PDA

View Full Version : Which platform looks to be the best for AC3?

Free_Hidings
09-21-2012, 12:29 AM
Excluding PC of course.

It's well known that many games are made on the Xbox and then ported to the PS3, and often the PS3 is lower in quality because of this. In the past Assassin's Creed games, I think Xbox had the edge, with PS3 gaining each year but remaining behind.

With Revelations, according to an analysis on Head2Head, the PS3 actually appears to have better detail and textures than the Xbox, but a slightly lower frame rate.

So, which console port of Assassin's Creed 3 looks to have superior graphics / frame rate?

This will not influence my buying desicion, just wondering what people think.

And I suppose Wii U should get an honourary mention, haven't seen any good footage from there yet though.

Locopells
09-21-2012, 12:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PySyY67HIB4&feature=youtu.be

MetalCreed
09-21-2012, 12:45 AM
PS3 breh.
Pretty sure the fact that PS3 gets 60 minute worth of exclusive content should mean something.

Locopells
09-21-2012, 12:51 AM
Not really - all it means is Sony made a deal with Ubi...

rileypoole1234
09-21-2012, 01:37 AM
I'd say PS3 just because of the fact that AC1 was going to be a PS3 exclusive. I've played all of them on Xbox and PS3 and I didn't notice any major differences.

Free_Hidings
09-21-2012, 02:15 AM
I'd say PS3 just because of the fact that AC1 was going to be a PS3 exclusive. I've played all of them on Xbox and PS3 and I didn't notice any major differences.

But wasn't AC1-ACB better on Xbox due to bad optimization or something? The exclusive content is awesome but I am talking purely graphics and performance rather than content

ProletariatPleb
09-21-2012, 02:51 AM
http://i.imgur.com/97iRs.jpg

My reaction :P

NOLA_Assassin
09-21-2012, 02:54 AM
The extra content probably means that the PS3 is worse and they have to compensate...

ProletariatPleb
09-21-2012, 03:00 AM
The extra content probably means that the PS3 is worse and they have to compensate...
LOL! No it just means Ubi and Sony have a 'hideous' deal :mad:

BBALive
09-21-2012, 03:49 AM
PS3 has exclusive content, but on the other hand multiplats usually, if not always, run and look better on the 360. The WiiU will probably be the superior console version though (true 1080p, superior hardware)

PC is obviously the superior platform though.

Shaxy
09-21-2012, 03:53 AM
I'm not sure how different the PS360 versions look since E3. However judging of those builds, the WiiU is superior in visuals. Noticeable but not a massive amount; after all its only a port. I'm pretty sure the WiiU version is 1080p native as-well.

Link for WiiU Screenshots
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/368301/assassins-creed-3-wii-u-screens-released/

Sample

http://s17.postimage.org/ufjbg7h73/ACIII_Naval_Chesapeake_Chain_Shot_SCREENSHOT.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/6bsjrwyq3/full/)

And in terms of actual content i guess the PS3 version has the most without any CE or SE.

Assassin_M
09-21-2012, 03:57 AM
You shouldn't compare Screenshots..

Shaxy
09-21-2012, 03:59 AM
You shouldn't compare Screenshots..

Most AC3 footage for WiiU is off screen - and even the direct videos are from older builds.

roostersrule2
I'm not sure how different the PS360 versions look since E3. However judging of those builds, the WiiU is superior in visuals. Noticeable but not a massive amount; after all its only a port. I'm pretty sure the WiiU version is 1080p native as-well.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/368301/assassins-creed-3-wii-u-screens-released/

Sample

http://s17.postimage.org/ufjbg7h73/ACIII_Naval_Chesapeake_Chain_Shot_SCREENSHOT.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/6bsjrwyq3/full/)

And in terms of actual content i guess the PS3 version has the most without any CE or SE.HOLY CRAP the snowmen were real!

ProletariatPleb
PS3 has exclusive content, but on the other hand multiplats usually, if not always, run and look better on the 360. The WiiU will probably be the superior console version though (true 1080p, superior hardware)

Like these two have stated Wii U has the superior hardware, hell it supports DirectX11 features, that's superior enough.
So Wii U looks to be the best, in terms of visuals atleast.
(of course then we have the PC)

PS - Those screenshots look...bullshotty to me.

BBALive
09-21-2012, 04:00 AM
And in terms of actual content i guess the PS3 version has the most without any CE or SE.

You shouldn't use bullshots when comparing graphics.

Assassin_M
09-21-2012, 04:01 AM
Most AC3 footage for WiiU is off screen - and even the direct videos are from older builds.
So ?? I still don't see a reason to compare Bull shots. These are Doctored to look VERY Awesome..too Awesome.
That does not mean that I do not agree with you regarding the Superiority of the WII U, though

Shaxy
09-21-2012, 04:03 AM
So ?? I still don't see a reason to compare Bull shots.

You shouldn't use bullshots when comparing graphics.

Bullshots? Care to elaborate? These screenshots happen to be on the official Nintendo Website as well as the Press site. That means nothing, right?

ProletariatPleb
09-21-2012, 04:05 AM
Bullshots? Care to elaborate? These screenshots happen to be on the official Nintendo Website as well as the Press site. That means nothing, right?
Bullshots are edited images, in simple terms, they're screenshots, enhanced with image editing tools.

rileypoole1234
09-21-2012, 04:06 AM
But wasn't AC1-ACB better on Xbox due to bad optimization or something? The exclusive content is awesome but I am talking purely graphics and performance rather than content

The only AC that I've actually noticed running slower any time is the the downloaded version of AC1 on PS3, but I'm sure that's just because it's a download.

Shaxy
09-21-2012, 04:12 AM
Bullshots are edited images, in simple terms, they're screenshots, enhanced with image editing tools.

Ah, thanks :)

Well, even so i doubt it. I mean it's not that hard to believe a next generation system running a current generation game noticeably better.

Assassin_M
09-21-2012, 04:14 AM
Ah, thanks :)

Well, even so i doubt it. I mean it's not that hard to believe a next generation system running a current generation game noticeably better.
Sorry I should have elaborated more..

Also, I have no doubt that AC III may have superior performance in terms of Console play on the WII U, but the Visuals will likely be the same for the 3 consoles...

Shaxy
09-21-2012, 04:18 AM

Also, I have no doubt that AC III may have superior performance in terms of Console play on the WII U, but the Visuals will likely be the same for the 3 consoles...

No problem :)

Well maybe your right that is if those screenshots are Bullshots. Oh well doesn't matter really, am in it for the game-play. Guess we'll find out when it launches.

I'm out, Cu.

ProletariatPleb
09-21-2012, 04:18 AM
^This. Unless Ubi are using the WiiU to it's full potential by making effort towards it, I doubt the visuals will be much better from the other consoles.

Legendz54
09-21-2012, 05:04 AM
There might be a little bit of lighting differences between Xbox and PS3 but they look exactly the same, No console looks superior than the other here.

http://youtu.be/2v4Fq6wg0_k

Free_Hidings
09-21-2012, 08:01 AM

Hahahah that was actually really good

ProletariatPleb
09-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Hahahah that was actually really good
Well I tried :P Thanks.

EscoBlades
09-21-2012, 08:16 AM
Get it for whichever you prefer. Personal choice.

Threads like this inevitable lead to childish console wars as people seek to justify their platform choice to themselves and everyone else.

pacmanate
09-21-2012, 09:57 AM
PS3 breh.
Pretty sure the fact that PS3 gets 60 minute worth of exclusive content should mean something.

Pretty sure it means that Sony and Ubisoft have a deal, not that it is "superior".

Just because it was meant for PS3 does not make PS3 superior. The PS3 suffers every year compared to the Xbox 360 version in terms of frame rate and screen tear. Only exception is revelations and Ubi have gotten better with ports every year.

This is also not right.

This statement is true.

I wouldn't be so sure. I was reading some stuff on the Wii U and 3rd Party games run at 1080p 60fps. Visually it will look better on Wii U, but not massively. Then again we don't really know because we haven't got footage from all 3 consoles yet of the same thing. Alex said the Wii U would have the same graphics as consoles but I think it will be better as it does have better hardware.

Ielgon
09-21-2012, 10:49 AM

Threads like this inevitable lead to childish console wars as people seek to justify their platform choice to themselves and everyone else.

Listen to the wise man people! Don't let it happen.

I think all versions will look the same visually (especially if you look at the ingame footage of the japanese WiiU boston video, it looks the same as the PS3 footage we've seen so far) but WiiU will have the edge with a consistent and/or higher framerate (since the hardware is new of course, so it's easier for it to keep up).

That being said I think this time PS3 and Xbox will finally be exactly the same in both looks and performance, revelations was amazingly close for both of them for being a multiplatform game so AC3 will probably be the "perfect" one. Aren't they developing for PS3 again this time (since the first footage we saw and a lot of the other footage was PS3, we've only started seeing Xbox footage recently and then only on screens in making of videos)? Supposedly AC1 and AC2 were made with PS3 in mind and then with ACB and ACR they went Xbox, maybe for this next numbered title they'll go PS3 again?

Also: The extra content means nothing people! It's neither an indication of the "main" console nor an apology, it's just an exclusivity deal Sony has with Ubisoft to give their platform a couple of extra missions to give their version an "edge" over the other so more people will buy on PS3.

Sushiglutton
09-21-2012, 11:01 AM

Haha that was brilliant :)!!!

I'm going for the PC version.

Locopells
09-21-2012, 11:08 AM

Like the Genie said...

Jamiedwi
09-21-2012, 05:02 PM
I may be wrong but didnt they develop AC3 on the xbox (at least they use 360 controllers in the dev diaries) so surely it would be better on the Xbox than the ps3.
That said of course it will look better on pc and then wii U than either of them due to the hardware
Also the difference between the consoles will likely be so miniscule you wont be able to see it.

ProletariatPleb
09-21-2012, 05:06 PM
I may be wrong but didnt they develop AC3 on the xbox (at least they use 360 controllers in the dev diaries) so surely it would be better on the Xbox than the ps3.
Yep, multiplatform games are always developed with the Xbox in mind.

tjbyrum1
09-21-2012, 05:12 PM
I have an Xbox and a PS3 and I've played them extensively, so I can speak for both sides.

In fact, I have Assassin's Creed I and AC Brotherhood for both consoles. I also have Red Dead Redemption, Battlefield: Bad Company, NCAA Football 09, The Force Unleashed, and UFC 2010, for both consoles*. And yes, I've played them on both consoles.

From my experience, the Xbox is better at everything. Everything on my Xbox 360 (which is the Gears of War 3 Edition) saves faster, loads faster, downloads faster, installs faster, runs smoother, and looks better. Let's not forget the Xbox has a much better user interface. When I buy games, and I rarely do, I always get them for my Xbox 360 cause I find it better.

*I have games on both consoles (and even have two of the same games on one console) because my dad picks them up VERY cheap at the flea market (the 'Jockey Lot'). He can find any AC game out there for 5-10 bucks.

Free_Hidings
09-21-2012, 09:52 PM
I have an Xbox and a PS3 and I've played them extensively, so I can speak for both sides.

In fact, I have Assassin's Creed I and AC Brotherhood for both consoles. I also have Red Dead Redemption, Battlefield: Bad Company, NCAA Football 09, The Force Unleashed, and UFC 2010, for both consoles*. And yes, I've played them on both consoles.

From my experience, the Xbox is better at everything. Everything on my Xbox 360 (which is the Gears of War 3 Edition) saves faster, loads faster, downloads faster, installs faster, runs smoother, and looks better. Let's not forget the Xbox has a much better user interface. When I buy games, and I rarely do, I always get them for my Xbox 360 cause I find it better.

*I have games on both consoles (and even have two of the same games on one console) because my dad picks them up VERY cheap at the flea market (the 'Jockey Lot'). He can find any AC game out there for 5-10 bucks.

Uncharted 3.

PS3 is the best gaming console in the history of everything, period.

( :P )
Naw, sounds fair enough, I still prefer PS3 though I don't doubt what you are saying is truth. Comparing my PS3 to my friends 360 which I play a fair bit, they are pretty equal, my PS3 seems to have sharper graphics and better colours but frame rate is probably a bit slower, the graphics thing could be the TV though.

If I could afford it I would have a $1000000 gaming desktop and play AC on max settings at 60fps all day err day!

tjbyrum1
09-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Uncharted 3.

PS3 is the best gaming console in the history of everything, period.

( :P )
Naw, sounds fair enough, I still prefer PS3 though I don't doubt what you are saying is truth. Comparing my PS3 to my friends 360 which I play a fair bit, they are pretty equal, my PS3 seems to have sharper graphics and better colours but frame rate is probably a bit slower, the graphics thing could be the TV though.

If I could afford it I would have a $1000000 gaming desktop and play AC on max settings at 60fps all day err day!

Ha, I don't care how much the computer is nor how good it is, I'll NEVER play video games on a PC, UNLESS they're point-and-click strategy games (Age of Empires).

Good lord, the fact that people like playing on them is beyond me. Better graphics, sure - I totally understand that, but trading off to play a game like AC on the keyboard and with a mouse? HA! I'll never do that.

I prefer a sole analog to move, a sole analog to look, and a button layout to play the game.

MT4K
09-21-2012, 11:40 PM
Ha, I don't care how much the computer is nor how good it is, I'll NEVER play video games on a PC, UNLESS they're point-and-click strategy games (Age of Empires).

Good lord, the fact that people like playing on them is beyond me. Better graphics, sure - I totally understand that, but trading off to play a game like AC on the keyboard and with a mouse? HA! I'll never do that.

I prefer a sole analog to move, a sole analog to look, and a button layout to play the game.

I play AC on my PC, but i use a gamepad. Best of both worlds ;).

LightRey
09-22-2012, 01:00 AM
Xbox 360. No hassle, good controls, decent price.

Requiscent
09-22-2012, 01:04 AM
Xbox 360. No hassle, good controls, decent price.

Agreed, I've always found the series to be more intuitive with the 360 controller, can't imagine using anything else.

roostersrule2
09-22-2012, 01:09 AM
Agreed, I've always found the series to be more intuitive with the 360 controller, can't imagine using anything else.Yes even seeing different letters and symbols on the HUD just looks wrong.

Free_Hidings
09-22-2012, 01:11 AM

Oh hell no I wouldn't play any console game with keyboard and mouse, aside from the fact that I don't even have a mouse :P No I would get a controller (PS3 or Xbox, I like both.. In fact I would probably have one of each to mix it up) but like a proper set up with a decent sized moniter (20+ inch? I don't really know much about gaming computers but would want as big as possible)

So basically play it like a console but with the advantage of superior graphics, better frame rate and... MAYBE.... Mods.. :)

That being said I am perfectly satisfied with my PS3 for now, in fact I have only been in current gen gaming for about a year now so it's still pretty impressive to me. But one day I want a high spec gaming desktop :)

Legendz54
09-22-2012, 01:12 AM
I say PS3 because it is more reliable and more prone to not malfunction like the xbox does.BTW graphics wise you can barely tell the difference between the two consoles, Assassins creed runs perfectly on my PS3...its simple, just put the disc in and play, When i went to my friends place, (he has an xbox), we went and bought AC2, all i can say is that the experience was horrible, the xbox just kept spitting out the disc and we couldn't even play 10 mins of the game,The xbox couldn't read the disc properly, almost unplayable, he traded his xbox for a ps3 and is now much more happy. Glad i bought PS3 because it is clearly more easier to use online, setting up and simply playing on.

LightRey
09-22-2012, 01:16 AM
I say PS3 because it is more reliable and more prone to not malfunction like the xbox does.BTW graphics wise you can barely tell the difference between the two consoles, Assassins creed runs perfectly on my PS3...its simple, just put the disc in and play, When i went to my friends place, (he has an xbox), we went and bought AC2, all i can say is that the experience was horrible, the xbox just kept spitting out the disc and we couldn't even play 10 mins of the game,The xbox couldn't read the dic properly, almost unplayable, he traded his xbox for a ps3 and is now much more happy. Glad i bought PS3 because it is clearly more easier to use online, setting up and simply playing on.
That has absolutely nothing to do with the Xbox.

Legendz54
09-22-2012, 01:17 AM
That has absolutely nothing to do with the Xbox.

How?? the disc was brand new...

LightRey
09-22-2012, 01:18 AM
How?? the disc was brand new...
Well for one, it's actually playable on most Xboxes. Looks like someone had to reformat their HDD or they had a RROD coming up.

roostersrule2
09-22-2012, 01:19 AM
I say PS3 because it is more reliable and more prone to not malfunction like the xbox does.BTW graphics wise you can barely tell the difference between the two consoles, Assassins creed runs perfectly on my PS3...its simple, just put the disc in and play, When i went to my friends place, (he has an xbox), we went and bought AC2, all i can say is that the experience was horrible, the xbox just kept spitting out the disc and we couldn't even play 10 mins of the game,The xbox couldn't read the dic properly, almost unplayable, he traded his xbox for a ps3 and is now much more happy. Glad i bought PS3 because it is clearly more easier to use online, setting up and simply playing on.Yea that's a faulty disc.
*Edit- I was too late.

Locopells
09-22-2012, 01:20 AM
I play AC on my PC, but i use a gamepad. Best of both worlds ;).

But, but, but...

ProletariatPleb
09-22-2012, 03:58 AM

I play every game with the keyboard & mouse, believe me, I'm better at it than a gamepad. I even played the Dark Souls...using my elbow for camera controls, beat that :P
(the elbow thing is serious btw)

Assassin_M
09-22-2012, 04:02 AM
I play every game with the keyboard & mouse, believe me, I'm better at it than a gamepad. I even played the Dark Souls...using my elbow for camera controls, beat that :P
(the elbow thing is serious btw)
I use my forehead.... HA !!

ProletariatPleb
09-22-2012, 04:04 AM
I use my forehead.... HA !!
Indeed, whenever you're stuck in game, you go headbutting your way out.

Assassin_M
09-22-2012, 04:16 AM
Well... Ah.. Im such a loser

NOLA_Assassin
09-22-2012, 05:51 AM
I'd go with Xbox 360. I'd never play a game like AC, Arkham City, or CoD on a PC and I've always notice a better performance on the 360.

Ielgon
09-22-2012, 06:48 PM
I just saw a little video about the Wii U version and in that thread it was stated that the Wii U version is only rumored to run at 1080p and 60 fps. It was also said that the Wii U version is made to match the other consoles, not exceed them (it also might be missing some particle effects the other versions have!). So for all we know right now the Wii U will be exactly the same as the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, only with all/more weapons permanently on shortcut (as opposed to just 4 shortcuts) and HUD elements on the controller.

Just thought I'd post that since previously I myself posted that I thought the Wii U version would be the best one graphics/performance wise. Sorry for the misinformation people! I had accidentally seen the rumors as statements.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
09-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Well I don't know about this ,,, Assassin's creed 3 is my first AC on console (PS3) I've played them all on a laptop :S so I don't think it can handle AC3 ,,, But I don't care about on which platform it looks better I just hope that the ports are equal on every platform :D and seeing AC Framerates video comparisons I think since Brotherhood the port on the PS3 was fine :D

lothario-da-be
09-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Well I don't know about this ,,, Assassin's creed 3 is my first AC on console (PS3) I've played them all on a laptop :S so I don't think it can handle AC3 ,,, But I don't care about on which platform it looks better I just hope that the ports are equal on every platform :D and seeing AC Framerates video comparisons I think since Brotherhood the port on the PS3 was fine :D
Ac 2 looked a lot better on xbox then ps3. I never noticed Mario having a glass eye until my friend who has an xbox mentioned it XD

Assassin_M
09-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Ac 2 looked a lot better on xbox then ps3. I never noticed Mario having a glass eye until my friend who has an xbox mentioned it XD
I have a PS3 and I noticed :|

lothario-da-be
09-22-2012, 08:49 PM
I have a PS3 and I noticed :|
Youre lucky with such a good eyes :mad:

Ielgon
09-22-2012, 08:53 PM

Mario had a glass eye!? XD
So that's what was so weird about him to me, could never really tell what made me feel he was weird but now I know! His eye did seem a bit off!

But also think about that if you play a PS3 on a small SD tv and an Xbox on a big HD tv that you will make out those things way more easily, I played AC2 on an SD tv so I never caught details like that. I noticed that especially when I was replaying some of my old games a while ago how much details I could suddenly make out. What I'm trying to say is: Make sure it's a fair comparison with the same tv's and all that before making statements like that. I can guarantee you most games look really close if you play them on the same tv. Of course I know nothing about your tv situation, just some food for thought.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
09-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Youre lucky with such a good eyes :mad:

M ,, take care of your eyes I sense a great danger .

Assassin_M
09-22-2012, 09:09 PM
M ,, take care of your eyes I sense a great danger .
Nah Dont worry I ju-

My eyes.. Oh my go-...IM BLIND !!! I CANT SEE !!! 7ASADNY EL WALAAAAAAAAA

Slayer_WTF
09-22-2012, 09:12 PM
Depends on: the reference version is the Xbox 360, and you can see from the various diaries depict where development studies.

The demo version is the PS3, for purely commercial purposes.

If logic serves me correctly, it should be better on 360. In this case, get the PC version, which will surely be the best. :)

TheDeceptor
09-23-2012, 12:18 AM
PS3 due to the extra content. This is gonna be the first PS3 game I bought in a year.

Assassin_M
09-23-2012, 12:25 AM
PS3 due to the extra content. This is gonna be the first PS3 game I bought in a year.
He said "Looks" better

Locopells
09-23-2012, 01:16 AM

What'd you prefer him to use?...