PDA

View Full Version : What would make Desmond epic ?

Assassin_M
09-18-2012, 11:14 PM
Now we all know that Currently, Desmond has no sense of Character what so ever, that is not; however, a reason to hate him. Some people still like him that way. Desmond has been mostly colored and overshadowed by his Ancestors` Personalities and skills. He picked up some fine details to his Aura that didnt really hit the button on the direction the player wants to go with him as a Protagonist..

Now I ask, What do you think will make Desmond an Epic Protagonist ? Or a Memorable one ? An Epic Fight Scene ? An Emotional Death of a loved one ? Rage ? His own death ? Defection ? Failure ? Success ? As well as any other element that you wish to add..

KH_Austin has some Idea of what would make Desmond Awesome..(Please do not turn this into A Daniel Vs Desmond Discussion, this is merely an Idea)

You're right, but can a guy dream about saving him, lol?

Skyscraper fight, huh? Geez, many things is going through my mind about it.. the little talk to each other, then.... BAM! both click their Hidden Blades and go for each other, only for their blades to lock in the middle. Glaring each other down, they break off, Hidden blades back, they go at each other with fists and kicks.

Desmond blocks the leg, grab his wrist, and with an grunt, slamming Cross down. He focuses on puching his ugly mug, bit of stomach. Daniel counters this by reversing with an Armbar, only for Desmond to get out quickly and backflips back 10 feet.

Daniel pants as he uses his sleeve to clean the bloody nose, grinning as he finally has an worthy oppoent to face since.. what, 5 years ago against that triple agent of ours. Running toward him, Daniel did an flying kick, following up with an left, right, right, left hooks along with some roundhouse kicks to the temple.

Desmond, still getting his breath, gets beaten up by the hooks, but manages to counter the roundhouse kicks with his own moves, learning from Ezio and Connor. He pushes Cross away, taking out his knife, running toward Cross, only to be kicked back hard, his knife out of his hand.

Daniel follows up with more roundhouse kicks delvering them hard as he can. His breath coming hard, he hits Desmond in the gut, kicking him down, causing Desmond to fall. He puts his hand to Desmond's throat, saying, "I hope you are a man of Prayer, for this is your final time in this world." As he begins to puck his Blade to Desmond's throat, Desmond was able to counter with his other hand, delvering his own Hidden blade to the gut, ending the fight.

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 11:17 PM
Nice work! Thank you, M! :D

Assassin_M
09-18-2012, 11:20 PM
Nice work! Thank you, M! :D

Work ? I didnt do anything xD

You`re welcome, mate:D

Subject J80
09-18-2012, 11:21 PM
Double hidden blades and a modern day Assassin outfit........
I have a feeling Desmond will be like Luke Skywalker in Return of the Jedi............totally awesome.

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 11:25 PM
Work ? I didnt do anything xD

You`re welcome, mate:D

Lol, I mean starting up the thread.

I may need you to do this again once I got my story up and running, lol..

Assassin_M
09-18-2012, 11:27 PM
I have a feeling Desmond will be like Luke Skywalker in Return of the Jedi............totally awesome.

Ah so your Perception of Awesome is rather Physical than Symbolic ? Nice..:p

Lol, I mean starting up the thread.

I may need you to do this again once I got my story up and running, lol..

;)

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 11:28 PM

That's an idea, I may add that to my story as well. I'm going to include the iconic Tomhawk as well.

As for Desmond being like Luke skywalker, you got that part right.

ProletariatPleb
09-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Well for one, having proper mission/missions as Desmond I'd say, instead of, let's go see my own memories in FPS mode, or let's get some power for the animus and look for capes.
And some modern weaponry? I saw a Hidden Shock blade or something somewhere.
Climb to a viewpoint of a modern city maybe?

LoyalACFan
09-18-2012, 11:32 PM
The most badass thing Desmond could do would be to take some initiative. Thus far, his role has been basically "durrr, OK Lucy, I'll dig through my memories for ya..." If, say, William dies, it would be awesome if Desmond stepped up to the plate and led the team (although not the entire Order, that would just be silly since he has no idea how the modern Assassins operate).

Oh, and an epic fight scene would help as well ;)

rileypoole1234
09-18-2012, 11:32 PM
Well, assassinating somebody is a start.

ACfan443
09-18-2012, 11:35 PM
I disagree on the part where you said Desmond has 'no sense of character whatsoever'. He really came into his own in AC2 and ACB, making funny and witty comments, the banter between himself, Lucy, Rebecca and Shaun etc. Reminds me of the childish remark he made, rebecca saying to him "that's racist" to which he replied "you're racist" (still makes me laugh). If you're talking about the 'action' side of his character, then yes that is limited (though again, he was more active in ACB)

As for how they're gonna make him awesome, I have no idea, and I really can't wait to find out when the game comes out :D

LoyalACFan
09-18-2012, 11:35 PM

Technically, he assassinated Abstergo Goons #45623-45627 in the warehouse.

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 11:36 PM
Ah so your Perception of Awesome is rather Physical than Symbolic ? Nice..:p

;)

Luke was awesome, too!

:D it will be a while as I told you last night. I'm doing some serious research on some places that Desmond and the gang may go beside the obivous that we have seen in the games.

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 11:38 PM
Well for one, having proper mission/missions as Desmond I'd say, instead of, let's go see my own memories in FPS mode, or let's get some power for the animus and look for capes.
And some modern weaponry? I saw a Hidden Shock blade or something somewhere.
Climb to a viewpoint of a modern city maybe?

A Hidden Shock Blade?! Hmm, that's one idea for my story..

Oh, trust me; there will be pleany of viewpoints, lol.. too much, and we will get sick of it, hahah!!

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 11:39 PM

True dat.

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 11:40 PM
I disagree on the part where you said Desmond has 'no sense of character whatsoever'. He really came into his own in AC2 and ACB, making funny and witty comments, the banter between himself, Lucy, Rebecca and Shaun etc. Reminds me of the childish remark he made, rebecca saying to him "that's racist" to which he replied "you're racist" (still makes me laugh). If you're talking about the 'action' side of his character, then yes that is limited (though again, he was more active in ACB)

As for how they're gonna make him awesome, I have no idea, and I really can't wait to find out when the game comes out :D

I'll do both for him as well the action side shown up above.

Me too!!

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 11:41 PM
Technically, he assassinated Abstergo Goons #45623-45627 in the warehouse.

Abstergo Goons.. not very important, right?

He will do much more, yep.

r4inm4n1991
09-18-2012, 11:49 PM
Abstergo Goons.. not very important, right?

He will do much more, yep.
Like AnthonyA85 said in another thread: "Dude, stop string-posting, it's considered spamming, you will get banned for that. If you want to add something to a post you've already made, just click the edit button."

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 11:51 PM
Yes, Sir.

Legendz54
09-19-2012, 02:58 AM
That description of the Danial vs Desmond fight you got there is awesome, that would make him memorable. I think another good scene would be Desmond getting killed and while his life is ebbing away in his unconscious state he sees he's three ancestors all telling him to not give up and go on, then getting revived by the apple or temple somehow. Desmond infiltrating Abstergo to stop the satellite launch would make a perfect final mission too.

AnthonyA85
09-19-2012, 03:35 AM
Best way for desmond to be memorable? Hmm...

Leap of Faith off the top of that sky scrapper after (IF!) he kills Daniel Cross.

Killing a few of Abstergo's high-rankers, Vidic, Rikkin, and any other of the highups he meets. I HOPE we get to take out Warren at least, he's had it coming for 5 years now. That smug bastard needs to die.

LoyalACFan
09-19-2012, 03:45 AM
Killing a few of Abstergo's high-rankers, Vidic, Rikkin, and any other of the highups he meets. I HOPE we get to take out Warren at least, he's had it coming for 5 years now. That smug bastard needs to die.

AGREED. If Vidic doesn't go down, I'm gonna protest in the street in front of Ubisoft Montreal XD

KH_Austin
09-19-2012, 04:48 AM
That description of the Danial vs Desmond fight you got there is awesome, that would make him memorable. I think another good scene would be Desmond getting killed and while his life is ebbing away in his unconscious state he sees he's three ancestors all telling him to not give up and go on, then getting revived by the apple or temple somehow. Desmond infiltrating Abstergo to stop the satellite launch would make a perfect final mission too.

That would be very memorable!

And thank you for reading that. :)

KH_Austin
09-19-2012, 04:50 AM
AGREED. If Vidic doesn't go down, I'm gonna protest in the street in front of Ubisoft Montreal XD

Lol, same here!!

Paulsifer42
09-19-2012, 06:21 AM
It's sad that this won't happen, but I feel like Desmond needs his own game. I just finished II and in that one Lucy said he was being trained through the Animus, along with finding the pieces of Eden. As it stands though, it sounds like that isn't really true, or at least we won't ever be able to see his range of abilities. Or, at least not in the near future.

Assassin_M
09-19-2012, 06:25 AM
It's sad that this won't happen, but I feel like Desmond needs his own game. I just finished II and in that one Lucy said he was being trained through the Animus, along with finding the pieces of Eden. As it stands though, it sounds like that isn't really true, or at least we won't ever be able to see his range of abilities. Or, at least not in the near future.
Full Modern day game ?? Never gonna happen..

Paulsifer42
09-19-2012, 06:35 AM

That's what I'm saying. It'll never happen, but I don't think many of us will ever love him like we love Altair, Ezio, or Connor, simply because we aren't given the necessary time to get to know him. Building some imaginary moving blocks to get through a maze while we discover his past just isn't enough.

Assassin_M
09-19-2012, 06:37 AM
That's what I'm saying. It'll never happen, but I don't think many of us will ever love him like we love Altair, Ezio, or Connor, simply because we aren't given the necessary time to get to know him. Building some imaginary moving blocks to get through a maze while we discover his past just isn't enough.
To you..

I had tons of fun playing those Missions, it also helped me connect more with Desmond`s struggles..

Well, like I said.. I myself do not agree with him having no Character, but there are people who think that way..

Paulsifer42
09-20-2012, 05:22 AM
To you..

I had tons of fun playing those Missions, it also helped me connect more with Desmond`s struggles..

I did to, and I'm not saying they didn't help me feel more for him and like him more, but it still wasn't enough to like him as much as Ezio or the others.

brefcourte
09-20-2012, 02:32 PM
a lasersword and a piece of pizza

POP1Fan
09-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Pulling the hood over his head. That's everything he has to do.

CalgaryJay
09-20-2012, 03:19 PM

Thank jeebus, I was actually quite worried after ACR that AC3 was going to be a full modern day game as Desmond. That would effectively take away my favourite part of this series; nerding out in a fairly accurate historical time period, complete with landmarks to learn about (while simultaneously sticking a blade through someone's face on top of said landmark).

I'm probably in the minority, but I'm just not a fan of the Desmond angle anymore. During AC1 and even at the start of AC2 before you got in the Animus, I was actually totally into his story. I dunno if I just got tired it after awhile or what, but by AC2, after running around Florence in that beautiful environment getting your murder on, it'd feel like a drag to me after finishing a sequence & realizing you were coming back out of the Animus. I'd pretty much just run around hitting the "Talk" button as quick as I could to everyone to get back in the Animus as fast as I could. In ACR I didn't even do any of those step missions to find out more about him, think I tried one once and just gave up on it.

Part of me actually is interested to see how his story finishes, but its just that, I want it to finish and be done with him. So with that in mind, him going down against Abstergo in an ending of Scarface type blaze of glory would make him pretty epic to me.

KH_Austin
09-20-2012, 04:10 PM

I'm sorry, M, but I would be happy to have a Modern Day game with Desmond. It would be a change of pace from the past, so to speak.

Yes, that's why in Assassin's Creed 3, we will finally be able to do much Desmond more than ever.

andreja110s
09-20-2012, 04:36 PM
I like KH_Austinīs story. It could be set at night, then add heavy rain and some lightning, and at the end, after Desmond killed Daniel, he would have put the hood over his head while walking away from Danielīs body, like Ezio did in that short movie in ACR.

xXRyzonXx
09-20-2012, 04:41 PM
He needs to say "Requiscat in Pace"

KH_Austin
09-20-2012, 04:51 PM
I like KH_Austinīs story. It could be set at night, then add heavy rain and some lightning, and at the end, after Desmond killed Daniel, he would have put the hood over his head while walking away from Danielīs body, like Ezio did in that short movie in ACR.

Ooh, that's a good idea.. I should have put that in, hahah! xD

Assassin_M
09-20-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm sorry, M, but I would be happy to have a Modern Day game with Desmond. It would be a change of pace from the past, so to speak.

Yes, that's why in Assassin's Creed 3, we will finally be able to do much Desmond more than ever.

Im not saying it wouldnt be a change of Pace, Im saying that Ubisoft`s baby is the Historical aspect. they`re not just gonna throw it out of the window..

andreja110s
09-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Im not saying it wouldnt be a change of Pace, Im saying that Ubisoft`s baby is the Historical aspect. they`re not just gonna throw it out of the window..

Maybe they could do it as a DLC... Not as long and īcomplicatedī as the whole AC, just some kind of side missions

Assassin_M
09-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Maybe they could do it as a DLC... Not as long and īcomplicatedī as the whole AC, just some kind of side missions

Modern DLC ? Sure, but dont ever think they`ll make a Full fledged, Modern AC game..It just wont happen..

There is GTA, There is Mafia, There is Sleeping Dogs, There is Red Dead, There is Saints Row...

KH_Austin
09-20-2012, 05:17 PM

Yeah, I just meant it would be nice for them to do it. I don't want them to put the historical part away. Just make a modern day game for those who like it to make them shut up, you know, lol.

BTW, I never got to say it, but: Dude, nice Sig! I like CM Punk. :)

andreja110s
09-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Modern DLC ? Sure, but dont ever think they`ll make a Full fledged, Modern AC game..

I wasnīt even thinking about that. I donīt think the story would be so interesting if it was set in modern NY... It would be like Mirrorīs edge

Assassin_M
09-20-2012, 05:26 PM
I wasnīt even thinking about that. I donīt think the story would be so interesting if it was set in modern NY... It would be like Mirrorīs edge

That is sorta what Im saying xD

Yeah, I just meant it would be nice for them to do it. I don't want them to put the historical part away. Just make a modern day game for those who like it to make them shut up, you know, lol.

BTW, I never got to say it, but: Dude, nice Sig! I like CM Punk. :)
Thanks, mate:p

KH_Austin
09-20-2012, 05:29 PM
That is sorta what Im saying xD

Thanks, mate:p

Lol, you're welcome. So, do we have an update on ACInities?