PDA

View Full Version : The size of cities in AC3

Free_Hidings
09-17-2012, 03:58 AM
People seem to be getting a bit worried that there won't be much roof hopping and building climbing in AC3. We are told the The Frontier is 1.5x the size of Brotherhood's Rome, which is awesome. But, do we have any information on the size of cities in AC3?

Navigating through cities is a huge part of the AC experience, so obviously the cities will be large enough to satisfy our roofing needs. But does anyone know how big the cities are, relative to cities in previous games? It would be awesome if the cities are bigger than in previous games, though I think if they were, Ubisoft would have made a big deal about it already.

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 04:13 AM
1- "Navigating" is a big part of the AC experience NOT "City Navigating"
2- No one is worried..
3- Cities are 1:3 scale to real life, so about the size of Florence..

tarrero
09-17-2012, 04:13 AM
It is been stated by the developers that NY and Boston are each about 80% of Rome. As seen here http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2012/04/05/special-edition-podcast-assassins-creed-3.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rfRf8FZDYRg#!

Free_Hidings
09-17-2012, 04:33 AM
2- No one is worried..
3- Cities are 1:3 scale to real life, so about the size of Florence..

1- Navigating is a big part of the AC experience, AS IS CITY NAVIGATING. You cannot be of sane mind and deny that a huge part of the experience was in climbing buildings and jumping across rooftops.

2- Actually, yes, I have seen several comments on the forums about people worrying that its all going to be about running through snow and trees.

3- Nice to see a proper reply to the thread. 80% of Rome each? That's awesome!

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 04:43 AM
1- Navigating is a big part of the AC experience, AS IS CITY NAVIGATING. You cannot be of sane mind and deny that a huge part of the experience was in climbing buildings and jumping across rooftops.

2- Actually, yes, I have seen several comments on the forums about people worrying that its all going to be about running through snow and trees.

3- Nice to see a proper reply to the thread. 80% of Rome each? That's awesome!
Thank you for calling my reply "Improper"... albeit subtly..

So, No you are Incorrect... It is "Climbing" ONLY and and "Free-running" ONLY that are a big part of the experience. Alex Mentioned it and the community agrees..

and finally you should say "Some" People or a "Minority" of People.. because just saying "People" was pretty Generalizing... which is also Incorrect..

TheDanteEX
09-17-2012, 04:44 AM
The only thing I'm worried about is the "sprint" option being gone, but that's not even a big deal.

Free_Hidings
09-17-2012, 04:52 AM
Thank you for calling my reply "Improper"... albeit subtly..

So, No you are Incorrect... It is "Climbing" ONLY and and "Free-running" ONLY that are a big part of the experience. Alex Mentioned it and the community agrees..

and finally you should say "Some" People or a "Minority" of People.. because just saying "People" was pretty Generalizing... which is also Incorrect..

Disagreed, I have seen multiple posts from members of this forum stating that they are concerned that there won't be as much building climbing and running. Climbing and Free running are the main factors, but the context in which they are used is important. For me, I don't mind, but others do, and I would miss jumping across buildings. Stop trying to argue for the sake of it, not only are you proving yourself wrong, you look bitter and ignorant.

Okay if me saying "people" as opposed to "some people" is wrong, then you saying "the community" as opposed to "some of the community" is also wrong.

LoyalACFan
09-17-2012, 04:57 AM
The only thing I'm worried about is the "sprint" option being gone, but that's not even a big deal.

I've heard Alex give conflicting reports on this. In one interview, he said they wanted to get rid of the "Assassin's Claw" position where you had to hold X + L1 to sprint, leaving you unable to use the camera (which I always negated by holding L1 with my middle finger and moving the camera with my index finger, but whatever, I have big hands) so they just remapped the free-running to L1 only. But in another interview, he stated there were two control modes you could use to free-run, presumably the traditional L1 + X and the new L1-only. In any case, I hope they at least have an option to keep the running controls as they were in previous games.

LoyalACFan
09-17-2012, 04:58 AM
It is been stated by the developers that NY and Boston are each about 80% of Rome. As seen here http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2012/04/05/special-edition-podcast-assassins-creed-3.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rfRf8FZDYRg#!

So basically Rome minus the Vatican... That's awesome! This game is gonna be huge. I was expecting something roughly akin to San Gimignano.

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 05:01 AM
Disagreed, I have seen multiple posts from members of this forum stating that they are concerned that there won't be as much building climbing and running. Climbing and Free running are the main factors, but the context in which they are used is important. For me, I don't mind, but others do, and I would miss jumping across buildings. Stop trying to argue for the sake of it, not only are you proving yourself wrong, you look bitter and ignorant.

Okay if me saying "people" as opposed to "some people" is wrong, then you saying "the community" as opposed to "some of the community" is also wrong.
Argue ? With you ? You don't even have a Valid case and Ignorant ? Wow.. You are so awesome. Just stop mate, Alex said that CLIMBING is the main experience, Not Building climbing or Tree climbing, Its just climbing. You wanna disagree with Alex then fine, but Ok I will admit my wrong. "MOST" of the community agrees with Alex and so you cannot state "Building climbing" as the main experience as fact..

Cool off some steam, mate.. you seem tense.

Free_Hidings
09-17-2012, 05:04 AM
I've heard Alex give conflicting reports on this. In one interview, he said they wanted to get rid of the "Assassin's Claw" position where you had to hold X + L1 to sprint, leaving you unable to use the camera (which I always negated by holding L1 with my middle finger and moving the camera with my index finger, but whatever, I have big hands) so they just remapped the free-running to L1 only. But in another interview, he stated there were two control modes you could use to free-run, presumably the traditional L1 + X and the new L1-only. In any case, I hope they at least have an option to keep the running controls as they were in previous games.

As far as I know, it's just the one button (R1 / RT) for all running. So they replaced jog / sprint with just sprint, though as in previous games I'm sure you will be able to vary your speed with the stick. Maybe you will need to push X / A for certain free running things like jumping though? Either way i'm not complaining, the claw thing can get old lol

LoyalACFan
09-17-2012, 05:08 AM
As far as I know, it's just the one button (R1 / RT) for all running. So they replaced jog / sprint with just sprint, though as in previous games I'm sure you will be able to vary your speed with the stick. Maybe you will need to push X / A for certain free running things like jumping though? Either way i'm not complaining, the claw thing can get old lol

Right, I meant R1 :o But you can clearly see Connor jogging in various demos. Maybe it is just varying your speed with the stick, but that seems very imprecise for a game where you need a lot of precision to run through certain obstacles.

Free_Hidings
09-17-2012, 05:12 AM
Argue ? With you ? You don't even have a Valid case and Ignorant ? Wow.. You are so awesome. Just stop mate, Alex said that CLIMBING is the main experience, Not Building climbing or Tree climbing, Its just climbing. You wanna disagree with Alex then fine, but Ok I will admit my wrong. "MOST" of the community agrees with Alex and so you cannot state "Building climbing" as the main experience as fact..

Cool off some steam, mate.. you seem tense.

Haha I wouldn't say tense, but it is annoying that I make a thread with questions asked by other fans of the game and you come in here acting as if you know everything while being blatantly wrong, trying to pick a fight for no reason and then getting upset when I bum you out?

And again I have to spend time here to clear up the errors you made in your reply.

I never said "The Main" experience. You cannot pinpoint one exerience on the game that defines it. To be as general as possible, I would say free running, climbing, stealth, combat / killiing and exploration would be the "main" experiences of the game.

Secondly, I don't care what Alex said, lol? You seem obsessed with this dude. Not to mention that you are missing the point anyway. I'm not debating what type of climbing is the main type. Where are you getting the inspiration for your weird replies?? The fact is, whether or not you like it, people enjoy running around on rooftops and climbing buildings, and "some" people expressed concerns that they would only be climbing rocks and trees. Argue with this all you like, but fact is fact. For the record, I already knew that there are buildings and ways to navigate cities without touching the ground, my question was more wondering what proportion of the game map would be made up of cities. Despite your attitude and apparent moodiness, you answered the question, so I appreciate that at least.

Free_Hidings
09-17-2012, 05:15 AM
Right, I meant R1 :o But you can clearly see Connor jogging in various demos. Maybe it is just varying your speed with the stick, but that seems very imprecise for a game where you need a lot of precision to run through certain obstacles.

Hmm... It could be that it's only multiplayer where you only press R1 to sprint / run? I know for example in Brotherhood, you hold R1 in multiplayer and you climb (I think it's the same in Revelations), but in single player you would hug into the wall, and have to press X aswell to actually climb... So it could be something like that. I don't see how they could completely put it all on the one button though, because it's often important to differentiate between jumping and dropping down. My guess is that R1 will make you sprint and climb but you still need to press X to jump

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 05:23 AM
Haha I wouldn't say tense, but it is annoying that I make a thread with questions asked by other fans of the game and you come in here acting as if you know everything while being blatantly wrong, trying to pick a fight for no reason and then getting upset when I bum you out?

And again I have to spend time here to clear up the errors you made in your reply.

I never said "The Main" experience. You cannot pinpoint one exerience on the game that defines it. To be as general as possible, I would say free running, climbing, stealth, combat / killiing and exploration would be the "main" experiences of the game.

Secondly, I don't care what Alex said, lol? You seem obsessed with this dude. Not to mention that you are missing the point anyway. I'm not debating what type of climbing is the main type. Where are you getting the inspiration for your weird replies?? The fact is, whether or not you like it, people enjoy running around on rooftops and climbing buildings, and "some" people expressed concerns that they would only be climbing rocks and trees. Argue with this all you like, but fact is fact. For the record, I already knew that there are buildings and ways to navigate cities without touching the ground, my question was more wondering what proportion of the game map would be made up of cities. Despite your attitude and apparent moodiness, you answered the question, so I appreciate that at least.
RED: Wrong on both accounts...I don't know everything and I was not wrong.

BLUE: That was me, not you..

PURPLE: THAT is you..

PINK: Again, you..

BROWN: Im not the one calling someone else "Ignorant" for stating facts, bro.

GREEN: HA !! Again that is you, you`re the one replying in hostility to someone who just wanted to help... But probably didn't add "Smileys" to appease your needs..

I stated facts and you stated Opinions by saying "Huge part of the experience"

I'm done... continue to delude yourself that im arguing..... Wont reply any further.... except if you blatantly mention my name in an aggressive or rude manner

tarrero
09-17-2012, 05:28 AM
So basically Rome minus the Vatican... That's awesome! This game is gonna be huge. I was expecting something roughly akin to San Gimignano.

It is promising!!!! Although I Dont fully buy it haha.

Free_Hidings
09-17-2012, 05:48 AM
RED: Wrong on both accounts...I don't know everything and I was not wrong.

* You claimed that I said building climbing was the main experience of AC gameplay, when in fact I stated it was a huge part of the experience. Thus, you were wrong. I accept that you admit you don't know everything, that's a good start *

BLUE: That was me, not you..

* As I have just clarified, you were in fact wrong, multiple times, and I have corrected you, multiple times. But no worries *

PURPLE: THAT is you..

* Again, same as above. You somehow misinterpreted what I was saying, then get upset when I corrected you. But in case it takes a few times for the idea to sink in, I am not debating what kind of climbing is more significant. I am stating, rightly so, that climbing buildings and navigating rooftops is a big part of the Assassin's Creed experience, and that people have expressed concerns that the cities will be relatively small and insignificant compared to the Frontier. I really can't see where you are going wrong with this, and I won't make any more statements about your intellect or whatever because it could be that you are not a born English speaker or something. *

PINK: Again, you..

I make a thread stating that I have heard concerns about something. You dismiss this. I assure you I have heard these concerns. You desperately fight against this notion. That is weird.

BROWN: Im not the one calling someone else "Ignorant" for stating facts, bro.

* Hahaha, this is getting somewhat repetitive. I have seen people express concerns. How is you claiming such concerns were never made, a fact? Stating facts would be saying "Yes these people have expressed concerns, but most people aren't concerned" OR "People expressed these concerns but have been reassured that the cities are significant enough" *

GREEN: HA !! Again that is you, you`re the one replying in hostility to someone who just wanted to help... But probably didn't add "Smileys" to appease your needs..

I stated facts and you stated Opinions by saying "Huge part of the experience"

* I can state facts too, however if they are irrelevant, there is no point? You state facts, which are firstly unfounded, and secondly generic (Alex said this, and the community agrees) I don't have a problem with this other than it is of no relevance to what I was actually talking about.

Point 1 - A huge part of the Assassin's Creed experience is A) Climbing buildings (Fun, collectables, viewpoints, books in ACR) and B) Rooftops (Faster / easier travel, missions, collectables, avoiding guards, stealth, etc etc) - This is fact. It is undeniable. I do not claim HOW huge a part it is, I do not claim it to have any presidence over other gameplay mechanics / experiences. I claim it be a big part of the experience, and that is all. This is irrefuteable.

Point 2 - A smaller city would mean less buildings, and less roofing. People have expressed concerns about this. - This is fact. People have been worried that they will mainly be climbing trees and rocks, which is not the same as climbing buildings and running around rooves. Facts err'where. I was not debating what proportion of the active gaming community have expressed such concerns, nor what Alex had to say about it. Hence, your replies have been weird, off topic / irrelevant, and argumentitive, most likely for the sake of it. *

I'm done... continue to delude yourself that im arguing..... Wont reply any further.... except if you blatantly mention my name in an aggressive or rude manner

* You answered the question, in which case you did help, and I already stated I appreciated this. However, "I just wanted to help" is blatantly wrong, you came in here trying to start an argument, and now that you have been outsmarted / proven wrong, you have decided you've had enough. I haven't yet mentioned your name, nor do I see any reason to, let alone in an aggressive or rude manner. All I wish is for you to see that you were wrong. But due to your departure, I am guessing you have, and thus I have nothing more to say. *

Btw clever use of colour!

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 05:58 AM
Btw clever use of colour!
Mmmm Am I gonna have to prove you wrong AGAIN on ALL of this ? Nah..

Last part made me giggle, though.. Thanks

And you know what ?? Use the search button next time xD
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/661947-AC-3-size-of-the-cities-Forums

Also.. http://www.vg247.com/2012/06/07/assassins-creed-is-about-climbing-not-buildings/

My bad, though.. It was not Alex

Free_Hidings
09-17-2012, 06:57 AM

Also.. http://www.vg247.com/2012/06/07/assassins-creed-is-about-climbing-not-buildings/

Actually, one of the main reasons I use forums is for discussion. Sometimes I don't just want to get information, I would rather have opinionated discussions too... Doesn't always work out though haha

Lol at you saying "prove you wrong again" Oh you... ;) Now we know you're just a silly billy

You still miss the point, in fact that link if nothing else proves that there are concerns, and he is attempting to rectify them. From the start of AC3 I have never been concerned about the amount of buildings and roofing, but the fact is this is a huge part of gameplay and the fact is people are / were concerned. It doesn't matter what the Dev's have said, this is fact. Nice read though. And I don't disagree - AC isn't just about buildings and rooves, however they are a huge part of it. There is nothing you can say to refute this. Anyway,

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 07:02 AM
however they are a huge part of it. There is nothing you can say to refute this. Anyway,
Yes I can..

If there was only the Frontier without buildings... Will you be happy ? No..
Will I ? Yes.. So it is an OPINION, You cannot state it as fact.. so I CAN say something about it not being a fact... which was my whole BLOODY gripe from the very Beginning..

Free_Hidings
09-17-2012, 07:14 AM
Yes I can..

If there was only the Frontier without buildings... Will you be happy ? No..
Will I ? Yes.. So it is an OPINION, You cannot state it as fact.. so I CAN say something about it not being a fact... which was my whole BLOODY gripe from the very Beginning..

Actually I couldn't care less about the buildings, I'm sure I stated this somewhere. I enjoy Assassin's Creed games for the story, the atmosphere, the historical era's, the music, the combat / killing and the free running. I could play an Assassin's creed game in a desert and still enjoy it, provided the rest of the game was up to the usual standard.

But aside from your innacurate assumption, I see your point, and I will remind you of mine.

My "FACT" is that people were worried about the lack of rooves. You claimed that no one is worried, but this is not an opinionated thing, there is only one answer, and since I found people stating their concerns both on and offline, I am correct, which makes you incorrect. The fact is, some people, no matter how many, have had concerns about the possible lack of rooves in AC3. This is a fact that can not be denied.

EDIT: I should note that the funniest thing about this all is that this was just part of the introduction to the thread, and yet you have taken so much offense to me saying that people are concerned about the lack of rooves. Maybe you haven't encountered any people, or maybe you can't concieve anyone liking rooftops and buildings? Who knows

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 07:23 AM
*inaccurate
How Ironic.. You just said I don't understand because Maybe I'm "Not a native English speaker" I assume you are..

Did I not state why I called you out on that subject ?? Or are you "Not a born English speaker" ? I said that the conflict regarding the people being concerned was the lack of Specifications in your sentence. If you said "Some People" or any other appropriate replacement, You and I wouldn't be having this conversation right now..

EDIT: I should note that the funniest thing about this all is that this was just part of the introduction to the thread, and yet you have taken so much offense to me saying that people are concerned about the lack of rooves. Maybe you haven't encountered any people, or maybe you can't concieve anyone liking rooftops and buildings? Who knows
Offense ? You were the one jumping your seat and calling me Ignorant and weird

Free_Hidings
09-17-2012, 07:31 AM
How Ironic.. You just said I don't understand because Maybe I'm "Not a native English speaker" I assume you are..

Did I not state why I called you out on that subject ?? Or are you "Not a born English speaker" ? I said that the conflict regarding the people being concerned was the lack of Specifications in your sentence. If you said "Some People" or any other appropriate replacement, You and I wouldn't be having this conversation right now..

You still miss the point... It doesn't matter how many people?! Be it 2 or 20,000, it doesn't change the truth of the statement.

I don't need to specify how many people are concerned because A) It doesn't matter and B) it doesn't make any difference to the underlying question of the thread which is: How big are the cities in AC3. The question has already been answered, there is no need to pick apart what you don't like about how I word things that have no significance anyway.

Don't be mad because I am outsmarting you. It's just an internet forum, you are going to be called out when you are wrong.

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 07:35 AM
Don't be mad because I am outsmarting you. It's just an internet forum, you are going to be called out when you are wrong.
#NewKidThinksHesDaBomb

So Cute..

Free_Hidings
09-17-2012, 07:37 AM
#NewKidThinksHesDaBomb

So Cute..

#VeteranKidIsProficientInUseOfHashTags

Charming...

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 07:43 AM
#VeteranKidIsProficientInUseOfHashTags

Charming...
Go outside.

Free_Hidings
09-17-2012, 07:51 AM
Go outside.

No need to cry m'boy!

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 07:54 AM
It is promising!!!! Although I Dont fully buy it haha.
Yeah I don't either..

I remember them saying that Masyaf was a Free roam and greatly exaggerated the size of the Underground city, So I don't think its any different here; the Video posted does give some idea of the scope of Boston, 1:3 scale seems like a good bet..

playassassins1
09-17-2012, 07:57 AM
And so... Assassin_M outsmarted Free_hiddings....

Free_hiddings went outside and accepted his destiny.....
The forums were free from his tyranny, and everyone was happy..
The end...

T

Free_Hidings
09-17-2012, 08:07 AM

The end...

T

Hahaha amusing

Get an unbiased random civilian to read this and the tale will read quite differently, but I respect your courageous admiration for your buddy

Oh and it's "Hidings" not "hiddings" but I'll let it slide this time

maxerx180
09-17-2012, 08:09 AM

The end...

T

...for now.

Edit: See he's back.

Free_Hidings
09-17-2012, 08:10 AM
Yeah I don't either..

I remember them saying that Masyaf was a Free roam and greatly exaggerated the size of the Underground city, So I don't think its any different here; the Video posted does give some idea of the scope of Boston, 1:3 scale seems like a good bet..

If each city is 80% of Rome, and The Frontier is 1.5x Rome, then the overall size it a MINIMUM of 3.1x the size of Rome? That would be huge enough as it is.

Oh and here's a source for people concerned about buildings, just in case you didn't believe me, but let's not worry about that now.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/712996-AC3-Climbing-amp-Traversing-Buildings

playassassins1
09-17-2012, 08:13 AM
Hahaha amusing

Get an unbiased random civilian to read this and the tale will read quite differently, but I respect your courageous admiration for your buddy

Oh and it's "Hidings" not "hiddings" but I'll let it slide this time

I wasn't serious. i'm always the one to randomly come in and say weird stuff :P.

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 08:14 AM
I wasn't serious. i'm always the one to randomly come in and say weird stuff :P.
And you kill the chat..

Free_Hidings
09-17-2012, 08:16 AM

I figured haha. I often do the same, though I think at times I take it too far so every now and again I try to contribute a bit more seriously :P Too much sarcasm!

Free_Hidings
09-17-2012, 08:17 AM
...for now.

Edit: See he's back.

Don't worry, I won't leave again!

playassassins1
09-17-2012, 08:18 AM
And you kill the chat..

exactly. i'm the randomest person on this forum. And i do unexpected stuff.

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 08:21 AM
So do you think the 80% size is Legit ?

Free_Hidings
09-17-2012, 08:27 AM
So do you think the 80% size is Legit ?

I just don't see how they are going to be able to have all this... Like better graphics + better AI + bigger map + more content, without having the framerate suffer. Like is optimization / new and improved game engine really that effective? I don't know anything about programming so it could be simple, but I assumed that if Revelations can't keep a constant frame rate on consoles, it must be towards to upper end of the consoles capability.

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Soo Uuh What do you think about the 80% of Rome thing ??

ACfan443
09-17-2012, 08:36 AM
I can see some people were worried because like the devs pointed out in interviews, colonial America was vastly different from middle ages/renaissance. Buildings more spaced out, not as tall/big etc etc.*

That doesn't go to say cities won't be big, as pointed out, they're 80% the size of rome, which means you'll have two massive cities, and a MASSIVE frontier. Plenty of fun.

playassassins1
09-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Soo Uuh What do you think about the 80% of Rome thing ??

I think it's awesome. But it would be too much for the team to create 2 cities 80% bigger than Rome, with the huge frontier, and the naval map....

arkangelyou
09-17-2012, 08:52 AM
Free_Hidings, a little advice, never, I repeat NEVER get into an argument with M. In case a disagreement occurs, kindly accept his point of view, and back away slowly. I learnt this the hard way!
No offence M, but its true =D

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 09:00 AM
I think it's awesome. But it would be too much for the team to create 2 cities 80% bigger than Rome, with the huge frontier, and the naval map....
Its not about too much, its about it being logically far fetched. I mean 80% the size of Rome is HUGE and Im not saying it can`t handle, but aren't there some elements that we need to consider ? Like Historical Accuracy for example ? Boston was already smaller than the 1:3 scale but 80% of Rome ? I want to believe it.. Im just too Skeptical about the whole thing..

misterB2001
09-17-2012, 09:04 AM
I would imagine when they say 80% of Rome they mean the built up part, not the entire map

playassassins1
09-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Its not about too much, its about it being logically far fetched. I mean 80% the size of Rome is HUGE and Im not saying it can`t handle, but aren't there some elements that we need to consider ? Like Historical Accuracy for example ? Boston was already smaller than the 1:3 scale but 80% of Rome ? I want to believe it.. Im just too Skeptical about the whole thing..

Exactly. but if they can pull off boston, the size of rome, i'm happy. 80% would be too much. sounds very unlikely.

Legendz54
09-17-2012, 09:10 AM
Huge game, two cities that are 80% of rome plus huge frontier that is 1.3x bigger than rome. Also the naval map and philadelphia, As for roofs... there will be plenty to run on. There wasn't many tall viewpoints to jump off in Boston or New york although there should be many tall buildings, I'm hoping for some really tall trees and mountains/cliffs to climb and LOF off.

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 09:13 AM
Exactly. but if they can pull off boston, the size of rome, i'm happy. 80% would be too much. sounds very unlikely.
Indeed..

Huge game, two cities that are 80% of rome plus huge frontier that is 1.3x bigger than rome. Also the naval map and philadelphia, As for roofs... there will be plenty to run on. There wasn't many tall viewpoints to jump off in Boston or New york although there should be many tall buildings, I'm hoping for some really tall trees and mountains/cliffs to climb and LOF off.
1.5 times Rome and Philly is not Free-roam..(HA ! That Rhymes)

I just made you a bit disappointed, but a lot more Happier... GIMME 60 BUCKS !!

Legendz54
09-17-2012, 09:45 AM
Indeed..

1.5 times Rome and Philly is not Free-roam..(HA ! That Rhymes)

I just made you a bit disappointed, but a lot more Happier... GIMME 60 BUCKS !!

I knew philly wasn't free roam, I should have made that more clearer, Anyway..much more happier heres the money!

http://www.lindsaylackey.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/money.jpg

NOLA_Assassin
09-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Also, the modern day stuff, let's not forget that...

Ielgon
09-17-2012, 12:37 PM
I just don't see how they are going to be able to have all this... Like better graphics + better AI + bigger map + more content, without having the framerate suffer. Like is optimization / new and improved game engine really that effective? I don't know anything about programming so it could be simple, but I assumed that if Revelations can't keep a constant frame rate on consoles, it must be towards to upper end of the consoles capability.

Keep in mind that AC1, AC2, ACB and ACR ran on an engine that was made at the beginning of these consoles lifecycles meaning they hadn't fully learned how the machines could be used yet making it very unoptimized. Anvil Next has been made nearing the end of these consoles lifecycles so they can fully take advantage of all the power. It's not optimization it's the fact that the engine was made when they fully knew what they were doing.

That said, it is unbelievable isn't it? Same thing as with Metal Gear Solid: Ground zeroes. New engine and it looks next gen and not possible on these consoles, yet it is! XD

Sushiglutton
09-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Not worried about that. I think it's refreshing to move out in the wild. Try something new. And it looks like they have done the wildlife parkour extremely well. The way Connor moves along cliff cracks and also the tree design, it's the best the world has ever seen to my knowledge. I'm sure there will be plenty of city parkour too of you fancy that stuff.

pacmanate
09-17-2012, 02:16 PM
Frontier is 1.5x size of Rome
Boston is 0.8 size of Rome
New York is 0.8 size of Rome

Philly and others dont have a scale as they are story driven and not free roamable.

ThaLulz
09-17-2012, 02:54 PM

Philly and others dont have a scale as they are story driven and not free roamable.

When you guys say 0.8x the size of Rome, do you mean the entire Brotherhood map, or just that quarter that's the city of Rome?

I guess (hope) it's the entire map?

playassassins1
09-17-2012, 02:57 PM
When you guys say 0.8x the size of Rome, do you mean the entire Brotherhood map, or just that quarter that's the city of Rome?

I guess (hope) it's the entire map?

Entire map :p

tarrero
09-17-2012, 03:04 PM
I think 80% of Rome each is an exaggeration......Venice/Florence size is more than enough for me.

Lass4r
09-17-2012, 03:22 PM

You're such a ****, M... answer people with some manner of respect, don't come waltzing in with that arrogant attitude.

IceHot100
09-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Be careful, Lass4r..M's gonna strike soon! :P

lukaszep
09-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Here's a (probable) in game map of Boston. I think this looks like a decent size.http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/387105_337822269643903_1482079200_n.jpg

IceHot100
09-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Here's a (probable) in game map of Boston. I think this looks like a decent size.http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/387105_337822269643903_1482079200_n.jpg

Hey thats Alex..Can you give me the link of this video? I think they are showing the real map of Boston from that time, looks nice though...

tarrero
09-17-2012, 05:15 PM
As far as I know. There are no videos of that presentation, only pictures.

lukaszep
09-17-2012, 06:13 PM
I don't think cameras were allowed, it was a developers conference.

freddie_1897
09-17-2012, 06:37 PM
I don't think cameras were allowed, it was a developers conference.
clearly someone didn't get the message.

as for the M vs Hiddings/ hidings (spelling?)

i agree with hidings about what he said, but i can see that M is clearly misunderstanding what he said. which may or may not be his fault.

that is my unbiased opinion but m, you should work on being a bit more polite. your arguments do feel very patronising. as well as persuasive

thekarlone
09-17-2012, 08:15 PM

I disagree. AC is mainly cities.

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 08:36 PM
i agree with hidings about what he said, but i can see that M is clearly misunderstanding what he said. which may or may not be his fault.

that is my unbiased opinion but m, you should work on being a bit more polite. your arguments do feel very patronising. as well as persuasive
He was Off-point...
He was arguing something I didn't even call him out on..I was telling him that he was "Generalizing" was Incorrect because it was just a few people who were worried about cities and that it was just OPINION that a huge part of the experience was"CITY" Navigation and "BUILDING" climbing. Then he kept on rambling about being so right and that he outsmarted me (I don't always call myself smart, but when I do..)

I can; however, see that some people choose to Ignore COMPLETELY what he said and choose specific posts of mine to target

and Polite ? He called me Ignorant and Weird and was for some reason obsessed with being right and "outsmarting" me..

You're such a ****, M... answer people with some manner of respect, don't come waltzing in with that arrogant attitude.
I know you and anyone else talking about my Attitude.. FOR ONCE you are completely wrong..

OPINION not fact, which is why was my case from the very beginning..

playassassins1
09-17-2012, 08:36 PM

But, it doesn't mean that it's buildings only.....

rileypoole1234
09-17-2012, 08:40 PM

The Caribbean is free roamable.

IceHot100
09-17-2012, 08:43 PM
I know you..

He's probably one of many guys you "argued" with and won? :D

And to your fight with Free_Hidings: You both were right, but you were actually getting off point and listing everything he said wrong..it may be wrong but all he actually asked was...How big the size of the city was? Can we get back to that?..Well I guess even if it's big as Florence it's gonna look fine but I prefer something bigger. It kind of doesn't suit when there's a huge Frontier and then 2 Florence sized cites...

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 08:46 PM
He's probably one of many guys you "argued" with and won? :D

And to your fight with Free_Hidings: You both were right, but you were actually getting off point and listing everything he said wrong..it may be wrong but all he actually asked was...How big the size of the city was? Can we get back to that?..Well I guess even if it's big as Florence it's gonna look fine but I prefer something bigger. It kind of doesn't suit when there's a huge Frontier and then 2 Florence sized cites...
Not necessarily... He might be someone who just hates me for no reason (Like many others)This guy was insulting me in a thread, even though I was the one being insulted and I was defending myself...He`s a Hypocrite (But doesn't that make me one too ? Probably)

It wasn't me getting off point, I answered his question but had issue with another point he made, which he stated as fact, but it was just OPINION that most of the community agreed to and that only a FEW people were worried..

ACfan443
09-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Not necessarily... He might be someone who just hates me for no reason (Like many others)This guy was insulting me in a thread, even though I was the one being insulted and I was defending myself...He`s a Hypocrite (But doesn't that make me one too ? Probably)

It wasn't me getting off point, I answered his question but had issue with another point he made, which he stated as fact, but it was just OPINION that most of the community agreed to and that only a FEW people were worried..

Not trying to start an argument with you, but you did say "no one is worried" which is stating opinion as fact.

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 08:54 PM
Not trying to start an argument with you, but you did say "no one is worried" which is stating opinion as fact.
I know and I admitted my wrong to that..Unlike him

This makes me think that No one actually read the entire conversation..

ACfan443
09-17-2012, 09:00 PM
I know and I admitted my wrong to that..Unlike him

This makes me think that No one actually read the entire conversation..

I'm gonna admit I didn't, both of your arguments turned into essays..and I'm not too fond of essays :P

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 09:04 PM
I'm gonna admit I didn't, both of your arguments turned into essays..and I'm not too fond of essays :P
I can Understand..

I just don't want someone coming in here hurling insults or talking about my attitude while not even knowing what the hell is going on...

freddie_1897
09-17-2012, 09:12 PM
He was Off-point...
He was arguing something I didn't even call him out on..I was telling him that he was "Generalizing" was Incorrect because it was just a few people who were worried about cities and that it was just OPINION that a huge part of the experience was"CITY" Navigation and "BUILDING" climbing. Then he kept on rambling about being so right and that he outsmarted me (I don't always call myself smart, but when I do..)

im not saying he wasn't rude, I'm saying that i think you misunderstood him. and I'm not saying that was your fault

MT4K
09-17-2012, 09:15 PM
I'm going to say stop....

Does anybody have anything interesting to say about the actual topic regarding the size of the cities/frontier? If not then probably best to just let the thread get buried.

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 09:15 PM
im not saying he wasn't rude, I'm saying that i think you misunderstood him. and I'm not saying that was your fault
BOTH of us Misunderstood each other, except I had the civility to admit my wrong, but if you`re gonna talk about my Attitude, Which you did, then talk about his as well..

I'm going to say stop....

Does anybody have anything interesting to say about the actual topic regarding the size of the cities/frontier? If not then probably best to just let the thread get buried.
Not a problem here, forgive me..

I just want to clear the picture, because their are obvious crap stalkers here..

projectpat06
09-17-2012, 09:34 PM
.80 of Rome + .80 of Rome + 1.5 of Rome = 3.1 of Rome. That's f***ing massive and believable. If the new engine can now handle 1000's of npcs on screen instead of a few hundred then it can def handle a map that big. With the Naval battles and some promising DLC this game is going to be huge. I like that they made the cities big instead of solely relying on the frontier to appeal to gamers. I imagine long time fans of the franchise will feel right at home with the city gameplay but will become even more intrigued by the frontier and added features.

Escappa
09-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Returning to topic:

Will there be any nature in the city map (like in brotherhood) or just the town itself?

With the frontier this would feel unnecessary but I noticed in the boston demo that the forrest were very close to the town and they already said the three coast-maps (Boston, New york and frontier) will be seperated from each other with loading screens.

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Returning to topic:

Will there be any nature in the city map (like in brotherhood) or just the town itself?

With the frontier this would feel unnecessary but I noticed in the boston demo that the forrest were very close to the town and they already said the three coast-maps (Boston, New york and frontier) will be seperated from each other with loading screens.
The Outlands of the city may include some farms and in the Video of Connor Syncing with a View point, you can see some far areas having less density of Buildings...

DavisP92
09-17-2012, 10:17 PM
BOTH of us Misunderstood each other, except I had the civility to admit my wrong, but if you`re gonna talk about my Attitude, Which you did, then talk about his as well.

Being unbiased here, I have to say M, what I've noticed since you came back you have had more of an arrogant presence in these forums. Not saying you are in person, or even if that is your intention when responding to people. But reading you messages one can easily pick that up. Which would lead people to think you aren't showing them respect, case in point the guy that went off on you. So maybe being a little more civil and not putting people down so quickly would get rid of the hostility towards you.

As for commenting about how he didn't admit he was wrong but you did, I did read the majority of both of your messages but I can't remember when he was plainly wrong. The main point I saw that he had was Rooftop running is a big portion in AC, or city/building navigation is. Which is true, in AC1-R that is where the majority of player most likely traveled. Of course there are other major portions of the game, but to say city and buildings aren't a key part in the game then that's wrong.

And i don't remember him saying that a lot of people were worried about the roofing but that there were some people, and based off the proof he has shown and the fact that you can't really know if people aren't worried. You can't disprove him.

But oh well, the size of the game is going to be great. What I'm wondering about is what we can do while in the frontier, and how many clubs there are

Edit:
Returning to topic:

to answer your question in one word, YES :). There are trees in the cities that help you get from one roof top to another because the space between the roofs are bigger now.

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Being unbiased here, I have to say M, what I've noticed since you came back you have had more of an arrogant presence in these forums. Not saying you are in person, or even if that is your intention when responding to people. But reading you messages one can easily pick that up. Which would lead people to think you aren't showing them respect, case in point the guy that went off on you. So maybe being a little more civil and not putting people down so quickly would get rid of the hostility towards you.

As for commenting about how he didn't admit he was wrong but you did, I did read the majority of both of your messages but I can't remember when he was plainly wrong. The main point I saw that he had was Rooftop running is a big portion in AC, or city/building navigation is. Which is true, in AC1-R that is where the majority of player most likely traveled. Of course there are other major portions of the game, but to say city and buildings aren't a key part in the game then that's wrong.

Another one who does not get the point..

I'm done regarding that subject as to not stir crap with this anymore...

DavisP92
09-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Another one who does not get the point..

I'm done regarding that subject as to not stir crap with this anymore...

Well that kinda points to what I was saying about not really being civil while talking to others. I could careless about the points you both fought for, my point is be respectful and kind.

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 10:36 PM
Well that kinda points to what I was saying about not really being civil while talking to others. I could careless about the points you both fought for, my point is be respectful and kind.
Like I said I'm done..

DavisP92
09-17-2012, 10:38 PM
Like I said I'm done..

Alright that's good i guess, not trying to bash on you or anything like that. So if that's what your getting I apologize for that. The only reason I wrote in this thread was out of the respect I had for you when I first started posting and interacted with you.

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 10:44 PM
Alright that's good i guess, not trying to bash on you or anything like that. So if that's what your getting I apologize for that. The only reason I wrote in this thread was out of the respect I had for you when I first started posting and interacted with you.
keyword being "had"

Good to know it was something in the past..

DavisP92
09-17-2012, 10:54 PM
keyword being "had"

Good to know it was something in the past..

well don't misunderstand, of course I respect everyone on the forums as long as they respect me. what i'm saying here is that looking back at when i first started posting on the forums, seeing M would mean a interesting conversation with good information about the game and a friendly atmosphere. Now it seems to have change more towards a hostile atmosphere, and somewhat of a talking down to attitude.

Of course looking at the big picture my respect of an individual would go down from this, but it doesn't mean I don't respect that person at all. It just means that I wouldn't want to interact with said person as much as I would have liked to in the past.

To restate, I do still respect you, as long as you show respect to me. However, (not trying to sugarcoat it) I did have more respect for you when you seemed more inviting

fanofthecreed
09-17-2012, 10:56 PM

Possibly the way they will pull it off is by having multiple disks (as far as xbox is concerned) Maybe one for each city?
While slightly obnoxious it would allow much more things in the city. (please forgive any spelling mistakes, I hate spelling...)

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 11:40 PM
I just want to Apologize to Free_Hidings for what I said, It was a Misunderstanding between 2 point of views and somehow clashed and escalated badly.. so for that I'm sorry..

I also want to Apologize to anyone else who i may have seemed aggressive against in this thread or used words that may have conveyed the wrong message..

Sorry, Everyone..

Free_Hidings
09-18-2012, 12:39 AM
I just want to Apologize to Free_Hidings for what I said, It was a Misunderstanding between 2 point of views and somehow clashed and escalated badly.. so for that I'm sorry..

I also want to Apologize to anyone else who i may have seemed aggressive against in this thread or used words that may have conveyed the wrong message..

Sorry, Everyone..

I'm going to assume this isn't sarcasm...

It's no worries really, and I apologise also for responding rather aggressively. I think we are both somewhat stubborn haha. And I have nothing against you, as you stated I am a new kid on the forums so I don't know anyone enough to have anything against them, I'm just the kind of person that likes to get his point across.

Well if a new, modern game engine can really make that much of a difference than an old one, I can see this game as being absolutely amazing... I already was so pumped even if it was the same size as Rome, but now with speculation that it could be 3x bigger... That's insane. If horses can't gallop though, I will snap my disc and burn it...

Assassin_M
09-18-2012, 12:44 AM
I'm going to assume this isn't sarcasm...

It's no worries really, and I apologise also for responding rather aggressively. I think we are both somewhat stubborn haha. And I have nothing against you, as you stated I am a new kid on the forums so I don't know anyone enough to have anything against them, I'm just the kind of person that likes to get his point across.

Well if a new, modern game engine can really make that much of a difference than an old one, I can see this game as being absolutely amazing... I already was so pumped even if it was the same size as Rome, but now with speculation that it could be 3x bigger... That's insane. If horses can't gallop though, I will snap my disc and burn it...
Its not Sarcasm I swear xD

Its all good here:)

The engine is indeed amazing and im sure it can have 80% of Rome, but its the historical Accuracy im putting in mind regarding the size.. They already said they`ll be making the cities larger than they were for gameplay sake, but 80% of Rome ? Too much Inaccuracy If you ask me..

Free_Hidings
09-18-2012, 12:55 AM
Its not Sarcasm I swear xD

Its all good here:)

The engine is indeed amazing and im sure it can have 80% of Rome, but its the historical Accuracy im putting in mind regarding the size.. They already said they`ll be making the cities larger than they were for gameplay sake, but 80% of Rome ? Too much Inaccuracy If you ask me..

Maybe they are purposefully being vague, and they actually mean 80% of the built up areas of Rome or something like that... I honestly wouldn't care if it was the same size as Rome, I think the game is going to be incredible!

Assassin_M
09-18-2012, 12:58 AM
Maybe they are purposefully being vague, and they actually mean 80% of the built up areas of Rome or something like that... I honestly wouldn't care if it was the same size as Rome, I think the game is going to be incredible!
I think so too..

At least we agree on that xD

Soulid_Snake
09-18-2012, 02:10 AM
Can someone clear things up for me, from AC1, AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations which has the bigger world?

Assassin_M
09-18-2012, 02:25 AM
Can someone clear things up for me, from AC1, AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations which has the bigger world?
AC I: A Kingdom(Bit Smaller than Rome) Damascus(Half Florence) Acre(Same) Jerusalem(Same) and Masyaf(Including Outlands, about same as Damascus, Acre and Jerusalem)
AC II: Venice, Florence, San Gimmingano, Forli, Monterrigionni, Mountains (About the size of the Kingdom)
ACB: Rome(3 times Flroence)
ACR: Constantinople(A bit smaller than Rome) and Cappadocia(About the size of Masyaf)

I`d say AC II

Soulid_Snake
09-18-2012, 02:42 AM
AC I: A Kingdom(Bit Smaller than Rome) Damascus(Half Florence) Acre(Same) Jerusalem(Same) and Masyaf(Including Outlands, about same as Damascus, Acre and Jerusalem)
AC II: Venice, Florence, San Gimmingano, Forli, Monterrigionni, Mountains (About the size of the Kingdom)
ACB: Rome(3 times Flroence)
ACR: Constantinople(A bit smaller than Rome) and Cappadocia(About the size of Masyaf)

I`d say AC II

Thanks Assassin_M!:cool:

I think AC3 will be bigger, looking really forward to it!

Assassin_M
09-18-2012, 02:53 AM
Thanks Assassin_M!:cool:

I think AC3 will be bigger, looking really forward to it!
Oh of course, I`v no doubt that AC III will be the biggest:D

Soulid_Snake
09-18-2012, 04:51 PM
Oh of course, I`v no doubt that AC III will be the biggest:D

:cool: