PDA

View Full Version : "The Lost Archive" add on

Jmxvo1
09-18-2012, 10:53 PM
Is this 3D Tetris crap worth it?

W/out spoiling, can someone who has played tell me if there is a pay off, or am I wasting my time and 10 dollars?

Assassin_M
09-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Since you call it "Crap" already, Im assuming you did not like the Desmond Missions...

It reveals alot about 16`s personal Life, Assassin life, and things about Lucy..So if you enjoy Monlogues, Compelling Soundtrack and scenery then Yes, I`d recomend it..

Jmxvo1
09-18-2012, 11:10 PM
So far all I've done is stack blocks, run, jump, float.

I'm just asking does it keep going on and on and on like this or does it eventually change?

Is this all there is to it?

Will my mind be blown at the end?

Assassin_M
09-18-2012, 11:19 PM

I'm just asking does it keep going on and on and on like this or does it eventually change?

Its all the same.. No change in pace.. just some quirks.. but mostly the same.

Also, If you know NOTHING about 16 and Lucy then you will probably get some shock factor, not really AC II-esque mind blow, but you`ll be surprised..

r4inm4n1991
09-18-2012, 11:23 PM

You really need to let be absorved by the game, you are not enjoying an assassin game like you need to.
I can say that even in the Desmond sections on the game the levels are not done randomly, all the level was designed based on what desmonds is saying, like the city of new york, and the river when he escaped The Farm.

Assassin_M
09-18-2012, 11:25 PM
You really need to let be absorved by the game, you are not enjoying an assassin game like you need to.
I can say that even in the Desmond sections on the game the levels are not done randomly, all the level was designed based on what desmonds is saying, like the city of new york, and the river when he escaped The Farm.

Im sure he saw all of that, but it just comes down to connection. Some guys didnt really like being shown Desmond`s Life in such a manner..

Talking about my self, I enjoyed it very much and appreciated the Devs trying something different..

LoyalACFan
09-18-2012, 11:42 PM
Im sure he saw all of that, but it just comes down to connection. Some guys didnt really like being shown Desmond`s Life in such a manner..

Talking about my self, I enjoyed it very much and appreciated the Devs trying something different..

It was alright for the Desmond missions, but with the Lost Archive, it really felt like they were just milking it for all it was worth. You know the original idea for Desmond's missions was to show the same "Lucy revelation" they ultimately showed in the Lost Archive? It was just deliberately ripped from the narrative and relegated to a way-overpriced DLC. Not a fan of TLA.

r4inm4n1991
09-18-2012, 11:44 PM

Me too, its just shows that Desmond was purely data, he didn't had a body while in there, almost like a ghost.
I think people that understand more about programming and computers enjoy this parts of the game the most, like with The Matrix.

Locopells
09-19-2012, 12:45 AM
It was alright for the Desmond missions, but with the Lost Archive, it really felt like they were just milking it for all it was worth. You know the original idea for Desmond's missions was to show the same "Lucy revelation" they ultimately showed in the Lost Archive? It was just deliberately ripped from the narrative and relegated to a way-overpriced DLC. Not a fan of TLA.

Not just that - TLA was actually part of the game until they changed it to Desmond's Journey. That's why there are seven gates - for the seven memories of TLA, rather the the five of DJ.

The daft thing is it does kinda work - but I still not it's greatest fan...

Free_Hidings
09-19-2012, 05:44 AM
I seriously love the Desmond Journey's... The music is incredible, and with Desmond speaking in the background, it's fantastic... It's like the actual gaming aspect is just to keep you busy while you hear the story / music, but it's done in a way which is relevant to the story... Incredible. Not sure if I will get TLA though, will see how much money it is. Otherwise I may just watch videos on Youtube.

Assassin_M
09-19-2012, 06:39 AM
I seriously love the Desmond Journey's... The music is incredible, and with Desmond speaking in the background, it's fantastic... It's like the actual gaming aspect is just to keep you busy while you hear the story / music, but it's done in a way which is relevant to the story... Incredible. Not sure if I will get TLA though, will see how much money it is. Otherwise I may just watch videos on Youtube.
TLA is way over-priced Imo

Free_Hidings
09-19-2012, 08:10 AM
TLA is way over-priced Imo Maybe I will just watch the videos then haha

Bastiaen
09-19-2012, 04:08 PM
I love the lost archive. I'm kind of an emotional gamer. I get really immersed in the story I'm playing. I had some of my best moments in gaming while playing the lost archive.

SPOILER

I'd never experienced betrayal like that in a game. I hate lucy now. Replaying the games is both difficult and fun, because I'm looking for what Lucy is doing behind my back. It's fun because where I'd felt huge gratitude and trust for Lucy before, now there is betrayal and hatred. In the same token, 16, who I didn't really trust (because he's crazy), becomes this massively trusted character and savior figure, much more than Lucy ever was.