The Boston Massacre", the whole thing began as more or less a shouting match between British sentry Pvt. Hugh White and wig-maker apprentice Edward Garrick on the night of March 5, 1770. White struck Garrick, whose companion started an argument with the soldier. A crowd formed and eventually seven more soldier were sent to backup White. Corporal William Wemms and Privates Hugh Montgomery, John Carroll, William McCauley, William Warren, James Hartegan and Matthew Kilroy. Their superior, Captain Thomas Preston was also present. The soldiers took up positions with loaded muskets ready, but Cpt. Preston assured all present that they wouldn't fire without his express order. His deposition at the subsequent trial shows that he felt that he was unlikely to give such an order, being between his men and the gathered Bostonians.

The Bostonians were taunting the soldiers with the apparent intention of inciting the soldiers to fire. They began to throw snowballs and small objects at the soldiers. One of those objects struck Private Montgomery. He fell and dropped his musket. Taking it up, he stood and declared, "**** you, fire!" And then he did so. The book and a report on the trial indicates that there was a pause of some length between when Montgomery fired into the crowd and when the other soldiers did so. As Preston gave no order, the soldiers didn't fire in an organized manner. They killed 5; 3 at the scene with 2 more dying of wounds sustained later on.

John Adams defended them at trial, as has been noted. All but two were acquitted. The two that weren't, were found guilty of manslaughter, but only had their thumbs branded as punishment.

Sources:
"The Boston Massacre", Zobel, Hiller B. Published 1970, W.W. Norton & Company, pp 194-200
"The American Pagent", Bailey, Thomas; Cohen, Lizabeth; Kennedy, David Published 2006, 13th Edition, Cengage Learning, pg 130

maxerx180
09-23-2012, 12:55 AM
Maybe it really was a massacre but the templars covered it up so that it looked like only 5 people died. It wouldn't be the first time they had there hands in history like how the erased the Auditore's from history. That would explain why America called it a massacre.

Potato54321
09-23-2012, 12:55 AM
snip

The video:

"FIRE!"

*synchronized gunshots*

Doesn't sound much like what you described, imo.

EDIT: We'll have to wait for the game to come out and see. It could go both ways.

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 12:59 AM
Maybe it really was a massacre but the templars covered it up so that it looked like only 5 people died. It wouldn't be the first time they had there hands in history like how the erased the Auditore's from history. That would explain why America called it a massacre.
Nah.. Its an Exaggeration.. History is written by the Victor, in this case the Colonists, Who make up the USA today, Of course they`re gonna make it sound more Hideous..

Ashen-AngelFox
09-23-2012, 01:05 AM
We can chalk that up to what M was saying about audio being presented with the video that does not reflect the final scene in the game. I didn't say Ubi didn't change something, but a British soldier did say, "Fire!", so calling that an inaccuracy is false. That was my only intention. And I listened to the scene very carefully and I only heard two bangs. Those two bangs could be from one weapon. One bang from the gunpowder in the flash-pan discharging and then the combustion of the powder behind the musket ball. But again, I didn't say they didn't change something. But Pvt. Montgomery did say, "Fire!" and then fired. Therefore that part is correct.

Potato54321
09-23-2012, 01:07 AM
Thanks! I hope you're right. I really don't want a reason to bash the game...

Ashen-AngelFox
09-23-2012, 01:15 AM
Then I'm glad I could help. I hope I'm right, as well just so I don't have to live all this down later on.

Locopells
09-23-2012, 01:29 AM

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-EAuK244tbhbJmm/duck_soup_1933_parody_of_paul_revere/

http://www.anyclip.com/movies/duck-soup/EAuK244m7htmb/
(http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-EAuK244tbhbJmm/duck_soup_1933_parody_of_paul_revere/)

Legendz54
09-23-2012, 01:36 AM

The british officer actually had his gun down BEFORE he said "Fire" implying that someone could have shot first and the guard was reacting to that shot, If the British fired first they would have had their guns aimed up.

maxerx180
09-23-2012, 01:44 AM
Thanks! I hope you're right. I really don't want a reason to bash the game...

You would bash the game over that?

Locopells
09-23-2012, 01:44 AM

http://www.anyclip.com/movies/duck-soup/EAuK244m7htmb/
(http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-EAuK244tbhbJmm/duck_soup_1933_parody_of_paul_revere/)

Potato54321
09-23-2012, 01:58 AM
You would bash the game over that?

If they got the Boston Massacre wrong after saying that they were striving for historical accuracy and no bias? Yes.

tarrero
09-23-2012, 02:33 AM
If they got the Boston Massacre wrong after saying that they were striving for historical accuracy and no bias? Yes.

Assassins Creed is a work of fiction based on historical events.....

kudos17
09-23-2012, 03:38 AM
Assassins Creed is a work of fiction based on historical events.....

It's different. Saying that the real reason the Boston Massacre happened was because of Assassins or Templars is historical fiction. Saying the Boston Massacre happened because an officer gave an explicit order to fire, which resulted in organized shots into a crowd, is historical inaccuracy.

The reasoning behind events is what should be fiction, like it has in any AC game. The actual depiction of the events should not change too much, to keep that sense of grounded reality.

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 03:41 AM
This will never end..

NOLA_Assassin
09-23-2012, 03:47 AM
This will never end..

Yeah it will, on October 30.

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 03:48 AM
Yeah it will, on October 30.
Beginning to doubt that too..

roostersrule2
09-23-2012, 03:50 AM
Yeah it will, on October 30.Actually that's when it will start up again.

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 03:57 AM
actually that's when it will start up again.
this !!

Potato54321
09-23-2012, 03:57 AM
Yep. Then we can all argue over the actual game!

It's okay though, if we don't argue we'll just sunk into crippling depression as we realize that there is still 912 hours until AC3 comes out.

roostersrule2
09-23-2012, 04:00 AM

It's okay though, if we don't argue we'll just sunk into crippling depression as we realize that there is still 912 hours until AC3 comes out.Can't we just say a bit over a month and not 912hrs, it makes it sound so long.

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 04:02 AM
i

It's okay though, if we don't argue we'll just sunk into crippling depression as we realize that there is still 912 hours until AC3 comes out.
HEART ATTACK !!!

NOLA_Assassin
09-23-2012, 04:15 AM
At least it's not coming out in November...

roostersrule2
09-23-2012, 04:18 AM
At least it's not coming out in November...I would prepare for a long lecture from a PC player.

kriegerdesgottes
09-23-2012, 04:24 AM
I would prepare for a long lecture from a PC player.

haha true.

tarrero
09-23-2012, 04:26 AM
It's different. Saying that the real reason the Boston Massacre happened was because of Assassins or Templars is historical fiction. Saying the Boston Massacre happened because an officer gave an explicit order to fire, which resulted in organized shots into a crowd, is historical inaccuracy.

The reasoning behind events is what should be fiction, like it has in any AC game. The actual depiction of the events should not change too much, to keep that sense of grounded reality.

In real life William of Montferrat was not killed by the assassins, in fact died of old age just like Manuel Palialogos, Garnier de Naplouse who by the way did not die in Acre but on another city, and Juan Borgia the Elder who also was living in Constantinople at the time of "ACB". Monteriggioni was not invaded by papal forces......And such things that changed "too much" as you said, go on and on........

Again!!!! A work of FICTION BASED on historical events......

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 04:32 AM
In real life William of Montferrat was not killed by the assassins, in fact died of old age just like Manuel Palialogos, Garnier de Naplouse who by the way did not die in Acre but on another city, and Juan Borgia the elder who bu the way was living in Constantinople at the time of "ACB". Monteriggioni was not invaded by papal forces......And such things that changed "too much" as you said, go on and on........

You should know by now that this isn't about Historical accuracy..

Its about America... He`s scared of the Bias, He just added "Historical Accuracy" as a Mediator..

Potato54321
09-23-2012, 04:34 AM

As a PC player, I died a little inside.

In real life William of Montferrat was not killed by the assassins, in fact died of old age just like Manuel Palialogos. Garnier de Naplouse did not die in Acre, Monteriggioni was not invaded by papal forces, Juan Borgia the elder was living in Constantinople at the time of "ACB"......And such things that changed" too much" as you said, go on and on........

People dying of old age instead of dying from an Assassin is not much of a big deal. Monteriggioni's invasion took place when Italy's borders were changing so much rapidly that history can be fudged. Juan Borgia the Elder being gone didn't spark a revolution.

The things you are mentioning didn't have nearly as big of an impact on the history of the world as the Boston Massacre, nor was there any contention over the truth.

In real life, there were lies told about the Boston Massacre to rile people against the British, even though that is not what happened. It's one thing to fudge a small detail over, but way worse to wrongly portray one of the main causes of the central conflict in the game (the American Revolution).

tarrero
09-23-2012, 04:40 AM
You should know by now that this isn't about Historical accuracy..

Its about America... He`s scared of the Bias, He just added "Historical Accuracy" as a Mediator..

I know, I know....... It is just that this whole thing is getting old. And yet, some of them forget that Franklin Roosevelt was made a templar allied with Hitler, Stalin and Churchill to create a New World Order (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/New_World_Order).

Edit answer to potato....

For crying out loud!!!!!!! A soldier ordering to open fire (not confirmed but ASSUMED BY YOU) is a "big deal" but change the date of an invasion 55 years and your make your target living miles away is "no big deal".... Just to name a few.

Come on.....

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 04:45 AM
I know, I know....... It is just that this whole thing is getting old. And yet, some of them forget that Franklin Roosevelt was made a templar allied with Hitler, Stalin and Churchill to create a New World Order (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/New_World_Order).
No matter what you remind them of, they will try to validate their Argument that a Canadian/European Company is US-Biased (Glyphs that showed MANY US figures as Antagonistic Characters)

No one said anything about "Accuracy" when the entire Byzantine Crown and Lineage was Portrayed as Villains..

SteelCity999
09-23-2012, 04:47 AM
They have said in the past that the closer you get to present day, the less they have room to fudge things. If there are widely accessible documents, meaning journals and articles, of people who witnessed things, than I would assume they will stay true to the history. That doesn't mean they can't change minor things that are not listed in those documents though.

Not to mention, history is written by the victor and may not be entirely accurate. Just ask Vidic.

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 04:50 AM
For crying out loud!!!!!!! A soldier ordering to open fire (no confirmed but ASSUMED BY YOU) is a "big deal" but change the year of an invasion 55 years and your target living miles away from he was depicted to is ok....

Come on.....
Of course its a big deal...Are you mad ? how dare they ? Show a British Soldier saying "fire" ? Show a Half Brit killing British Soldiers ? Thus making Americans look nice ? That is a crime Punishable by death

Potato54321
09-23-2012, 04:52 AM
I'll happily massacre as many British as I can so long as I can also massacre Americans.

If the Devs hold up to what they've been saying, I'll be happy.

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 04:53 AM
I'll happily massacre as many British as I can so long as I can also massacre Americans.

If the Devs hold up to what they've been saying, I'll be happy.
If you kill Americans you get Desyncnorized..

NOLA_Assassin
09-23-2012, 04:53 AM
I would prepare for a long lecture from a PC player.

:/ I forgot

InfamousQ1987
09-23-2012, 04:58 AM
Vidik told Desmond from the beginning that the history we were taught is not 100% accurate. So who knows what "actually happened"(in the AC universe) besides the ancestor (Connor), who's memories are being relived by Desmond in 2012 (again in AC universe)... It's a game and I am happy as long as I'm enjoying the "Experience"... We all know the history we were taught...if there is something a little inaccurate, take it with a grain of salt.
How big of a grain is your choice ;P

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 05:01 AM
Vidik told Desmond from the beginning that the history we were taught is not 100% accurate. So who knows what "actually happened"(in the AC universe) besides the ancestor (Connor), who's memories are being relived by Desmond in 2012 (again in AC universe)... It's a game and I am happy as long as I'm enjoying the "Experience"... We all know the history we were taught...if there is something a little inaccurate, take it with a grain of salt.
How big of a grain is your choice ;P
Been doing this whole "Game not Biased" thing since E3... Said all things, tried all things..

No one will listen.. No one likes to listen.. Lucky for me, though.. I`ll enjoy every bit of detail in the game..

ITS A GAME THAT SAYS THAT JESUS WAS A NORMAL MAN WITH ILLUSIONS FOR **** SAKE !!!!

Potato54321
09-23-2012, 05:02 AM
If you kill Americans you get Desyncnorized..

Nice try.

tarrero
09-23-2012, 05:09 AM
I will quote the good Yusuf in regards of Janissaries and otoman soldiers in general: "They will kill you if you look at them wrong" I am pretty sure it will work the same with Blue coats and Red coats.......

NOLA_Assassin
09-23-2012, 05:10 AM
Been doing this whole "Game not Biased" thing since E3... Said all things, tried all things..

No one will listen.. No one likes to listen.. Lucky for me, though.. I`ll enjoy every bit of detail in the game..

ITS A GAME THAT SAYS THAT JESUS WAS A NORMAL MAN WITH ILLUSIONS FOR **** SAKE !!!!

This^^ This series has already crapped on all forms of organized religion. Why would that change in the American Revolution?

InfamousQ1987
09-23-2012, 05:14 AM
I know man, I've been a reader on the forums for a bit... I hear/read what you preach.
I was totally surprised when ubisoft went well "Adam & Eve" on us. My girlfriends mom didn't really like the fact I played a game that took place during the crusades, so she really didn't like hearing me talk about Twcb+ Adam & Eve.
I really hope that Ubisoft does NOT forget about Adam & Eve. Mainly EVE!!!

DAFOC
09-23-2012, 05:55 AM

Say that all of Christianity is a sham: People (even devout Christians like me) understand its a freaken game and read the first paragraph in the game.
Have the Americans appear to be good guys: OMG a NON-US company is obviously biased and trying to make us hate Britain!!!!!!!!!!!! FFS

Potato54321
09-23-2012, 05:58 AM
What? That's not the concern.

I'm not worried about "being made to hate Britain", I'm only worried that the controversial subject is approached in a way that makes to to clear cut (ie America good, Britain bad).

Potato54321
09-23-2012, 06:14 AM
Yeah, Britain weren't the good guys, but neither were the Americans. I think it would be great if that whole concept gets explored. An extremely pro American bias would get boring really quickly, if I want to hear about how awesomely badass and infallible the founding fathers were I'd go read fox news.

tarrero
09-23-2012, 06:18 AM
I am sure ubisoft will handle this........... I hope haha

maxerx180
09-23-2012, 06:41 AM
Yeah, Britain weren't the good guys, but neither were the Americans. I think it would be great if that whole concept gets explored. An extremely pro American bias would get boring really quickly, if I want to hear about how awesomely badass and infallible the founding fathers were I'd go read fox news.

Fox news, really?

Potato54321
09-23-2012, 06:45 AM
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1842312827001/what-would-our-founding-fathers-do/

Yes.

This worship of the founders is exactly what I don't want to see.

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 07:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5KrGlnBVkE

ACfan443
09-23-2012, 10:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5KrGlnBVkE

I LOVED that show as a kid. Still do to be honest :P

Locopells
09-23-2012, 12:06 PM
No matter what you remind them of, they will try to validate their Argument that a Canadian/European Company is US-Biased (Glyphs that showed MANY US figures as Antagonistic Characters)

No one said anything about "Accuracy" when the entire Byzantine Crown and Lineage was Portrayed as Villains..

Yeah, we get that you think the whole thing is anti-US bulls**t. Moving on.

It wasn't the whole Byzantine Crown and Lineage, just the Templars using Manuel Palaiologos' issues to further their own aims - much like they should be in AC3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlkoZXAKlRU&amp;feature=plcp

NOLA_Assassin
09-23-2012, 01:26 PM
I forgot!

Locopells
09-23-2012, 02:53 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5cFpqg__9M&feature=youtu.be

maxerx180
09-23-2012, 07:29 PM
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1842312827001/what-would-our-founding-fathers-do/

Yes.

This worship of the founders is exactly what I don't want to see.

My mistake I read it wrong, I thought you were saying that you liked fox news.

rileypoole1234
09-23-2012, 10:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5cFpqg__9M&feature=youtu.be

The accuracy is blinding.

Locopells
09-24-2012, 12:39 AM
I think that's kinda the point...

xXRyzonXx
09-24-2012, 12:46 AM
This thread has suddenly become the unofficial post random video day... :confused:

Locopells
09-24-2012, 12:47 AM
Well mine was related...sorta.

xXRyzonXx
09-24-2012, 12:49 AM
Well mine was related...sorta.

It was pretty funny.

Locopells
09-24-2012, 12:51 AM
Name the movie, and you get a cookie.

Then we really oughta get back on topic...

xXRyzonXx
09-24-2012, 12:55 AM
Name the movie, and you get a cookie.

Then we must get back on topic...

If only I knew.

Locopells
09-24-2012, 12:57 AM
Then I throw the challenge open to anyone who cares...

Ashen-AngelFox
09-24-2012, 01:21 AM
Then I throw the challenge open to anyone who cares...

Duck Soup, the Marx Brothers, 1933.

Potato54321
09-24-2012, 02:00 AM
Congratulations everyone! This thread has gone completely off topic TWICE :D

Locopells
09-24-2012, 09:33 AM
Duck Soup, The Marx Brothers, 1933.

OK, cookies for everyone!

Now back to the Tea Party...

roostersrule2
09-24-2012, 10:11 AM
OK, cookies for everyone!

Now back to the Tea Party...Cookies and a Tea Party were so lucky.:D

Assassin_M
09-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Curse you all..

Locopells
09-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Eh?

Assassin_M
09-24-2012, 10:42 AM
Eh?
I'm saying Random stuff.. What`s the problem ? There is Tea, Cookies and all sorts of Bullocks, so i thought I should poke the wiggy..

MT4K
09-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Ahem....

Locopells
09-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Ah.

Anyway...

Boston Tea Party | Mission Details

_ The Redcoats are busy with a disturbance outside the docks caused by a multitude encouraged to rebel.
Elsewhere Kenway Connor infiltrates these same docks to start an event that changed the course of the American Revolution , commonly known as the Boston Tea Motin .
Complying with the first part of the plan passes - along with a couple of soldiers - in the ship that carries this popular brew English , consequently proceeds to throw on the shores of Boston Harbor.

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w374/IenAxes/BostonTeaPartyXVIII_zpsb841c80d.jpg

But just before completing his mission is interrupted by the guard and begins a confrontation that unleashed chaos in the already busy port.

*All of this from AC Chile

<

Assassin_M
09-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Ahem....
MAGIC MAN !!

*Runs Away while yelling* "I`LL BE BACK"

Locopells
09-24-2012, 01:21 PM
How'd you get your post above mine?! It wasn't earlier...

Legendz54
09-24-2012, 01:48 PM
How'd you get your post above mine?! It wasn't earlier...

http://youtu.be/t7e0777z7AY

Locopells
09-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Hah!

And with that, the thread dies...

NOLA_Assassin
09-24-2012, 02:36 PM
I told you so, I knew Connor'd be apart of Tea Party, I wonder if I was also right about this being a stab at the East India Trading Company.

kudos17
09-24-2012, 02:40 PM
I told you so, I knew Connor'd be apart of Tea Party, I wonder if I was also right about this being a stab at the East India Trading Company.

Um... what? Of course you're right, that's what the Boston Tea Party was all about...