PDA

View Full Version : Naval Warfare

tjbyrum1
09-22-2012, 02:20 AM
One thing I am looking forward to more than anything is Naval Warfare.

Being able to captain our own ship, engage in battles on the sea, etc... sounds absolutely amazing!

It is THE most anticipated feature for me.

Layytez
09-22-2012, 02:37 AM
I'm more interested in using Connor with the new animations they have added. I love the way he runs.

Free_Hidings
09-22-2012, 03:14 AM
I'm more interested in using Connor with the new animations they have added. I love the way he runs.

Pretty much sums it up for me. I'm sure the naval battles will be great but I am not that bothered about them, I am really keen to do free running with Connor, explore the frontier and use the rope dart. Mainly Connor and the way he looks and moves combined with the large and detailed setting are what really attract me to the game. He sprints like an Olympic athlete@!@!

kriegerdesgottes
09-22-2012, 04:34 AM
I personally am not that interested in the naval warfare. I like that it's there and I am actually a lot more interested in just being able to navigate the boat around the sea. I don't really care about the whole blowing up other ships/pirate aspect. Maybe that's why my hype isn't that strong for this one. Ubisoft is focusing on the aspects of the game I don't care that much about. The wilderness, the naval warfare, More characters on the screen at once, Better engine in general. I just don't care that much about those things. I'm glad they are there but that's now what my main interests are. I care more about the cities and Connor as a character and the assassin story. It's as if for ACII Ubisoft focused all their resources advertising the mountains and Ezio's new ability to swing on those plant holder things. That is cool but I don't care that much.

ProletariatPleb
09-22-2012, 04:36 AM
I'm just waiting for the game ._.

Assassin_M
09-22-2012, 04:38 AM
I personally am not that interested in the naval warfare. I like that it's there and I am actually a lot more interested in just being able to navigate the boat around the sea. I don't really care about the whole blowing up other ships/pirate aspect. Maybe that's why my hype isn't that strong for this one. Ubisoft is focusing on the aspects of the game I don't care that much about. The wilderness, the naval warfare, More characters on the screen at once, Better engine in general. I just don't care that much about those things. I'm glad they are there but that's now what my main interests are. I care more about the cities and Connor as a character and the assassin story. It's as if for ACII Ubisoft focused all their resources advertising the mountains and Ezio's new ability to swing on those plant holder things. That is cool but I don't care that much.
So out of AC III you only care about the Cities and Assassin Story..

Nice..

I Disagree regarding the Mountains and Pot swings comparison... That wasn't well thought out..

roostersrule2
09-22-2012, 04:38 AM
The Naval Battles look great but I really just want to explore the Frontier through Summer and then again through Winter. I also can't wait to try a double assassinate on an animal. [if you can do that]

kriegerdesgottes
09-22-2012, 04:49 AM
So out of AC III you only care about the Cities and Assassin Story..

Nice..

I Disagree regarding the Mountains and Pot swings comparison... That wasn't well thought out..

Just because they aren't comparable to you doesn't mean they aren't well thought out. I care about the history, the assassins, the character and the cities which I guess ties into the history. I don't care about naval battles or large amounts of guys on a screen no. Remember M when you weren't condescending and rude? Remember when you were more like Rey and even though you argued with people you were polite and level headed? What happened to that guy?

Assassin_M
09-22-2012, 04:54 AM
Just because they aren't comparable to you doesn't mean they aren't well thought out. I care about the history, the assassins, the character and the cities which I guess ties into the history. I don't care about naval battles or large amounts of guys on a screen no. Remember M when you weren't condescending and rude? Remember when you were more like Rey and even though you argued with people you were polite and level headed? What happened to that guy?
That Guy is dead..

Well thought out means bringing up valid comparisons, but you just brought The Mountains (A large, empty space of Linear Roads) and Pot Swinging and compared those to the most important Additions to the game. The Frontier (Which is 4 times as large as the mountains, has Animals, Side quests and 1/3 of the story) and the Naval Battles (A Whole different system in of itself)

While I do respect your Opinion that you`re not looking forward or at the very least interested in those things, I do not appreciate you scaling down these 2 features like that..

And "not well thought out" does not have to be an Insult.. JEEZ..

Alright... I Apologize... Hug ? (Not trying to be sarcastic I SWEAR)

kriegerdesgottes
09-22-2012, 04:57 AM
Alright... I Apologize... Hug ? (Not trying to be sarcastic I SWEAR)

Sarcastic or not, apology and hug accepted *hugs back*

Assassin_M
09-22-2012, 05:02 AM
Sarcastic or not, apology and hug accepted *hugs back*
Thanks, Mate:p

NOLA_Assassin
09-22-2012, 07:22 AM
I think it's an awesome addition but it's definitely not my favorite. I just want to go out into the frontier and hunt people as well as animals.

Sushiglutton
09-22-2012, 08:13 AM
What we have seen so far looks great. But need to get my hands on it to really understand how it plays. A bg facto for me is just how free it is. If there are many islands to explore etc. I'm def interested :)!

crash3
09-22-2012, 10:56 AM
The naval warfare does look brilliant, however I hope there are decent rewards for engaging in naval warfare or else it would be a waste of time, I hope theres plenty of loot to plunder!

I hope also that the naval warfare ties into both the main storyline and into side missions and helps to develop connor in some way so that it all ties into connor and his story if you get me

Bones206
09-22-2012, 12:24 PM
Agreed

Ielgon
09-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Interesting addition to the game but I'm more excited about the new "core" gameplay (Connor, assassinating, freerunning, combat, the cities, weather, etc). I really love how it doesn't look like a gimmicky minigame but as a thing on it's own though (will probably cause me to actually want play it a lot)!

pacmanate
09-22-2012, 01:54 PM
One thing I am looking forward to more than anything is Naval Warfare.

Being able to captain our own ship, engage in battles on the sea, etc... sounds absolutely amazing!

It is THE most anticipated feature for me.

Most irritating thing to see around for me.

BBALive
09-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Ubisoft is focusing on the aspects of the game I don't care that much about. The wilderness, the naval warfare, More characters on the screen at once, Better engine in general. I just don't care that much about those things. I'm glad they are there but that's now what my main interests are. I care more about the cities and Connor as a character and the assassin story.

So you don't care about actual improvements?

It's as if for ACII Ubisoft focused all their resources advertising the mountains and Ezio's new ability to swing on those plant holder things. That is cool but I don't care that much.

That's an awful comparison. How can you compare a plethora of new features and additions to one new, rather insignificant feature? You can't.

kriegerdesgottes
09-22-2012, 03:32 PM

That's an awful comparison. How can you compare a plethora of new features and additions to one new, rather insignificant feature? You can't.

Because to me, the wilderness and the amount of people on the screen and even naval warfare are not that significant. That is just my opinion. I know a lot of people are excited about those things. I welcome them obviously, but they don't excite me that much.

LightRey
09-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Very much looking forward to it. It looks really fun. I hope it's as dynamic as it looks.

freddie_1897
09-22-2012, 03:38 PM

1. no, he doesn't, is there a problem with that?

2. agreed

HisSpiritLives
09-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Naval warfare is really awesome and big feature but they really spoiled it too much.

AssassinZ7
09-22-2012, 04:55 PM
As long as we can get in the ship at any time thats great, othterwise it sucks

tjbyrum1
09-22-2012, 05:22 PM
As long as we can get in the ship at any time thats great, othterwise it sucks

I see it as a 'one-time only' kind of thing...

Think of it as the Leonardo's Machines... but the AC3 equivalent, ya'know? I don't think it is recurring like the Revelations Brotherhood Guild.

I theorize that George Washington will supply Connor with a ship to sail south in an effort to find/hide a Piece of Eden.

tarrero
09-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Really looking forward to it!!!!!

Layytez
09-22-2012, 05:34 PM
I see it as a 'one-time only' kind of thing...

Think of it as the Leonardo's Machines... but the AC3 equivalent, ya'know? I don't think it is recurring like the Revelations Brotherhood Guild.

I theorize that George Washington will supply Connor with a ship to sail south in an effort to find/hide a Piece of Eden.

You will be able to board the ship outside of main missions.

AssassinZ7
09-22-2012, 05:38 PM
You will be able to board the ship outside of main missions.
YAAAAY!!!!! Woooohoooo!! Victory!!! Yeaaa!!! I Win!!!! Yeeess!!!

ok i had my fun now...

AssassinZ7
09-22-2012, 05:39 PM
maybe.. i think he gonna make you blow a coupla blokades. i mean i know he will!

ProletariatPleb
09-22-2012, 05:40 PM
Lol, the whole area is free-roam guys, it even has sidemissions.

AssassinZ7
09-22-2012, 05:49 PM
Lol, the whole area is free-roam guys, it even has sidemissions.
im gonna cry....

andreja110s
09-22-2012, 06:09 PM
I feel about Naval Warfare same as I feel about Den Defense in ACR. I donīt like it, I will buy the game because of Connor and his new skills, to run around, kill templars and stuff like this, not for leading a ship around the sea

BATISTABUS
09-22-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic. I think it looks really cool, but it has the potential to fail...really badly. It could easily turn out to be another Den Defense; a really cool idea (I still think it's cool for the lore.) that had mediocre implementation and really felt out of place in the game.

tjbyrum1
09-22-2012, 07:25 PM
The polls are 50/50!

Abdelbar94
09-22-2012, 10:00 PM

in that case AC3 will not interest you a lot most AC fans are interested about AC3 due to its new features eg frontier, hunting, naval combat etc :(

kriegerdesgottes
09-23-2012, 12:33 AM
in that case AC3 will not interest you a lot most AC fans are interested about AC3 due to its new features eg frontier, hunting, naval combat etc :(

Yea I fear you may be right :( at least I will see how Desmond's story will end...maybe.

tjbyrum1
09-23-2012, 02:34 AM
Yea I fear you may be right :( at least I will see how Desmond's story will end...maybe.

Are you really not interested in the frontier, hunting, naval combat, and stuff?

What is it that WOULD have interested you?

kriegerdesgottes
09-23-2012, 02:52 AM
Are you really not interested in the frontier, hunting, naval combat, and stuff?

What is it that WOULD have interested you?

Well like I said before, I love the cities and the history and the character himself. I like to see the new combat of the character and what historical events you will witness and what historical figures you will meet. This is something they are avoiding in advertising this game in order to avoid spoilers and instead they are focusing on the frontier which can not possibly be historically recreated so I don't care about it. It's a welcome addition of course but I care wayy more about recreated cities and events than being able to climb a tree. The hunting I am actually interested in but they haven't even shown much of that. To be honest I just am not into this setting in general although I think it's a smart, logical choice for AC to go to. I am excited for the game. But not anywhere near as much as I was for ACII which did concentrate on the character and the history and the assassin struggle in their advertising.

roostersrule2
09-23-2012, 03:45 AM
Well like I said before, I love the cities and the history and the character himself. I like to see the new combat of the character and what historical events you will witness and what historical figures you will meet. This is something they are avoiding in advertising this game in order to avoid spoilers and instead they are focusing on the frontier which can not possibly be historically recreated so I don't care about it. It's a welcome addition of course but I care wayy more about recreated cities and events than being able to climb a tree. The hunting I am actually interested in but they haven't even shown much of that. To be honest I just am not into this setting in general although I think it's a smart, logical choice for AC to go to. I am excited for the game. But not anywhere near as much as I was for ACII which did concentrate on the character and the history and the assassin struggle in their advertising.Is this why you don't like Desmond?

kriegerdesgottes
09-23-2012, 03:53 AM
Is this why you don't like Desmond?

The lack of history? Possibly. Plus he looks like a ****** bag which I realize is judgmental on my part but I can't help it. They just haven't done a good job of developing his character but yea more than that, I'm all about the history. I don't care about some guy in the present/future although I think he is a brilliant plot device.

tjbyrum1
09-23-2012, 04:31 AM
Well like I said before, I love the cities and the history and the character himself. I like to see the new combat of the character and what historical events you will witness and what historical figures you will meet. This is something they are avoiding in advertising this game in order to avoid spoilers and instead they are focusing on the frontier which can not possibly be historically recreated so I don't care about it. It's a welcome addition of course but I care wayy more about recreated cities and events than being able to climb a tree. The hunting I am actually interested in but they haven't even shown much of that. To be honest I just am not into this setting in general although I think it's a smart, logical choice for AC to go to. I am excited for the game. But not anywhere near as much as I was for ACII which did concentrate on the character and the history and the assassin struggle in their advertising.

Oh.

They're advertising a lot of Gameplay, where you would rather prefer story and stuff, right?

I prefer Gameplay above all else. What good is a game you can't have fun playing? To me, Gameplay is everything. If the gameplay sucks, I'm not going to waste my time with it. And so far, gameplay (hunting, the frontier, naval combat, etc) looks good, and that's what I want. Story comes second, cause what good is a game if it's not interesting? I like good stories, with good characters, and good focus and plot elements.

HisSpiritLives
09-23-2012, 01:59 PM
I feel about Naval Warfare same as I feel about Den Defense in ACR. I donīt like it, I will buy the game because of Connor and his new skills, to run around, kill templars and stuff like this, not for leading a ship around the sea

I would disagree with you,it is not like Den Defense it is far more interesting .And i have to say that Ubisoft kind a ruined it with soo much videos,few months ago everyone talked how it is awesome and now some started to compare it with Den Defense.But i am sure that it wont be as bad as Den Defense,it isnt bad at all i still like it but Ubisoft just killed the hype i had before.

AssassinZ7
09-24-2012, 12:26 AM
were did this conversation go?