PDA

View Full Version : So the PC version comes out later than consoles, but the VITA game doesn't...

ARustyFirePlace
09-19-2012, 02:06 AM
How hard is it to port to PC, Ubisoft? The VITA game, which is a completely new game on a new platform, is out on the same day as the consoles, but the PC version isn't?

Is there any good reason for this?

Locopells
09-19-2012, 12:14 PM
No one have ever determined exactly what Ubi's agenda is. The two top theories however are:

1: Some kind of deal with the console makes to try and push up sales of PS3/Xbox vs PC.

2: The mistaken belief that it will have some effect on piracy of the PC version.

How much credit either of these have is open to debate...

andreja110s
09-19-2012, 03:23 PM
The mistaken belief that it will have some effect on piracy of the PC version.
Pfffff. Well I donīt think Ubisoft is that stupid to belive it will have effect on piracy...:S I mean, one day or another there are going to be cracks of games, it doesnīt matter when you release the game... But yeah, it bothers me, why do they release the PC version later than the console and vita one :S We will have to wait 23 days more :( Ubi, that is not fair!!!

ProletariatPleb
09-19-2012, 05:13 PM
No one have ever determined exactly what Ubi's agenda is. The two top theories however are:

1: Some kind of deal with the console makes to try and push up sales of PS3/Xbox vs PC.

2: The mistaken belief that it will have some effect on piracy of the PC version.

How much credit either of these have is open to debate...
I'd say both.

ARustyFirePlace
09-19-2012, 08:53 PM
games are always cracked first for consoles, so ridiculous.