PDA

View Full Version : AC3 - Work on the game has been completed

ACfan443
09-21-2012, 09:16 PM
EDIT: Work on AC3 has been completed! Confirmed by Alex Hutchinson on his Facebook account. Congratulations to the AC team! :D

Screenshot by Slayer_WTF:
http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj632/abcdefghijk63538/BEE0A27A-F1B7-427D-98E0-AE0782BAB086-137-00000005718D794E_zps7e6eaa9b.jpg

Post by Catkiller97:
Alex Hutchinson - "This finally ended in glory and Majesty, so now you just have to wait for the blessed departure date to enjoy this long-awaited game."
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/578568_447184938665239_49892136_n.jpg

Earlier discussion of cryptic messages:

Saw a few cryptic tweets from Corey May a few hours ago, (posted by other Ubi workers too) about AC3 "achieving" something. Didn't think it was worth discussing but then people brought it up in another thread, so I took the liberty to make it its own thread :)

It might be something big, but it could also be something small and insignificant.

Here's the tweet: https://twitter.com/ragecave/status/249221712481226753

CONGRATS TO THE AC3 TEAM ON ACHIEVING SOMETHING I CAN'T BE SPECIFIC ABOUT UNTIL I'M TOLD I'M ALLOWED TO.

What do you think they mean when they say the team has "achieved something"?

Assassin_M
09-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Im going with game gone Gold..

ACfan443
09-21-2012, 09:19 PM
Im going with game gone Gold..

Saw your post about that, I'm gonna agree. If it "topped 10 times the pre orders of revelations" back in (June I think it was?) then that's highly likely

EDIT: found out 'going gold' doesn't have anything to do with sales figures in video games context.

Layytez
09-21-2012, 09:23 PM
I see AC3 being a great achievement and it is that time where a game goes gold and starts being produced.

nitres15
09-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Stop writing in caps corey !!!

ACfan443
09-21-2012, 09:39 PM

Agreed!

On a side note, when do they actually stop working on the game and start shipping?

Umbra_Blade
09-21-2012, 09:41 PM
I wonder if the moment they ship it they all go: "Right, now for AC4!" :p

Helforsite
09-21-2012, 09:43 PM
It is the krakken dlc!!!!

Deathgrim666
09-21-2012, 09:49 PM
It is the krakken dlc!!!!

Has to be the krakken.....

dewgel
09-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Well games usually go gold around a month before release and that time is pretty much now...

I said this in the Screenshots thread, about the game bieng ready for gold status, due to it being sent for certification last week, achievements appearing (non-leaked) and Uplay rewards now are live.

I'd say it's unofficially officially gone gold.

Agreed!

On a side note, when do they actually stop working on the game and start shipping?

It's different for each game, for example online games will receive work up until launch to fix online bugs etc and deter hacks.

However, AC3, I'd say development stopped around E3 time. Perhaps there was the occasional bit of polish, but the game entered it's alpha build back in February / March, which is considered 'code complete', where they don't add anymore code and simply modify what's already in.

BBALive
09-21-2012, 10:25 PM
However, AC3, I'd say development stopped around E3 time. Perhaps there was the occasional bit of polish, but the game entered it's alpha build back in February / March, which is considered 'code complete', where they don't add anymore code and simply modify what's already in.

Alpha builds are feature complete, not code complete. They wouldn't have stopped working on the game until... August? July at the very earliest.

dewgel
09-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Alpha builds are feature complete, not code complete. They wouldn't have stopped working on the game until... August? July at the very earliest.

I'm telling you, it was much earlier. There was an article somewhere that stated they'd totally finished the game around when we got the reveal trailer / first gameplay reveal.

Apologies about the code complete thing though, you are right on that one.

Mind you, we'll never really know when they stopped working on it. You may be right, August, but that'd be completely done polishing it. I know it'll have been sent to the printers right about now and the copies will be getting made from the master.

AnthonyA85
09-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Agreed!

Long answer:

When the game reaches "Gold" status, all further alterations to the source code is stopped, and the game's code is "locked", all inhouse beta testing is stopped, all changes and bug fixes are checked and marked off the checklists, then the final 1.0 build is compiled and encoded on a gold disc, which is then sent out to the mass-production department, where it is then copied and re-encoded on the discs that will then be shipped out.

Short answer:

As soon as the game goes gold, they stop development, declare it ready, and begin production, then shipping to retailers.

lukaszep
09-21-2012, 10:34 PM
I'm telling you, it was much earlier. There was an article somewhere that stated they'd totally finished the game around when we got the reveal trailer / first gameplay reveal.

Apologies about the code complete thing though, you are right on that one.

Mind you, we'll never really know when they stopped working on it. You may be right, August, but that'd be completely done polishing it. I know it'll have been sent to the printers right about now and the copies will be getting made from the master.

No...around March the game was in Alpha stage (which means a feature complete game). They will have been working on the Beta version of the game right up until the last second before it goes Gold.

August is way too early for them just to stop working on it...
We know that they've had a small team working on DLC for a few months now at least, and I'm sure there's more people now (seeing as it has presumably gone Gold) working on updates and other DLC if they aren't joining teams working on future installments.

pacmanate
09-21-2012, 10:38 PM

I said the same thing, I asked him and he said he liked the symmetry. I think his caps lock is broken.

dewgel
09-21-2012, 10:52 PM
See Slayer's thread but Alex Hutchinson just said on Facebook that he's glad the hard work is finally done on AC3, they're basically at a celebration party for the game's completion

roostersrule2
09-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Saw your post about that, I'm gonna agree. If it "topped 10 times the pre orders of revelations" back in (June I think it was?) then that's highly likelyGoing gold means that you've finished all work on the game, it has nothing to do with the amount of sales or pre orders.

ACfan443
09-21-2012, 11:05 PM
Long answer:

When the game reaches "Gold" status, all further alterations to the source code is stopped, and the game's code is "locked", all inhouse beta testing is stopped, all changes and bug fixes are checked and marked off the checklists, then the final 1.0 build is compiled and encoded on a gold disc, which is then sent out to the mass-production department, where it is then copied and re-encoded on the discs that will then be shipped out.

Short answer:

As soon as the game goes gold, they stop development, declare it ready, and begin production, then shipping to retailers.

Thanks!(and to Dewgel) That cleared it up for me :) I was confused with the whole ''main game completion" and "absolute completion"

Going gold means that you've finished all work on the game, it has nothing to do with the amount of sales or pre orders.

Yeah, I just got that. ^^confusion with the terms, learning new things every day :P

MT4K
09-21-2012, 11:32 PM
I have edited the thread title at request of OP. Hopefully it is more suited now for all things relating to this :).

Also i feel myself getting even more excited now with this news :D.

tjbyrum1
09-21-2012, 11:41 PM
What does it mean for a game to go Gold?

Umbra_Blade
09-21-2012, 11:48 PM
What does it mean for a game to go Gold?

It means the game is in it's final form, it has been made to the standard that the publishers are happy to release to the public. Or if you want; the development work of the game is completed. :p

MetalCreed
09-21-2012, 11:59 PM
I wonder if Gabe will be sticking around more often now until we get to October 30th

ACfan443
09-22-2012, 12:02 AM
Well now the core team will run off and secretly start developing the next AC :P

Layytez
09-22-2012, 12:12 AM
I feel bad for saying this although i'm still going to buy AC3 but after a game has gone gold the next thing I look forward to is it getting leaked simply because I can't wait.

dxsxhxcx
09-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Well now the core team will run off and secretly start developing the next AC :P

nah, now they'll start working on the Wii U version of the game to release it at the same date as the other console versions and announce a new delay for the PC version... :p

kudos17
09-22-2012, 12:23 AM
If it's gold and shipping, we may want to be cautious about leaks. The next forty days will be tough.

raptor41tr
09-22-2012, 12:36 AM
nah, now they'll start working on the Wii U version of the game to release it at the same date as the other console versions and announce a new delay for the PC version... :p

Yea, they will start some pc specific things, and if they do not finish these things in time, they are going to delay it again.

Paulsifer42
09-22-2012, 12:38 AM
I wonder if the moment they ship it they all go: "Right, now for AC4!" :p

If they're doing an AC4 (and why wouldn't they?) they already have a separate team working on it, or parts of this team have moved from one to the next. The joys of a big company.

ShaneO7K
09-22-2012, 12:39 AM
Brace yourselves!

MT4K
09-22-2012, 01:06 AM
Since Slayer didn't post this in this thread yet i'll quote here :).

http://i45.tinypic.com/2m4q242.jpg

MetalCreed
09-22-2012, 01:14 AM
Seems like they had a bit of fun

I hope they take a long break from AC (maybe see AC set in Asia or something cool by 2015.)

Maybe majority will be transferring over to work on Watch Dogs perhaps?

Requiscent
09-22-2012, 01:17 AM
Seems like they had a bit of fun

I hope they take a long break from AC (maybe see AC set in Asia or something cool by 2015.)

Maybe majority will be transferring over to work on Watch Dogs perhaps?

Well according to the CEO, Ubi will develop less "AAA" games for the next generation of consoles so it's possible. (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-12849-Ubisoft-to-Develop-Fewer--Bigger-AAA-Titles-for-Next-Gen.html)

We'll see whether this is true or if it applies to AC.

roostersrule2
09-22-2012, 01:24 AM
Well according to the CEO, Ubi will develop less "AAA" games for the next generation of consoles so it's possible. (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-12849-Ubisoft-to-Develop-Fewer--Bigger-AAA-Titles-for-Next-Gen.html)

We'll see whether this is true or if it applies to AC.I think it means the yearly releases for AC will be gone, and as long as we have adequate DLC I will be happy.

Locopells
09-22-2012, 01:36 AM
I wonder if Gabe will be sticking around more often now until we get to October 30th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju29aXGLkXg&feature=plcp

tjbyrum1
09-22-2012, 02:04 AM
I'm so hyped up, if I was a rocket ship, I'd blast off.

Subject J80
09-22-2012, 02:31 AM
Congrats to all the ACIII team!!!!

Layytez
09-22-2012, 02:32 AM
The real wait begins....

rileypoole1234
09-22-2012, 03:22 AM
Congrats Ubi!!!!!!;)

AlexEzio89
09-22-2012, 10:12 AM
congrats all ac team
and now start works for the next assasins creed game...after party of course :D

special tanks UBISOFT BUCHAREST ,because it is in my city the studio ,is to 2 streets for my house

in 10 mins arive to the studio
tonight i steal 1 copy to the ac 3 :D:D:D
i jokking :D

1 months and release the game

dex3108BL
09-22-2012, 11:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju29aXGLkXg&feature=plcp

Epic win XD I hope that UbiGabe will see this :D

BTW congratulation to AC3 team :D Now finish PC version an than go to deserved vacation :D

kalo.yanis
09-22-2012, 11:41 AM
So, they've completed the game, yet PC users still have to wait an additional month. :mad:

/rant

Locopells
09-22-2012, 11:42 AM
*grumble*

pacmanate
09-22-2012, 02:15 PM
So, they've completed the game, yet PC users still have to wait an additional month. :mad:

/rant

:P oh well, I will have the game and will tell you how awesome it is ;)

ACfan443
09-22-2012, 02:17 PM

/rant

Guess it'll have to be walkthrough videos for you guys, unless you can stay dark until then :P

FrankieSatt
09-22-2012, 02:21 PM
It's pretty close to the right time for the game to go "Gold". I would hope that by now they have completed it.

pacmanate
09-22-2012, 02:22 PM
It's pretty close to the right time for the game to go "Gold". I would hope that by now they have completed it.

Well they have... cause its gone gold...

FrankieSatt
09-22-2012, 02:34 PM
Well they have... cause its gone gold...

I don't remember seeing a post anyone on the forums saying the game has gone "Gold".

I guess we can call it confirmend by the facebook post but I would still like to see something official here on the forums.

LightRey
09-22-2012, 02:43 PM
*grumble*
pants. :|

EscoBlades
09-22-2012, 02:53 PM
I don't remember seeing a post anyone on the forums saying the game has gone "Gold".

I guess we can call it confirmend by the facebook post but I would still like to see something official here on the forums.

The game has gone Gold as confirmed by a few people working on it, including the Creative Director. A press release will probably go out at the start of next week.

pacmanate
09-22-2012, 03:14 PM
pants. :|

Underwear!

The game has gone Gold as confirmed by a few people working on it, including the Creative Director. A press release will probably go out at the start of next week.

Including a gamillion previews!

kudos17
09-22-2012, 03:51 PM

Huzzah!

Now everyone watch for leaks in the coming weeks till release :p I may have to go dark soon...

HisSpiritLives
09-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Huzzah!

Now everyone watch for leaks in the coming weeks till release :p I may have to go dark soon...

We can probably expect that.

tjbyrum1
09-22-2012, 04:52 PM
So... in essence, the game could have already been released, and we could all be playing it... right?

LightRey
09-22-2012, 04:56 PM
So... in essence, the game could have already been released, and we could all be playing it... right?
Not exactly. It still has to be burned onto disks and distributed to the various retailers.

nitres15
09-22-2012, 05:03 PM

i know you canīt talk about it but... how spoilerish is this info ?

KH_Austin
09-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Yay!! It's getting closer, guys!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mant5tTOIN1rggqwfo1_400.gif

tjbyrum1
09-22-2012, 05:19 PM
i know you canīt talk about it but... how spoilerish is this info ?

What exactly is a press release?

EscoBlades
09-22-2012, 05:22 PM
What exactly is a press release?

I was referring to a press release about the game going Gold. In effect, that is a PR released news piece, or information that gets relayed on by gaming sites and blogs :D

Slayer_WTF
09-22-2012, 05:24 PM
Since Slayer didn't post this in this thread yet i'll quote here :).

Thanks. :)

lothario-da-be
09-22-2012, 08:22 PM
with this news i realy can't wait anymore, it feels so close!

dewgel
09-22-2012, 09:12 PM
This is great news, I suspected it would be around now. Esco, you're normally quite generous with holding spoilers back in your previews, and I know you recently played the game, and you've got a preview coming next week and a few vids... How spoilery would you say they are? Enough to warn people to go dark or just little snippets?

EscoBlades
09-22-2012, 09:55 PM
This is great news, I suspected it would be around now. Esco, you're normally quite generous with holding spoilers back in your previews, and I know you recently played the game, and you've got a preview coming next week and a few vids... How spoilery would you say they are? Enough to warn people to go dark or just little snippets?

There are no major spoilers in my opinion.

nitres15
09-22-2012, 09:57 PM

gameplay or story wise ?

ShaneO7K
09-22-2012, 09:58 PM

Have you seen anything on Desmond or is that being kept under wraps from media aswell?

pacmanate
09-22-2012, 10:38 PM
It would be so awesome if the first disc of AC3 was a gold plated blu ray disc.... mmm

tjbyrum1
09-22-2012, 11:44 PM

So wait a minute... Esco already played the game? AND he's showing a preview next week? That's interesting.

Hey Esco, if you don't mind answering, do you have a lot of gameplay about combat? I'd really like to see more combat and specifically how it works.

Locopells
09-23-2012, 01:23 AM
You have a copy Esco?

RUN, BOY, RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EscoBlades
09-23-2012, 01:43 AM
Let me put it this way....remember that picture of the screen i took a few weeks ago? (posted on Twitter) Most of the previews will focus on that section of the game.

Now my definition of "major" spoilers may differ from yours. Just a heads up. Until the embargo drops, i can't mention anything specific. Lots of press sites will have coverage on Monday, so you'll get a good idea of what we saw and played soon. Also, Eurogamer Expo starts Thursday of next week, so will be bringing something from there too.

Hope that helps :D

Potato54321
09-23-2012, 02:01 AM
Sounds awesome!

Can you post the picture here for reference? I don't use twitter.

tjbyrum1
09-23-2012, 02:32 AM
Sounds awesome!

I'm with him, I'd like to see the pic as well.

roostersrule2
09-23-2012, 02:40 AM
Esco just a unrelated question but are frozen lakes still in the game? It got brought up in a different thread and we haven't heard or seen anything like that since march.

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 02:43 AM
Esco just a unrelated question but are frozen lakes still in the game? It got brought up in a different thread and we haven't heard or seen anything like that since march.
We haven't seen anything about Desmond either:p

Layytez
09-23-2012, 02:47 AM
Sounds awesome!

I'm with him, I'd like to see the pic as well.

http://a.yfrog.com/img876/1800/vr4ji.jpg

Potato54321
09-23-2012, 02:49 AM
*Mouth waters*

****, now I have to wait through Sunday.

roostersrule2
09-23-2012, 02:51 AM
We haven't seen anything about Desmond either:pI want it kept like that too so the Desmond moments are completely new, anyway that was purposefully done so that no Desmond things are spoiled. It will also make his parts more anticipated if we no nothing about him. The frozen lakes sounded like an awesome feature when I heard about it, I just though it would be shown off more.

*Edit- To that above picture, it looks a lot like AC1.

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 02:52 AM
I want it kept like that too so the Desmond moments are completely new, anyway that was purposefully done so that no Desmond things are spoiled. It will also make his parts more anticipated if we no nothing about him. The frozen lakes sounded like an awesome feature when I heard about it, I just though it would be shown off more.
Well....there are other things we haven't been shown...Not just that, so..

roostersrule2
09-23-2012, 02:54 AM
Well....there are other things we haven't been shown...Not just that, so..But they're not really announced yet so they can't show them really.

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 02:56 AM
But they're not really announced yet so they can't show them really.
Economic System ? Clubs ?

roostersrule2
09-23-2012, 03:09 AM
Economic System ? Clubs ?We know you can make money buy killing animals and selling them at general stores or by giving them to *****ers, though it's not explained fully. With the clubs I think they are just like faction challenges from ACB and ACR.

(The censored word is b u t c h e r s)

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 03:17 AM
We know you can make money buy killing animals and selling them at general stores or by giving them to *****ers, though it's not explained fully. With the clubs I think they are just like faction challenges from ACB and ACR.

(The censored word is b u t c h e r s)
Lakes will freeze in Winter..(Your Logic):)

I didnt say explain them, I said 'Show' and 'talk' about them..

roostersrule2
09-23-2012, 03:20 AM
Lakes will freeze in Winter..(Your Logic):)

I didnt say explain them, I said 'Show' and 'talk' about them..I can't show them or talk about them in detail, neither can you with the lakes freezing that's why I asked Esco.

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 03:24 AM
I can't show them or talk about them in detail, neither can you with the lakes freezing that's why I asked Esco.
im arguing the fact you saying "We haven't seen or heard anything about it":p

Because there are other things we haven't seen or heard about, but that shouldn't make any of us doubt these being in the game..

roostersrule2
09-23-2012, 03:29 AM
im arguing the fact you saying "We haven't seen or heard anything about it":p

Because there are other things we haven't seen or heard about, but that shouldn't make any of us doubt these being in the game..They have spoken about clubs though and the economy system was almost a given, but I agree with what you're saying though as just because they haven't talked about it doesn't mean it's not there.

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 03:30 AM
They have spoken about clubs though and the economy system was almost a given, but I agree with what you're saying though as just because they haven't talked about it doesn't mean it's not there.
As to not drag this any longer..

I`ll just stop here while we`re in semi-agreement;)

roostersrule2
09-23-2012, 03:34 AM
As to not drag this any longer..

I`ll just stop here while we`re in semi-agreement;)I am in full-agreement with this.;)

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 03:38 AM
I am in full-agreement with this.;)
Great:p

catkiller97
09-23-2012, 08:30 AM
Assassins Creed III development is finally completed.

Alex Hutchinson - "This finally ended in glory and Majesty, so now you just have to wait for the blessed departure date to enjoy this long-awaited game."

Spread the word Assassins!!

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/578568_447184938665239_49892136_n.jpg

Stroonzje
09-23-2012, 10:04 AM
Well, i think skyrim went Proper gold a day before release and had to release a patch because of a gamebreaking bug they forgot. and every shipment after that was a bugfixed version

ACfan443
09-23-2012, 10:13 AM
Assassins Creed III development is finally completed.

Spread the word Assassins!!

That's awesome! I'll put it in the opening post if you don't mind? :)

catkiller97
09-23-2012, 10:19 AM
i don't mind. :)

pacmanate
09-23-2012, 12:24 PM
2 Chinese people in the whole team, one indian asian and no black people.

EscoBlades
09-23-2012, 12:44 PM

That's not the whole team. Also, what does it matter in the grand scheme of things?

lothario-da-be
09-23-2012, 01:14 PM
I'am pretty sure thats just the core team that started working on ac3.

andreja110s
09-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Well what are they waiting for? GIVE US THE GAME!! :D
@ACfan443 could you give me the link to Alexīs facebook profile? I just canīt find him...

ACfan443
09-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Well what are they waiting for? GIVE US THE GAME!! :D
@ACfan443 could you give me the link to Alexīs facebook profile? I just canīt find him...

I don't have him on fb :(
The picture of the team was from catkiller97
The screenshot was from Slayer_WTF - himself and Dewgel have Alex on Facebook, you could try asking them :)

andreja110s
09-23-2012, 02:17 PM
I don't have him on fb :(
The picture of the team was from catkiller97
The screenshot was from Slayer_WTF - himself and Dewgel have Alex on Facebook, you could try asking them :)

OK thanks, i will :)

kriegerdesgottes
09-23-2012, 03:24 PM
That's not the whole team. Also, what does it matter in the grand scheme of things?

This.