PDA

View Full Version : Do not be detected!

iiTzRJKillax
09-17-2012, 07:02 PM
I have to post the because I really need to know.

In AC3 Will Guards still have a hive mind and know things they shouldent, Like one guard from 20 Meters away sees you do something, but there is another one behind a building and he sees nothing, but when you run past him he knows you have done something wrong, Will this happen because it really is annoying in missions where is restarts the mission once you have been detected.

Can the guards only chase after you if the guard that first started chasing you runs near another guard and "Tells him to follow" Like in a mission could we have 5 seconds of being detetected instead of being detected then killing him before he runs, It really is annoying, so we couod kill the guard before he tells anyone..

(Could work for a synch thing like for 100% do not be detected at all, but if you are detected you dont restart untill you have been wanted foor 5 seconds)

Sushiglutton
09-17-2012, 07:16 PM
I can't remeber hearing anything about this. But I agree the AI has been pretty mediocre in the series thus far. I mean things like when a guard find his buddy with a throwing knife in his back he looks around casually and then start patrooling again etc. Also that they can't spot Ezio in a crowd at say an art exhibition when he is armed to the teeth and people start dying around him. So yeah there is room for improvement :)!

BBALive
09-17-2012, 07:25 PM
"Hivemind" AI is a problem in most games with stealth elements.

As for you question, only the devs know. None of us have played it.

They are working on the AI, so it will probably be improved over previous games, how much it is actually improved is unknown.

LoyalACFan
09-17-2012, 07:56 PM
The ONLY thing I hope they improved is this... When you're lunging through the air to kill a target, you should not be desynchronized if they spot you when your blade is an inch from their face. That was so annoying in previous games.

Locopells
09-18-2012, 12:33 AM
That ^.

naran6142
09-18-2012, 12:51 AM
The ONLY thing I hope they improved is this... When you're lunging through the air to kill a target, you should not be desynchronized if they spot you when your blade is an inch from their face. That was so annoying in previous games.

this

iiTzRJKillax
09-18-2012, 05:35 PM
I just noticed my spelling mistake for "Foor" sorry about that, but LoyalACFan, You are so right, the blade can be 2mm away from their neck, but wait, they all know yout face now, Oh nooo Hivemind!!!

ProletariatPleb
09-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Well hivemind is quite annoying sometimes and is pretty much in most games, I know the new Hitman won't have it, but can't say about AC3. Still tho, I suppose I can justify it by saying that they know because guards are chasing you and shouting.

lothario-da-be
09-18-2012, 06:47 PM
You should be desynchronised after being detected for 3 seconds, problem solved.

HisSpiritLives
09-18-2012, 06:55 PM
I have to post the because I really need to know.

In AC3 Will Guards still have a hive mind and know things they shouldent, Like one guard from 20 Meters away sees you do something, but there is another one behind a building and he sees nothing, but when you run past him he knows you have done something wrong, Will this happen because it really is annoying in missions where is restarts the mission once you have been detected.

Can the guards only chase after you if the guard that first started chasing you runs near another guard and "Tells him to follow" Like in a mission could we have 5 seconds of being detetected instead of being detected then killing him before he runs, It really is annoying, so we couod kill the guard before he tells anyone..

(Could work for a synch thing like for 100% do not be detected at all, but if you are detected you dont restart untill you have been wanted foor 5 seconds)
How can we know that until we get to play game

r4inm4n1991
09-18-2012, 08:10 PM
I wanna see stealth features so bad, they mostly show "rambo style" parts of the game.

PS: I already know about the existent stealth parts, wanna see more! *.*