PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 New Enemy type: "Syndicate"

connor_bg
09-15-2012, 03:28 PM
I have noticed in the recent videos that ubi introduced the new enemy class which pretty much carry the same style of clothing and movements of those type of ninjas i call- syndicates (all the games i've played that included characters with such clothing- mask covering mouth and nose, in some cases hats, and some ninja style of movements, carried the title- Syndicate). Anyways Ubi (or the actual history itself) most probably didn't give them that rank/title. I think they will be AC3's version of the janissaries. Leave a reply what do you expect from those "syndicates" as attack moves or defense, weapons wielding (if ubi forgot to spoil us about it). As it goes for my opinion they will do more tricky swings compared to the previous games enemies, in the gameplay video connor dodged two "syndicates" which performed swing similar to ezio's execution animation from brotherhood (jump- neckstab), since Connor dodged those in the killing animation i assume they will be included in the normal "syndicates" moves as well.

Slayer_WTF
09-15-2012, 03:38 PM
Do you have a picture that depicts these Syndicate?

Requiscent
09-15-2012, 03:46 PM
I believe he is referring to the enemies we see in the 3rd Inside episode, I'll try to find the exact time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_DG5YvbEDg

Specifically, at around 5:05.

Slayer_WTF
09-15-2012, 03:54 PM
This?

http://i50.tinypic.com/awqh34.jpg

Requiscent
09-15-2012, 03:57 PM
More than likely, they seem to be the replacement for the agile, but it's hard to say with little footage.

connor_bg
09-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Yes, i've logged, because i had work to do, but those were the guys i was talking about. Ruqu nailed the perfect moment of the clip showing their movements, which movements says it all. I agree with you that it is more like AC3's version of the agiles than janissaries.

InfamousQ1987
09-15-2012, 04:30 PM
I believe he is referring to the enemies we see in the 3rd Inside episode, I'll try to find the exact time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_DG5YvbEDg

Specifically, at around 5:05.

In the last combo connor does (episode 3) at 5:45 when he kicks the guard in the back....i swear I heard a hidden blade sound. Combat looks sooooooo sick. I think it would be interesting to have a hidden shoe blade

Vex_Assassin
09-15-2012, 04:38 PM
In the last combo connor does (episode 3) at 5:45 when he kicks the guard in the back....i swear I heard a hidden blade sound. Combat looks sooooooo sick. I think it would be interesting to have a hidden shoe blade

Like the Joker in The Dark Knight :eek:

Kit572
09-15-2012, 04:43 PM
Like the Joker in The Dark Knight :eek:

And Shao Jun...

Assassin_M
09-15-2012, 04:44 PM
And Shao Jun...
That should`v come WAAAAAAAy before Joker...

InfamousQ1987
09-15-2012, 04:55 PM
^^^ lol you are right on that. But it would be interesting. Just someone tell me im not seeing things.

kudos17
09-15-2012, 04:58 PM

I think that's just the sound it makes when boots meet layers of clothing with metal on it jingling around. You have to remember, most sounds are exaggerated in games and films, real-life fighting does not make nearly as much noise when you contact someone with a hit. Unless it's like metal sword on metal armour, or something.

I see no blood, so I think Connor just kicked him in the lower spine/back (which can't feel good at all :p) Hidden boot blades are probably more of an Eastern-culture thing, I'd guess. Shao Jun had one, and if I remember correctly, so did Nikolai Orelov.

Kit572
09-15-2012, 05:00 PM
I think that's just the sound it makes when boots meet layers of clothing with metal on it jingling around. You have to remember, most sounds are exaggerated in games and films, real-life fighting does not make nearly as much noise when you contact someone with a hit. Unless it's like metal sword on metal armour, or something.

I see no blood, so I think Connor just kicked him in the lower spine/back (which can't feel good at all :p) Hidden boot blades are probably more of an Eastern-culture thing, I'd guess. Shao Jun had one, and if I remember correctly, so did Nikolai Orelov.

Nikolai had a hidden boot blade? ****, I'm going to have to pick up the comics sometime!

Ielgon
09-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Well when Assassin's Creed 2 came out they said the reason for two hidden blades was that Assassin's Creed 1 had one so Assassin's Creed 2 needed two so maybe in Assassin's Creed 3....three hidden blades(which would be the one in the boot)?

I doubt it though as it seems to just be a sound to emphasize the strength of Connor's kick and it would be a bit ridiculous and make combat assymetrical since only one boot would have the blade and he could then only use it against foes on one side of him. And if you think about it: It would be very impractical for fast combat and freerunning, since he'd could get the blade stuck in something (say a guard or a three when it accidentally shouts out while he is climbing it) which would cause him to have to pull it out somehow or remove his boot before pulling it out. Also: How would the mechanism work? How would he activate it when he wanted to?

The one Joker has in the Dark Knight illustrates its use well: A quick dirty trick that you can only really use once when someone is stationary, you can't really use it as a primary weapon without getting it stuck eventually.

Back on topic: I think those are either the new agile type or the equivalent of the Janissaries. They seem to be using swords meaning they're actually fully capable melee fighters that can give Connor trouble instead of having to use a bayonet after their shot misses. Also: The guard at 5:20 seems to have the same color scheme as them without the hat? Maybe they're just part of some special unit you encounter in the game sometimes?

Anyone notice that he dropkicks the guard at 4:58? I wonder how fast we'll be able to get up from that or whether it's a move you can do when you're desperate that leaves you vulnerable afterwards? It seems to have the same effect as the shoulder ram/push we saw Connor perform in the boston massacre demo in that it knocks a guard of his feet and makes him ragdoll.

BBALive
09-15-2012, 05:40 PM
They are Hessians.

connor_bg
09-15-2012, 09:03 PM
They are Hessians.
So i guess Ubi likes to bring more epicness to things, since those guys are added some masks and stylish moves. Same goes for Janissaries, when they never had masks at their faces in real life's history, but Ubi decided to follow the example from the movie 300 (The immortals and their masks, when in RL they never had masks).

As it goes for the back kick i thought i am the only one who noticed that the sound seemed to be a blade coming from the boot. It does makes sense since Every number at the game's title correspond with the number of hidden blades carried. And personally i wont mind it.

Anyone notice that he dropkicks the guard at 4:58? I wonder how fast we'll be able to get up from that or whether it's a move you can do when you're desperate that leaves you vulnerable afterwards?

I think this is an execution streak archetype (in Brotherhood the captains didn't get damage from executions, you just see Ezio bash his sword, for example, with the captain's and the captain just gets stunned and seemed unrealistic a bit, i think they improved this and we can actually see Connor, for instance, to do a dropkick to a Captain and stun him, and continue his streak afterwards with the weaker enemies. I think the dropkicked soldier in the video is Captain, but i am not sure.)

lothario-da-be
09-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Does anyone know how much enemy archetypes there will be. This one is my favorite yet.

BBALive
09-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Does anyone know how much enemy archetypes there will be. This one is my favorite yet.

I think it was 15 or something like.

lothario-da-be
09-15-2012, 09:15 PM
pretty much compared to previous ac games.

BBALive
09-15-2012, 09:19 PM
pretty much compared to previous ac games.

That's a lot more than previous AC games.

notafanboy
09-15-2012, 09:25 PM
the "syndicate" as you call it is a hessian soldier i think
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hessian_(soldiers)

HisSpiritLives
09-15-2012, 09:26 PM

WOW,where did you find that?

BBALive
09-15-2012, 09:32 PM
WOW,where did you find that?

I heard from a few people here. Makes sense, there was a lot of diverse unit types.

HisSpiritLives
09-15-2012, 09:43 PM
I heard from a few people here. Makes sense, there was a lot of diverse unit types.

That is nice.

BeCk41
09-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Dang. Looks like Saints Row 3 enemies are seeping into other games...