PDA

View Full Version : Tournam'ents reward

Draanek
09-15-2012, 04:59 PM
Hi, this is a post to say that , in my opinion, i found tournament's reward too low.

For example, i'll take today's tournament. I played for hours and i arrived 6th (i'm proud). The price pool was near 1 000 000, and with my 6th place i only won 18k ! It's about 2% for the 6th place !

According to me, reward should be better for real high level players and less players should be rewarded. I'd like to see if others agrees with me. Thx

Sayannn
09-15-2012, 05:14 PM
i think, the best idea is reward only for 10top players... but... hmm ubi is annoying

MD78
09-16-2012, 01:09 AM
Well, I disagree. High rewards for only the top 10 would favour expensive decks and boost them even more. Small wins for more people, makes more happy :o and is also much fairer for free players.

Devwarr
09-16-2012, 03:55 AM
I think the tournaments need to go back to the old system, unless you have hours of time now you cant make the rewards. Going back to playing only a limited number of tournament games even the playing field for everyone.

HLanVN
09-16-2012, 09:24 AM
I still not fully understand the reward system, what rank you should hold to start sharing the gold reward ?

zenithale
09-16-2012, 01:03 PM
I think the tournaments need to go back to the old system
+1
A fixed number of games would be better IMO, because now if you don't have a lot of time to play it's useeless to participate.

HLanVN
09-16-2012, 02:26 PM
I just ranked 50 in the last tourament, it reward me 7k gold and the 6th place only 18k ? I guess the gold will spread around top 100, according to the rank.

nordentipwel
09-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Today tournament had 1.5M in Jackpot. Diaslepeiste went 2nd and he received 39k.
39k out of 1.5M for 2nd place...

Devwarr
09-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Has anyone actually just dueled? I find myself only dueling in the tournament, makes the duel option pointless at the moment.

Papalupa
09-16-2012, 02:40 PM
I think the tournaments need to go back to the old system, unless you have hours of time now you cant make the rewards. Going back to playing only a limited number of tournament games even the playing field for everyone.
Also would prefer a fixed Number. I for myselve have maximum time for 4-5 Games / day.
You wont believe it - there is live besides the PC :rolleyes:

18k for the 6th seems a little weak - even though: when it happend that I made th 69th place and got a price it really motivated me to play the tournament the next day too.
I asume it is neccessary to reward the people up to the 100th(?) place, as people (me including) wont play Tournament when only the top 10 out of 600 get prices.

Vorimas
09-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Has anyone actually just dueled? I find myself only dueling in the tournament, makes the duel option pointless at the moment.

Well yeah, I mostly dueled this weekend. Dueling gives you a higher gold payout for a win, around 600-700 IIRC.
I find it a more reliable way of getting gold than relying on tournament rewards. Probably more time-efficient as well.

MD78
09-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Limited matches is definitely a must.

Urthel
09-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Is there gold reward for win, a single duel in tournament also like in normal duel, despite the prize for end tournament? And if there is, how many gold you get?

Devwarr
09-16-2012, 04:52 PM
I get between 400 - 700 gold for a win in tournament, then won 7.5k gold for my placement after 10-12 games, so id say it works out better doing only tournament at the moment.

Urthel
09-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Just won first match in tournament and I get just ~150g ;/, for duels I get 700 - 900 so where is point to play tournaments without decent deck? i am certain that with my current heaven deck i don't have any chance getting top 50. (Was unlucky with heaven cards in my first box;/)

BoromiRofGeo
09-17-2012, 10:17 PM
+1
A fixed number of games would be better IMO, because now if you don't have a lot of time to play it's useeless to participate.
+1.
well said bro.
i cant stand this "new" tournamets.

pod11
09-18-2012, 12:03 PM
What portion of jackpot is 1st place?

and is tier 1 more then just 1st placE?

Gareth_n
09-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Tier 1 includes till at least 3rd. I got 40k as a tier one reward for a 3rd place, out of a jackpot of 1.5 mill. Not nearly as much as I had hoped, but way more than if I had spent the same amount of time on regular dueling

Ch3rryAC
09-18-2012, 12:16 PM
Those are my calculations:

Legend:
Tier[number of tier]: - [place range in tornament] (% of jackpot)

Tier1: 1 - ??
Tier2: ?? - 8 - ??
Tier3: ?? - 38 - ?? (~0,8%)
Tier4: ?? - 45-87 - ?? (~0,4%)
Tier5: ?? - 146 - ?? (~0,2%)

Don't criticise this system. You get reward for even 146th place! The pot is so big because many people join the tournaments. If only Top 10 would get the rewards no one will participate, and strong decks would become even stronger.

To players like Gareth_n: 40k is HUGE reward for daily tournament and it's a good thing that so many players can get rewarded for participating in a tournament.

pod11
09-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Ch3rryAC
its not that hudge, you loose about 400-500 gold / game compared to duels.

Gareth_n
09-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Yip, if it takes 20-25 games to get tier one rewards (and it does), you have lost about 8k-10k (the difference between the gold earned for duels vs. the gold for each tournament game). So it's more like winning 30k gold, which is not even 3 packs worth. That's not intended to be a criticism, just to explain the reality of the system.

Noetherian
09-18-2012, 04:54 PM
+1

I completely agree. I would like to see tournaments with a fixed number of games.

Narkon27
09-18-2012, 07:36 PM
I don't think I will ever play in a tournament because it requires too much time invested to get a decent place. I agree that a fixed number of games would be better, but they would still need a logical number. I would like to see shorter tournaments; maybe 4 hour tournaments (6 tournaments / day) so I can play in all their duration. Having the gold reset often is better imo. Then we have the gold. A fair share would be 50%-25%-10%-5%-5% and the remaining 5 players in the top 10 would get 1% of the gold

Ipwnfour
09-19-2012, 12:27 PM
I like the current Tournament system tbh. I don't know how the system was before (in the closed beta?), because I just started 2-3 days ago. Could someone give me an example of "a fixed number of games"?

I disagree with Sayann, to reward only the top-10. If you lower the amount of winners, only the best decks will keep winning and growing stronger, making them win even more. Then there's no way for new players to catch up.

I also think the rewards are fine as they are now. It's not hard to get 3rd tier rewards, which is still 0.8% of the Jackpot. I just started this game and with just the starter's deck it's easy to get some nice rewards. If you win 4-5 games more than you lose, you will get you there. Now after 2-3 days playing, I'm (most likely) getting 1st tier rewards. :o

Chompman
09-19-2012, 01:39 PM
They could add a additional tournament that uses only a limited amount of battles as only one tournament is a bit low.

This way people could play in what one works the best or even both if they have time.

I am waiting and hoping they add a chat room and let players run their own tournaments to make fun restrictions and player given rewards eventually.

r3tsa
09-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Atm, tournament is not attractive to lower rated players, they lose potential gold and time, also there is less people playing the global ladder. Altough i don't have anything against infinite number of duels during tournaments(as long draw will be fixed and will affect tournament ELO), because even if you got less time you can start few hours before end and with decent deck still have a good shot for gold reward. However in long term weaker players won't participate. I don't know if fixed value will help resolve the issue, despite the psychological aspect of having greater chances for reward, with fixed number of duels per player jackpot will simply be lower.

I like the idea of two separate tournaments, for example one for ranking 1-500, second for 501-1000. Still it won't be enough to keep players playing by giving the possibility for satisfying progression. I hope we agree on the point that at the moment, the most important think for the game to be successful is building a large stable player base.

I would like also propose something else as a solution: player A won 5 duels, however it wasn't enough to get gold reward for the jackpot, but the system rewards him with 2 cards. Why? For easier calculations let's say he lost 5x400=2000 gold to due the jackpot investment, comparing to regular ladder duels. This way most players will be satisfied and keep playing.

Personally I can't decide between fixed and infinite number, but for sure those are better than 2-3 hour everyday. The best idea i can thing of is few tournaments dependent on global ELO with additional card rewards for players outside of the jackpot, however i don't know how to handle players who crosses global ELO point limit.

pod11
09-20-2012, 07:15 AM
Specific rare card for tier 1 and specific uncommon card for tier 2 as addition to gold would make high tiers atractive.

Low tiers are easy to get with much less effort, i think rewards there are good.At least it was enough to keep me in tournament when i got to tier 3 - 4 at first tournaments

Chompman
09-20-2012, 07:32 AM
It would be great if you were informed what tier you are currently at also and what the current estimated reward would be as it changes so a estimate would be a great feature.

Gareth_n
09-20-2012, 07:58 AM
Specific rare card for tier 1 and specific uncommon card for tier 2 as addition to gold would make high tiers atractive.

+1

Maybe for tier 1, four random generated cards, 3 rare, 1 epic, pick one
For tier 2, four random generated cards, 3 uncommon, 1 rare, pick one

pod11
09-20-2012, 08:54 AM
Actiolly i was thinking of having that card revealed as tournament goes so people know what they are fighting over.

r3tsa
09-20-2012, 11:12 AM
+1

Maybe for tier 1, four random generated cards, 3 rare, 1 epic, pick one
For tier 2, four random generated cards, 3 uncommon, 1 rare, pick one

Thats too much for t1. I purposely proposed cards only for players without gold rewards, gaining gold + too much cards can make specific decks too powerful.

pod11
09-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Just 1 rare card for tier 1, and 1 uncommon for tier 2 would be enough. As long as competitors would know what card they may win.

Having it as a guaranteed reward for getting to that tier is very valuable over trying to find that specific card you need for your deck in packs.

Evershifting
09-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Could someone kindly say where i can found listings of tournament rewards and above-mentioned "tiers" ?

Ch3rryAC
09-20-2012, 01:27 PM
There are five Tiers. The "size" of a Tier can change depends how many people join the tournament.

It's something like this for example:
Places 1 - 3: Tier1 ~2% of jackpot reward
Places 4 - 10: Tier2 ~1,2% of jackpot reward etc.