PDA

View Full Version : Desmond's fate in ACIII

dg2540
09-22-2012, 09:04 AM
So, I was playing ACR for the third time through yesterday and I remember Shaun saying something like "What happens if he's a sleeper?" or something like that and William replying "He's not" but then Shaun again saying "It has happened before" and WIlliam finishing with "But it's Desmond he can't be" or something along the lines of that, but then I remember from seeing earlier the achievement list for ACIII and seeing one that says open the Templar Door and learn Desmond's fate, what happens if Desmond is a sleeper agent? BUT! What happens if Lucy was to activate him as she spent most her time with him at Abstergo while in the Animus and that's why Juno had Desmond kill her so she couldn't have activated it, and when Desmond goes through the Templar door in ACIII she was meant to be there to activate him but when they realise she isn't there it screws their plans. Help me expand on this idea please.

Sickull
09-22-2012, 11:34 AM
I'm pretty sure it's Temple* door...

Locopells
09-22-2012, 11:34 AM
Possible, but unlikely.

andreja110s
09-22-2012, 11:47 AM
It could be possible but what kind of an end would that be? An opened one- you could just guess what could happen after that. And Ubisoft said this is the last timewe are going to play as Desmond, so I donīt think this could be it.

xXHyperMidgetXx
09-22-2012, 12:06 PM
That would kinda be like a copy of the Daniel Cross story, in which he was a Templar sleeper agent and killed the mentor, and Desmond is in close proximity to the de-facto mentor, so it kinda would be lame if he was a sleeper agent. But a possibility nonetheless. But what's the point of calling the game series Assassin's Creed when the main protaganist turns out to be a templar?

pacmanate
09-22-2012, 02:09 PM
What does Sleeper mean again?

LightRey
09-22-2012, 02:28 PM
What does Sleeper mean again?
An agent that unknowingly has been brainwashed into performing a certain task if the opportunity to do so were ever to arise (and possibly even to strive to get that opportunity).

freddie_1897
09-22-2012, 02:40 PM
An agent that unknowingly has been brainwashed into performing a certain task if the opportunity to do so were ever to arise (and possibly even to strive to get that opportunity).
its also usually triggered by something like a word or phrase

Legendz54
09-22-2012, 02:41 PM
If something bad happens to Desmond at the end after 5 long years...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7hfy6IRBF1qis6qy.gif

FrankieSatt
09-22-2012, 02:56 PM
I don't see Desmond being a "Sleeper Agent". That is so cliche and would really ruin the end of a great story line so far.

dxsxhxcx
09-22-2012, 03:05 PM
I believe that achievement means that we'll be talking to one of TWCB at the beginning of the game and that he/she will tell us what we need to do to stop the solar flare...

Sick_one12
09-22-2012, 03:17 PM
I believe that achievement means that we'll be talking to one of TWCB at the beginning of the game and that he/she will tell us what we need to do to stop the solar flare...

i dont think its an early achievement because if you look at the little picture of the first "Desmond Achievement" its has one little square on it.The "No good deed goes unpunished" achievement-picture has 5 little squares on it,which propably means its the last Desmond related Achievement:)

Please dont die Desmond,not after 5 long years of AC XD

AssassinZ7
09-22-2012, 04:39 PM
i think he will die, a good story is one that really touches your emotions. you will cry like we all did when....*snif*....ezio...*Waahaaa*.....Quit!....*w aaahaaahahaaahahahh* :(

dxsxhxcx
09-22-2012, 05:11 PM
i think he will die, a good story is one that really touches your emotions. you will cry like we all did when....*snif*....ezio...*Waahaaa*.....Quit!....*w aaahaaahahaaahahahh* :(

IMO the only emotion something like this would touch is anger (and not because I like the character and I wouldn't like to see him dying), kill Desmond is take the easy route, I really hope they don't go this way...

LightRey
09-22-2012, 05:16 PM
IMO the only emotion something like this would touch is anger (and not because I like the character and I wouldn't like to see him dying), kill Desmond is take the easy route, I really hope they don't go this way...
I agree. It seems a bit cheap tbh. Besides, this too is not something the story of Assassin's Creed revolves around.

AssassinZ7
09-22-2012, 05:48 PM
If he is going to die then they wont kill him. he wil probably die heroically, i mean cant u see that coming, this is THE LAST TIME WE PLAY AS DESMOND, c'mon ther tellin u its gonna happen. Although i do not think they are trying to make you angry, they will make your heart soften during his last moments adn u will cry the anger will dissipitate and you will wacth that sean over and over in an attempt to bing relive what is lost. did u guys get mad when they showed how Altair died in ACR, eventhogh it was peacfull u felt something, adn what about when Ezio quit being an Assasin huh? were u anly angry/ how about when he gave that epic speech to desmond, did u rip your controller in half? they make stories in such away that no matter what you ant to thinkof something, they instill a different emotion. it is ingeneous.

andreja110s
09-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Donīt you even think about that!!!! Desmond wonīt die, I mean he canīt die after all this years!

brefcourte
09-22-2012, 06:38 PM
its obvious now. desmond will die, remain death for 3 days and be resurrected for ac4

dxsxhxcx
09-22-2012, 07:10 PM
If he is going to die then they wont kill him. he wil probably die heroically, i mean cant u see that coming, this is THE LAST TIME WE PLAY AS DESMOND, c'mon ther tellin u its gonna happen. Although i do not think they are trying to make you angry, they will make your heart soften during his last moments adn u will cry the anger will dissipitate and you will wacth that sean over and over in an attempt to bing relive what is lost. did u guys get mad when they showed how Altair died in ACR, eventhogh it was peacfull u felt something, adn what about when Ezio quit being an Assasin huh? were u anly angry/ how about when he gave that epic speech to desmond, did u rip your controller in half? they make stories in such away that no matter what you ant to thinkof something, they instill a different emotion. it is ingeneous.

the difference is that Altair and Ezio gave their entire lifes for the Order (and we saw most part of this process), while Desmond is in this boat doing not much more than sit in a chair for how much time? A few weeks, maybe months?! Desmond shouldn't die because he doesn't deserve to die, he should (and deserve) become more than a simple plot device that allow us to play as the ancestors, if Ubisoft just kill him that is exactly what he'll continue being, nothing but a plot device...

a few examples of how they could end Desmond story without kill him:

- Make him become the Mentor of the Order;
- Make he fully awake his sixth sense and become something close to TWCB;
- Make he quit his life as an assassin like Ezio did (IMO do that at this point would be too soon and I believe it would be lame, but is just another example to how we can finish his story without kill him);

and finally, my favorite: make him lose his legs and arms, quit the assassins and work at McDonald's as a paper weight... lol /jk

monster_rambo
09-23-2012, 08:42 AM
Has anyone of you ever wonder when does "Eve" come into the picture. The TWCB mentioned her in ACB. Hopefully we will have more news and not have some half *** cliffhanger.

andreja110s
09-23-2012, 10:03 AM
and finally, my favorite: make him lose his legs and arms, quit the assassins and work at McDonald's as a paper weight... lol /jk
Now that is mean
I think Desmond will become a real assassin- actually fighting against Templars, killing them, putting their Order to an end and stuff like that