PDA

View Full Version : George Washington discussion thread.

WhySoSeriosKal
09-19-2012, 08:04 AM
I saw a great deal of threads that discuss George Washington, his role in real life and in Assassin's Creed III and I figured I'd take a suggestion from one of the threads that recommended creating one thread for a combination of all discussion to occur. Thus, here we are.

WSSK

Legendz54
09-19-2012, 08:55 AM
Im sorry but at 2:12 Connor has the biggest "I have just ben screwed over bad" look. I don't think things are going to work out as good as they are making it out to be between Connor an washington.

http://youtu.be/WR11fWofGFE

WhySoSeriosKal
09-19-2012, 08:57 AM
Im sorry but at 2:12 Connor has the biggest "I have just ben screwed over bad" look.

Possibly, but possibly he's shocked that he's a welcome part of them. Even so, I hope George Washington isn't made a villain in the game.

WSSK

Assassin_M
09-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Possibly, but possibly he's shocked that he's a welcome part of them. Even so, I hope George Washington isn't made a villain in the game.

WSSK
May I ask... What would you do if it turns out that Washington is the lead Templar ? (Which I think is highly Unlikely, but its still a Possibility)

WhySoSeriosKal
09-19-2012, 09:14 AM
May I ask... What would you do if it turns out that Washington is the lead Templar ? (Which I think is highly Unlikely, but its still a Possibility)

I'll weep for days. No, I won't, but I would be a tad bit upset. I'd play the game, of course, but I wouldn't like their choice to do so, if it were the case. I think a lot of people would be mad, though.

WSSK

Assassin_M
09-19-2012, 09:21 AM
I'll weep for days. No, I won't, but I would be a tad bit upset. I'd play the game, of course, but I wouldn't like their choice to do so, if it were the case. I think a lot of people would be mad, though.

WSSK
I don't think a lot of people would be mad..

You are playing a series that portrays Jesus, Moses and many other Religious Figures as nothing more than normal Men in command of Illusions, Depicts many Popular Crusader Knights as Atheists Obsessed with Control, Characterizes Machiavelli very differently from what his writings would suggest about him and also teams Hitler with Churchill, Roosevelt and Stalin..

I don't know why Washington would be an Exception..

WhySoSeriosKal
09-19-2012, 09:22 AM
I don't think a lot of people would be mad..

You are playing a series that portrays Jesus, Moses and many other Religious Figures as nothing more than normal Men in command of Illusions, Depicts many Popular Crusader Knights as Atheists Obsessed with Control, Characterizes Machiavelli very differently from what his writings would suggest about him and also teams Hitler with Churchill, Roosevelt and Stalin..

I don't know why Washington would be an Exception..

I've seen people saying that, that's why I believe they'll be mad. Maybe they're new to the series.

WSSK

Assassin_M
09-19-2012, 09:26 AM
I've seen people saying that, that's why I believe they'll be mad. Maybe they're new to the series.

WSSK
Like I said, Not many people will be mad, although I agree that some will come here raging, just like earlier regarding the Skewed Marketing, but did those represent a Great number of people ? Hell no..

Most guys know what Assassins Creed is, about and for. I hardly think anyone that Protested or would protest over the Portrayal of a Character in a Certain light truly understands the Series..

WhySoSeriosKal
09-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Like I said, Not many people will be mad, although I agree that some will come here raging, just like earlier regarding the Skewed Marketing, but did those represent a Great number of people ? Hell no..

Most guys know what Assassins Creed is, about and for. I hardly think anyone that Protested or would protest over the Portrayal of a Character in a Certain light truly understands the Series..

However, if the series claimed that everything in it was fact and not fiction, then we'd have anger. Haha. :) Thankfully, that's not the case.

WSSK

Assassin_M
09-19-2012, 09:31 AM
However, if the series claimed that everything in it was fact and not fiction, then we'd have anger. Haha. :) Thankfully, that's not the case.

WSSK
Indeed..

That first Paragraph at the Beginning of the game is what has so many mouths mostly quite..

WhySoSeriosKal
09-19-2012, 09:33 AM
Indeed..

That first Paragraph at the Beginning of the game is what has so many mouths mostly quite..

Oh yeah, the work of fiction one. :)

WSSK

Assassin_M
09-19-2012, 09:38 AM
Oh yeah, the work of fiction one. :)

WSSK
Anyways, Carry on..

My apologies for taking this a tad off-topic..

WhySoSeriosKal
09-19-2012, 09:41 AM
Anyways, Carry on..

My apologies for taking this a tad off-topic..

No apology is necessary, I am always up for a valid and good point to be shown.

WSSK

Assassin_M
09-19-2012, 09:46 AM
No apology is necessary, I am always up for a valid and good point to be shown.

WSSK
Agreed and Thanks, mate..

WhySoSeriosKal
09-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Agreed and Thanks, mate..

You're welcome. :)

WSSK

ProletariatPleb
09-19-2012, 10:19 AM
The thread in which WSSK and M talk to each other in the first 2 pages.

On-topic, I think if people are gonna rage and be angry over a game, well they shouldn't buy AC at all, you need to be an open-minded person, or atleast be a person that can accept something that contradicts his or her personal beliefs, if not agree.

WhySoSeriosKal
09-19-2012, 10:57 AM
The thread in which WSSK and M talk to each other in the first 2 pages.

On-topic, I think if people are gonna rage and be angry over a game, well they shouldn't buy AC at all, you need to be an open-minded person, or atleast be a person that can accept something that contradicts his or her personal beliefs, if not agree.

Well, as I said before, it is fiction, so I assume many people won't be too upset considering it's not what really happened. :)

WSSK

HisSpiritLives
09-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Im sorry but at 2:12 Connor has the biggest "I have just ben screwed over bad" look. I don't think things are going to work out as good as they are making it out to be between Connor an washington.

I think he is going to kill him after that :D

WhySoSeriosKal
09-19-2012, 12:44 PM
I think he is going to kill him after that :D

I don't think so. George Washington died on December 14, 1799 and the game ends before that. I don't think they'd change the dates around.

WSSK

ProletariatPleb
09-19-2012, 01:08 PM
I don't think so. George Washington died on December 14, 1799 and the game ends before that. I don't think they'd change the dates around.

WSSK
I don't think he was serious, lol.

itsamea-mario
09-19-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm not a fan of Washington, nor do i dislike him, i'm pretty neutral on the guy, but still, i want him to be a good guy.

As for the look on Connors face when Wash touches him on the shoulder, perhaps Washington just gave him some bad news.

Umbra_Blade
09-19-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm not a fan of Washington, nor do i dislike him, i'm pretty neutral on the guy, but still, i want him to be a good guy.

As for the look on Connors face when Wash touches him on the shoulder, perhaps Washington just gave him some bad news.

I think it was Connor is starting to get the feeling he is being used by washington because of his...erm... unique skill set. And he is starting to get fed up of being treated like his lap dog. That is what I think, I could be totally wrong, but just from his demeanour in the clips we have seen him in I think he looks like the kind of guy that would take advantage of someone like Connor.

dewgel
09-19-2012, 02:04 PM

I would love it. Infact, me and my girlfriend first predicted that early on.

When the E3 CGI Trailer came out, if you watch George Washington watching Connor kill everyone, you can sort of see a bit of worry in George Washington's face after Connor brutally caves the Brit's face in. Then, George looks down at his fellow chums and smirks. Possibly because Connor's just done him a favour, possibly because he knows he's next. Whatever the case, George looks terrified when Connor lands that final blow on the Brit General.

itsamea-mario
09-19-2012, 02:12 PM

When the E3 CGI Trailer came out, if you watch George Washington watching Connor kill everyone, you can sort of see a bit of worry in George Washington's face after Connor brutally caves the Brit's face in. Then, George looks down at his fellow chums and smirks. Possibly because Connor's just done him a favour, possibly because he knows he's next. Whatever the case, George looks terrified when Connor lands that final blow on the Brit General.

People keep saying he looks worried. But he doesn't, i'd say it's a look of perhaps surprise and admiration, possibly even confusion. Do you want him to have a big grin after just watching a load of guys get cut down, which did kinda make his guys look bad as well.

Umbra_Blade
09-19-2012, 02:21 PM

I think that stunned look Washington has in the trailer is more of like a "well **** he took them on single handed". The smirk I think is because he has found a guy that can practically go toe to toe with an entire army almost single handed and win :p which is any military leaders dream, to have a guy you can send in when the going gets tough to turn the tide of battle.

NOLA_Assassin
09-19-2012, 04:04 PM
Well they said Connor "believes in him" so...

LightRey
09-19-2012, 04:46 PM

Seriously? You're basing all that on a single facial expression? xD
Someone's suffering from a case of tunnel vision...

ProletariatPleb
09-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Someone's suffering from a case of tunnel vision...
Says the one basing it on a single comment.

FrankieSatt
09-19-2012, 05:46 PM
The bottom line everyone needs to remember is that this is a GAME not REAL LIFE. They can portray Washington however they want, I know the truth of George Washington from history. It's just there was a game Gabriel Knight 3. It was an adventure game and in that game they portrayed Jesus as someone who got married and had a child. Just because that is not part of my beliefs doesn't offend me, it was a GAME and a FICTIONAL story.

The story of Assassin's Creed is FICTIONAL. The characters are FICTIONAL, even if they do derive from real life characters.

If you play the game as fiction and the think of the story as fiction, which they are, than there is no need to be offended by anyone or anything in the game.

POP1Fan
09-19-2012, 05:46 PM
I think it was Connor is starting to get the feeling he is being used by washington because of his...erm... unique skill set. And he is starting to get fed up of being treated like his lap dog. That is what I think, I could be totally wrong, but just from his demeanour in the clips we have seen him in I think he looks like the kind of guy that would take advantage of someone like Connor.

So... like Lorenzo?
I really hope Washington (and all the characters at that) to be unique. Betraying Connor is what I am really expecting, but I don't really want to see it since it has been done 1000000000x in AC.

LightRey
09-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Says the one basing it on a single comment.
You don't know what tunnel vision is do you?

ProletariatPleb
09-19-2012, 05:56 PM
You don't know what tunnel vision is do you?
Depends how it's used, it was a play on words what I did. Meant no offense.

Bastiaen
09-19-2012, 09:11 PM

WSSK

They already did with AC2. They advertised end year was 1503. Now when lineage came out, I was watching the end credits and thought, who's rodrigo borgia? So I looked him up and realized that he died in 1503, so I thought oh crap! I'm going to kill the pope! But then it ended in 1499. I wouldn't rule out washington as a templar just by the advertised end year.

AssassinZ7
09-20-2012, 01:33 AM
Easy Geoge Washington WAS a templar but he quit
or
he still is
but i would go with the first one
my proof the limited edition comes with George Washingtons book which contains info on templars during the revolution just look it up

LoyalACFan
09-20-2012, 02:24 AM
So... like Lorenzo?

No, I don't think he'll be quite like Lorenzo. Lorenzo was genuinely grateful and respectful to Ezio after he saved his life. I think Connor will end up siding with Washington because he believes in the "freedom and liberty" rhetoric, and he hopes that by helping Washington, he can improve relations between the colonists and the Mohawks. I don't think Washington will be a "bad guy" in the traditional sense, but I think Connor will realize eventually that Washington is just using him and doesn't give a **** about his people.

WhySoSeriosKal
09-20-2012, 03:31 AM
They already did with AC2. They advertised end year was 1503. Now when lineage came out, I was watching the end credits and thought, who's rodrigo borgia? So I looked him up and realized that he died in 1503, so I thought oh crap! I'm going to kill the pope! But then it ended in 1499. I wouldn't rule out washington as a templar just by the advertised end year.

I meant, I don't think he'll die in the game, regardless of what the creators make him into in the game.

WSSK

MasterSimaYi
09-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Easy Geoge Washington WAS a templar but he quit
or
he still is
but i would go with the first one
my proof the limited edition comes with George Washingtons book which contains info on templars during the revolution just look it up

Because you can't write about Templars or Assassins without belonging to either group. :)

AssassinZ7
09-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Because you can't write about Templars or Assassins without belonging to either group. :)
excactly!

LightRey
09-22-2012, 04:49 PM
excactly!
*cough* sarcasm *cough*

AssassinZ7
09-22-2012, 04:52 PM
*cough* sarcasm *cough*

I don't get it.

LightRey
09-22-2012, 04:54 PM
I don't get it.
Well you actually can write about the Assassins and/or Templars without belonging to either group (though often they will try to stop you).

AssassinZ7
09-22-2012, 05:34 PM
That dosent count.

Layytez
09-22-2012, 05:37 PM
I see Washington being tricked or mislead by the Templars but eventually returns to what he believed in.

AssassinZ7
09-22-2012, 05:50 PM
I see Washington being tricked or mislead by the Templars but eventually returns to what he believed in.
nah! that is not there style

Layytez
09-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Well either way Washington does something that questions Connors faith in him.

LightRey
09-22-2012, 08:09 PM
That dosent count.
How does that not count? Washington obviously knew about the Assassins, working closely with Connor and all. It's quite obvious that he'll know he's an Assassin and like many others such as Caterina Sforza, Lorenzo de Medici and Leonardo da Vinci, that does not mean he was an Assassin or a Templar.

AssassinZ7
09-22-2012, 09:46 PM
Its just not cool enuogh u know what i mean? he has to be a templar i know it! i see the signs!!

Assassin_M
09-22-2012, 09:52 PM
Its just not cool enuogh u know what i mean? he has to be a templar i know it! i see the signs!!
Your Preferences are Invalid to what he`s trying to tell you. Many Historical Figures in-game tried writing about the Assassins and Templars without actually belonging to either group. Also bear in my mind that the Free Masons will be present in the Game, and as far as I can tell, are to be a separate Organization from either Assassins or Templars..

So No, He doesn't HAVE to be a Templar, You are free to think what you like, though

Ielgon
09-22-2012, 09:55 PM
I think Washington is going to be the only "pure" one, he won't be particularly influenced by templars and he won't be influenced by the assassins. He also won't use Connor to do his tasks for him. I think Connor will admire Washington and that Washington will be grateful to Connor for anything he does to help him, it'll be more of a respectful alliance when their goals line up (which Washington might realise) instead of Connor just being someone who does Washington's bidding. In other words: Washington will realise he can't force Connor to do things and will instead appreciate the help of Connor when Connor does something that helps him.

Of course later on Washington might make some decisions that Connor questions causing this alliance to become uneasy and possibly even broken.

WhySoSeriosKal
09-23-2012, 07:06 PM
Your Preferences are Invalid to what he`s trying to tell you. Many Historical Figures in-game tried writing about the Assassins and Templars without actually belonging to either group. Also bear in my mind that the Free Masons will be present in the Game, and as far as I can tell, are to be a separate Organization from either Assassins or Templars..

So No, He doesn't HAVE to be a Templar, You are free to think what you like, though

If I'm not mistaken, though, the George Washington Journal that is included with some editions of the game has the symbol of the Assassins on it.

WSSK

LightRey
09-23-2012, 07:41 PM

Exactly this.

Potato54321
09-23-2012, 07:57 PM
This is quite futile to argue about. We don't really know yet, Ubi's been very close lipped about the specifics of the story.

You have free to have a preference, but there's no point arguing over it. He will be what he will be.

lothario-da-be
09-23-2012, 08:00 PM
This is quite futile to argue about. We don't really know yet, Ubi's been very close lipped about the specifics of the story.

You have free to have a preference, but there's no point arguing over it. He will be what he will be.
And i'am very happy that they don't give much away about the story.

WhySoSeriosKal
09-23-2012, 08:26 PM
And i'am very happy that they don't give much away about the story.

However, it makes it a difficult wait. :)

WSSK

Mak1616
09-23-2012, 08:55 PM
I just hope they don't make him out to be an amazing patriot who could do no wrong, and completely ignore the fact that he owned slaves...

He wasn't all that great.

AssassinZ7
09-24-2012, 12:21 AM
If I'm not mistaken, though, the George Washington Journal that is included with some editions of the game has the symbol of the Assassins on it.

WSSK
Hmmm......

AssassinZ7
09-24-2012, 12:23 AM
I just hope they don't make him out to be an amazing patriot who could do no wrong, and completely ignore the fact that he owned slaves...

He wasn't all that great.
ye i agree he wasn't that kinda guy he was as bad as the rest. i would hate them if they did that but we know they wont because if u watched episode 4 they tell you that they wade these guys 4 who they are they called them "the modern bada**"

xXRyzonXx
09-24-2012, 12:44 AM
I find it hard to believe they would make him a templar, seeing as back in that time, he was considered a hero.

rileypoole1234
09-24-2012, 02:28 AM
I find it hard to believe they would make him a templar, seeing as back in that time, he was considered a hero.

That's the beauty of AC though, that's how it's told to us in the history books. Ubi is going to show the the true Washington here, the stuff that isn't in the history books. That goes for all of the founding fathers. We're going to see the side of them nobody else has seen. The real men, who they really are.

WhySoSeriosKal
09-24-2012, 04:16 AM
I guess, quite obviously, that, we'll just have to wait and see.

WSSK

Moultonborough
09-24-2012, 06:35 AM
I have two things to say. As to having to belong to either groups to write a book is untrue. In Brotherhood one rift has a recording of a man talking about publishing a book on Abstergo. While not knowing exactly who they were he was on to them. After he stopped talking you hear someone from Abstergo saying they needed to "Take care of the problem" most likely killing him. Also in a trailer(forget which) it shows Connor on a horse next to a guy dressed all in red. Most likely it is a Redcoat, so if George Washington finds out Connor is also killing Colonial troops/Generals I doubt he will be happy about it.

there76
09-24-2012, 07:23 AM
That depends on whether or not Washington understands the fight between the Assassins and Templar's. If he supports the assassins then he probably won't mind if kills those in his own ranks that are with the Templars..

Moultonborough
09-24-2012, 07:45 AM
If they keep with the story he should. I'm not saying he is a Templar or Assassin (obviously) but a Glyph shows him holding a POE. So he should know quite a bit about the Templar VS. Assassins war.

WhySoSeriosKal
09-24-2012, 07:21 PM
If they keep with the story he should. I'm not saying he is a Templar or Assassin (obviously) but a Glyph shows him holding a POE. So he should know quite a bit about the Templar VS. Assassins war.

Maybe he finds out about it during the progression of the story in the game.

WSSK

MasterSimaYi
09-24-2012, 08:53 PM
I have two things to say. As to having to belong to either groups to write a book is untrue. In Brotherhood one rift has a recording of a man talking about publishing a book on Abstergo. While not knowing exactly who they were he was on to them. After he stopped talking you hear someone from Abstergo saying they needed to "Take care of the problem" most likely killing him. Also in a trailer(forget which) it shows Connor on a horse next to a guy dressed all in red. Most likely it is a Redcoat, so if George Washington finds out Connor is also killing Colonial troops/Generals I doubt he will be happy about it.

I was being sarcastic. A more clear example is Friedrich der Weise in the Contracts of Brotherhood and Project Legacy, who was going to publish a book on the Assassins while not being one.

AssassinZ7
09-24-2012, 10:14 PM
10/30/12 is tooo far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sry but holding the exclamation mark is fun.....

WhySoSeriosKal
09-25-2012, 03:16 AM
10/30/12 is tooo far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sry but holding the exclamation mark is fun.....

Haha. :)

WSSK

GreatBeyonder
09-25-2012, 02:00 PM
We know quite a bit from ACII and I'll be annoyed if they retcon that info.

1. The Sixty-Four Squares Glyph shows that GW possessed a POE.

2. The Descendants Glyph shows us FDR with a POE and tells us (in Pigpen) " The Masons brought it across the sea. George Washington passed it on".

3.Later glyphs with FDR and JFK imply that POE3 is indeed handed down from Templar president to Templar president, though they did appear to have extras. JFK's assassination is revealed to have been conducted with another POE just so they could successfully retrieve the one in JFK's possession.

So really, regardless of GW's stance, he's already fated to found an American Templar dynasty. I'm sure he's one of the nice Templars, though. You know, the ones who want to rule the world for the RIGHT reasons.

LightRey
09-25-2012, 02:27 PM
We know quite a bit from ACII and I'll be annoyed if they retcon that info.

1. The Sixty-Four Squares Glyph shows that GW possessed a POE.

2. The Descendants Glyph shows us FDR with a POE and tells us (in Pigpen) " The Masons brought it across the sea. George Washington passed it on".

3.Later glyphs with FDR and JFK imply that POE3 is indeed handed down from Templar president to Templar president, though they did appear to have extras. JFK's assassination is revealed to have been conducted with another POE just so they could successfully retrieve the one in JFK's possession.

So really, regardless of GW's stance, he's already fated to found an American Templar dynasty. I'm sure he's one of the nice Templars, though. You know, the ones who want to rule the world for the RIGHT reasons.
Nobody ever said anything about Templar presidents regarding the PoE's. In fact, it seems to imply that the PoE in question did not fall into the hands of a Templar president until after JFK's death. That was precisely the reason he was assassinated.

You are either lying or misinterpreting basic information.

WhySoSeriosKal
09-25-2012, 08:04 PM
I read that the creators of the game want to keep the character as they were in real life, at least their personality. George Washington was eager to return home to Mount Vernon and his wife a great number of times and even gave up power more than once. It just wouldn't make sense if the game made him a Templar.

WSSK

AssassinZ7
09-25-2012, 10:31 PM
how may POEs are there? 3,5,7,9,..13!!!?

MasterSimaYi
09-25-2012, 10:36 PM
how may POEs are there? 3,5,7,9,..13!!!?

GreatBeyonder
09-25-2012, 11:16 PM
Nobody ever said anything about Templar presidents regarding the PoE's. In fact, it seems to imply that the PoE in question did not fall into the hands of a Templar president until after JFK's death. That was precisely the reason he was assassinated.

You are either lying or misinterpreting basic information.

Wow, that's... rude.

Anywho, they're quite specific in ACII about the facts I mentioned, so I don't really feel the need to argue the point other than request you play the game again and focus on the Glyph puzzles next time.

Or you can just check this out if you don't have the time. http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Glyphs

WhySoSeriosKal
09-25-2012, 11:38 PM

That's quite a bit. :)

WSSK

tarrero
09-26-2012, 01:07 AM
Having a POE does not automatically make you a templar.....

dxsxhxcx
09-26-2012, 01:09 AM
Having a POE does not automatically make you a templar.....

maybe because they always seem to be the first who put their hands on them in the games people like to think that way...

roostersrule2
09-26-2012, 01:13 AM
That's quite a bit. :)

WSSKSome have been destroyed though.

tarrero
09-26-2012, 01:13 AM
maybe because they always seem to be the first who put their hands on them in the games people like to think that way...

In fact I think is quite the opposite......According to the glyphs many "neutrals" like Gandhi and Jesus Christ have been killed by them. But yes!!! They are close....

roostersrule2
09-26-2012, 01:16 AM
In fact I think is quite the opposite......According to the glyphs many "neutrals" like Gandhi and Jesus Christ have been killed by them. But yes!!! They are close....Not necessarily by them but for them.

GreatBeyonder
09-26-2012, 01:27 AM
I don't really see "GW alone rules America with POE" and "GW rules America with POE as a Templar" as two very different scenarios. Its the same difference between Al Mualim and Rovert de Sable. The point is, the man was a Mason with a POE who amassed great power and passed it down to future Templar presidents. If for some reason Ubi decides he never actually used it and was a legitimate leader of men, then that's a tale for the game.

dxsxhxcx
09-26-2012, 01:34 AM
In fact I think is quite the opposite......According to the glyphs many "neutrals" like Gandhi and Jesus Christ have been killed by them. But yes!!! They are close....

I was talking about the templars we saw in game and not the people mentioned in the glyphs, Rodrigo and Al Mualim (who was with the Assassins at the time but was a Templar and had his own plans for the apple) to be more specific, I don't know if we can count Robert De Sable and I won't count Cesare because ACB was a continuation of AC2 story , in these two games (AC1, AC2) for the main platforms where they were after the Apple, the Templars were the first who got them...

tarrero
09-26-2012, 01:36 AM
It was also stated by the devps that "not everything mentioned by S16 should be consider cannon"......We will have to wait.

dxsxhxcx
09-26-2012, 01:39 AM
It was also stated by the devps that "not everything mentioned by S16 should be consider cannon"......We will have to wait.

IMO this was just a excuse they used to allow them to avoid the need to explain every single thing S16 showed us in the glyphs... :p

GreatBeyonder
09-26-2012, 01:43 AM
They started work on ACIII not long after ACII. I'm hoping they knew what they were doing by that time.

UbiGabe
09-26-2012, 01:48 AM
... Al Mualim (who was with the Assassins at the time but was a Templar and had his own plans for the apple) ...

Al Mualim was not a Templar. He was corrupted by the Apple, just like Abbas. There is a difference.

Not all the people S16 showed you were Templars... remember that Subject 16's (and Desmond's) value to Abstergo was in that he might be able to serve as a roadmap to find the current location of Pieces of Eden.

roostersrule2
09-26-2012, 01:51 AM
Al Mualim was not a Templar. He was corrupted by the Apple, just like Abbas. There is a difference.

Not all the people S16 showed you were Templars... remember that Subject 16's (and Desmond's) value to Abstergo was in that he might be able to serve as a roadmap to find the current location of Pieces of Eden.But he used both the Templars and Assassins to get the apple right?

*Edit- Just realised that was UbiGabe he's back from his slumber.

WhySoSeriosKal
09-26-2012, 01:51 AM
Some have been destroyed though.

I know, but even still.

WSSK

AltairCBM
09-26-2012, 01:56 AM
Al Mualim might not have even been, strictly speaking, an Assassin in his later days. The Apple had corrupted him and he believed in Templar beliefs at this point, most likely using the brotherhood as a front.

dxsxhxcx
09-26-2012, 01:58 AM

Not all the people S16 showed you were Templars... remember that Subject 16's (and Desmond's) value to Abstergo was in that he might be able to serve as a roadmap to find the current location of Pieces of Eden.

that was the impression he passed me in AC1, but since it's been some time since I played AC1 for the last time I used the AC wiki as source and there they say he was a Templar, but thanks for correcting me and put an end to my doubts.. :)

WhySoSeriosKal
09-26-2012, 02:42 AM
Has there been any spoilers for that game that can confirm any of these ideas?

WSSK

mohammad1963
09-26-2012, 12:41 PM
did any one have assassins creed Blog Templates ?

NOLA_Assassin
09-26-2012, 02:18 PM
ye i agree he wasn't that kinda guy he was as bad as the rest. i would hate them if they did that but we know they wont because if u watched episode 4 they tell you that they wade these guys 4 who they are they called them "the modern bada**"

Well, what do you think of George Washington overall?

MasterSimaYi
09-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Some have been destroyed though.

Yes, but that only brings it down to 46 (unless the Piece of Eden maps already foreshadowed their destruction and that the original number was 50). Well, only two were destroyed as far as we know. The Imperial Sceptre was destroyed in the Tunguska incident, and Apple of Eden #2 was somehow destroyed in the Denver International Airport incident.

I don't really see "GW alone rules America with POE" and "GW rules America with POE as a Templar" as two very different scenarios. Its the same difference between Al Mualim and Rovert de Sable. The point is, the man was a Mason with a POE who amassed great power and passed it down to future Templar presidents. If for some reason Ubi decides he never actually used it and was a legitimate leader of men, then that's a tale for the game.

I think this just shows your reluctance to see George Washington as anything but a Templar. A President "leads" a country, he doesn't "rule" it. The only Presidents whom we know possessed Apple of Eden #3 are Franklin D. Roosevelt and John F. Kennedy. All we know on Roosevelt is that he was manipulated by the Templars to help orchestrate World War II. Kennedy was not a Templar, and his conflicting views with the Templars led them to assassinate Kennedy and they had William Greer take the Apple from Kennedy amidst the confusion of his assassination. Lyndon B. Johnson was part of the Templar plot, but it is not said whether he received the Apple or not. One Templar-manipulated president does in no way imply that Washington was a Templar.

Ezio possessing an Apple of Eden did not make him a Templar either, so I really don't see your point.

While Al Mualim may indeed not have been an official member of the Templar Order, he was in league with them. He, together with Robert and Alta´r's eight Templar targets found the Apple of Eden. Also to quote Malik, "Al Mualim betrayed us all. Betrayed his Templar allies as well." Al Mualim was already scheming with the Templars before he got his hands on the Apple. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'corrupted' though, do you mean that he was allured by the artifact's supposed power?

Serrachio
09-28-2012, 12:07 AM

If Al Mualim was corrupted by the Apple, and that he wasn't a Templar, then it renders Robert de Sable's death speech meaningless, since he mentions that Al Mualim "did not want to share" - share being the key word. Al Mualim also does not deny that he was in league with the other Templars, and considering that he sent out Altair to kill the 9 others who planned to use it under the Templar cause, it seems just too convenient that he knows too much about them and is not a Templar himself secretly.

GreatBeyonder
09-29-2012, 10:44 PM
I think this just shows your reluctance to see George Washington as anything but a Templar. A President "leads" a country, he doesn't "rule" it. The only Presidents whom we know possessed Apple of Eden #3 are Franklin D. Roosevelt and John F. Kennedy. All we know on Roosevelt is that he was manipulated by the Templars to help orchestrate World War II. Kennedy was not a Templar, and his conflicting views with the Templars led them to assassinate Kennedy and they had William Greer take the Apple from Kennedy amidst the confusion of his assassination. Lyndon B. Johnson was part of the Templar plot, but it is not said whether he received the Apple or not. One Templar-manipulated president does in no way imply that Washington was a Templar.

Of course I'm reluctant. ACII shows GW had a POE and passed it on. I don't know why people would discuss George Washington in Assassins Creed III and then choose to ignore George Washington in ACII.

Assassin_M
09-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Of course I'm reluctant. ACII shows GW had a POE and passed it on. I don't know why people would discuss George Washington in Assassins Creed III and then choose to ignore George Washington in ACII.
Yeah he had an Apple...

So did Altair and Ezio. Having an apple does not make you a Templar..

GreatBeyonder
09-29-2012, 10:50 PM
No, but passing it on down to future Templar presidents might. I never said he was definitely a Templar, merely that the man was heavily connected to them.

LightRey
09-30-2012, 12:04 AM
No, but passing it on down to future Templar presidents might. I never said he was definitely a Templar, merely that the man was heavily connected to them.
How's that? What do the presidents have to do with the Templars? We know for a fact that the Templars stole a PoE from one of the presidents (JFK). If anything that shows that the presidential line was unaffiliated with the Templars (until then).

WhySoSeriosKal
09-30-2012, 01:19 AM
Man, this thread got massively (technically) off-topic.

WSSK

Calvarok
09-30-2012, 01:24 AM
How's that? What do the presidents have to do with the Templars? We know for a fact that the Templars stole a PoE from one of the presidents (JFK). If anything that shows that the presidential line was unaffiliated with the Templars (until then).
We don't know that for sure. There might have been Templar affiliated presidents other than the one we know. (George Bush)

there76
09-30-2012, 01:27 AM
We don't know that for sure. There might have been Templar affiliated presidents other than the one we know. (George Bush)

But the Gore (Assassins backed) vs Bush(Templar backed) proves that not all presidents automatically if the Assassins are able to also influence who gets into office. The only reason assassin back Gore lost was because of the great purge. Also, the Assassin's went after John Wilkes Boothe after he killed Lincoln. This seems to suggest that Lincoln was on friendly terms with the Assassins.

LightRey
09-30-2012, 01:54 AM
We know more than one. We know that Lyndon B. Johnson was a Templar (associate), who delivered the apple to the Templars after JFK's death (which is why he was assassinated).
It's possible that there have been presidents before then that were Templar (associates), but that would beg the question why they didn't take the apple for themselves. It seems somewhat un-Templar-like to let it fall into the hands of non-Templars.

NOLA_Assassin
09-30-2012, 02:02 AM
I think George Washington will be Connor's father figure; Connor does believe in him, after all.

LoyalACFan
09-30-2012, 02:14 AM
I think George Washington will be Connor's father figure; Connor does believe in him, after all.

Nah, I don't think he'll be that close to him. I foresee a relationship more akin to that between Lorenzo and Ezio, except explored in more detail.

GreatBeyonder
09-30-2012, 02:22 AM
FDR was a Templar as well, in cahoots with Churchill, Hitler, and Stalin.

LightRey
09-30-2012, 02:33 AM
Oh yeah, that is right. I'd forgotten about that. I wonder why they left the apple in the hands of the presidents.

GreatBeyonder
09-30-2012, 02:36 AM
Oh yeah, that is right. I'd forgotten about that. I wonder why they left the apple in the hands of the presidents.

I personally think GW was probably a Templar and the majority of Presidents were Templar puppets... but that's me. I'm sure the game will go into more detail, though.

WhySoSeriosKal
09-30-2012, 08:51 AM
I personally think GW was probably a Templar and the majority of Presidents were Templar puppets... but that's me. I'm sure the game will go into more detail, though.

Even still, it is a strange thing to have the Assassin symbol on his Limited Edition journal.

WSSK

NOLA_Assassin
09-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Nah, I don't think he'll be that close to him. I foresee a relationship more akin to that between Lorenzo and Ezio, except explored in more detail.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

MasterSimaYi
09-30-2012, 11:35 AM
But the Gore (Assassins backed) vs Bush(Templar backed) proves that not all presidents automatically if the Assassins are able to also influence who gets into office. The only reason assassin back Gore lost was because of the great purge. Also, the Assassin's went after John Wilkes Boothe after he killed Lincoln. This seems to suggest that Lincoln was on friendly terms with the Assassins.

George W. Bush was a Templar puppet. The Assassins only supported Al Gore because they didn't want a Templar puppet to be installed into the White House. The Assassins don't have to have been on friendly terms with Lincoln, John Wilkes Booth could simply have been a Templar. There is not enough information to fill in the blanks.

We know more than one. We know that Lyndon B. Johnson was a Templar (associate), who delivered the apple to the Templars after JFK's death (which is why he was assassinated).
It's possible that there have been presidents before then that were Templar (associates), but that would beg the question why they didn't take the apple for themselves. It seems somewhat un-Templar-like to let it fall into the hands of non-Templars.

William Greer was the one that took the Apple from Kennedy after the latter was shot. There is nothing to suggest that Johnson ever had the Apple in his hands, nor that he gave it to the Templars. And yes, there surely have been more Templar-associated Presidents that we don't know anything about yet, as could there have been neutral and Assassin-associated Presidents.

They were not Templars, they were Templar puppets.

Also, just my two cents, the Assassins fully support democracy while the Templars oppose it. The Templars frequently rig democratic elections to install their own puppets. If George Washington and the other Founding Fathers were Templars, why would they have supported to make the United States a democracy?

GreatBeyonder
09-30-2012, 01:00 PM
They were not Templars, they were Templar puppets.

Also, just my two cents, the Assassins fully support democracy while the Templars oppose it. The Templars frequently rig democratic elections to install their own puppets. If George Washington and the other Founding Fathers were Templars, why would they have supported to make the United States a democracy?

]

What makes you think it WAS a democracy? (AC-wise) Rigged elections happen in real life without need of a POE. And supporting the Templar agenda s no different than being a Templar. I don' event know how you can be a puppet if you're the one holding the Apple.

MasterSimaYi
09-30-2012, 01:10 PM
What makes you think it WAS a democracy? (AC-wise) Rigged elections happen in real life without need of a POE. And supporting the Templar agenda s no different than being a Templar. I don' event know how you can be a puppet if you're the one holding the Apple.

Regardless of whether or not the Templars rigged elections or manipulated people into voting for their puppet, it was still a democracy as the people were allowed to vote for the next President. I didn't imply that a Piece of Eden was needed to rig elections. And there is indeed a difference between being a puppet and being an actual Templar. The Encyclopedia and Abstergo Files put emphasis on this, and when I spoke to Jeffrey Yohalem and brought up Stalin being a Templar, he was quick to correct me and say "No no, he was a Templar [I]puppet[I/]. Hitler was also not an actual Templar." We don't know what people like Roosevelt actually did with the Apple or what they used it for. In my interpretation, Roosevelt was not aware of the Templars at all.

LightRey
09-30-2012, 03:00 PM
William Greer was the one that took the Apple from Kennedy after the latter was shot. There is nothing to suggest that Johnson ever had the Apple in his hands, nor that he gave it to the Templars. And yes, there surely have been more Templar-associated Presidents that we don't know anything about yet, as could there have been neutral and Assassin-associated Presidents.
I'm sorry, you're right. He just took part in the plan.

there76
09-30-2012, 04:58 PM
George W. Bush was a Templar puppet. The Assassins only supported Al Gore because they didn't want a Templar puppet to be installed into the White House. The Assassins don't have to have been on friendly terms with Lincoln, John Wilkes Booth could simply have been a Templar. There is not enough information to fill in the blanks.

Why would a templar kill another templar?

MasterSimaYi
09-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Why would a templar kill another templar?

I assume that you are talking about Booth killing Lincoln. If the Assassins are not on friendly terms with someone, that doesn't mean he is a Templar. The Assassins could just be neutral to him. Or if Lincoln was on bad terms with the Assassins, that wouldn't instantly mean he is a Templar.

WhySoSeriosKal
09-30-2012, 08:43 PM
This is a pretty good discussion. Should we make it a thread of its own as this one has shifted from George Washington?

WSSK

Assassin_M
09-30-2012, 08:44 PM
This is a pretty good discussion. Should we make it a thread of its own as this one has shifted from George Washington?

WSSK
Oh Please No..

HisSpiritLives
09-30-2012, 09:28 PM
Oh Please No..

:D

WhySoSeriosKal
09-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Oh Please No..

Well, we are kind've off-topic. I'm not making the new one, but a "Templar Chat" thread seems optional here.

WSSK

Kaloneous
09-30-2012, 11:02 PM
Interesting username, WhySoSeriousKal.

WhySoSeriosKal
10-01-2012, 02:08 AM
Interesting username, WhySoSeriousKal.

It's a mix of a quote from The Dark Knight and Superman's real name. :) Like it?

WSSK

Kaloneous
10-01-2012, 07:56 PM
It's a mix of a quote from The Dark Knight and Superman's real name. :) Like it?

WSSK

Yes actually XD

WhySoSeriosKal
10-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Yes actually XD

I was wondering if you were being sarcastic at first with your first post, but noticed your name is similar. :) Mine is geeky, yours is cool. Sounds like Spartacus or Leonidas.

WSSK