PDA

View Full Version : Keeping it secret

NEURON BOMB
09-17-2012, 04:53 PM
I don't know if there is a thread for this but this is a question for the Devs,How do you keep yourselves from letting some gameplay stuff slip when you are not in the office,like when you are talking to friends.:confused:

IceHot100
09-17-2012, 05:15 PM
Is today the 1st April? or are you trolling around? :P...If not sorry. I won't go any further and appearently the Devs won't come and answer your questions and the example you listed was kind of idiotic. (sorry for sounding rude, I don't intend to)

EscoBlades
09-17-2012, 05:38 PM
They sign NDAs (Non Disclosure Agreements) which are legally binding documents that prevent them from leaking stuff. Even to their closest friends.

ACfan443
09-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Is today the 1st April? or are you trolling around? :P...If not sorry. I won't go any further and appearently the Devs won't come and answer your questions and the example you listed was kind of idiotic. (sorry for sounding rude, I don't intend to)

Yes you were rude, and no the example he listed wasn't idiotic at all, please be respectful. A dev (Steve masters I think) said how for 2 years he couldn't disclose to anyone that he was working on AC3, not even his family, so it's a completely acceptable question to ask. By the way, did you not realise that forum managers and community developers actually communicate with the devs? So they already know all this stuff.

IceHot100
09-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Yes you were rude, and no the example he listed wasn't idiotic at all, please be respectful. A dev (Steve masters I think) said how for 2 years he couldn't disclose to anyone that he was working on AC3, not even his family, so it's a completely acceptable question to ask. By the way, did you not realise that forum managers and community developers actually communicate with the devs? So they already know all this stuff.

I apologised before. And I am apologising again for sounding rude. Sorry. But, in my opinion he could have phrased the question differently. And he said, the question is for devs, so I just replied that the devs won't be able to answer it. Of course, the mods are in touch with the devs. But, I've never seen devs answering these questions, personally, on the forums.

pacmanate
09-17-2012, 06:33 PM
There is a thing called an NDA. Long story short you get shot if you say anything you aren't allowed to tell.

Black_Widow9
09-18-2012, 01:18 AM
There is a thing called an NDA. Long story short you get shot if you say anything you aren't allowed to tell.
Or fired which imo is ultimately worse. Well I guess that depends on where you got shot. :p

KH_Austin
09-18-2012, 04:25 AM
Or fired which imo is ultimately worse. Well I guess that depends on where you got shot. :p

Lol, how does that work, Widow9?

NEURON BOMB
09-18-2012, 02:05 PM
I am also sorry i was just a bit curious about how they did it so sorry again for touching a nerve IceHot100 and thanks to AcFan443 for the info.

IceHot100
09-18-2012, 05:25 PM
I am also sorry i was just a bit curious about how they did it so sorry again for touching a nerve IceHot100 and thanks to AcFan443 for the info.

Hope not get a warning again.. :P
I'm sorry but sometimes it's really hard to identify the difference between sarcasm or asking it seriously. I'm sorry again. And yeah I guess, your question has been answered, I would have answered the same..if I knew that you're seriously asking it. And it's also told to limited people/ senior developers, I think. Like Hutchinson, doesn't wanted the naval warfare part to get leaked..but it got leaked somehow....

sasukeuchiha50
09-18-2012, 08:21 PM
I don't know if there is a thread for this but this is a question for the Devs,How do you keep yourselves from letting some gameplay stuff slip when you are not in the office,like when you are talking to friends.:confused:
Agreed with IceHot

Dralight
09-18-2012, 09:30 PM
Like Hutchinson, doesn't wanted the naval warfare part to get leaked..but it got leaked somehow....

It didn't get leaked, he just said that if it was up to him, he would've kept it a secret until the game is out.