PDA

View Full Version : Should I Even Pre-Order?

tjbyrum1
09-21-2012, 01:54 AM
I know there are those of you out there who spend tons of money pre-ordering, getting special and limited editions, and all that. And nothing is wrong with that... but when I saw Gamestop had some editions of AC3 for $114 I was surprised.

I mean, I've bought Brotherhood and Revelations brand new on their release date (even still have the receipts), but I did not pre-order them. I never preorder games. And I rarely buy them brand-spanking new.

It's just that I don't care for limited edition books, maps, items, collectibles, etc. I just want to pay for my game, and enjoy it. So is their any specific reason a person like me should pre-order AC3?

ZekNine-
09-21-2012, 01:59 AM
It's just that I don't care for limited edition books, maps, items, collectibles, etc. I just want to pay for my game, and enjoy it. So is their any specific reason a person like me should pre-order AC3?

Nope.

Sickull
09-21-2012, 02:11 AM
If the game is all you want then I guess...no

Locopells
09-21-2012, 02:29 AM
Only pre-order if you're getting it delivered (and you can do that for the basic edition). Otherwise, unless there's likely to be a shortage at the shop - no, don't bother.

ProletariatPleb
09-21-2012, 02:33 AM
Even I don't care about those gimmicky things. I just preorder to ensure I WILL have a copy in my hand at release.
I just preorder the standard edition, always.

Layytez
09-21-2012, 02:40 AM
I pre-order for the joy of waking up and finding my game waiting for me at the front door. There's no other feeling like it :)

tjbyrum1
09-21-2012, 03:04 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa... back up a second.

Are you telling me I can go on the Gamestop website, pre-order the standard copy, wake up October 30th, and find AC3 right there on my doorstep?

I always thought pre-order meant to 'reserve' a copy for my at the gamestore. Go there, pick it up... not having to worry if its sold-out.

And I originally thought pre-ordering meant you got it a week ahead of its scheduled release date. -_-

rileypoole1234
09-21-2012, 03:50 AM

Are you telling me I can go on the Gamestop website, pre-order the standard copy, wake up October 30th, and find AC3 right there on my doorstep?

I always thought pre-order meant to 'reserve' a copy for my at the gamestore. Go there, pick it up... not having to worry if its sold-out.

And I originally thought pre-ordering meant you got it a week ahead of its scheduled release date. -_-

That is true. Amazon does the same thing.

BBALive
09-21-2012, 03:51 AM

Yes. Alternatively you could order it from a different retailer depending which preorder incentive you prefer.

musicjcmerrr
09-21-2012, 05:19 AM
I would pre-order if your want a bundle or the special additions. If you just want the game, I'm pretty sure they won't run out.

Legendz54
09-21-2012, 05:27 AM
Im going for the midnight release so I'm going to have to preorder, but if i preorder online will i have a chance of getting it a day early?

DinoSteve1
09-21-2012, 05:54 AM
I know there are those of you out there who spend tons of money pre-ordering, getting special and limited editions, and all that. And nothing is wrong with that... but when I saw Gamestop had some editions of AC3 for $114 I was surprised.

I mean, I've bought Brotherhood and Revelations brand new on their release date (even still have the receipts), but I did not pre-order them. I never preorder games. And I rarely buy them brand-spanking new.

I'm in the same boat, I don't care about all that ****e, what I do care about is all the different DLC's that are about, I'd like a copy with all the dlc's on the disc or a code to download them.

Free_Hidings
09-21-2012, 08:20 AM
Well I want the game as soon as it's released, so I am pre ordering the cheapest edition I can, it comes with a bonus MP character so that's cool, if I could've got a cheaper one with no extra content maybe I would have but I will most likely end up buying all the DLC in the end :) Hoping there is at least 2 years between this game and the next so I can really get my moneys worth.

pacmanate
09-21-2012, 09:58 AM
no

Locopells
09-21-2012, 11:18 AM

Yeah - if you're in the US, you'll get the Mayan Ruins map as well. Or one of the other two if you go with a different retailer.