PDA

View Full Version : How I hope DLC is done with this game.

moc100
09-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Hi. I think this game has the potential to be THE greatest Open-World game of all-time (that is until GTAV comes out). I'm really impressed in what I've seen so far and it is my most anticipated game of the Year (the one game I'm looking forward to even more than this is The Last of Us). I'd like to talk about how I think Ubi should handle SP DLC for this game. The two games who had the best DLC packs according to a lot of people are GTAIV and RDR, two open-world games. They really feel like Expansion packs.

Since I don't think Ubi Montreal will be able to do much better than AC3 this gen, I think that they should have a spin-off sized team (ACB,ACR) working on Expansion style DLC packs that would be released every 2-3 months while another team (like the one that started AC3 when 2 was done) works on their next-gen stuff instead of another game next year. There's a huge potential when it comes to DLC in this game. For example, there could be totally new cities. I think there's a city that was meant to be explorable but since it was pretty empty, Connor only visits it in a cut-scene. It would be cool to have that as DLC with a lot of missions in that city.

Thanks for reading and don't forget to share your opinion on how you hope they handle DLC with this game.

Ielgon
09-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Yeah that's probably how it will work actually! They've already stated that they want to do more episodic DLC this time with having a lot of it and big expansion like ones (that's probably also the reason you can buy a seasonal pass for the DLC this time). This will also probably be the last game with Connor since after this one we're done with Desmond and because Connor is his ancestor that'd also mean no more Connor, so I don't see them doing a brotherhood or revelations type sequel with Connor. That's also probably the reason they've chosen to do DLC the way they have because they want to give us more Connor without having to make another half sequel/filler title next year since they want this game to wrap the current story and Desmond up.

BBALive
09-16-2012, 05:39 PM
Should probably let you know that The Last of Us isn't coming out this year.

Regarding the DLC, I agree.

moc100
09-16-2012, 05:39 PM
That's awesome. Thanks for the info.

moc100
09-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Should probably let you know that The Last of Us isn't coming out this year.

Regarding the DLC, I agree.

I know that it's coming in 2013. AC3 is my most anticipated game of the year. TLoU is my most anticipated game in general.

pacmanate
09-16-2012, 09:59 PM
In terms of anticipated games I don't see anything beating AC3 and The Last of Us at this point.

Anyway on topic, they need some heavy DLC, screw that Multiplayer crap because literally no one gives a POO about it. They need extra "memories". Not sequences, cause I don't want an AC2 repeat where they take some out and charge me, but extra memories. Maybe even some outfits as DLC too just to throw them in.

Serrachio
09-16-2012, 10:09 PM
screw that Multiplayer crap because literally no one gives a POO about it.

*AHEM*

I don't see the point in having more memories if there's not a proper storyline behind them, with actual useful details. AC isn't Skyrim, with some silly repetitive "infinite quests" mechanic, that's basically the same fetch or kill quest repeated over and over. I'm not really a big fan on outfits either. Once you've completed the game, wearing a different outfit isn't going to give you much else satisfaction, but I at least accept that some people like that sort of stuff.

Multiplayer isn't that bad, you're only complaining because you don't play it.

pacmanate
09-16-2012, 11:01 PM
*AHEM*

I don't see the point in having more memories if there's not a proper storyline behind them, with actual useful details. AC isn't Skyrim, with some silly repetitive "infinite quests" mechanic, that's basically the same fetch or kill quest repeated over and over. I'm not really a big fan on outfits either. Once you've completed the game, wearing a different outfit isn't going to give you much else satisfaction, but I at least accept that some people like that sort of stuff.

Multiplayer isn't that bad, you're only complaining because you don't play it.

I do play it I just think it would be a silly move to push multiplayer DLC for a game as big as AC3.

DavisP92
09-17-2012, 01:10 AM
Okay so this is how i see it, I don't really understand what they could do with a season pass for AC3. Yea there can be a few missions but they can't make a whole new story revolving Connor like AC3.5 (AC3-Brotherhood). If they can then that's sick, but i doubt it would work. What I'd rather them do was have one or two really great SP dlc quests. Like have AC3 showing the girl from the PSVIta game, and something else in the first. The second dlc being something that gives a hint for the next Assassin's creed game. Something that just shows 3 locations that Connor reads about and the assassins during that time.

Other then that, I'd rather have them create some sort of Co-op concept, if they have been trying to do that this entire time. The way that would work is by having the first month dlc (co-op) we play as Assassins, lets say during Ezio's time, his apprentices mainly. We can pick our gender, race, outfit, and what gear we take on each mission. Pretty much every mission we sent our assassins on in ACB, the ones that were in egypt, paris, etc. That way we could have small missions in different locations, and there bigger ones like the ones that had multiple parts. There would be a large amount of different missions and with new locations there would a new fresh feeling.

That is how I would see AC3's dlc season pass actually being great.

TheDanteEX
09-17-2012, 01:29 AM
Since the game takes place over 30 years of Connor's life, I'm sure they can find room to fit in stories of his life not present in the game. This opens doors to new maps and areas.

moc100
09-17-2012, 05:41 PM
Okay so this is how i see it, I don't really understand what they could do with a season pass for AC3. Yea there can be a few missions but they can't make a whole new story revolving Connor like AC3.5 (AC3-Brotherhood). If they can then that's sick, but i doubt it would work. What I'd rather them do was have one or two really great SP dlc quests. Like have AC3 showing the girl from the PSVIta game, and something else in the first. The second dlc being something that gives a hint for the next Assassin's creed game. Something that just shows 3 locations that Connor reads about and the assassins during that time.

Actually, I think they could make something comparable to Revelations as DLC. I like the idea of having Adeline (I think that's her name) appear in DLC. Maybe we could be able to explore her City and help her out. It would also be cool to have an expansion that ties 3 and 4 together.

notafanboy
09-17-2012, 06:12 PM
i donīt get why gta5 seems to have such a legendary status even though we havenīt seen much of yet, while i think it is fun to shoot babies in my favorite underwear, i just donīt get why it is so anticipated

moc100
09-17-2012, 06:17 PM
i donīt get why gta5 seems to have such a legendary status even though we havenīt seen much of yet, while i think it is fun to shoot babies in my favorite underwear, i just donīt get why it is so anticipated

Dude, it's freaking GTA in LA(the setting of the best GTA game, San Andreas). Also, it looks freaking awesome.

notafanboy
09-17-2012, 06:58 PM
that doesnīt tell me very much...

POP1Fan
09-17-2012, 07:27 PM

True.

As for the DLC, I don't think they should go all crazy with it since that might mean pulling off a ME3 and hold the true ending for it, which would suck. And even if they don't do that and we get the actual ending in 3 then a huge DLC wouldn't have any point at that moment.

FirestarLuva
09-17-2012, 07:47 PM
More DLC's with Connor would be great. We can explore parts of his life that might be skipped in the game, since many people love Connor already, Ubisoft themselves said they'll try to get him in more AC stuff (DLC, books, short movies, ect.) Like foe example, a DLC featuring Aveline seems like a possibility. Since AC3 will be over 30 hours of gameplay + with all the DLC that will come out we can expect over 40-45 hours of gameplay, which I think would do Connor justice, since it would be unfair if Ezio gets 3 games and Connor only one. I wonder if there'll be a DLC featuring Altair, like the short memory sequences in Revelations, that would be nice. Altair always seemed like an underrated character to me. His story deserves more than one game.

moc100
09-17-2012, 08:36 PM
True.

As for the DLC, I don't think they should go all crazy with it since that might mean pulling off a ME3 and hold the true ending for it, which would suck. And even if they don't do that and we get the actual ending in 3 then a huge DLC wouldn't have any point at that moment.

Not necessarily. People who played only AC2 got an actual ending and aren't required to play B and R to understand AC3 but it simply helps them understand the story better. AC3 could be like 2 and have DLCs that work like ACB and ACR.

MarleyMon81
09-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Anyone heard anything further on the rumored season pass we heard about earlier in the summer?

DavisP92
09-17-2012, 08:58 PM
More DLC's with Connor would be great. We can explore parts of his life that might be skipped in the game, since many people love Connor already, Ubisoft themselves said they'll try to get him in more AC stuff (DLC, books, short movies, ect.) Like foe example, a DLC featuring Aveline seems like a possibility. Since AC3 will be over 30 hours of gameplay + with all the DLC that will come out we can expect over 40-45 hours of gameplay, which I think would do Connor justice, since it would be unfair if Ezio gets 3 games and Connor only one. I wonder if there'll be a DLC featuring Altair, like the short memory sequences in Revelations, that would be nice. Altair always seemed like an underrated character to me. His story deserves more than one game.

that is an interesting though, having connor go back to Altiar. But I hope they stay away from that completely. From what I know about Altair's story his adventures don't really have anything special that wasn't already shown except for the assassination of Genghis khan and the failure at Constantinople. They should leave Genghis Khan for when they do a co-op AC game because there was 3 assassins there, Altair, his son and the archer assassin from the statue of assassins.

Like I said before, I don't see what they could show really with Connor. Yea there could be a few moments in his life they show off with the first 2 dlcs but what's after that? I'd rather they do something like I said about the co-op thing but, we'll see

FirestarLuva
09-17-2012, 10:57 PM
Like I said before, I don't see what they could show really with Connor. Yea there could be a few moments in his life they show off with the first 2 dlcs but what's after that? I'd rather they do something like I said about the co-op thing but, we'll see

Well, apart from moments of his life that will be skipped in the game, they can make DLCs with Connor about what happened to him after AC3, sort of like a brotherhood-type game only with DLCs.

DavisP92
09-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Well, apart from moments of his life that will be skipped in the game, they can make DLCs with Connor about what happened to him after AC3, sort of like a brotherhood-type game only with DLCs.

The way I see that being an issue, if Desmond dies we can't relive Connor. And if he lives, then why would Desmond see what happens to him now, there would have to be a point for Desmond to continue reliving Connor's life.

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 11:16 PM
I want Outfits, Weapons, Tools, Maneuvers, Events, Quests, Mini-Games and a BIG Story DLC...

DavisP92
09-17-2012, 11:36 PM
I want Outfits, Weapons, Tools, Maneuvers, Events, Quests, Mini-Games and a BIG Story DLC...

I'm not really for outfits at this point, I would love more outfits when there's coop. As for weapons it depends, like new swords and dagger with the same animations, not for me. But tools and maneuvers and everything else would be great. I really just want co-op :D

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm not really for outfits at this point, I would love more outfits when there's coop. As for weapons it depends, like new swords and dagger with the same animations, not for me. But tools and maneuvers and everything else would be great. I really just want co-op :D
Well.. There is On-line coop... I think:p

DavisP92
09-17-2012, 11:54 PM
Well.. There is On-line coop... I think:p

Yea the wolf-pack mode, but i can't lie that doesn't excite me at all. I had SUPER HIGH hopes for a co-op story or co-op missions as in my earlier message on this thread. Just imagine it, climbing a roof with your friend and having him run across to where the target is and jump assassinate him while you shoot arrows at two guards next to him so that you can escape right after without a fight :P. that would be so satisfying, with full customization, and a open world. :) that's what i want.

Assassin_M
09-18-2012, 12:01 AM
Yea the wolf-pack mode, but i can't lie that doesn't excite me at all. I had SUPER HIGH hopes for a co-op story or co-op missions as in my earlier message on this thread. Just imagine it, climbing a roof with your friend and having him run across to where the target is and jump assassinate him while you shoot arrows at two guards next to him so that you can escape right after without a fight :P. that would be so satisfying, with full customization, and a open world. :) that's what i want.
That works better as an RPG AC game..seeing as you want full customization..

DavisP92
09-18-2012, 12:20 AM
That works better as an RPG AC game..seeing as you want full customization..

when i say full customization in AC, i really just mean pick the outfit, armor, where the weapons will be on us and what weapons we can use. Not making our character or anything like that, but if the co-op had something like pick what assassin out of these 4 for your co-op character then i'd like that. But i do remember there was talk about an RPG AC game

Assassin_M
09-18-2012, 12:22 AM
when i say full customization in AC, i really just mean pick the outfit, armor, where the weapons will be on us and what weapons we can use. Not making our character or anything like that, but if the co-op had something like pick what assassin out of these 4 for your co-op character then i'd like that. But i do remember there was talk about an RPG AC game
Yup I remember too, but that was some time ago, which leads me to believe that it may have been scrapped..

DavisP92
09-18-2012, 12:46 AM
Yup I remember too, but that was some time ago, which leads me to believe that it may have been scrapped..

that is true, but if they are trying to really make co-op (sp influenced not mp influenced) then they can take some ideas from the RPG idea to make a great co-op. One thing that makes co-op great to me is playing as a different character with a different feel and gameplay then my friend. Like have 4 assassins, ( archer, bomber, poison, and gunner) and have multple skins for each class male and female, and gender which would be just different skin tone and small features that are changed. Then there should be a limit to what we can carry, that way if lets say you and i are playing, you pick poison and i pick the archer. You could use 2 side weapons, two daggers (duel wielding would take away the other free weapon) then the hidden blade(s) and your poison blade. And I use only my bow and hands with the hidden blade of course.

There would be some type of progression system with weapons as well, as in you can start with one dagger and upgrade to using two, upgrade poison to get poison dart and such, while bow would be upgrade to shooting two arrows, and with hand to hand it can go to disarming and taking weapons to redirecting attack (like in ACR's CGI trailer). And of course if you play as a female then there should be the option to try to seduce a guard in order to redirect his attention or for a guy act drunk.

AnthonyA85
09-18-2012, 02:51 AM
This season pass thing that is supposed to grant free access to all DLC, that's going to be PS3 only, right? if that is the case, where will us Xbox and (in my case) PC users get the DLC?

moc100
09-18-2012, 07:29 AM

That would be epic. If they made a DLC similar to Brotherhood or even Revelations in size, AC3 could not only be regarded as one of the best games ever but also one of the games with the best DLC, like GTA IV and RDR.