PDA

View Full Version : Some Desmond News..

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 02:07 AM
http://www.gamezone.com/products/assassin-s-creed-iii/news/desmond-s-big-payoff-in-assassin-s-creed-3-will-make-him-amazing

So, that's awesome! :D Now, I really want the game so badly!

Discuss!

Sarari
09-18-2012, 02:25 AM
I'm not buying it. Ubisoft said that Brotherhood was going to be their greatest game. Failed. Said the same for Revelations. Failed. I'm not convinced at all that Desmond's part especially will be epic and make him seem cool. I think they're going to come up with some cliche ending for him. The past 2 games have pretty much let me down big time.

Assassin_M
09-18-2012, 02:32 AM
I'm not buying it. Ubisoft said that Brotherhood was going to be their greatest game. Failed. Said the same for Revelations. Failed. I'm not convinced at all that Desmond's part especially will be epic and make him seem cool. I think they're going to come up with some cliche ending for him. The past 2 games have pretty much let me down big time.
Then you might as well not believe ANYTHING they say about the game..

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 02:33 AM

Wow, cynical much, Sarari?

I have to disagree with you on both games; Brotherhood was the best while Revelations has its ups and downs, it delivers what is needed; the ending of Altair and Ezio's era.

Umbra_Blade
09-18-2012, 02:34 AM
I am reserving judgement until I play the game. The way I see it, the lower I put my standards for the Desmond sections, the more pleasantly surprised by them I will be. :p

Soulid_Snake
09-18-2012, 02:47 AM
If I'm being honest, I engaged more with Desmond's Ancestors than him!

Layytez
09-18-2012, 02:50 AM
I wanna see how Desmond has matured since the events of ACR. Ubisoft better not drop that "the sun" "your son" and eve bussiness. Those are one of the most interesting unexplained details about Desmond.

Assassin_M
09-18-2012, 02:53 AM
If I'm being honest, I engaged more with Desmond's Ancestors than him!
That`s the case with most of us really xD

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 03:01 AM
That`s the case with most of us really xD

Agreed! xD

But I'm sure we will be really surpised at what Desmond can do once we own the long awaited game of the year: Assassin's Creed 3!!

BRING IT!!

AssassinVenice
09-18-2012, 03:01 AM
I could play the same ACB game with a different setting for my whole life and still be entertained by it, BECAUSE I'M A TRUE FAN! :D

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 03:03 AM
I wanna see how Desmond has matured since the events of ACR. Ubisoft better not drop that "the sun" "your son" and eve bussiness. Those are one of the most interesting unexplained details about Desmond.

I have to agree with you: Desmond has gotten some experince from being withi his ancentors. Now it's time to use those skills and causes one death to halt a thousand Templars down!

kudos17
09-18-2012, 03:06 AM
They better give Desmond a good portion. He has potential but it's been squandered so much. I hope they flesh him out to be a capable and active assassin in the third one.

AnthonyA85
09-18-2012, 03:10 AM
To be honest, i too am a little skeptical.

I didn't play Desmond's Journey in ACR, for the simple reason that it just looked unplayable from what i saw on youtube. FPS perspective and platforming DO NOT mix well. I (like most of us) was expecting Desmond's memories to be played in 3rd person, and actually RELIVING his memories, not dodging lasers and hopping around platforms with a 45 degree field of view.

Thankfully, i'll only have to wait 5 more weeks until the game comes out. :)

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 03:11 AM
They better give Desmond a good portion. He has potential but it's been squandered so much. I hope they flesh him out to be a capable and active assassin in the third one.

Oh, I wouldn't worry too much. Until we know for sure, we have to wait 40 more days! Gah, that's too long! Dx

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 03:13 AM
To be honest, i too am a little skeptical.

I didn't play Desmond's Journey in ACR, for the simple reason that it just looked unplayable from what i saw on youtube. FPS perspective and platforming DO NOT mix well. I (like most of us) was expecting Desmond's memories to be played in 3rd person, and actually RELIVING his memories, not dodging lasers and hopping around platforms with a 45 degree field of view.

What's wrong with Desmond's Journey? I seem to like it. It's an change of pace for an while to get away from Ezio.

Yep, only 5 more weeks.. shoot, I want an sleep chamber right now so I can sleep until Oct. 27!

Assassin_M
09-18-2012, 03:14 AM
What's wrong with Desmond's Journey? I seem to like it. It's an change of pace for an while to get away from Ezio.

Yep, only 5 more weeks.. shoot, I want an sleep chamber right now so I can sleep until Oct. 27!
I liked those too..

Its just that people expected things... and Expectation leads to disappointment..

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 03:28 AM
I liked those too..

Its just that people expected things... and Expectation leads to disappointment..

I'm glad you do, Assassin_M. Seems nobody likes first person view games, which is ironic since Poral series is one of them and I love it!!

Yeah, it's better to wait and see how it goes than to find out that everything you wanted is not in there.

Like you said, M, Expectation leads to disappointment. Disappointment leads into darkness. That is the Templar way. Stay away from it!!

Layytez
09-18-2012, 03:29 AM
I have a feeling Desmond will take charge even though his dad is there.

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 03:36 AM
I have a feeling Desmond will take charge even though his dad is there.

I think you're right on that. Until we know more, it's all theories.

Sickull
09-18-2012, 03:36 AM
I was expecting Desmond's memories to be played in 3rd person, and actually RELIVING his memories, not dodging lasers and hopping around platforms with a 45 degree field of view.

How would that work though? if they actually let you play out his memories wouldn't that mean that one moment you're training to be an assassin and then the next you're pouring drinks at some shallow club. Desmond ran away to be a regular guy how do you make being normal awesome?

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 03:56 AM
How would that work though? if they actually let you play out his memories wouldn't that mean that one moment you're training to be an assassin and then the next you're pouring drinks at some shallow club. Desmond ran away to be a regular guy how do you make being normal awesome?

By making it to a movie! :D

Lol, in seriousness, I don't think it would work that way; I think they did it right for Revelations. Now, it's time for Assassin's Creed 3!

kriegerdesgottes
09-18-2012, 04:31 AM
I am reserving judgement until I play the game. The way I see it, the lower I put my standards for the Desmond sections, the more pleasantly surprised by them I will be. :p

Yeah honestly I have to agree with this. We will just have to wait and see.

Aphex_Tim
09-18-2012, 05:33 AM

It's just that how it's done doesn't really make sense. Desmond has been trained to be a very skilled and agile free-runner through the bleeding effect and the animus core looks like it could be a perfect setting for some awesome parkour gameplay. Instead we got first-person platforming with extremely clunky controls. I liked the story and setting of Desmond's Journey but it's gameplay just kinda destroyed it for me.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
09-18-2012, 06:04 AM

Your loss :D

HisSpiritLives
09-18-2012, 11:33 AM
I dont know more then you other do about AC3 but still even if it isnt released yet I am 100% sure that this will be best in series.

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 03:34 PM
It's just that how it's done doesn't really make sense. Desmond has been trained to be a very skilled and agile free-runner through the bleeding effect and the animus core looks like it could be a perfect setting for some awesome parkour gameplay. Instead we got first-person platforming with extremely clunky controls. I liked the story and setting of Desmond's Journey but it's gameplay just kinda destroyed it for me.

I don't think it does. They had to do something for Desmond, so this is how they did it. I'm glad you enjoyed his story and the setting, but come on.

If you remember, the Portal series was like that minus the blocks and I enjoyed it all greatly! I think you just don't like first person view games like that.

At least Desmond's story will be larger in Assassin's Creed 3.

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Your loss :D

Agreed. Seems he's not an fan of the games series after all. Hypocrite.

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 03:39 PM
I dont know more then you other do about AC3 but still even if it isnt released yet I am 100% sure that this will be best in series.

Some people has said this game is likely to win Game of the Year.. I'm inclied to agree with them. 3 years working on this, I'm sure it deserved some reward!

I have heard that if you pre-ordered Assassin's Creed 3 on Xbox 360, you can get it early! I'm PS3 player, sadly.. but if you are, great!

What are you looking forward to it?

Umbra_Blade
09-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Agreed. Seems he's not an fan of the games series after all. Hypocrite.

Bit harsh don't ya think? Being a fan doesn't mean you have to love every aspect of something. He just didn't like the Desmond sections, what's wrong with that? He is allowed to state his opinion, isn't he? I don't really get what people see in saying they are a 'true' fan of a series, it is just a form of elitism in my eyes, and it is a real shame for it to occur on this forum. I fail to see how he is a hypocrite also :confused:

Aphex_Tim
09-18-2012, 04:06 PM
I don't think it does. They had to do something for Desmond, so this is how they did it. I'm glad you enjoyed his story and the setting, but come on.

If you remember, the Portal series was like that minus the blocks and I enjoyed it all greatly! I think you just don't like first person view games like that.

At least Desmond's story will be larger in Assassin's Creed 3.

I think you're kinda missing my point, the main character in the Portal games (which i love) is not a highly trained and skilled free-runner, unlike Desmond.
That and the controls in Portal felt a lot more fluid. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to suddenly have Desmond play as a first-person character with clunky controls.

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Bit harsh don't ya think? Being a fan doesn't mean you have to love every aspect of something. He just didn't like the Desmond sections, what's wrong with that? He is allowed to state his opinion, isn't he? I don't really get what people see in saying they are a 'true' fan of a series, it is just a form of elitism in my eyes, and it is a real shame for it to occur on this forum. I fail to see how he is a hypocrite also :confused:

Ok, that was harsh. I'm sorry about that.

Nothing wrong about that; just tired of people hating on Desmond and his story.

Yes, he does have the right to do so.

Again, I'm sorry. Let's begone be begone. Forget about it.

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 04:14 PM
I think you're kinda missing my point, the main character in the Portal games (which i love) is not a highly trained and skilled free-runner, unlike Desmond.
That and the controls in Portal felt a lot more fluid. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to suddenly have Desmond play as a first-person character with clunky controls.

Ok, that's true.

But it works for now as of Revelations. There's no need for it in Assassin's Creed 3, am I right?

andreja110s
09-18-2012, 04:15 PM

I sooo agree with you and Aphex_Tim. The story is really interesting, but the FPS ruined everything. But from the gameplays I donīt think the gameplay will let me down :) although I am not sure I will like the naval battles... Well Iīll just have to wait until 23.11.

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 04:32 PM
Did anyone like those beats from Desmond's Journey Part 4? I could imagine being there and dancing around. :D

andreja110s
09-18-2012, 04:51 PM
Did anyone like those beats from Desmond's Journey Part 4? I could imagine being there and dancing around. :D

I loved that!!

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 04:55 PM
I loved that!!

glad to see that, Andreja110s! :D

I want more of it, lol. That's why I'm watching Desmond's Journey Part 4 on Youtube, lol.

Aphex_Tim
09-18-2012, 04:59 PM
glad to see that, Andreja110s! :D

I want more of it, lol. That's why I'm watching Desmond's Journey Part 4 on Youtube, lol.

I'm bummed that track wasn't included in the soundtrack. On Youtube you can only find low quality versions or fan remakes.

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm bummed that track wasn't included in the soundtrack. On Youtube you can only find low quality versions or fan remakes.

Duly noted.. they should have put it in there anyway! that's the point of havng a soundtrack: to hear all the songs from the game.

Those beats are too good to stay away!

IceHot100
09-18-2012, 05:18 PM

The sun, your son? guess they'll keep that for the next game in the franchise...

andreja110s
09-18-2012, 05:29 PM

I found this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbZVqolerSY ...
EDIT: Well this is not the right right one... But I just downloaded the soundtrack from the link in the description and it is great :D

Jamiedwi
09-18-2012, 05:44 PM
I'm not sure if we are allowed to talk about the achievements on here even though they've been released but

Spoiler

judging from the first few it looks like Desmond will be going to a few places around America and actually have some fully fledged missions.

PS @ KH_Austin love your sig :)

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 05:53 PM
I'm not sure if we are allowed to talk about the achievements on here even though they've been released but

Spoiler

judging from the first few it looks like Desmond will be going to a few places around America and actually have some fully fledged missions.

PS @ KH_Austin love your sig :)

We can talk about it freely, Jamiedwi.

And thank you! I'm proud of it, lol.

MT4K
09-18-2012, 05:58 PM
It's usually best to keep discussion about the achievements to the achievement thread to avoid accidentally spoiling things for people who wish to avoid them. If people MUST post them in other threads. Then make sure there is a spoiler warning first.

Alabama Love
09-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Yeah... those Desmond missions were disappointing as hell. Super clunky
Also a lot of the info that was talked about during those sections, we already knew from previous games.

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 06:00 PM
It's usually best to keep discussion about the achievements to the achievement thread to avoid accidentally spoiling things for people who wish to avoid them. If people MUST post them in other threads. Then make sure there is a spoiler warning first.

Oh, my bad, MT4k. Thanks for letting us know! :)

NewBlade200
09-18-2012, 06:09 PM
I was about to click the link but then I realized that this could be the first game since the start where I didn't know anything about the Des story :)

Sarari
09-18-2012, 09:40 PM
Ok ok, I might have went a bit overboard on my last comment. I actually replayed all the games because I got a new xbox, and I realized how fun each of them were. But I'm still a bit disappointed with Brohood and Revelations. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE them both, but Ubisoft exaggerated a lot about ACB and ACR. Don't ask me what because you know what I mean and everybody felt the same way. After brotherhood was released, there were threads about how it sucked and that it was short and too easy.

But I'm not fully on board with this game. I want it the game right now so bad, but I'm not going crazy like the past games.

rileypoole1234
09-18-2012, 09:52 PM
But I'm not fully on board with this game. I want it the game right now so bad, but I'm not going crazy like the past games.

Not being as excited means you are going crazy.

Assassin_M
09-18-2012, 10:34 PM
Not being as excited means you are going crazy.

Indeed..

Either way.. You must be crazy.

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Indeed..

Either way.. You must be crazy.

Does that mean I'm crazy, too, M? :O

Assassin_M
09-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Does that mean I'm crazy, too, M? :O

You are going crazy to get the game, right ??

Im crazy, You are crazy HELL I even think Shade may be going Crazy xD

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 11:12 PM
You are going crazy to get the game, right ??

Im crazy, You are crazy HELL I even think Shade may be going Crazy xD

LMAO!!!

Heck, I'm sure Escoblade is doggone crazy, too! haha.. I wonder if he will respond to ths.. :O

If so, I'm going to hide in the shades! *puts hood up*

Assassin_M
09-18-2012, 11:17 PM
LMAO!!!

Heck, I'm sure Escoblade is doggone crazy, too! haha.. I wonder if he will respond to ths.. :O

If so, I'm going to hide in the shades! *puts hood up*

Im more concerned about the Police(Widow):p

r4inm4n1991
09-18-2012, 11:34 PM

Don't be, i just assassinated Esco and Shade and she didn't even noticed...oops!

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 11:42 PM

Crap, I forgot about him! *runs away as far as I can!* :P

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Don't be, i just assassinated Esco and Shade and he didn't even noticed...oops!

You did what?! Dude, that just bring even more trouble to us! Now we have to fight them off... -__-

MT4K
09-18-2012, 11:50 PM
I'll just point out that Widow is a She ;).

r4inm4n1991
09-18-2012, 11:52 PM
You did what?! Dude, that just bring even more trouble to us! Now we have to fight them off... -__-

Insieme per la vittoria!

PS: Slayer_WTF correct me if im wrong xD

LightRey
09-18-2012, 11:54 PM
I miss the days when the forum could show the gender of a person on their profile.

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 11:57 PM

Really, Widow is an She? Huh, I should have known..

Locopells
09-19-2012, 12:43 AM
Hence the name...

Black Widow spider? Marvel character? You get the idea...

KH_Austin
09-19-2012, 12:47 AM
Hence the name...

Black Widow spider? Marvel character? You get the idea...

Yeah, I did. I just assumed Widow was a guy and the spider was just to scare us..

Locopells
09-19-2012, 12:55 AM
Well she can be kinda scary if she jumps you when you're not expecting it...

Anyway, what were we talking about?

KH_Austin
09-19-2012, 01:10 AM
Well she can be kinda scary if she jumps you when you're not expecting it...

Anyway, what were we talking about?

..... Now you're making me pariniod.

Uhh.. we were talking about the news of Desmond Miles getting a bigger role.

AssassinGame1
09-19-2012, 01:52 AM
http://www.gamezone.com/products/assassin-s-creed-iii/news/desmond-s-big-payoff-in-assassin-s-creed-3-will-make-him-amazing

So, that's awesome! :D Now, I really want the game so badly!

Discuss!

Will this help too? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PilW4q8obC4&list=UUwsLXInOtJM01ZCslCeuWxQ&index=2&feature=plpp_video

Locopells
09-19-2012, 01:57 AM
..... Now you're making me paranoid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju29aXGLkXg&feature=plcp

I know they're trying to keep Desmond under wraps and all, but I wouldn't mind a short sample, just to get the feel of things

KH_Austin
09-19-2012, 04:57 AM
Will this help too? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PilW4q8obC4&list=UUwsLXInOtJM01ZCslCeuWxQ&index=2&feature=plpp_video

Yes, this will help greatly! Thank you, AssassinGame1!

Avelarenakili
09-19-2012, 07:52 AM
I Just don't see it happening. They have made so much money off of these games which are truly revolutionary to modern day gaming. I mean Ubi always has the best game out there in my opinion, however i am totally biased because i think the 300 other first person shooter games out there are unoriginal, boring, and literally the same exact thing over and over again. I mean i could see how they would think that Assassins Creed has had a good run and that taking it to the present would be a bit too much, but at the same time with how successful these games have been and how much people get into the story line i think they would be foolish not to try. I for one am still holding out hope that They will have a game after this, probably by a different name or a different sub title with present day Desmond ending the struggle between the Templars and Assassins once and for all, taking the fight straight to there front door- or back door if you know what i am saying:). A little cloak and dagger and finally the struggle between freedom and order would be over allowing the free world to grow as they would without a top secret evil conspiracy manipulating them at every turn. Either way, as long as they leave guns out of the picture, i think we can all look forward to it either rapping up in this game or the next. I am extremely excited to see the next line of games ubisoft comes out with whether it is after ACIII or ACP(present day). And two weapons at once in a Ubi game? can i get a what what!? Havn't seen that since PrinceofPersia and I'm SO SIKED.

Assassin_M
09-19-2012, 07:55 AM
I Just don't see it happening. They have made so much money off of these games which are truly revolutionary to modern day gaming. I mean Ubi always has the best game out there in my opinion, however i am totally biased because i think the 300 other first person shooter games out there are unoriginal, boring, and literally the same exact thing over and over again. I mean i could see how they would think that Assassins Creed has had a good run and that taking it to the present would be a bit too much, but at the same time with how successful these games have been and how much people get into the story line i think they would be foolish not to try. I for one am still holding out hope that They will have a game after this, probably by a different name or a different sub title with present day Desmond ending the struggle between the Templars and Assassins once and for all, taking the fight straight to there front door- or back door if you know what i am saying:). A little cloak and dagger and finally the struggle between freedom and order would be over allowing the free world to grow as they would without a top secret evil conspiracy manipulating them at every turn. Either way, as long as they leave guns out of the picture, i think we can all look forward to it either rapping up in this game or the next. I am extremely excited to see the next line of games ubisoft comes out with whether it is after ACIII or ACP(present day). And two weapons at once in a Ubi game? can i get a what what!? Havn't seen that since PrinceofPersia and I'm SO SIKED.
AC III is Desmond`s last Game..

Black_Widow9
09-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Yeah. You never really know what I'm capable of. Muahahaha

http://youtu.be/e7muCTPsD7U

Now back on topic you crazy Assassin's!

Locopells
09-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Yeah - that's kinda what I had in mind...

andreja110s
09-19-2012, 02:16 PM

LOOOOL!! XD
On topic: if the Desmond story is going to end, I hope it will have a really good ending. I hate it when you donīt know what is going to happen next( the AC1, ACB and ACR ending)...

KH_Austin
09-19-2012, 05:54 PM

Now back on topic you crazy Assassin's!

Ahhh!! It's Widow! :O

I'm not worthy in your place, Widow! *bows down to the master spy*

Yes, Madam!!

POP1Fan
09-19-2012, 06:00 PM
LOOOOL!! XD
On topic: if the Desmond story is going to end, I hope it will have a really good ending. I hate it when you donīt know what is going to happen next( the AC1, ACB and ACR ending)...

You knew that Lucy was going to get killed? O_O

andreja110s
09-19-2012, 06:13 PM

No, why?

KH_Austin
09-19-2012, 06:14 PM

I didn't! :O

POP1Fan
09-19-2012, 07:21 PM
No, why?

Sorry, my bad. I misread your post.

KH_Austin
09-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Sorry, my bad. I misread your post.

Right... not like a Senior Member like you could misread his post.. :P

Although, how far did the devs come up with the story? They said they had planned it out, but it seems.. rushed? Right?