PDA

View Full Version : Previous saves

yubetcha
09-17-2012, 12:31 AM
Using Assassin's Creed 1. I searched for this, and could not find anything that helped.
I rode a horse from the starting city toward Damascus. In a town along the way, I got into a fight, and I guess my horse died, because now I don't have one.
I died and reloaded the memory. It is a long walk. Every time I try to use a horse, I get attacked. And now, even walking, I get attacked, and I am still a long way from Damascus. Is it possible to go back to a previous save? I tried to using other memories (the vertical things that look like DNA), but when I select 'Back', it uses the current memory. If I need to select something else, I can't figure out what.
Please help. I do not want to start over.
Oh. Also, how do you exit the game back to the desktop? When I click to exit the game, it takes me back to the profiles screen. I then have to use the task manager to exit.
Thanks.

SixKeys
09-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Your horse can't die, only run away. If you lose it, you can always find a new one somewhere in the Kingdom. Usually near houses or haybales.
You probably keep getting into fights because you're galloping or running too fast through guarded areas. When you see the eye icon in the left upper corner blinking red, it means guards are suspicious of you and you should move very slowly. If you rush past them, they will think you're running from the law.

Quitting the game is a bit of a pain. When you want to exit, it takes you to the profile screen. There you have to click on your current profile and it will give you the option to quit. Then it will take you back to the game's starting screen where you have to click Exit again.

Locopells
09-17-2012, 11:30 AM
If guards are standing in a line with the swords raised, you cannot go through them or they'll pull you horse over. Go around, if you can, and you should be fine. They can't catch you otherwise.

As said, there are horses around, usually near haybale, but very rarely unguarded.

Alt+F4 is the quickest way out.

yubetcha
09-18-2012, 01:57 AM
Thank you very much, Sixkeys and Locopells.
I read through the manual, which is lacking a lot, and could not find anything on this, so I came here and searched.
That is probably what is happening with the fights. I think I am going too fast. I will slow it down to less than one horse power :^) . I didn't think of that.
I thought that perhaps people were angry because I stole their horse.
Anyway, thanks a lot. I appreciate it.