PDA

View Full Version : Community Developers - What do they do?

pacmanate
09-22-2012, 11:13 AM
This is a serious question. I was doing that forum survey at the top of the page and it mentioned the level of community dev and community interactions. There is hardly any on these forums? Is it just me or do we not even see any community developers on here...?

Talking about AC community developers not com devs in general.

dewgel
09-22-2012, 01:35 PM
This is a serious question. I was doing that forum survey at the top of the page and it mentioned the level of community dev and community interactions. There is hardly any on these forums? Is it just me or do we not even see any community developers on here...?

Talking about AC community developers not com devs in general.

I'm with you. They're never on here. Yes, they say they read what is here but it doesn't feel that way. Perhaps the occasional sticky thread from them wouldn't go a miss? Like on the Skyrim / Bethesda forums, Pete Hines puts posts up on there, or on the Call of Duty forums, David Vonderhaar puts his stuff up (and previously Robert Bowling / Josh Olin)

It would be nice to see Gabe or Alex H pop in once in a while. Although, Alex I can understand.. I'd rather he's working hard on the game than just sitting around chatting to us (and the media), but Gabe should be more prominent here. (Even though he runs the Assassin's Creed facebook and twitter pages..)

Speaking of Gabe, why has he had such a small appearance this year? I've never seen him in any dev videos. Just the PAX one and a Tomahawk Cosplay one. Is he on something else now?

Ielgon
09-22-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm with you. They're never on here. Yes, they say they read what is here but it doesn't feel that way. Perhaps the occasional sticky thread from them wouldn't go a miss? Like on the Skyrim / Bethesda forums, Pete Hines puts posts up on there, or on the Call of Duty forums, David Vonderhaar puts his stuff up (and previously Robert Bowling / Josh Olin)

It would be nice to see Gabe or Alex H pop in once in a while. Although, Alex I can understand.. I'd rather he's working hard on the game than just sitting around chatting to us (and the media), but Gabe should be more prominent here. (Even though he runs the Assassin's Creed facebook and twitter pages..)

Speaking of Gabe, why has he had such a small appearance this year? I've never seen him in any dev videos. Just the PAX one and a Tomahawk Cosplay one. Is he on something else now?

Gabe posted a while ago in one thread (only like 7 posts though) but that's all we've seen of him I think. Maybe he's too busy playing AC3? :P

FrankieSatt
09-22-2012, 01:45 PM
The Community Developers are the go-between for us and the developers of the game. In a perfect world we make suggestions and complaints and praises and all these things gets relayed to the developers of the game by the Community Developer.

In any case, some forums are better than others in regards to the Community Developer. The Community Developer for Splinter Cell Blacklist, UbiZack, seems to be more active than the ones here on the Assassin's Creed forum.

The survey was in regards to the forums as a whole, not individual forums. I still put in the remarks that I think the Developers themselves should take a few minutes out of their day to read and respond to some of the posts.

dewgel
09-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Gabe posted a while ago in one thread (only like 7 posts though) but that's all we've seen of him I think. Maybe he's too busyplaying AC3? :P

Like I said, I'd rather he's doing something on the game (either working or playtesting it) than sitting here talking to us.

MT4K
09-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Some comdevs post regular updates and things. The Splinter Cell Blacklist comdev is active a decent amount :).

pacmanate
09-22-2012, 01:51 PM
The Community Developers are the go-between for us and the developers of the game. In a perfect world we make suggestions and complaints and praises and all these things gets relayed to the developers of the game by the Community Developer.

The survey was in regards to the forums as a whole, not individual forums. I still put in the remarks that I think the Developers themselves should take a few minutes out of their day to read and respond to some of the posts.

I know what community developers do, but they don't go between the developers and us. They don't even show up.
I know the survey was the forums as a whole, but I don't go on every Ubisoft game forum, only the AC one, and it lacks every year. Makes me wonder what they get paid for.

freddie_1897
09-22-2012, 01:53 PM
i can understand how busy they are, but it would be nice to have someone who was actually helping to develop the game post every once in a while

pacmanate
09-22-2012, 01:54 PM
i can understand how busy they are, but it would be nice to have someone who was actually helping to develop the game post every once in a while

This is exactly my point, its almost like "community developer" is now just a name title with no meaning.

FrankieSatt
09-22-2012, 01:59 PM
I know what community developers do, but they don't go between the developers and us. They don't even show up.
I know the survey was the forums as a whole, but I don't go on every Ubisoft game forum, only the AC one, and it lacks every year. Makes me wonder what they get paid for.

Like I said, "In a Perfect World....."

Than use the Survey to voice your displeasure. I personally think it should be forum specific not the forums as a whole as some forums are better run than others.

XxSYD3WINDERxX
09-22-2012, 02:21 PM
[Inappropriate]

freddie_1897
09-22-2012, 02:23 PM
[Inappropriate].
okay woah woah woah woah woah. if he's [removed] then how does he play assassins creed 3? one handed? he's probably [removed] to the insane graphics of assassins creed 3

MT4K
09-22-2012, 02:33 PM
I suggest you guys stop talk of such things.... It is not really appropriate...

freddie_1897
09-22-2012, 02:38 PM
apologies

twenty_glyphs
09-22-2012, 06:30 PM
The community developer interaction with the community has steadily declined since the days of Brotherhood. This isn't to say that UbiGabe and UbiDii aren't doing their jobs or aren't busy, but obviously someone has decided that communicating with us is not their top priority these days. Whether that's the community developers themselves or their bosses remains to be seen. During the ramp-up to Brotherhood's release and the months following it, UbiGabe did an awesome job of answering questions about the game and providing real interaction and value with the fans. His YouTube video series was dorky but provided actual insight with answers to detailed questions that don't get revealed in standard press previews. During Revelations' marketing, the video series only answered questions that everyone who was following the game already knew the answer to. As a result, I think UbiGabe may have interpreted the lack of interest in the video series as people not being interested in them at all and decided not to do them this year. The problem is, I think people were interested in the Brotherhood videos, but the Revelations videos no longer provided value to the community because of the lack of information.

There's also the problem when it comes to bad news. When there are problems or bad news to deliver to the community, the community developers are nowhere to be found. I'm sure tons of us bombarded Gabe with our disappointment in Revelations' bugs last year, and all he could do was verify our platform and pass along our concerns to the developers. He never came back and said sorry, they weren't going to be able to fix some of the bugs that never got fixed. It took a huge multiplayer community uproar to get him posting to the forums a little more last spring, and I don't think many of the issues people had with the multiplayer were ever resolved.

Project Legacy was also handled terribly. UbiDii posted to the Project Legacy forum in spring of 2011 about all the great updates coming "soon" to that game, and even gave us a nice preview of some of the updates. That's an example of good community involvement. Unfortunately, as the months went by with no updates to the game and no news, fans continued to ask what was going on and when the updates they previewed were coming. UbiDii never said one single thing on the forums, like we are working to get thing finished or we're experiencing delays. When Project Legacy was finally abandoned last summer, they just released the story content that was already finished in the spring under the guise of an Erudito hack. That was kind of cool, but there was no official announcement about anything so many people didn't even know they could at least see the story content that was never released.

I'm not blaming UbiGabe or UbiDii for not communicating when there's bad news. I'm almost positive that's the result of their bosses telling them not to tell us the bad news and hoping it would go away. The problem is, I think a lot of people would be less frustrated and happier with their brand if they at least came out and told us the bad news. That way we just have to deal with the disappointment. Instead, we have to deal with the disappointment of the bad news as well as the frustration of not being told anything by the community developers.

Something else frustrating about their communication with AC3 is that it seems like most of the times we hear from the community developers right now it's dealing with fan art or cosplay. I understand them wanting to interact with a dedicated part of the community, but not all of the game's fans are interested in fan art or cosplay. Many of us are interested in the game itself and the story, and it just makes us feel ignored right now.

Locopells
09-22-2012, 06:32 PM

Just a suggestion, but leaving the posts like that, showing you edited them, only makes people curious as to what was in them in the first place...

To my mind, it'd be better to remove them altogether.

KH_Austin
09-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Maybe their Bosses are Templars...? :O

MT4K
09-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Just a suggestion, but leaving the posts like that, showing you edited them, only makes people curious as to what was in them in the first place...

To my mind, it'd be better to remove them altogether.

Are people really that curious about what was said when it could get them into trouble? I'd hope not :p., But suggestion noted :p.

dewgel
09-22-2012, 09:17 PM
The community developer interaction with the community has steadily declined since the days of Brotherhood. This isn't to say that UbiGabe and UbiDii aren't doing their jobs or aren't busy, but obviously someone has decided that communicating with us is not their top priority these days. Whether that's the community developers themselves or their bosses remains to be seen. During the ramp-up to Brotherhood's release and the months following it, UbiGabe did an awesome job of answering questions about the game and providing real interaction and value with the fans. His YouTube video series was dorky but provided actual insight with answers to detailed questions that don't get revealed in standard press previews. During Revelations' marketing, the video series only answered questions that everyone who was following the game already knew the answer to. As a result, I think UbiGabe may have interpreted the lack of interest in the video series as people not being interested in them at all and decided not to do them this year. The problem is, I think people were interested in the Brotherhood videos, but the Revelations videos no longer provided value to the community because of the lack of information.

There's also the problem when it comes to bad news. When there are problems or bad news to deliver to the community, the community developers are nowhere to be found. I'm sure tons of us bombarded Gabe with our disappointment in Revelations' bugs last year, and all he could do was verify our platform and pass along our concerns to the developers. He never came back and said sorry, they weren't going to be able to fix some of the bugs that never got fixed. It took a huge multiplayer community uproar to get him posting to the forums a little more last spring, and I don't think many of the issues people had with the multiplayer were ever resolved.

Project Legacy was also handled terribly. UbiDii posted to the Project Legacy forum in spring of 2011 about all the great updates coming "soon" to that game, and even gave us a nice preview of some of the updates. That's an example of good community involvement. Unfortunately, as the months went by with no updates to the game and no news, fans continued to ask what was going on and when the updates they previewed were coming. UbiDii never said one single thing on the forums, like we are working to get thing finished or we're experiencing delays. When Project Legacy was finally abandoned last summer, they just released the story content that was already finished in the spring under the guise of an Erudito hack. That was kind of cool, but there was no official announcement about anything so many people didn't even know they could at least see the story content that was never released.

I'm not blaming UbiGabe or UbiDii for not communicating when there's bad news. I'm almost positive that's the result of their bosses telling them not to tell us the bad news and hoping it would go away. The problem is, I think a lot of people would be less frustrated and happier with their brand if they at least came out and told us the bad news. That way we just have to deal with the disappointment. Instead, we have to deal with the disappointment of the bad news as well as the frustration of not being told anything by the community developers.

Something else frustrating about their communication with AC3 is that it seems like most of the times we hear from the community developers right now it's dealing with fan art or cosplay. I understand them wanting to interact with a dedicated part of the community, but not all of the game's fans are interested in fan art or cosplay. Many of us are interested in the game itself and the story, and it just makes us feel ignored right now.

This, is the type of constructive criticism they need. Really well worded post and hope that reaches the likes of Gabe and Dii.

I'm in the exact same agreement. We've seen so much from Alex Hutchinson and Alex Amancio last year, who are only Creative Directors. They're not really supposed to be the face of the game, it should be Gabe who is the face of it.

pacmanate
09-22-2012, 10:25 PM
I loved Gabes Q&A videos, part of me thinks maybe he wasn't "allowed" to do them? Think about it, all videos we have got are just Connor killing people, tree running and AI. We know NOTHING about the game.

Ielgon
09-22-2012, 10:32 PM
I loved Gabes Q&A videos, part of me thinks maybe he wasn't "allowed" to do them? Think about it, all videos we have got are just Connor killing people, tree running and AI. We know NOTHING about the game.

Good point, probably because they wanted to control what was revealed and what wasn't before release more this time. They've done a very good job so far!

Black_Widow9
09-23-2012, 01:01 AM
Just to clear something up since some of you aren't to sure. UbiDii and UbiGabe are your Community Developers and Alex Hutchinson is a Creative Director.

As far as the ComDev's go, they have a lot on their plates. They are responsible for communicating through all media channels, facilitating events, videos, etc, and assessing how the communities are reacting. This is just a small taste of what they do every day. You may not see them post as often as you would like but rest assured they are here and paying attention to your reactions good and bad.

This is part of the reason your Forum Managers are here. Yes we help moderate but that really isn't our job. We raise your concerns, questions and issues to the ComDev's and then pass on the information to you. ;)

I know you would all love to hear from them on a daily basis and I am not trying to make excuses but rather share a little insight. I will definitely pass on how you want to hear from them more. I would also encourage all of you to complete the survey that has been posted. ;)

Thanks

Potato54321
09-23-2012, 01:06 AM
I know you would all love to hear from them on a daily basis and I am not trying to make excuses but rather share a little incite.

Yes, share your anger. (sorry, couldn't help it)

Black_Widow9
09-23-2012, 01:11 AM
Yes, share your anger. (sorry, couldn't help it)
Thanks! lol. I am far from perfect. :p

Serrachio
09-23-2012, 03:07 AM
Just to clear something up since some of you aren't to sure. UbiDii and UbiGabe are your Community Developers and Alex Hutchinson is a Creative Director.

As far as the ComDev's go, they have a lot on their plates. They are responsible for communicating through all media channels, facilitating events, videos, etc, and assessing how the communities are reacting. This is just a small taste of what they do every day. You may not see them post as often as you would like but rest assured they are here and paying attention to your reactions good and bad.

This is part of the reason your Forum Managers are here. Yes we help moderate but that really isn't our job. We raise your concerns, questions and issues to the ComDev's and then pass on the information to you. ;)

I know you would all love to hear from them on a daily basis and I am not trying to make excuses but rather share a little insight. I will definitely pass on how you want to hear from them more. I would also encourage all of you to complete the survey that has been posted. ;)

Thanks

You help moderate, but that's not your job? Seriously?

No disrespect intended in the slightest, but you're a Forum Manager. I should think your job is to manage the forums, including moderation. Any sort of evaluation and referral of the community's suggestions should be second when it comes down to the grand scheme of things.

That sort of stuff should be the Community Developer's main job. I wouldn't think that they would need a lackey to do the basic role of their job description for them. Now, you say that Community Developers are "responsible for communicating through all media channels, facilitating events, videos, etc, and assessing how the communities are reacting", but what I should seriously expect them to do is spend less time talking on Facebook and Twitter and what have you to put more time and effort here, on their OFFICIAL FORUMS.

It seems they'd rather come up with small talk on social media sites than actually talk to their dedicated fans who come to Ubisoft's own forums to share their thoughts and criticisms. Oh and on a last note, Ubisoft should employ other people to handle their events. I believe the job title is "Events Managers".

SteelCity999
09-23-2012, 04:33 AM

No disrespect intended in the slightest, but you're a Forum Manager. I should think your job is to manage the forums, including moderation. Any sort of evaluation and referral of the community's suggestions should be second when it comes down to the grand scheme of things.

That sort of stuff should be the Community Developer's main job. I wouldn't think that they would need a lackey to do the basic role of their job description for them. Now, you say that Community Developers are "responsible for communicating through all media channels, facilitating events, videos, etc, and assessing how the communities are reacting", but what I should seriously expect them to do is spend less time talking on Facebook and Twitter and what have you to put more time and effort here, on their OFFICIAL FORUMS.

It seems they'd rather come up with small talk on social media sites than actually talk to their dedicated fans who come to Ubisoft's own forums to share their thoughts and criticisms. Oh and on a last note, Ubisoft should employ other people to handle their events. I believe the job title is "Events Managers".

Why do your job when you can do three or four other people's jobs.....and get paid the same. That's the attitiude these days in big conglomerates like Ubi - the dollar drives business and not what makes sense to the end consumer. Unfortunately, I think social media has ruined alot of the traditional outlets such as the forums and until Zuckerburg runs Facebook into the ground this is what we will have to put up with.

I agree with your points but the marketing cronies know they can reach more people using social media instantly than here on the forums. I'm sure if they could get the mods to clean, they'd get them on it too....:eek:

HisSpiritLives
09-23-2012, 02:11 PM
Some comdevs post regular updates and things. The Splinter Cell Blacklist comdev is active a decent amount :).

We want someone on this forum

pacmanate
09-23-2012, 02:27 PM
We want someone on this forum

Exactly, why would I care about other forums...

dewgel
09-23-2012, 04:32 PM

Thanks

I know that UbiGabe is very active on the YouTube, Facebook and Twitter accounts. It would be nice to see him appear, but I understand where you're coming from when you say that. :)

dxsxhxcx
09-23-2012, 04:52 PM
Now, you say that Community Developers are "responsible for communicating through all media channels, facilitating events, videos, etc, and assessing how the communities are reacting", but what I should seriously expect them to do is spend less time talking on Facebook and Twitter and what have you to put more time and effort here, on their OFFICIAL FORUMS.

Do you really expect they would focus more on their official forums when they have channels already mentioned by you (facebook, etc) that can cover a much bigger part of the community including the forum members?! I'm not saying that I don't want them here, it certainly would be nice to be in constant contact with them here but I understand why they don't appear that much, much of what they need to say is already said in (let's call it) "universal" channels that certainly the majority of the community (including us, forum members) have access...

Serrachio
09-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Do you really expect they would focus more on their official forums when they have channels already mentioned by you (facebook, etc) that can cover a much bigger part of the community including the forum members?! I'm not saying that I don't want them here, it certainly would be nice to be in constant contact with them here but I understand why they don't appear that much, much of what they need to say is already said in (let's call it) "universal" channels that certainly the majority of the community (including us, forum members) have access...

Considering that the forums are intended to be Ubisoft's official port of call to their fans, then yeah, I do expect them to be here more.

Not that I disagree that Facebook and Twitter are valuable tools to reach out on a wider scale, but as it is now, there are supposed to be two Community Developers for Assassin's Creed, and yet it appears that both of them aren't interested in being on the Assassin's Creed Forums half of the time. I could understand one of them running the social media sites and the other being fully functional here, but that's not what's going on evidently.

And to then push part of their job onto the Forum Managers, whether or not they're happy to do it, is not right. Shade and Widow should be focusing their attention fully on keeping the forums functional and clean of spam and problematic users, and from what I hear from one source, even their presence here has been diminished recently. It seems like they should be doing more of the job they're employed to do, as opposed to being yet another link in the chain of communication between the fans and the developers, because they're having to make up for the lackluster presence of the AC Community Developers.

As it's been said for the Splinter Cell: Blacklist ComDev, their performance to their respective playerbase is satisfying. It's a **** shame that we don't see it here.

LightRey
09-23-2012, 05:35 PM

You're arguing semantics. The fact of the matter is that their jobs are what their contracts define as their jobs, even if their "title" (arguably) does not properly define that.

Serrachio
09-23-2012, 06:01 PM
You're arguing semantics. The fact of the matter is that their jobs are what their contracts define as their jobs, even if their "title" (arguably) does not properly define that.

You're given a job title for a reason: it reflects what the main responsibility of your job is.

Semantics or not, it seems like Shade and Widow are trying to do the Community Developers' job here: noting down and passing along suggestions and ideas. To use the excuse that "they can see what you're posting here" is silly. If they can see what we're posting, what's makes it so hard for the ComDevs to reply that our idea has been chronicled and passed along?

LightRey
09-23-2012, 07:22 PM
You're given a job title for a reason: it reflects what the main responsibility of your job is.

Semantics or not, it seems like Shade and Widow are trying to do the Community Developers' job here: noting down and passing along suggestions and ideas. To use the excuse that "they can see what you're posting here" is silly. If they can see what we're posting, what's makes it so hard for the ComDevs to reply that our idea has been chronicled and passed along?
Again, it's not their job title that defines what their job really is. I could get a job with the title "Chicken Yoga Manager" and be a construction worker. It's the contract, or whatever official agreement you have with your employer, that defines your function.

UbiGabe
09-24-2012, 04:52 PM
So, just to jump in here with a bit more clarification...

About a year ago, we were looking at the state of our forums and the level of service we can provide our users and we noticed an unsettling trend in the impact of ComDevs posting in the forums. Basically, the more I posted in here, the less you all would pay attention to Shade or Widow and that was not okay with anyone here. We all agreed that the best course of action would be to have Shade and Widow be our primary forum communicators. They are the word of Ubisoft as far as you're all concerned. What they say is law here... as it should be, they are Forum Managers.

That said, we are in constant contact. It's the ComDev's job to make sure Forum Managers have all of the information they need to do their jobs. Dii and I try to keep an eye on the forums, but Shade and Widow do an excellent job of highlighting your biggest concerns for us and requesting information and updates on your behalf... if we can't always respond to each individual item, it's not because they didn't ask, it is more likely that we can't let them tell you, hehe.

If Dii and I seem to spend a lot of time on other channels, it is only because we don't have such talented communication managers (like Shade and Widow) to help us on those channels. It may seem like a simple thing, but you might be surprised how challenging it can be to manage a Facebook fan page with over three and a half million fans, a Twitter account with 134k followers... a subreddit, a pinterest board, a tumblr blog... I didn't even mention posts we write for the PlayStation Blog or our upcoming Community section on the Official Website.

That said, we do pride ourselves on listening to your feedback, so if you really want us to have more of a presence here (and you promise to keep listening to Widow and Shade!), maybe we can hang out on the forums more often (and by that I mean actually comment on the threads we read rather than just send terse emails to Shade and Widow about them, hehe).

And a quick note just for you, Serrachio: guess who doesn't write job descriptions at Ubisoft...

FrankieSatt
09-24-2012, 05:30 PM

About a year ago, we were looking at the state of our forums and the level of service we can provide our users and we noticed an unsettling trend in the impact of ComDevs posting in the forums. Basically, the more I posted in here, the less you all would pay attention to Shade or Widow and that was not okay with anyone here. We all agreed that the best course of action would be to have Shade and Widow be our primary forum communicators. They are the word of Ubisoft as far as you're all concerned. What they say is law here... as it should be, they are Forum Managers.

That said, we are in constant contact. It's the ComDev's job to make sure Forum Managers have all of the information they need to do their jobs. Dii and I try to keep an eye on the forums, but Shade and Widow do an excellent job of highlighting your biggest concerns for us and requesting information and updates on your behalf... if we can't always respond to each individual item, it's not because they didn't ask, it is more likely that we can't let them tell you, hehe.

If Dii and I seem to spend a lot of time on other channels, it is only because we don't have such talented communication managers (like Shade and Widow) to help us on those channels. It may seem like a simple thing, but you might be surprised how challenging it can be to manage a Facebook fan page with over three and a half million fans, a Twitter account with 134k followers... a subreddit, a pinterest board, a tumblr blog... I didn't even mention posts we write for the PlayStation Blog or our upcoming Community section on the Official Website.

That said, we do pride ourselves on listening to your feedback, so if you really want us to have more of a presence here (and you promise to keep listening to Widow and Shade!), maybe we can hang out on the forums more often (and by that I mean actually comment on the threads we read rather than just send terse emails to Shade and Widow about them, hehe).

And a quick note just for you, Serrachio: guess who doesn't write job descriptions at Ubisoft...

For me personally, I look at UbiZack over at the Splinter Cell forums and then I look here and I see a huge difference in how often someone actually associated with UbiSoft, which the moderators are not, is posting. A post and a discussion with someone actually from UbiSoft is much more desireable than a moderator who doesn't work for UbiSoft. No disrespect to the moderators, they do a great job, but their job is to keep forum decore... at least that is my opinion of what a moderator should be doing. It's the Community Developer who should actually be conversing with the gaming public and keeping us informed and letting us know that someone really is reading and passing along the information.

EscoBlades
09-24-2012, 05:37 PM
For me personally, I look at UbiZack over at the Splinter Cell forums and then I look here and I see a huge difference in how often someone actually associated with UbiSoft, which the moderators are not, is posting. A post and a discussion with someone actually from UbiSoft is much more desireable than a moderator who doesn't work for UbiSoft. No disrespect to the moderators, they do a great job, but their job is to keep forum decore... at least that is my opinion of what a moderator should be doing. It's the Community Developer who should actually be conversing with the gaming public and keeping us informed and letting us know that someone really is reading and passing along the information.

But that is Gabe's point, and something a lot of people seem to miss...Shade and Black Widow ARE employees of Ubisoft and speak officially on their behalf, especially on the forums. They manage multiple forums (including this one) and the moderators of those forums. The information they give us is straight from the ComDevs (and by extension, the dev team themselves).

Just saying.

pacmanate
09-24-2012, 05:53 PM

Thanks for the long reply! At least that has clarified things for me. I don't think any of us would not listen to Shade and Widow, after all they keep everything here in check, but it would be nice to have you and Dii on here aswell. It would be like one massive happy family!

Serrachio
09-25-2012, 12:26 AM

I know that criticism can be a bitter pill to swallow Gabe, but if the last remark was meant as a barb towards me, then it was quite unnecessary. I know I don't write job descriptions for your company, and I assume you don't either (please correct me if I'm wrong). But, when your title is "Community Developer", it should be pretty simple to expect that you develop the community on all aspects, including here. And then to compare that to Shade and Widow's job title of "Forum Manager", I'd rather hear the news from the most direct source, and not have it sent down another step before I do, so that Shade and Widow focus on their main roles.

I do understand that if you're too active here, it means Shade and Widow are sidelined, and I'm not expecting that you should be here 24/7, but when it seems like the official forums are left behind to catch up on news when it's reported on Facebook and Twitter the instant it becomes available, because the info then has to be passed onto the Forum Managers to make threads for when they're active (which I admit isn't long), it gives off the feeling of a disconnect between us, the more dedicated fans, to Ubisoft.

Anyway, I do look forward to seeing you post here a bit more than before, and I hope I haven't come across too negatively with this follow-up post. It will be nice to feel like we're being supported more towards the release of AC3, though I have no pressing qualms with Shade and Widow as they are now.

SteelCity999
09-25-2012, 02:05 AM

I get the impression from how the Mods interact with members that they are on a pretty short leash with a bunch of duct tape real close - no offense to them because I have no complaints with them. I think all you need to do is look at a thread you commented on a little while ago regarding the Frontier and hunting. You were alot more open with the game and your experience with it so far than I have seen the Mods do. That kind of stuff is important and is some of what everyone misses, I think. Shade and Widow do a good job with getting answers back, etc but if they are meant to help you out and help provide a truly interactive forum experience than I think they need some help from the higher ups in letting them talk.

dex3108BL
09-26-2012, 08:48 AM
Well what really surprised me is how other comdevs on ubi forums are willing to gave info. For example in Far Cry 3 part of the forum they answered almost 100 questions that members have asked. I was really surprised when i saw that. And here in AC part of the forum we don't have eny special info just for forum member and we need to look around to find it.