PDA

View Full Version : the hype

lothario-da-be
09-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Does anyone else feels less hyped then previous games?
They show us so much awesome things and still i don't have that feeling that i had with previous games.
Do you think it is because of franchise fatigue?
Do you have this too?

Sickull
09-19-2012, 02:35 PM
No...

andreja110s
09-19-2012, 02:40 PM
I found out about the AC franchize this May, but I canīt wait for AC3 to come out.

Umbra_Blade
09-19-2012, 02:44 PM
No, if anything I feel more hyped for this one than any of the others :p

Legendz54
09-19-2012, 02:47 PM
We had hype for the previous games because of the story, SPOILER!!! At the end of ACB Desmond stabs lucy, so there was heaps of hype when revelations was revealed because we wanted to find out what was going on. Before i had hype for mostly the story, but now i have hype for story and gameplay for AC3.

KrYpToNiC95
09-19-2012, 03:31 PM
They show us so much awesome things and still i don't have that feeling that i had with previous games.
Do you have this too?

I am with you on this one. Although I think this will be the best AC yet, it does not in any way give the feeling that AC2 did as I was waiting for it to come out. I don't think its franchise fatigue but perhaps more the historical period, besides that I really can't put my finger on it. However, I am still extremely excited but something is lacking.

Assassin_M
09-19-2012, 03:34 PM
No..

SleezeRocker
09-19-2012, 03:49 PM
I'll be honest:

When AC1 came out...well I didn't really know about. I had no PS3 at the time, just Wii and past gen systems. It until mid Junior year (08) that there was talk (on the rooftops lol) that Assassin's Creed was top stuff. I was recommended it by my friends that if I liked Prince of PErsia I'd like AC. I get PS3 on holidays and AC was one my first games (along with MGS4).
Played it and LOVED IT. Just liked the gameplay and everything. Yes with time I did get repetitive but still appreciated the fun and story I got out of it.

Then AC2 is announced in gameinformer May-June edition and when I read it I was THRILLED for a new AC game! And being set an Italy was a bonus since I enjoyed Italian Renaissance studies. Loved game,story, and charcaters ;)

Then ACB is announced some months later like late spring '10 and I thought "Whoah another AC game? Already? Ok cool!"
Was good, introduced multiplayer which at the time was totally new and liked playing than a typical shooting game. Fair story, awesome side missions and good length for a fast game. Not bad :[

Then weget a tease in Spring '11 of new AC game which most of us thought it be with Altair, then we saw pic of older Ezio. Then ACR was revealed. Now as an AC fankid I said "Huh...another one, ok not bad, I suppose good game, good fun, loveable character, cool!". Then play it, was alright, some backstories answered but in the end it was like "Hmm...ok...just another AC game :/"

Then AC3 is reveleaed in late sping of this year and some say "Seriously WTFreak? Others Awesome! Others in between but because it was new Assassin, new era, numbered title then most of us are like awesome!"
AC3 is promising with new features, gameplay, story, charcaters and more! Now most of us are saying "Ah hell yeah, this is the stuff! DEfeinately will blow out ACB-R by a longshot!" and/or "Im so hyped for this game, hell yeah WOOO! *Hulk smash*

True im fairly sure it will be great no joke there, but I'm going to be honest about something:
If Assassisn's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations NEVER happened, Im sure a large majority of us would be getting the real (im not speaking for everyone, just my honest opinion) true feeling of anticipation like the day we all read about Assasisn's Creed 2.

Now yes I believe AC3 is cool and deserves the hype, no doubt! Just throwing that im sure we'd feel ALOT more anticipating for AC3 have we not ever played ACB-R. That's my opinion but you are free disagree ;)

-can't wait for AC3 though ^_^

NOLA_Assassin
09-19-2012, 03:58 PM
I feel way more excited for this than any of the other games, but that's because I love the setting.

LightRey
09-19-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm more excited than ever. However, at the same time I'm not as preoccupied with waiting till the game's released, but that has more to do with myself being too busy to pay attention to that. Besides, time seems to fly this way. xD

lothario-da-be
09-19-2012, 05:45 PM
I'll be honest:

When AC1 came out...well I didn't really know about. I had no PS3 at the time, just Wii and past gen systems. It until mid Junior year (08) that there was talk (on the rooftops lol) that Assassin's Creed was top stuff. I was recommended it by my friends that if I liked Prince of PErsia I'd like AC. I get PS3 on holidays and AC was one my first games (along with MGS4).
Played it and LOVED IT. Just liked the gameplay and everything. Yes with time I did get repetitive but still appreciated the fun and story I got out of it.

Then AC2 is announced in gameinformer May-June edition and when I read it was was THRILLED for a new AC game! And being set an Italy was a bonus since I enjoyed Italian Renaissance studies. Loved game,story, and charcaters ;)

Then ACB is announced some months later like late spring '10 and I thought "Whoah another AC game? Already? Ok cool!"
Was good, introduced multiplayer which at the time was totally new and liked playing than a typical shooting game. Fair story, awesome side missions and good length for a fast game. Not bad :[

Then we a tease in Spring '11 of new AC game which most of us thought it be with Altair, then we saw pic of older Ezio. Then ACR was revealed. Now as an AC fankid I said "Huh...another one, ok not bad I suppose good game, good fun, loveable character, cool". Then play it, was alright, some backstories answered but in the end it was like "Hmm...ok...just another AC game"

Then AC3 is reveleaed in late psing of this year and some say "Seriously WTFreak? Others Awesome! Others in between but because it was new Assassin, new era, numbered title then most of us are like awesome!"
AC3 is promising with new features, gameplay, story, charcaters and more! Now most of us are saying "Ah hell yeah, this is the stuff! DEfeinately will blow out ACB-R by a longshot!" and/or "Im so hyped for this game, hell yeah WOOO! *Hulk smash*

True im fairly sure it will be great no joke there, but I'm going to be honest about something:
If Assasisn's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations NEVER happened, Im sure a large majority of us would be getting the real (im not speaking for everyone, just my honest opinion) true fealing of anticipation like the day we all read about Assasisn's Creed 2.

Now yes I believe AC3 is cool and deserves the hype, no doubt! Just throwing that im sure we'd feel ALOT more anticipating for AC3 have we not ever played ACB-R. That's my opinion im you are free disagree ;)

-can;t wait for AC3 though ^_^
This is exactly what i feel :D

De Filosoof
09-19-2012, 05:53 PM
I know what you mean, i kinda feel the same.

I think it has something to do with the eerie atmosphere.
It looks like AC3 is going to be less mysterious than previous AC game.
I'm not saying it's going to be less mysterious but i got this feeling from all the videos i've seen and Lorne is making the soundtrack now instead of Jesper, this makes me kinda skeptical really.

The eerie atmosphere was one of the main elements that made me fall in love with the AC franchise.
I'm going to miss the tombs :(...

SleezeRocker
09-19-2012, 06:03 PM
This is exactly what i feel :D

Haha appreciate your opinion ;)
Yeah all in all AC3 will kick...rather hack n stab, some ace! No doubt there!

NEURON BOMB
09-19-2012, 06:04 PM
This is the game i am most hyped up about,The more they show the better it gets;)

Assassin_M
09-19-2012, 06:08 PM
I know what you mean, i kinda feel the same.

I think it has something to do with the eerie atmosphere.
It looks like AC3 is going to be less mysterious than previous AC game.
I'm not saying it's going to be less mysterious but i got this feeling from all the videos i've seen and Lorne is making the soundtrack now instead of Jesper, this makes me kinda skeptical really.

The eerie atmosphere was one of the main elements that made me fall in love with the AC franchise.
I'm going to miss the tombs :(...
Why are you gonna miss the tombs ? They`re still there..

De Filosoof
09-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Why are you gonna miss the tombs ? They`re still there..

Are you sure?...
I think it has been replaced after watching the achievements list (i'm not going to say it here because of spoilers)
Well, atleast there's the grand temple :D. Really looking forward to that.

MT4K
09-19-2012, 06:21 PM
The tombs are still there. They just aren't really under the same name and may be slightly different, but the general idea of the "tombs" will be returning. At least that is what they have said :).

SteelCity999
09-19-2012, 06:39 PM
I think is different this time around for different reasons. I know for AC2 I was hyped about the setting from the trailers - it looked so much cooler than AC1. AC3 is more about the overall story arc for me. I want to see the story wrap up. The setting doesn't really get me excited but then again, I live here and not much US History is interesting to me. Don't get me wrong, the gameplay looks really good but its a different hype.

HisSpiritLives
09-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Do you have this too?

I am really not understanding what are you talking about :confused:

Dejan507
09-19-2012, 08:16 PM
I totally agree, feel no excitement at all at this point, honestly. And I love AC very much..

MarcinTrzaskacz
09-19-2012, 10:13 PM
I am feeling no hype at all. I loved the past Assassins Creed games and loved looking for any new news about them before they came out, but I feel no hype for AC3. The only thing I really care at all about is what happens to Desmond, I really couldn't care less about this Connor guy. I don't even like the setting, like come on! America? The place where every single other modern game is based in? I liked looking at different cultures and stuff with like the middle east in AC and Italy and Turkey in Ac2-AcR. The combat looks even easier then before too, and the past AC games were the easiest thing ever! Connor can roll around the battlefield and do crazy-*** stuff which I just think is lame. There also seems to be a lack of swords. I believe that Connor is such an empty character too, the current trailers don't seem to give him any depth like Altair. Ezio was a different story, as soon as the first trailer came out, you could see the charm radiating off his body! I do kinda like the frontier but I think it might have the same problem as Red Dead. So much land yet so little to do except murder everything. Tbh I was wishing AC3 to be a full Desmond game, with no going back in time but finishing his story with a game fully based on him! Throughout the series they always talked about how Desmond becomes a master assassin using the bleeding effect, but he never gets his time to shine because they make the past character 100x more badass! I could complain all day and all night but I'll stop here before I rustle even more jimmies

ShaneO7K
09-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Just the same amount of hype with me as usual, maybe a little more.

Layytez
09-19-2012, 11:27 PM
More hype for me because it will answer all the First Civ details.

De Filosoof
09-19-2012, 11:31 PM
More hype for me because it will answer all the First Civ details.

That hasn't been confirmed or even hinted at.
It's the end for Desmond's storyline but they confirmed that there will be many other AC games so they have to keep some secrets to keep the plot going.

CalgaryJay
09-19-2012, 11:42 PM
I'm incredibly hyped for this one, its why I signed up here a couple weeks ago. I can't believe we still even have to wait 6 weeks, I want it meow.

When the GTA V trailer dropped in early November, my hype was off the charts for it. But now with no news there and AC3 this close, I seriously could care less about GTA V at the moment, haven't even been to their message board in over a month. In fact its to the point where I hope no new info comes out for it until Jesusmas'ish, just so I won't be distracted from AC3. To make me completely forget about GTA V tells me how hyped I am for AC3, can't wait to get my murder on in the Frontier.

tarrero
09-19-2012, 11:44 PM
I am UBER hyped for this game!!!!!! Come on!!!

Naval gameplay, huge battles, seasons, new activities such as hunting, a native american assassin, THE FRONTIER!!!! etc erc etc. And by the, way even though the mystery of visiting both medieval and ancient cities ike Jerusalem, Florence, Damascus, Rome and Constantinope might be gone due to Boston and NY being relatively young at the time...I am sure Ubisoft will "exploit" the mysticism side of the Mohawk part of the game! Remember in that region of North America there are plenty of caves that you could associate with TWCB....

http://gonewengland.about.com/cs/nhsightseeing/a/aastonehengenh.htm and the Oak Island for instance!!!

And what about if the reason behind the attack and later destruction of Connorīs Village was to gather information about them telling legends of "holy places" ?????

I know that to many people -including me- ACR was a step back!!! But this game has been in the making for three years!!!! I am sure Ubisoft will deliver!!

Free_Hidings
09-20-2012, 12:03 AM
I'm incredibly hyped for this one, its why I signed up here a couple weeks ago. I can't believe we still even have to wait 6 weeks, I want it meow.

When the GTA V trailer dropped in early November, my hype was off the charts for it. But now with no news there and AC3 this close, I seriously could care less about GTA V at the moment, haven't even been to their message board in over a month. In fact its to the point where I hope no new info comes out for it until Jesusmas'ish, just so I won't be distracted from AC3. To make me completely forget about GTA V tells me how hyped I am for AC3, can't wait to get my murder on in the Frontier.

EXACTLY THE SAME AS ME!

I remember posting in a thread a few weeks or months ago which asked if you are more excited about AC3 or GTA5, and I was like... Pretty much GTA5 will be amazing, but AC3 will have a good story and immersion. Overall more excited for GTA5.

But now, I couldn't give a carp if GTA was delayed for two more years, AC3 just looks incredible, this is the first time I have ever pre ordered a game so bascially, I am extremely excited! Completely disagree with OP

rileypoole1234
09-20-2012, 12:05 AM
I'm noticeably more hyped for this than previous games.

zainzombie
09-20-2012, 09:27 AM
I am with you on this one. Although I think this will be the best AC yet, it does not in any way give the feeling that AC2 did as I was waiting for it to come out. I don't think its franchise fatigue but perhaps more the historical period, besides that I really can't put my finger on it. However, I am still extremely excited but something is lacking.

That is exactly the same how I feel about AC3. I know this will be the best AC game but I am not as excited as I was for AC2 for some reason.

Also agree with ******rocker.

pacmanate
09-20-2012, 09:42 AM
After Revelations, yes this has hyped me up :P

xXRyzonXx
09-20-2012, 04:49 PM
I was hyped for the previous games, but this one i am alot more hyped for, i am counting the days till its coming out.

adarwinter
09-20-2012, 05:53 PM
i was really really hyped for AC1 and AC2, but in spite of all the great things AC2 introduced it also lacked in challenge and excitement. great story and settings but the game was too easy therefor not really exciting and tense and i just lost hope to get what i was hoping for from the AC franchise. i wasnt hyped for ACB nor ACR and it took me a whlie to even try them.

but since AC3 is such a change, even though i HATE the settings, i am optimistic about the new mechanics. ubi IS trying a few new things and i really hope they will work. the early reviews by players and jounalists will tell if this is a game i should pick up. im cautiously optimistic for now but AM excited.

LadyGahan2010
09-20-2012, 06:22 PM
It seems to me that there's too much hype from the members. Wherever I go, whichever topic, it's usually, 'oh this is awesome'. There was a lot like this before previous games and then 2 days after release everyone flooded the forums back and 'ugh, I hate this'.
I say, I'll wait for the game itself to make any decisions whether I'm hyped for it or not. I'm keeping my expectations low, don't read too much about the game so I'm not hyped. My life taught me that making assumptions never ends well.

FirestarLuva
09-20-2012, 07:33 PM
I am feeling no hype at all. I loved the past Assassins Creed games and loved looking for any new news about them before they came out, but I feel no hype for AC3. The only thing I really care at all about is what happens to Desmond, I really couldn't care less about this Connor guy. I don't even like the setting, like come on! America? The place where every single other modern game is based in? I liked looking at different cultures and stuff with like the middle east in AC and Italy and Turkey in Ac2-AcR. The combat looks even easier then before too, and the past AC games were the easiest thing ever! Connor can roll around the battlefield and do crazy-*** stuff which I just think is lame. There also seems to be a lack of swords. I believe that Connor is such an empty character too, the current trailers don't seem to give him any depth like Altair. Ezio was a different story, as soon as the first trailer came out, you could see the charm radiating off his body! I do kinda like the frontier but I think it might have the same problem as Red Dead. So much land yet so little to do except murder everything. Tbh I was wishing AC3 to be a full Desmond game, with no going back in time but finishing his story with a game fully based on him! Throughout the series they always talked about how Desmond becomes a master assassin using the bleeding effect, but he never gets his time to shine because they make the past character 100x more badass! I could complain all day and all night but I'll stop here before I rustle even more jimmies

It's too early to judge about Connor's character. If you'd like to know more I'd recommend watching the interview with Corey May where he does say interesting stuff about him. To be honest, I'm only looking forward to Connor's story, as a new character after Ezio, it's a great fresh start, and the reason you don't feel the 'radiance' is because Ubisoft doesn't want to spoil too much about Connor nor his story. Connor's the main character so I'm sure his story will be just as awesome as previous assassin's, even better, I hope. And remember, Connor story isn't the American Revolution, Ubisoft have mentioned time and time again that Connor's story takes place before, during and after the Revolution, and considering how much fans Connor has already, I think he'll be a great addition to the AC world with his story. :3 Why would Desmond choose to follow Connor, if his story will only be fighting against the Redcoats? If that's the case, they could've pulled 'The Patriot' and make a game non-related to AC. I'm sure there'll be a lot mistery involving Connor and the Grand Temple.

TheTetraktys
09-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Yeah I have the same problem. With previous installments it felt like I was waiting forever for it to be released, but even though this seems the best game yet, I'm not hyped at all. I don't even care if it's released this month, or 5 years from now. I guess I'm just a bit tired of the series, and there are lots of other great titles getting near release too. I think the problem is that every AC has been pretty much the same, with little innovations, and now that they are finally adding a lot to the series I don't really care anymore. I guess it could be called COD syndrome lol.

CalgaryJay
09-20-2012, 09:28 PM
I gotta say I'm surprised with the over-all theme of the thread, seems most aren't too jacked for it. Entitled to your opinion of course, but I can't imagine not being pumped for this one. I totally get what the above poster is talking about with "COD syndrome" in terms of the yearly releases, and I'll probably feel that way next year when the ACIII versions of Brotherhood/Revelations come out. In fact I may not even buy them (though I probably will, haha). But for the actual, true numbered title, I'm so jacked.

I just spent basically the entire lunch hour in my office secretly reading AC news, whenever a co-worker walked by I'd quickly flip it to the other tab to avoid embarassment haha. That just tells me how pumped I am for this one.

Sickull
09-20-2012, 09:40 PM
I don't get the hate for the setting I mean Desmond is American and this is the end of his story, where else would they go?

Assassin_M
09-20-2012, 10:08 PM
3 things I dont get..

1- Im seeing everyone jacking "AWESOME" or "CANT WAIT" and then I come in here and see this..

2- How the HELL do you judge a Game before you play it ? Is it those Altair vs Ezio Vs Connor Polls ? I might wake up one morning and find a "Did you like the AC III ending" Thread, But you didnt even play it yet.. Oh no we`re just making theories.. Pff

3- The setting... Why ? Just Why ? You get to free run, right ? You get to ride Horses, See Historical People... So... WHY ?? I mean.. We`v been to Europe (Europeans must`v been bored too) We went to the Middle East (Middle easterns must have had a very bad time playing) Its History coming alive... Even if you`re American, its not gonna be regular History classes, No... You get to bloody live it... Im Middle eastern and I **** well enjoyed my time playing AC I. Matter of fact AC I is the dearest game to me from the series...

I really dont get you people...

Bluefire454
09-21-2012, 12:12 AM
I got into Assassins Creed right before Brotherhood came out. And I am WAY more hyped for ACIII than I was for Brotherhood or Revelations. In fact, I am more hyped for this game than ANY other game out there!!! At first, I didn't like the idea of it taking place in Colonial America, but after hearing about the game and watching the trailers and interviews, it seems like an AWESOME place for an AC game. I can't wait.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
09-21-2012, 12:59 AM
I'm super Hyped for this game !! Sometimes I feel like I'm not that hyped when they don't release any news or anything for a long time,, but when I see any new footage or a new gameplay I just keep smiling like an idiot !! And thinks '' I'm So Fu**** Happy I'm gettin this game !''

NOLA_Assassin
09-21-2012, 01:27 AM
i was really really hyped for AC1 and AC2, but in spite of all the great things AC2 introduced it also lacked in challenge and excitement. great story and settings but the game was too easy therefor not really exciting and tense and i just lost hope to get what i was hoping for from the AC franchise. i wasnt hyped for ACB nor ACR and it took me a whlie to even try them.

but since AC3 is such a change, even though i HATE the settings, i am optimistic about the new mechanics. ubi IS trying a few new things and i really hope they will work. the early reviews by players and jounalists will tell if this is a game i should pick up. im cautiously optimistic for now but AM excited.

Why you got to hate on the setting bro?

Also, there was nothing mysterious in AC2, AC:B, or AC:R.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-21-2012, 01:37 AM
No since AC3 is the first AC I'm anticipating lol I only started played previous 4 games after E3 this year :p

Locopells
09-21-2012, 01:37 AM
Why you got to hate on the setting bro?

Well I didn't go a bundle on the setting to begin with.

kriegerdesgottes
09-21-2012, 01:39 AM
Yes I have it too. I am kind of excited but the time has gone by fast this time because of my general lack of interest. I truly believe the game will be awesome but I'm just loosing my steam for AC. It makes me sad :(

tjbyrum1
09-21-2012, 01:50 AM
Assassin's Creed is by far the greatest video game series I've ever played. It is, without a doubt, my favorite series. But Red Dead Redemption is my favorite video game of all time.

AC3 is like a huge cake made out of Assassin's Creed, with lots of frosting on it. Then they threw in large chunks of Red Dead Redemption.

You can't imagine the way I feel about AC3.

roostersrule2
09-21-2012, 02:29 AM
I'm extremely hyped for AC3 it looks amazing, the funny thing is that I was just as hyped for ACR which is a great game but AC3 is going to be the best game ever.

Layytez
09-21-2012, 02:42 AM
I haven't been hyped for AC since AC2.

NOLA_Assassin
09-21-2012, 02:58 AM
Well I didn't go a bundle on the setting to begin with.

Yeah, but the setting shouldn't really matter. I didn't have any interest in any of the past AC settings, but I still bought all of them because of the fun gameplay and awesome story.

musicjcmerrr
09-21-2012, 05:26 AM
I'm really hyped for AC3. Brotherhood and Revelations we great games, but the games didn't feel new. I know AC3 will fell new just like AC2 felt new, and plus Ubisoft have been working on this game for 3 years.

DinoSteve1
09-21-2012, 06:55 AM
Do you have this too?
Yeah, I have a sicking feeling this will be the worst entry in the series.

Locopells
09-21-2012, 11:36 AM
Yeah, but the setting shouldn't really matter. I didn't have any interest in any of the past AC settings, but I still bought all of them because of the fun gameplay and awesome story.

That was the point - until they brought in the tree climbing, I didn't think that the gameplay would be as good, given how the towns were laid out. Plus there was the neutrality issues to begin with.

Iamsosobad
09-22-2012, 03:36 AM
I feel like AC2 had the most hype of any of the games so far, although AC3 isn't that far behind.

NOLA_Assassin
09-22-2012, 07:29 AM
That was the point - until they brought in the tree climbing, I didn't think that the gameplay would be as good, given how the towns were laid out. Plus there was the neutrality issues to begin with.

I think the cities will be a lot more fun, if not as pretty, to run across as in AC 2.