PDA

View Full Version : So how will the weather system work ?

THE-FACE-94
09-19-2012, 09:23 PM
Ok so i dont know if this has been asked before (most likely will have been) but what i want to know if if when they say AC3 will introduce seasons like summer and winter does this mean that it will go to summer then to winter in a cycle like a day and night cycle would happen in most adventure games. Or will it be in chapters like mafia 2 was where its summer 1 minuete then the next its winter. If it is a cycle then what do you think to this and do you think it will be the begining of seasons cycles in up coming games or will it be a next gen thing? =)

MT4K
09-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Seasons will be restricted to whatever sequence or memory you are in so as to avoid having players experience winter 3 times only for the next memory to tell them only 2 months have passed or something lol. You will be able to freely choose what season you want after completing the game though.

As for actual weather like rain ect... It will be random as far as we know when free roaming, but obviously more scripted for actual memories.

Potato54321
09-19-2012, 09:33 PM
You will be able to freely choose what season you want after completing the game though.

What about between missions?

MT4K
09-19-2012, 09:35 PM
What about between missions?

They have only mentioned being able to choose season yourself at the end of the game.

THE-FACE-94
09-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Seasons will be restricted to whatever sequence or memory you are in so as to avoid having players experience winter 3 times only for the next memory to tell them only 2 months have passed or something lol. You will be able to freely choose what season you want after completing the game though.

As for actual weather like rain ect... It will be random as far as we know when free roaming, but obviously more scripted for actual memories.

I guess thats ok. it kind of sucks though i was hoping it to be like i said a cycle so winter slowly progress in the days that pas n the player notices it o well hopefully a game will do it soon.

Requiscent
09-19-2012, 09:38 PM
Since Ubi is striving for historical accuracy, that wouldn't work.

THE-FACE-94
09-19-2012, 09:44 PM

yeah ure right i guess but if we where free roaming around when you finish the game for example then they could have it then so lets say 20 days past in game free roam n then you start to see a difference in the weather n then snow comes along it could work n if they did have it i would be very impressed becuase i dont think any game has done it like that before.

Potato54321
09-19-2012, 09:46 PM

Like how there were super-soldiers running around who could murder hundreds and hundreds of city guards without breaking a sweat?

This game wouldn't be too fun if it was really historical accurate. The history is a backdrop, it's fine for Ubi to play around with it for fun.

Requiscent
09-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Yes because when I typed that I meant it in the gameplay perspective. :rolleyes:

kriegerdesgottes
09-19-2012, 10:06 PM
I was curious about the rain myself. I read that the seasons are restricted to the memory sequence but I really hope the rain is randomized like in RDR.

Requiscent
09-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Rain is dynamic, as is snow so don't worry there. What I want to see is if Ubi can top Rockstar in terms of weather. The thunderstorms in RDR were beautiful.

BBALive
09-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Weather is dynamic, but seasons are memory-based. Once you've finished the game you can select the season yourself.

EzioAssassin51
09-20-2012, 07:32 AM
I'd say by 'memory-based' they mean like one or two sequences will be winter then the next will be bring and stuff, so the jumps in season makes more sense! We might even get between seasons, say the end of February when a lot of snow is melting but it's still there.

pacmanate
09-20-2012, 09:28 AM
There have been a MILLION threads on this topic, use the search function next time.

Rain and Sun is Dynamic as is the Night and Day time cycle
Winter and Summer seasons are sequence based but can be chosen at the end of the game.

NEURON BOMB
09-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Day/Night cycle,Rain cycle and the option to choose the season once you have finished the game,Just another reason this game is going to be EPIC!:cool:

Soulid_Snake
09-20-2012, 06:40 PM
You will be able to freely choose what season you want after completing the game though.

The person with the answers! I'm glad you can choose the season! One of the things I hated about AC2 was how depressing some of the cites, Flori from AC2 springs to mind!

pacmanate
09-21-2012, 10:41 PM
The person with the answers! I'm glad you can choose the season! One of the things I hated about AC2 was how depressing some of the cites, Flori from AC2 springs to mind!

Forli

playassassins1
09-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Rain is dynamic, as is snow so don't worry there. What I want to see is if Ubi can top Rockstar in terms of weather. The thunderstorms in RDR were beautiful.

Thunder in RDR wasn't in the map. it was just in the background...

Requiscent
09-22-2012, 12:52 AM
I know, I was just making an observation.

Free_Hidings
09-22-2012, 01:15 AM
I think I read somewhere that the dynamic weather will feature in multiplayer as well. I think that would be so awesome... Starts pouring down, making it harder to identify targets etc

Soulid_Snake
09-22-2012, 03:56 PM
Forli
My Bad!;)

MetalCreed
09-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Question, how will the season system work? Will this change overtime even after finishing the game, or will places only change akin to the singleplayer storyline?
Because I really hope seasons change after you finish a game, that'd be awesome..Let's say the game changes season every 10 hours, that'd be alright since the weather would change almost everyday right? I don't want places to be scripted where it only snows in certain areas...

But the most important thing, again as I said that the seasons should change regardless of the singelplayer storyline after you're done..
It'd make the game x2 more interesting.

nitres15
09-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Question, how will the season system work? Will this change overtime even after finishing the game, or will places only change akin to the singleplayer storyline?
Because I really hope seasons change after you finish a game, that'd be awesome..Let's say the game changes season every 10 hours, that'd be alright since the weather would change almost everyday right? I don't want places to be scripted where it only snows in certain areas...

But the most important thing, again as I said that the seasons should change regardless of the singelplayer storyline after you're done..
It'd make the game x2 more interesting.

after you beat the game, the game will give you an option to choose season by yourself

Ielgon
09-22-2012, 09:04 PM
The sequences will have fixed seasons (Sequence 1 might be summer, while sequence 2 might be winter for example), when you finish the game you're allowed to switch whenever you want!

MetalCreed
09-22-2012, 11:52 PM
The sequences will have fixed seasons (Sequence 1 might be summer, while sequence 2 might be winter for example), when you finish the game you're allowed to switch whenever you want!

Really? So I can go in the menu and just switch it whenever I want to?

I dunno if I like that, oh well. I'll just do it in chronological order..