PDA

View Full Version : Ending theory.

WhySoSeriosKal
09-18-2012, 03:09 AM
What if the ending shows that Desmond Miles is actually just being shown through another ancestor reliving his memories? Just a thought.

WSSK

Layytez
09-18-2012, 03:11 AM
If Ubisoft did that it would be completely pointless.

WhySoSeriosKal
09-18-2012, 03:17 AM
If Ubisoft did that it would be completely pointless.

Well, it just seems like they might, is all.

WSSK

Layytez
09-18-2012, 03:20 AM
If another ancestor is reliving Desmonds memories the amount of back story they would need to create to justify it would just be dragging it on. Plus is that even possible ? Relive an ancestor reliving an ancestor ? Why go through all that trouble when you can just cut the middle man out unless you need know what Desmond does even though he learns that from his ancestors ?

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 03:29 AM
No, just no.. If they did that, I would leave the series. It's stupid to do that. It would ruin the franises.

Sickull
09-18-2012, 03:42 AM
That's really predictable, I would rather a game over screen then that.

Legendz54
09-18-2012, 03:45 AM
No, heard this theory too many times, just give Desmond the closure he deserves but still hint another game.

LoyalACFan
09-18-2012, 03:46 AM
A future Assassin reliving the memories of Desmond, who is reliving the memories of Ezio, who is reliving the memories of Altair. ASSASSINCEPTION.

But seriously, wouldn't it be a mindblow if the Templar satellite was secretly designed to stop the solar flare? The Templars have Ezio's memoirs, so they know about the impending catastrophe. Then Desmond stops the launch and dooms mankind, until he somehow finds another way (at the last second, of course ;) ) to stop it.

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 03:51 AM
A future Assassin reliving the memories of Desmond, who is reliving the memories of Ezio, who is reliving the memories of Altair. ASSASSINCEPTION.

But seriously, wouldn't it be a mindblow if the Templar satellite was secretly designed to stop the solar flare? The Templars have Ezio's memoirs, so they know about the impending catastrophe. Then Desmond stops the launch and dooms mankind, until he somehow finds another way (at the last second, of course ;) ) to stop it.

.... I don't seriously want to think about that, LoyalACFan..

LoyalACFan
09-18-2012, 04:51 AM
.... I don't seriously want to think about that, LoyalACFan..

Yeah, I don't really want it to happen either, but you can't deny it would be a ballsy move ;)

FrankieSatt
09-18-2012, 04:57 AM
Memories inside a memory? No thanks. It would be worse than the "Dream Sequence" in the 80's show Dallas, a whole season made up of nothing but dreams.

The WORST idea ever conceived and would pretty much end the Assassin's Creed series on the lowest of low notes.

projectpat06
09-18-2012, 05:38 AM
The memory within a memory thing has already been done in Brotherhood. Desmond and Lucy talked about it plus we had the Christina Missions. This whole theory wouldn't be a total surprise as it would set up for the new protagonist. Just bc Desmond may be the new protagonist's ancestor doesn't mean Altair, Ezio, and Connor are related to the new protagonist.

WhySoSeriosKal
09-18-2012, 05:57 AM
I'm just saying, be prepared for this sort've ending just in case.

WSSK

Ashen-AngelFox
09-18-2012, 06:23 AM
Just bc Desmond may be the new protagonist's ancestor doesn't mean Altair, Ezio, and Connor are related to the new protagonist.

Actually it does. Desmond's ancestors would be his descendant's ancestors. It's like my great-grandfather would be my grandson's great-great-great grandfather.

Assassin_M
09-18-2012, 06:42 AM
Actually it does. Desmond's ancestors would be his descendant's ancestors. It's like my great-grandfather would be my grandson's great-great-great grandfather.
Err No..That is assuming they all come from the same line, which is not the case..

Ezio, Altair and Connor come from different lines..

projectpat06
09-18-2012, 08:14 AM

I guess, I was just suggesting that on the same basis that Ezio is not Altair's blood relative and Connor probably won't be related to Altair or Ezio.

WhySoSeriosKal
09-18-2012, 09:18 AM
I guess, I was just suggesting that on the same basis that Ezio is not Altair's blood relative and Connor probably won't be related to Altair or Ezio.

Maybe they'll make an animated film one day, or possibly another game that shows their relationships to each other.

WSSK

LightRey
09-18-2012, 12:31 PM
It's come up before and I'll say again now what I said then: Assassin's Creed is not The Matrix.
The concept of the Animus, though it does (naturally) touch upon it, has nothing to do with the arguable lack of difference or significance of said difference between virtual realities and reality itself. The Animus is a (plot) device meant to place historical events within the context of an overarching story, which reaches its climax in the present/future.

NEURON BOMB
09-18-2012, 01:55 PM
What if it happens like this,Desmond goes into the temple,saves the world,dies years later and the whole cycle starts over than his descendant has to find a way to stop it but Desmond never told them how he did it because he was told he couldn't and the descendant uses the animus to find the answer locked in his Dna and therefore needed to relive Altair,Ezio and Connor's memories and in turn those of Desmond because they are like doors that needed to be unlocked before he could see how Desmond saved the world,But i would also not like this type of ending.

LightRey
09-18-2012, 05:55 PM
What if it happens like this,Desmond goes into the temple,saves the world,dies years later and the whole cycle starts over than his descendant has to find a way to stop it but Desmond never told them how he did it because he was told he couldn't and the descendant uses the animus to find the answer locked in his Dna and therefore needed to relive Altair,Ezio and Connor's memories and in turn those of Desmond because they are like doors that needed to be unlocked before he could see how Desmond saved the world,But i would also not like this type of ending.
Punctuation, young'in. Please use it, all of it.

Anyways, no, that would not make it better or more likely.

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Punctuation, young'in. Please use it, all of it.

Anyways, no, that would not make it better or more likely.

I agree with you, LightRay.

So, you ready for the epic game that is Assassin's Creed 3?!

LightRey
09-18-2012, 06:04 PM
I agree with you, LightRay.

So, you ready for the epic game that is Assassin's Creed 3?!
Is anyone ever ready for an AC game? xD
I expect my mind to be blown, which is how I like it (provided it stays within the metaphorical realm).

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Is anyone ever ready for an AC game? xD
I expect my mind to be blown, which is how I like it (provided it stays within the metaphorical realm).

Lol, I'm ready for it!!

Same here; I mean, with Assassin's Creed games, everything is an mind f**k, you know.

r4inm4n1991
09-18-2012, 07:55 PM
ill tell you my theory in the October 31!....or 32.

WhySoSeriosKal
09-18-2012, 09:40 PM
ill tell you my theory in the October 31!....or 32.

Now this is someone who knows how to craft a theory.

WSSK

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Now this is someone who knows how to craft a theory.

WSSK

But by then, we'll all know the truth! there's no need for theroies.

WhySoSeriosKal
09-18-2012, 11:05 PM
But by then, we'll all know the truth! there's no need for theroies.

That's the joke. :)

WSSK

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 11:07 PM
That's the joke. :)

WSSK

Ah, that's right.. It's Assassin's Creed, you know.. all the secrets, all the lies, and pretty much all the mindf**ks.

Yep, never ends.

WhySoSeriosKal
09-18-2012, 11:12 PM
Ah, that's right.. It's Assassin's Creed, you know.. all the secrets, all the lies, and pretty much all the mindf**ks.

Yep, never ends.

Assassin's Creed IV is next, I'm to assume.

WSSK

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 11:14 PM
Assassin's Creed IV is next, I'm to assume.

WSSK

I heard they were going to take a break for a while then go back to work.. then again, it's Ubisoft we are talking about here.

Assassin_M
09-18-2012, 11:16 PM
I heard they were going to take a break for a while then go back to work.. then again, it's Ubisoft we are talking about here.

Break ??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIgfiSzCy1o

WhySoSeriosKal
09-18-2012, 11:16 PM

Ah, well, I don't know.

WSSK

WhySoSeriosKal
09-18-2012, 11:22 PM
Break ??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIgfiSzCy1o

Awesome video.

WSSK

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 11:45 PM
Awesome video.

WSSK

LMAO!!!! I actually broke out laughing outloud!

WhySoSeriosKal
09-19-2012, 12:22 AM
LMAO!!!! I actually broke out laughing outloud!

It's a classic. :)

WSSK

KH_Austin
09-19-2012, 12:29 AM
It's a classic. :)

WSSK

I have to agree with you on that. :)

WhySoSeriosKal
09-19-2012, 12:32 AM
I have to agree with you on that. :)

I laugh whenever I see it. :)

WSSK

KH_Austin
09-19-2012, 12:35 AM
-sighs- This is too long to wait for the game! We need a fun way to pass the time... any ideas?!

Locopells
09-19-2012, 12:39 AM
I laugh whenever I see it. :)

WSSK

You ain't the only one. That's why M ain't the only one that uses it...

KH_Austin
09-19-2012, 12:51 AM
You ain't the only one. And M ain't the only one that uses it...

Oh? So who do use it alot?

Locopells
09-19-2012, 12:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdYtXeKGeu8&feature=plcp

WhySoSeriosKal
09-19-2012, 01:05 AM
-sighs- This is too long to wait for the game! We need a fun way to pass the time... any ideas?!

Play the previous games. :)

WSSK

WhySoSeriosKal
09-19-2012, 01:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdYtXeKGeu8&feature=plcp

Nice. :)

WSSK

KH_Austin
09-19-2012, 01:08 AM
Play the previous games. :)

WSSK

Lol, oh, I am.. I'm currently replaying Revelations for a while.. I'm trying to get the city up to 100% and I have like 94% to go.. waiting for the money to come on is very long to wait!

I managed to finish Desmond's Journey yesterday.

WhySoSeriosKal
09-19-2012, 01:10 AM
Lol, oh, I am.. I'm currently replaying Revelations for a while.. I'm trying to get the city up to 100% and I have like 94% to go.. waiting for the money to come on is very long to wait!

I managed to finish Desmond's Journey yesterday.

Very nice. :)

WSSK

KH_Austin
09-19-2012, 01:12 AM
Very nice. :)

WSSK

How about you? What do you do to make time go past fast?

WhySoSeriosKal
09-19-2012, 01:26 AM
How about you? What do you do to make time go past fast?

I play the other games. Haha. :)

WSSK

KH_Austin
09-19-2012, 01:33 AM
I play the other games. Haha. :)

WSSK

I see..

Which game are you on now?

WhySoSeriosKal
09-19-2012, 01:59 AM
I see..

Which game are you on now?

I've mostly been playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations. :)

WSSK

KH_Austin
09-19-2012, 05:12 AM
I've mostly been playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations. :)

WSSK

Cool. :)

Which Seq. are you on?

WhySoSeriosKal
09-19-2012, 05:16 AM
Cool. :)

Which Seq. are you on?

I actually can't remember, but I'd like to think I'm pretty far into it. :) The third game will be my favorite as long as George Washington isn't made a villain.

WSSK

WhySoSeriosKal
09-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Good news. :)

http://www.shacknews.com/article/75905/assassins-creed-3-leaves-plenty-of-seeds-for-future-games

"The ending should not come out of no where. You will not wake up and find that you were in an Animus reliving the life of someone who was in an Animus. We are not doing that. It was not all just a dream."

WSSK

RatonhnhakeFan
09-25-2012, 11:40 AM

http://www.shacknews.com/article/75905/assassins-creed-3-leaves-plenty-of-seeds-for-future-games

"The ending should not come out of no where. You will not wake up and find that you were in an Animus reliving the life of someone who was in an Animus. We are not doing that. It was not all just a dream."

WSSK
haha good, we can cross this one off from the list xD

LightRey
09-25-2012, 01:22 PM

WSSK
Good. I will bookmark that in case someone decides to bring it up again.

WhySoSeriosKal
09-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Good. I will bookmark that in case someone decides to bring it up again.

Good man. :)

WSSK

ACfan443
09-25-2012, 08:12 PM

WSSK

"many seeds will be planted for future games" Interesting...
Alex Hutchinson already confirmed at Gamescom and in Loomer's interview that they knew "exactly where they were going next"

With the ending, I'm glad Corey said it'll be a lengthy one. After 5 games of Desmond, we need a long, fulfilling closure.

WhySoSeriosKal
09-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Alex Hutchinson already confirmed at Gamescom and in Loomer's interview that they knew "exactly where they were going next"

With the ending, I'm glad Corey said it'll be a lengthy one. After 5 games of Desmond, we need a long, fulfilling closure.

Agreed. :)

WSSK

KH_Austin
09-25-2012, 09:28 PM

How lengthy is length?

Potato54321
09-25-2012, 09:30 PM

I don't know why you guys are dismissing this. It would make for a very interesting ending. Just imagine, the Templars are using the satellite as blackmail - they will destroy the Earth unless people give in to their demands. Remember, they believe in absolutes. I could completely see them deciding that completely destroyed is better than unbalanced.

Desmond has to figure out how to use the satellite but without caving into their demands.

ACfan443
09-25-2012, 10:45 PM
How lengthy is length?

No idea, pretty lengthy I hope. I'm sure I'll have my eyes glued to the screen throughout :D

SteelCity999
09-25-2012, 10:48 PM
No idea, pretty lengthy I hope. I'm sure I'll have my eyes glued to the screen throughout :D

Didn't someone say there was 2 1/2 to 3 hours of cinematics? There has to be a good wrap up in there somewhere...

rileypoole1234
09-25-2012, 11:05 PM
How lengthy is length?

The length of length equals some length which is quite lengthy.

ACfan443
09-25-2012, 11:32 PM
Didn't someone say there was 2 1/2 to 3 hours of cinematics? There has to be a good wrap up in there somewhere...

Definitely, how long would you say the ending cutscene for AC3 will be? Revelations' was around 8 minutes, so I'd say AC3's should be nearly double that.

KH_Austin
09-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Definitely, how long would you say the ending cutscene for AC3 will be? Revelations' was around 8 minutes, so I'd say AC3's should be nearly double that.

Wow! So, the ending will be even longer.. can't wait for it!

AltairCBM
09-26-2012, 01:35 AM
Desmond ending wise, probably a long cutscene. Sixteen minutes, I doubt it. But longer than Revelations'. Connor's ending will probably be those "Epilogue missions".

INDIANA_PRIDE
09-26-2012, 03:35 AM
I highly doubt it.

roostersrule2
09-26-2012, 03:41 AM
I think the epilogue missions will just be missions that barely extend the story and are there just for extra knowledge.

monster_rambo
09-26-2012, 06:39 AM
I think the epilogue missions will just be missions that barely extend the story and are there just for extra knowledge.

I'm excited for those. Ubisoft has never fail to amaze me. The epilogue missions could be a continuation and a short brief introduction of the next AC game. Perhaps they are introducing characters, or a descendent of Desmond, that needs to relive the life of his ancestors to find a solution to save the world from another catastrophe. This scenario is highly unlikely because that would be too cliche. Maybe we live the lives of people during the First Civilization and find out more about TWCB....ugghh I don't know what is the purpose of the epilogue missions but it could add to another cliffhanger I'm afraid.

monster_rambo
09-26-2012, 06:42 AM

I wouldn't take the developers word so literally. They have been somewhat inconsistent in the past with their pre-release statements. If it happens that we do get 2 1/2 to 3hrs of cinematics, that would be exciting to see. Perhaps a lengthy and epic ending.

roostersrule2
09-26-2012, 07:15 AM
I wouldn't take the developers word so literally. They have been somewhat inconsistent in the past with their pre-release statements. If it happens that we do get 2 1/2 to 3hrs of cinematics, that would be exciting to see. Perhaps a lengthy and epic ending.The game with shortest amount of cinematics is AC1 but I don't know how many hours of cinematics it had. However ACB had 2 1/2hrs, ACR had 2 3/4hrs and AC2 had 3hrs of cinematics so having 2 1/2-3hrs of cinematics isn't a stretch at all.

monster_rambo
09-26-2012, 07:24 AM
The game with shortest amount of cinematics is AC1 but I don't know how many hours of cinematics it had. However ACB had 2 1/2hrs, ACR had 2 3/4hrs and AC2 had 3hrs of cinematics so having 2 1/2-3hrs of cinematics isn't a stretch at all.

When we talk about cinematics, are we talking about in-game cutscenes or seperate cutscenes with CGI rendered graphics. There is no way that Revelations had anywhere close to 2.75 hours of cinematics. All I could remember is the ending of ACR which lasted approximately 8 minutes, Ezio's letters to Claudia, and the opening of Assassin's Creed. If we include the in-game cutscenes then of course it will be longer but there is absolutely no way it could be this long for Revelations considering the game could be finished in 10 hours or less (main story+side missions).

roostersrule2
09-26-2012, 07:49 AM
When we talk about cinematics, are we talking about in-game cutscenes or seperate cutscenes with CGI rendered graphics. There is no way that Revelations had anywhere close to 2.75 hours of cinematics. All I could remember is the ending of ACR which lasted approximately 8 minutes, Ezio's letters to Claudia, and the opening of Assassin's Creed. If we include the in-game cutscenes then of course it will be longer but there is absolutely no way it could be this long for Revelations considering the game could be finished in 10 hours or less (main story+side missions).Yea I'm talking about every cutscene.

IWGCJoeCool
09-26-2012, 12:55 PM
good thought. the conclusion would have to be that the Assassins have won a victory, even a major victory...but not "the" victory. no way AC3 is the end of the franchise. the idea that Desmond is another ancestor memory is a perfect setup....for the Templars still being a threat, and for going into other time periods and locations.

JC

Zebroneath
09-26-2012, 03:14 PM
Maybe an actual choice would be given at the end of the game, similar to how Deus Ex: Human Revolution did. Desmond could choose whether to launch the satellite to control humanity or destroy it and save it. The reason I think this is because, throughout the game, we would be given the different, gray view points of the Templars and the Assassins, letting the player think for himself for what he thinks is the right thing to do.

As a bit of personal preferences, Daniel Cross could serve as the final boss of the game, him being the Templar sleeper cell in The Fall. It would be a great final fight to pit Assassin against Assassin/Templar.