PDA

View Full Version : He's the kind of assassin who kills without question or hesitation.

Paulsifer42
09-17-2012, 06:25 AM
This is a quote from the Dev diary 3. It makes me a little concerned, partially because that's not the kind of assassin I want to play, but also partly because it doesn't make a lot of sense for the series. Wasn't Altair seriously reprimanded because of doing this, as it tend to lead to not living up to The Creed? I know I read somewhere else that you could be stealthy or frontal in your assault, but this quote is later.

Just wondering if anyone knew anything else, or had thoughts about this.

LoyalACFan
09-17-2012, 06:31 AM
I think it was just a thoughtless comment thrown out there to make Connor sound like a badass. I wouldn't read too much into it as far as his character is concerned. He was probably just referring to the speed and brutality of his fighting style.

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 06:33 AM
To Kill.. You must have no Hesitation, however; regarding the question part, Altair didn't either until he actually killed, but I`d also take LoyalACfan`s words... it was probably that..

itsamea-mario
09-17-2012, 06:34 AM
"Hey, hey you, are you a baddie?...No?...okay."

Not sure what you want him to ask.

playassassins1
09-17-2012, 06:36 AM
I think they mean. That Connor knows what to do, and never hesitates when doing it. He just runs in, completes his objective, and runs out.

Paulsifer42
09-17-2012, 06:43 AM
You guys are probably right. It just concerned me. I like the idea of my character killing because he sees no other alternative as opposed to him just being blood thirsty.

LoyalACFan
09-17-2012, 06:46 AM
You guys are probably right. It just concerned me. I like the idea of my character killing because he sees no other alternative as opposed to him just being blood thirsty.

Yeah, he's definitely still an Assassin. He doesn't run around murdering people for no reason other than that he wants a good fight. Unless, of course, you choose to play that way.

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 06:49 AM
They`v always stressed how he fights for Justice. I don't think he "LOVES" to kill, but he`s also not Batman either..

Paulsifer42
09-17-2012, 06:51 AM
Yeah, he's definitely still an Assassin. He doesn't run around murdering people for no reason other than that he wants a good fight. Unless, of course, you choose to play that way.

I assume you're right. In all the videos he seems like a solid assassin, as in, thoughtful, humane, and obedient to the tenets. Random killings would seem odd for the character portrayed. Though, like you said, it is an open world, so if we want to kill every guard we see, we can.

They`v always stressed how he fights for Justice. I don't think he "LOVES" to kill, but he`s also not Batman either..

Which is why the quote was odd to me. It didn't seem to fit.

Layytez
09-17-2012, 09:20 AM
He doesn't second guess his targets. If they go against what he is fighting for and preventing it then they are going down.

HisSpiritLives
09-17-2012, 11:28 AM
This is a quote from the Dev diary 3. It makes me a little concerned, partially because that's not the kind of assassin I want to play, but also partly because it doesn't make a lot of sense for the series. Wasn't Altair seriously reprimanded because of doing this, as it tend to lead to not living up to The Creed? I know I read somewhere else that you could be stealthy or frontal in your assault, but this quote is later.

Just wondering if anyone knew anything else, or had thoughts about this.

,,With no hesitation,, like someone said above he doesnt like to kill he is forced to, because of his cause and he cant hesitate in achiveing it.

Legendz54
09-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Don't get worried because of that remark, It was just emphasizing that he is a badass assassin who gets the job done properly.

HisSpiritLives
09-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Don't get worried because of that remark, It was just emphasizing that he is a badass assassin who gets the job done properly.

It is really pointless to wory about that.

crash3
09-17-2012, 12:28 PM
I hope the Assassins Creed has more importance in this game, especially since Connors main principle is justice. I am also concerned from wathcing the dev diaries, seeing the devs refer to connor as a killing machine, this is what a lot of us didnt want after playing through a whole trilogy of carving our way through loads of pathetic opponents. I really hope that the difficulty of the game increases as we progress through the it and that connor ends up in open combat, his life really is at risk

Ielgon
09-17-2012, 12:45 PM
What others have already said: He feels strongly about justice. He will only kill those that have caused injustice somehow, he won't just randomly murder everyone he comes across (in the story atleast, the player is probably able to do so if they want) that annoys him.

The comment was probably made about the way he fights. It's very brutal, fast and instinctive: He doesn't think about the killing, he just does it.

Sushiglutton
09-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Let's just face it, these Assassin's use morally very questionable methods. Murder as your prime political method is not recomended :D. When I control the Assassin I do even worse things. Like killing a guard because I don't want to take a thirty second detour, to try out some equipment or just for fun. Videogame heroes have a tendency to become psychopats. I mean just look at Uncharted's wisecracking Nathan Drake who slaughters hundreds of third world soldiers in a heartbeat.

So I think Connors attitude towards killing fits the medium. It is not something that bothers me at all :cool:.

crash3
09-17-2012, 12:55 PM
From what Ive seen so far of all the different types of opponents, NONE of them are even remotely challenging. I would be just as impressed by Connor if he was more stealthy, but yet again the devs have created a lean mean killing machine which is only impressive in trailers, but in game it would be far more exciting to evade 20 dangerous enemies rather than run and slaughter them, I fear with all of connors abilities and the soldiers' lack of abilities, the combat will end up feeling like an arcade game-button smashing our way to victory

Sushiglutton
09-17-2012, 01:04 PM
From what Ive seen so far of all the different types of opponents, NONE of them are even remotely challenging. I would be just as impressed by Connor if he was more stealthy, but yet again the devs have created a lean mean killing machine which is only impressive in trailers, but in game it would be far more exciting to evade 20 dangerous enemies rather than run and slaughter them, I fear with all of connors abilities and the soldiers' lack of abilities, the combat will end up feeling like an arcade game-button smashing our way to victory

As long as there is an option for stealth, which I'm sure there is for most missions, that doesn't bother me. That way everyone can get what they like. You could beat pretty much all missions in AC1 by just killing everyone.

pacmanate
09-17-2012, 02:14 PM
I think it was just something to say he is a badass aswell..... killing without questioning is stupid, killing without hesitation is not.

ACfan443
09-17-2012, 06:27 PM

There's a part of me that does think he ever so slightly takes pleasure in killing. Remember in the 'worldwide gameplay unlock' preview, when he drew back his arrow to shoot the guy, he gave off a sadistic smirk (which I thought was kinda funny tbh)

pacmanate
09-17-2012, 06:32 PM
I thought the Devs say that his aggressive fighting style is because he has a lot of anger built inside him. Not saying he loves to kill... but he probably enjoys dishing his anger out.

FirestarLuva
09-17-2012, 07:52 PM
I thought the Devs say that his aggressive fighting style is because he has a lot of anger built inside him. Not saying he loves to kill... but he probably enjoys dishing his anger out.

Right, sort of like his therapy. He tries to control his emotions, not letting them get the best of him, which I think is one of the things I love the most about Connor's character.

Felix-Vivo
09-18-2012, 06:53 PM
There's a part of me that does think he ever so slightly takes pleasure in killing. Remember in the 'worldwide gameplay unlock' preview, when he drew back his arrow to shoot the guy, he gave off a sadistic smirk (which I thought was kinda funny tbh)

Right, sort of like his therapy. He tries to control his emotions, not letting them get the best of him, which I think is one of the things I love the most about Connor's character.

Yeah, a while back on the Connor discussion-y thread, there was part of that Corey May interview when he said that Connor's not so good at confiding his feelings in people, so instead, when he fights, he goes all out and brutal and that's his own therapy for his pent-up anger. So I guess in a way, he might enjoy it. Or something.

Norcent31
09-18-2012, 07:07 PM
If you watch the video, you would notice the quote is by Ed Hardison, Team Lead Character Artist. I`m sure that the art team, is not responsible for the overall characteristics and personality of Connor, just his appearance.

r4inm4n1991
09-18-2012, 08:07 PM
If he is all for justice im suspecting he will have hard choices if he finds out about bad things hes friends did! :o