PDA

View Full Version : Is AC3 GotY Material?

tjbyrum1
09-21-2012, 01:44 AM
I know, I know - the game isn't out yet. And no, I am NOT some crazy fanatic fanboy here to spam "OMG THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!!"

No, I'm just wondering if you guys think that AC3 is GotY (Game of the Year) material. So far the game looks absolutely terrific. The cities, the frontier, hunting, combat, naval warfare, everything, it just looks well-done. I've been watching the Inside AC four-part series, and I have to say that the game is looking pretty impressive. In my opinion, the game is GotY material, and I'll be fairly surprised if it doesn't get GotY.

So, what do you think? What games do you think may compete with AC3 for GotY?

roostersrule2
09-21-2012, 02:03 AM
It has very little competition and even though I play on Xbox I've never liked Halo so I don't rate it and the only other big release is COD and if that gets it I'll shoot myself. So AC3 is a huge chance of GOTY.

ProletariatPleb
09-21-2012, 02:23 AM
Yes, for once Ubi has a proper GOTY contender.

As for competition, I can't say there is much:
Genetic Shooter 8(CoD) and Generic Shooter 4(Halo) - but shooters rarely win and I don't see it happening as of yet.
Mass Effect 3 will be there because of the amount of sales.
Max Payne 3?
Dishonored ofcourse.
Hitman: Absolution might be there

tjbyrum1
09-21-2012, 02:26 AM
It has very little competition and even though I play on Xbox I've never liked Halo so I don't rate it and the only other big release is COD and if that gets it I'll shoot myself. So AC3 is a huge chance of GOTY.

I totally agree with you on that. CoD and Halo never interested me much either.

roostersrule2
09-21-2012, 02:53 AM
I haven't really seen much of Dishonored but from what I have seen it has a interesting concept but as far as gameplay and story go I have no idea.

AssassinVenice
09-21-2012, 03:02 AM
Yeah, ACII is a powerful game , and it will be in the GOTY list but games like Borderlands 2 and Dishonored are also strong contenders for GOTY.

tjbyrum1
09-21-2012, 03:21 AM
Been looking at some Dishonored stuff and read it's wiki page.

Looks okay for a game, but not something for my tastes. Magic and spells and stuff doesn't interest me.

ProletariatPleb
09-21-2012, 03:28 AM
Been looking at some Dishonored stuff and read it's wiki page.

Looks okay for a game, but not something for my tastes. Magic and spells and stuff doesn't interest me.
I think it will be a brilliant game, well maybe it doesn't interest you and I can respect that, but the concept sounds awesome.

BBALive
09-21-2012, 03:45 AM
Definitely a strong contender for GOTY.

AC3 and Dishonored are going to be fighting it out for my personal GOTY.

rileypoole1234
09-21-2012, 03:58 AM
It's going to be a powerhouse contender for GOTY.

Assassin_M
09-21-2012, 04:03 AM
No.

roostersrule2
09-21-2012, 04:07 AM
No.What?

Assassin_M
09-21-2012, 04:12 AM
What?
I don't think its Game of the Year Material..

roostersrule2
09-21-2012, 04:25 AM
I don't think its Game of the Year Material..Why it's definitely going to be the best AC yet and as aforementioned by many people it has only 1 or 2 worthy contenders.

Assassin_M
09-21-2012, 04:29 AM
IM A FANBOY SUCKERS
Why it's definitely going to be the best AC yet and as aforementioned by many people it has only 1 or 2 worthy contenders.
The Greatness of AC III cannot be measure by our measly, mortal and Insignificant Calculations such as "Game of The Year"

ProletariatPleb
09-21-2012, 04:31 AM
Let me try and state it as simply as I can - ACIII is a proper GOTY contender but will it win? Doubtful, for all we know Spike VGA is rigged to death.

roostersrule2
09-21-2012, 04:34 AM
IM A FANBOY SUCKERS
The Greatness of AC III cannot be measure by our measly, mortal and Insignificant Calculations such as "Game of The Year"Ohhhh, well then I here by pronounce it GOTYF2012BATGGEAMTGOTYIE or lengthened too Game of the Year for 2012 but also the Greatest Game Ever as M thinks Game of the Year is not enough.

rileypoole1234
09-21-2012, 04:40 AM
IM A FANBOY SUCKERS
The Greatness of AC III cannot be measure by our measly, mortal and Insignificant Calculations such as "Game of The Year"

So you're it'll be better than than GOTY? Saying it won't be a contender would be a bit ignorant if I'm honest.

EDIT: It's late and I feel stupid for not realising the obvious...

Assassin_M
09-21-2012, 04:46 AM
So you're it'll be better than than GOTY? Saying it won't be a contender would be a bit ignorant if I'm honest.

EDIT: It's late and I feel stupid for not realising the obvious...
Ho Ho:p

cmrggamer
09-21-2012, 05:00 AM
I definitely think that AC3 is GotY material. The game looks amazing visually and I think what Ubisoft did with the gameplay is really impressive. The fact that trees are climbable and interactive is a huge development in gameplay mechanics and the world is so alive with the people who aren't just looping around on the same path and the animals free-running in the Frontier. They took the challenge and they have made a huge game, and I'm really excited to see what they do with the story :)

ProletariatPleb
09-21-2012, 05:05 AM
animals free-running in the Frontier.
Hahahaha

menacefox
09-21-2012, 06:28 AM
Well...

If Diablo 3 get's GotY - We will know the voting is rigged and they are just counting sales.
If Black Ops II wins GotY - Once again, we will know the voting is rigged and they are just counting sales.

Max Payne 3 - I enjoyed the game but I don't see it winning many awards. (Best Action Game, perhaps?)

The contenders for GotY = AC3, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3 and Guild Wars 2.
Dark Horse = ZombiU (The Nintendo Wii-U will make this game one-of-a-kind before it gets ported.)

DinoSteve1
09-21-2012, 06:35 AM
Do games this late in the year get a goty this year or do they have to wait until next year?

ProletariatPleb
09-21-2012, 06:40 AM
Do games this late in the year get a goty this year or do they have to wait until next year?
Well you see, GOTY is help by many different ones. The one that is regarded as the main event is from Spike. But there are others that do their own Video Game Awards as well and they include these games when they do. But Spike? No, those games are just lost in the mist.

Free_Hidings
09-21-2012, 08:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WGHeQw49ws&feature=fvst

:)

Oh and don't forget WWE 13 as one of the contenders for GOTY ;)

pacmanate
09-21-2012, 09:47 AM
If it doesn't win it is a fix. Do not know any other game out there that has had this much time and effort put in to it and produce amazing results.

pacmanate
09-21-2012, 09:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WGHeQw49ws&feature=fvst

Oh and don't forget WWE 13 as one of the contenders for GOTY ;)

WWE13 comes out the same day as AC3 this year, not a smart move...

If it doesn't win it is a fix. Do not know any other game out there that has had this much time and effort put in to it and produce amazing results.

Sushiglutton
09-21-2012, 10:01 AM
It's the prime candidate I believe from what I have seen/played this year.

D.I.D.
09-21-2012, 01:55 PM

Yes. The biggest releases of the year tend to come in Oct/Nov.

D.I.D.
09-21-2012, 01:59 PM

It all depends if it's actually fun though, since they're not handing out prizes for effort. If we get the kind of blandness served up by AC:R, all the prettiness in the world won't save it.

Borderlands 2 could easily win, and Dishonored has a strong chance if the experience backs up the promise.

tjbyrum1
09-21-2012, 05:15 PM
It all depends if it's actually fun though, since they're not handing out prizes for effort. If we get the kind of blandness served up by AC:R, all the prettiness in the world won't save it.

Borderlands 2 could easily win, and Dishonored has a strong chance if the experience backs up the promise.

Borderlands 1 was not fun for me at the slightest (I hope I used that word right), but perhaps I was missing something, so I can't speak for it. Dishonored looks decent, looks like a cyber-punk kind of Assassin's Creed.

A game about assassins during the American Revolution, or a game about assassins in cyber-punk England?

Free_Hidings
09-21-2012, 09:48 PM
Borderlands 1 was not fun for me at the slightest (I hope I used that word right), but perhaps I was missing something, so I can't speak for it. Dishonored looks decent, looks like a cyber-punk kind of Assassin's Creed.

A game about assassins during the American Revolution, or a game about assassins in cyber-punk England?

"Ezio is better than Altair because Ezio has better graphics"

LOOOOOOOOOOLLL

Yeah the only game I am interested in is AC3 this year.

BTW you guys think Ubisoft are bad, THQ have released a WWE game every year since about 2005. Seriously. And the fans hate it so much but they keep buying the games

BBALive
09-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Dishonored looks decent, looks like a cyber-punk kind of Assassin's Creed.

Yeah, no.

Dishonored isn't even cyberpunk, and the only thing it shares with Assassin's Creed is that you play as an assassin in both games.

tjbyrum1
09-21-2012, 11:17 PM
"Ezio is better than Altair because Ezio has better graphics"

LOOOOOOOOOOLLL

Yeah the only game I am interested in is AC3 this year.

BTW you guys think Ubisoft are bad, THQ have released a WWE game every year since about 2005. Seriously. And the fans hate it so much but they keep buying the games

Yeah, my signature is a reference to how people preferred Ezio over Altair for reasons that were only possible because Ezio was in a much newer game. "Ezio has a gun!" "Ezio has TWO hidden blades! Ezio can do this, and do that!" You know how it was.

NewBlade200
09-21-2012, 11:18 PM
As much as I like the AC series, I think it's best to wait before declaring any of these GotY material. For the sake of contributing I'd have to say that AC3 is the GotY for me and Dishonored is looking sexy as hell

projectpat06
09-22-2012, 04:39 AM
If it doesn't get game of the year, I would be highly surprised. Even if it came out last year, it still could compete with last year's contenders like Arkham City, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, etc.

NOLA_Assassin
09-22-2012, 06:01 AM
I think it has a strong chance of winning GOTY, it would probably win Action Adventure. I think Black Ops 2 will beat it in multiplayer and possibly story.

roostersrule2
09-22-2012, 06:07 AM
I think it has a strong chance of winning GOTY, it would probably win Action Adventure. I think Black Ops 2 will beat it in multiplayer and possibly story.You will want to delete that post and then rethink why you a here.

NOLA_Assassin
09-22-2012, 06:52 AM
You will want to delete that post and then rethink why you a here.

Excuse me?

Assassin_M
09-22-2012, 06:55 AM
Excuse me?
Vickie Guerrero Approves..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvebQdLolCQ

NOLA_Assassin
09-22-2012, 07:04 AM
Vickie Guerrero Approves..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvebQdLolCQ

I am very confused. Also Dishonored could win best story but it's really the one category that we have the least information on so we'll really just have to wait and see.

projectpat06
09-22-2012, 08:27 AM
I know, I know - the game isn't out yet. And no, I am NOT some crazy fanatic fanboy here to spam "OMG THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!!"

No, I'm just wondering if you guys think that AC3 is GotY (Game of the Year) material. So far the game looks absolutely terrific. The cities, the frontier, hunting, combat, naval warfare, everything, it just looks well-done. I've been watching the Inside AC four-part series, and I have to say that the game is looking pretty impressive. In my opinion, the game is GotY material, and I'll be fairly surprised if it doesn't get GotY.

So, what do you think? What games do you think may compete with AC3 for GotY?

Does a Bear s**t in the woods?? Duh, it's game of the year material. From everything we've been given, this game may just set a new bar for the open world game genre. I know AC1 did get repetitive but do you remember how u felt the first time playing it? It was unlike any other game made before. AC2 felt familiar, but it continuously left me in awe playing it the first time. When Arkham City came out last year, I had so much anticipation and of course loved every minute of it. There is now a game of the year edition. I feel the exact same way about AC3, and that hunch doesn;t come often. Game of the Year. Calling it now

freddie_1897
09-22-2012, 09:16 AM
I am very confused. Also Dishonored could win best story but it's really the one category that we have the least information on so we'll really just have to wait and see.
CoD is not known for its story. assassins creed is in depth and requires lots of thought. CoD's story, while fun and enjoyable. hasn't got a huge amount of depth to it. best multiplayer? definitely. but CoD isn't story based whereas dishonoured and Assassins creed are. so its more likely they will win that

freddie_1897
09-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Does a Bear s**t in the woods?? Duh, it's game of the year material. From everything we've been given, this game may just set a new bar for the open world game genre. I know AC1 did get repetitive but do you remember how u felt the first time playing it? It was unlike any other game made before. AC2 felt familiar, but it continuously left me in awe playing it the first time. When Arkham City came out last year, I had so much anticipation and of course loved every minute of it. There is now a game of the year edition. I feel the exact same way about AC3, and that hunch doesn;t come often. Game of the Year. Calling it now
what if that bear's in a zoo, or if its a polar bear?

projectpat06
09-22-2012, 09:25 AM
CoD is not known for its story. assassins creed is in depth and requires lots of thought. CoD's story, while fun and enjoyable. hasn't got a huge amount of depth to it. best multiplayer? definitely. but CoD isn't story based whereas dishonoured and Assassins creed are. so its more likely they will win that

In COD's defense, the last Black Ops actually had a really good story to it unlike the others along with some great voice acting from known talents like Sam Worthington, Ed Harris, and Gary Oldman. Assassin's Creed's story is much different and obviously great. Saying one story is better than another is just matter of opinion. For me it's like comparing Lost to Prison Break. Both are incredible shows to me but I'm sure some people like one story over the other.

YuurHeen
09-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Think mass effect 3 will win game of the year this year.

oh and also not thinking this will be the best ac game.

projectpat06
09-22-2012, 09:38 AM
Think mass effect 3 will win game of the year this year.

oh and also not thinking this will be the best ac game.

And as a huge fan of Mass Effect, I loved the combat, the graphics, and the story of ME3 (even the ending wasn't bad to me), but the fact that they took out all exploration instead of expanding on what they had in ME1 plus no option to holster your weapon killed it for me. The game was awesome but still bothered me. I think AC3 will beat it mainly because of its emersion. Something that ME1 nailed then slowly got worse over the series.

AND JUST CURIOUS but why do think this won't be the best AC game and which is the best to u?

roostersrule2
09-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Excuse me?Was not meant personally, it's just that when you compare COD and AC in the story department on an AC forum you know which one is gonna win. As for the MP well it's COD's only selling point so it is quite enjoyable but only for an hour or so.

YuurHeen
09-22-2012, 10:27 AM
And as a huge fan of Mass Effect, I loved the combat, the graphics, and the story of ME3 (even the ending wasn't bad to me), but the fact that they took out all exploration instead of expanding on what they had in ME1 plus no option to holster your weapon killed it for me. The game was awesome but still bothered me. I think AC3 will beat it mainly because of its emersion. Something that ME1 nailed then slowly got worse over the series.
AND JUST CURIOUS but why do think this won't be the best AC game and which is the best to u?

While i agree lots of things sucked in me3 both in gameplay (lame side missions and only 1 hub) and story (why al your choises never really mattered) I also think lots of things were super great. think the previous games made enough fans that stil want to vote for this one.

about ac3
It will be very different then previous ac games which can be great except that it brings lots of things that look great at first but will be boring fast (animal hunting and sea wars) and keeps things that dont awards skills. (like being able to play rambo without any difficulty)
the feeling i get from all promotional clips and interviews is that the main goal of this game is to attract new players in the age of 12-18 which im not.

and btw why no one mentioning sleeping dogs, far cry 3 or darksiders 2?

NOLA_Assassin
09-22-2012, 01:17 PM

I know, but I think Black Ops 2 has great potential, whether they use this potential well is to be seen.

tjbyrum1
09-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Why exactly do people keep mentioning CoD?

I'm not bashing the game, or trying to start a flame war, it just baffles me why people like this game. I've played and beat the campaigns on 2, 3, MW1, MW2, and BlOps, and they were decent. The online was horrid. It was just a bunch of mindless people running frantically, shooting at anything that moves, and instantly respawning. I had absolutely no fun in the game. There was no point to it... no fun... no strategy, no teamwork, no tactics... it wasn't at all what I thought it was going to be. I don't see what people find in this game.

Again, just stating my thoughts and opinions here, not bashing the game.

ProletariatPleb
09-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Why exactly do people keep mentioning CoD?

I'm not bashing the game, or trying to start a flame war, it just baffles me why people like this game. I've played and beat the campaigns on 2, 3, MW1, MW2, and BlOps, and they were decent. The online was horrid. It was just a bunch of mindless people running frantically, shooting at anything that moves, and instantly respawning. I had absolutely no fun in the game. There was no point to it... no fun... no strategy, no teamwork, no tactics... it wasn't at all what I thought it was going to be. I don't see what people find in this game.

Again, just stating my thoughts and opinions here, not bashing the game.
I don't know, I don't see a point in adding generic military shooters as a contender because GOTY can't be that much, it needs to be something innovative, or new, or awesome.
(Not saying that happens, last year's TES V was enough proof for me.)

Soulid_Snake
09-22-2012, 03:59 PM
I hope AC3 wins GOTY, it is most worthly! But, the S**** that is Mass Effect 3 will probably win it!

tjbyrum1
09-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Honestly, I don't see ANY possible way for Call of Duty to ever win GotY. Perhaps when it first came out, sure, but now? No way. Again, I'm not bashing the game. It's nothing new, offers very little, and is a poor experience. Sorry, that's my opinion, but I'm 100% positive everyone has that on their mind.

Mass Effect 3, I ain't got a clue, cause I ain't played it... nor any of the earlier installments.

EDIT: Forget it. I admit it, CoD is terrible. I hate it with a passion. It is worthless, pointless, absolutely terrible. I don't understand why it has such a large fanbase. Games like CoD ruin the video game personality.

Slayer_WTF
09-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Mmh.. propabily AC3, Halo 4, Dishonored, Mass Effect 3, Far Cry 3 or maybe Max Payne 3.

freddie_1897
09-22-2012, 06:01 PM
i think its biggest rival is dishonored. Mass effects good, but for something like GoTY its unlikely simply due to the ending. one thing can make or break a game. Halo 4 i think is a lot of build up for something good, but not that good

ProletariatPleb
09-22-2012, 06:07 PM
i think its biggest rival is dishonored. Mass effects good, but for something like GoTY its unlikely simply due to the ending. one thing can make or break a game. Halo 4 i think is a lot of build up for something good, but not that good
Dishonored yeah
Hitman:Absolution as well I'd say.
Mass Effect 3 is a no-go IMO.
Half 4 is generic shooter so again I would guess no.

freddie_1897
09-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Dishonored yeah
Hitman:Absolution as well I'd say.
Mass Effect 3 is a no-go IMO.
hitman absolution possibly, but it hasn't been as hyped

ProletariatPleb
09-22-2012, 06:54 PM
hitman absolution possibly, but it hasn't been as hyped
You never know...and this all works in an ideal world, not rigged contests :P

tjbyrum1
09-22-2012, 06:56 PM
What exactly determines GotY?

Which organization is the one that counts? As in, they have 'Game of the Year Edition' at the top of the cases?

ProletariatPleb
09-22-2012, 06:57 PM
What exactly determines GotY?

Which organization is the one that counts? As in, they have 'Game of the Year Edition' at the top of the cases?
Well the VGA(Video Game Awards) that are usually considered the main event are of Spike I believe.

Locopells
09-22-2012, 06:58 PM
It's been pretty hyped - it's the first one for 6 years, after all.

Ielgon
09-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Well seeing as Assassin's Creed 2 was GOTY (I think?) and it was a sequel that was completely "new" and how ACB and ACR didn't win GOTY (not sure, but I never saw anything about it) I'm fairly sure that Assassin's Creed 3 will be GOTY again!

That and the developers deserve it for all the hard work they've put into the game! (Not that other developers haven't worked hard on their respective titles, in fact I feel all of them deserve awards, but Assassin's Creed 3 is the "biggest" title of a series that hasn't existed as long as the other possible contenders to come out this year).

Slayer_WTF
09-22-2012, 07:02 PM
Dishonored yeah

What does this mean? Even COD 4 was a generic FPS, but won the GOTY.I am following the development of Halo 4, despite not buy it, and the 343rd are really doing a good job. They were all like them, we'll play a lot more carefully.

ProletariatPleb
09-22-2012, 07:03 PM
Well seeing as Assassin's Creed 2 was GOTY (I think?) and it was a sequel that was completely "new" and how ACB and ACR didn't win GOTY (not sure, but I never saw anything about it) I'm fairly sure that Assassin's Creed 3 will be GOTY again!

That and the developers deserve it for all the hard work they've put into the game! (Not that other developers haven't worked hard on their respective titles, in fact I feel all of them deserve awards, but Assassin's Creed 3 is the "biggest" title of a series that hasn't existed as long as the other possible contenders to come out this year).

Sorry, nope.
http://i.imgur.com/WEGjy.png

What does this mean? Even COD 4 was a generic FPS, but won the GOTY.I am following the development of Halo 4, despite not buy it, and the 343rd are really doing a good job. They were all like them, we'll play a lot more carefully.

No it didn't? Check above.

Ielgon
09-22-2012, 07:04 PM
Sorry, nope.

http://i.imgur.com/qqQoC.png

Ok, I got confused because there are a lot of different "GOTY awards" (like different sites and magazines have their own and then there's an official one apparently) so it's hard to keep track of who is the "official" winner!

Slayer_WTF
09-22-2012, 07:05 PM
Oh, I forgot Borderlands 2.

tjbyrum1
09-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Assassin's Creed really messed up when they made Brotherhood and Revelations... 'milked' is what it was, honestly.

Originally that had planned for three AC: I, II, and III. Originally, it was going to be like "ACI, then ACII, and then ACIII." Released consistently over the course of the past years.

But after ACII, I believe Ubisoft just practically copied and pasted the code from ACII and gave it to some amateur game designers, but they said "Here, just make sure it has these plot elements in it, go at it." And thus, Brotherhood and Revelations were born.

But still, the amount of features and the fact that Constantinople was created is still a fairly large task to complete. But I still say they milked the series after ACII, WHILE working on ACIII. I'd rather just consider Bro and Rev as spin-offs.

EDIT: And just by the way, I doubt Sleeping Dogs will be GotY. I mean, sure I've played, and sure, it was cool (especially the fighting... oh so cool!!), but it was forgettable... no replay value... just not fun after you beat it... and it got repetitive, especially since practically every single mission included fist fighting.

Ielgon
09-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Assassin's Creed really messed up when they made Brotherhood and Revelations... 'milked' is what it was, honestly.

Originally that had planned for three AC: I, II, and III. Originally, it was going to be like "ACI, then ACII, and then ACIII." Released consistently over the course of the past years.

But after ACII, I believe Ubisoft just practically copied and pasted the code from ACII and gave it to some amateur game designers, but they said "Here, just make sure it has these plot elements in it, go at it." And thus, Brotherhood and Revelations were born.

But still, the amount of features and the fact that Constantinople was created is still a fairly large task to complete. But I still say they milked the series after ACII, WHILE working on ACIII. I'd rather just consider Bro and Rev as spin-offs.

They were that way because the "experienced" team was busy with AC3. They had to compete in the market or otherwise there wouldn't be enough money to continue with the series so they had to release one each year to stay in the race so to speak. Because the experienced people were busy with AC3 they gave ACB and ACR to the younger team so they could make one each year, so that's why certain additions (multiplayer being the biggest) were made without there being a massive change and why the base code of the games was the same, making it look like a copy and paste job. I think the multiplayer this time is also done by the younger team but since they only have to focus on multiplayer this time (while the experienced team works on singleplayer) it will hopefully be a major improvement.

tjbyrum1
09-22-2012, 07:24 PM
They were that way because the "experienced" team was busy with AC3. They had to compete in the market or otherwise there wouldn't be enough money to continue with the series so they had to release one each year to stay in the race so to speak. Because the experienced people were busy with AC3 they gave ACB and ACR to the younger team so they could make one each year, so that's why certain additions (multiplayer being the biggest) were made without there being a massive change and why the base code of the games was the same, making it look like a copy and paste job. I think the multiplayer this time is also done by the younger team but since they only have to focus on multiplayer this time (while the experienced team works on singleplayer) it will hopefully be a major improvement.

Makes sense.

****, I just keep getting schooled on these forums left and right.

freddie_1897
09-22-2012, 07:27 PM
i like bethesda though because they don't milk franchises. none of there games are yearly, the elder scrolls is always a nail biting 5 or 6 years until the next release (which i hope is in either Elsweyr, hammerfell or Valenwood) and i think thats a good thing. because the elder scrolls games are always absolute quality. give the AC3 team 6 or 7 years to make a AC game on next gen consoles and who knows what kind of amazing game they would pull out.

oh and Redguards are the best

Ielgon
09-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Makes sense.

****, I just keep getting schooled on these forums left and right.

You have much to learn, young grasshopper.

Nah joke, you have more posts than me! Don't see it as being schooled. You say something and someone else works out that point, that's all it is. ^^

ProletariatPleb
09-22-2012, 07:35 PM
i like bethesda though because they don't milk franchises. none of there games are yearly, the elder scrolls is always a nail biting 5 or 6 years until the next release (which i hope is in either Elsweyr, hammerfell or Valenwood) and i think thats a good thing. because the elder scrolls games are always absolute quality. give the AC3 team 6 or 7 years to make a AC game on next gen consoles and who knows what kind of amazing game they would pull out.

I dunno, I didn't feel the "quality" in Skyrim, unnecessary retread of previously done betters and Toddler Howard's promises turned out to be lies again, enjoyed it, but not as much as Cyrodiil in Oblivion.

trane123455
09-22-2012, 07:36 PM
in my opinion no game can'τ compete assassins creed 3 is very powerfull game and is going to get the goty title if that pleases you is the game of the year "the ultimate video game"

tjbyrum1
09-22-2012, 08:08 PM

To say that Bethesda puts a lot of time and effort in their games is truth.

But to say ANY of their games are absolute quality is entirely false. And no, it is NOT a matter of opinion. And before I begin my rant, just know that I have played Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. I hate them with a passion now,

Don't get me wrong though - the depth, the story, the idea, the concept, the mechanics - they all fall perfectly into place. It's a great idea, and Bethesda certainly has the talent to brainstorm a game.. but to pull it off? pfffttt!

Let me explain. The animations are horrid. Absolutely horrid. Play Skyrim and walk in all directions. It's terrible! Walk up angled slopes, even steps, it's terrible! I played Ratchet and Clank UYA yesterday on my PS2 and it had better walking animations in it! It looks pitiful, honestly. It's not omnidirectional. And you can't deny that, that is fact.

Even the combat is horrendous. Sure, I like the idea of it. The stats, the skills, the professions, the abilities, it's all good ideas, but the visual combat is horrendous. Two people hacking at one another until one falls to the ground. It never even looks like your weapon ever makes contact, it just acts like it slips through thin air.

It's like a really creative architect who is a very bad builder. Nothing Bethesda makes (TES, Fallout, and I bet even Dishonoured) are NOT absolute quality.

/rant

ProletariatPleb
09-22-2012, 08:11 PM
They're referred to as "Bugthesda" for a reason you know :D
Anyhow, we're going offtopic here, AC3 is a good goty contender, but will it win? Depends on Spike's rigging, lol.

lothario-da-be
09-22-2012, 08:17 PM
I'am almost sure it wil be game of the year. And i will eat my own socks if black ops 2 wins over ac!

ProletariatPleb
09-22-2012, 08:22 PM
I'am almost sure it wil be game of the year. And i will eat my own socks if black ops 2 wins over ac!
CoD will never win :P Military shooter, fat chance.

lothario-da-be
09-22-2012, 08:24 PM
you never know with those corrupt templar journalists :p

Ielgon
09-22-2012, 08:25 PM
To say that Bethesda puts a lot of time and effort in their games is truth.

But to say ANY of their games are absolute quality is entirely false. And no, it is NOT a matter of opinion. And before I begin my rant, just know that I have played Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. I hate them with a passion now,

Don't get me wrong though - the depth, the story, the idea, the concept, the mechanics - they all fall perfectly into place. It's a great idea, and Bethesda certainly has the talent to brainstorm a game.. but to pull it off? pfffttt!

Let me explain. The animations are horrid. Absolutely horrid. Play Skyrim and walk in all directions. It's terrible! Walk up angled slopes, even steps, it's terrible! I played Ratchet and Clank UYA yesterday on my PS2 and it had better walking animations in it! It looks pitiful, honestly. It's not omnidirectional. And you can't deny that, that is fact.

Even the combat is horrendous. Sure, I like the idea of it. The stats, the skills, the professions, the abilities, it's all good ideas, but the visual combat is horrendous. Two people hacking at one another until one falls to the ground. It never even looks like your weapon ever makes contact, it just acts like it slips through thin air.

It's like a really creative architect who is a very bad builder. Nothing Bethesda makes (TES, Fallout, and I bet even Dishonoured) are NOT absolute quality.

/rant

That's because they spend most of their time working on the actual gameplay and graphical effects, but not on what the player actually tends to see the most (their own character), why don't they? The answer is simple: The game is meant for first person. They've been saying this since Morrowind, their old games were first person and that's how they intend them (the third person is just a bonus and not meant to be seriously played in, only for looking at your own character and cool shots). That's also why combat in first person works fine but combat in third person is hard, imprecise and just awful. The presence of the third person option leads players to believe that is actually how it is meant/a serious option, bethesda themselves have said multiple times that it's not and that they design their game around that it will be played in first person.

It doesn't excuse the rather bad animations for NPC's and all that though but it does sort of show why the worst offender's (the player character) animations are so horrible. In first person they look fine, it's because the first and third person animations are the same. The animation is meant for a first person perspective (in which they look fine) but the same animations in third person look quite lacking...

Also keep in mind how big the game actually is and all the system at work and to me it's quite easy to forgive the horrible animations.

Love the games and have spent years playing them! ^^

Slayer_WTF
09-22-2012, 08:28 PM

I repeat: COD 4 was named one of the GOTY 2007. :p

There is also the GOTY Edition:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Call-Duty-4-Modern-Warfare-PS3-GOTY-edition-/00/s/MjYwWDI2MA==/$(KGrHqFHJCME-h--7GLzBP)OJrB56g~~60_35.JPG

ProletariatPleb
09-22-2012, 08:39 PM
I repeat: COD 4 was named one of the GOTY 2007. :p

There is also the GOTY Edition:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Call-Duty-4-Modern-Warfare-PS3-GOTY-edition-/00/s/MjYwWDI2MA==/$(KGrHqFHJCME-h--7GLzBP)OJrB56g~~60_35.JPG
It wasn't the main Spike TV GOTY, that way so many magazines give GOTY to different games, and GOTY edition only means extra stuff, patches.

Soulid_Snake
09-22-2012, 10:56 PM
Honestly, I don't see ANY possible way for Call of Duty to ever win GotY. Perhaps when it first came out, sure, but now? No way. Again, I'm not bashing the game. It's nothing new, offers very little, and is a poor experience. Sorry, that's my opinion, but I'm 100% positive everyone has that on their mind.

Mass Effect 3, I ain't got a clue, cause I ain't played it... nor any of the earlier installments.

EDIT: Forget it. I admit it, CoD is terrible. I hate it with a passion. It is worthless, pointless, absolutely terrible. I don't understand why it has such a large fanbase. Games like CoD ruin the video game personality.

Same here, I hate COD! I thought, I'd give it a chance and the result, well let's just say the the disc the game came on was better quality and teabags using your PSN name for comic relief, doesn't help the cause. When was the last time you heard someone talking about it's single player campaign? What is the point of even announcing a new title every year, people know it's gonna come. I regret putting the crap in my PS3, it's been tainted with it's trophies!

tjbyrum1
09-22-2012, 11:40 PM
Same here, I hate COD! I thought, I'd give it a chance and the result, well let's just say the the disc the game came on was better quality and teabags using your PSN name for comic relief, doesn't help the cause. When was the last time you heard someone talking about it's single player campaign? What is the point of even announcing a new title every year, people know it's gonna come. I regret putting the crap in my PS3, it's been tainted with it's trophies!

Oh goodness me! Burn it, burn it now!

Soulid_Snake
09-23-2012, 12:04 AM
Oh goodness me! Burn it, burn it now!

I sold it and three other copies on ebay, to 4 victims... Sorry I mean gamers! I really do wish you had the options to delete trophies, argh!

TheDeceptor
09-23-2012, 12:09 AM
Does the pope **** in the woods?

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 12:09 AM
I sold it and three other copies on ebay, to 4 victims... Sorry I mean gamers! I really do wish you had the options to delete trophies, argh!
How long did it reside inside your console ??

tjbyrum1
09-23-2012, 12:34 AM

Don't say, don't say, save us the horror!

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 12:37 AM
It lasted 2 Minutes in Mine, and it showed bad symptoms. Red Dead no longer works..

Locopells
09-23-2012, 01:15 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4osks2WIJs

NOLA_Assassin
09-23-2012, 04:02 PM
You people are crazy, COD is awesome. Any who, I think AC 3 has an advantage over Dishonored as I believe it's more ambitious and has a larger scale.

tjbyrum1
09-23-2012, 05:42 PM
You people are crazy, COD is awesome. Any who, I think AC 3 has an advantage over Dishonored as I believe it's more ambitious and has a larger scale.

Let's stop talking about CoD. Agree to disagree, we all have opinions.

But yes, I do believe Dishonored will be a contender, but I don't think it is nearly as ambitious or anticipated as AC3.

lothario-da-be
09-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Let's stop talking about CoD. Agree to disagree, we all have opinions.

But yes, I do believe Dishonored will be a contender, but I don't think it is nearly as ambitious or anticipated as AC3.
This

FirestarLuva
09-23-2012, 08:33 PM
I think AC3 has really high potential to be Game of the Year. I hope it wins. The only competition I see is AC3, Halo 4 and Dishonored.

Soulid_Snake
09-23-2012, 11:02 PM

The funny thing is I was just thinking about that quote, a couple of days back, I really need to finish San Andreas.

Horrific, does pretty much summarize it! You come out more damaged than you go in!

About 4 hours!

Though, I admit, there is one COD I do like ;):

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EeTzlU_BzDQ/TkHM2_ltEEI/AAAAAAAAAZY/cuj3gvjUBRg/s1600/Atlantic_cod.jpg