PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Ubisoft!

xXRyzonXx
09-15-2012, 10:29 AM
I just wanted to thank Devs and everyone who has ever worked on an assassins creed game, Assassin's Creed is my favorite franchise, I honestly love everything about it.
I'm very pumped for AC3 and i think it will be great.

anybody else who might want to thank Ubi, feel free to do so.

Free_Hidings
09-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Well aren't you sweet.

xXRyzonXx
09-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Well aren't you sweet.

Yes, very much so.

Assassin_M
09-15-2012, 10:35 AM
I like to thank the Devs... not the Corporate Identity of Ubisoft, so I`ll just assume this is a Thank you to the Devs and Mods here..

anik_lc
09-15-2012, 11:49 AM
Yes UBISOFT should get a thank for making this great franchise, but not for delaying PC release. :(

obliviondoll
09-15-2012, 11:52 AM
I would love to thank Ubisoft.

But then I'd be thanking Ubisoft Support, and I'm pretty sure UNTRAINED chimps would do a better job than some of the staff there.

Honestly, Ubisoft Support is the primary reason why I don't own Assassin's Creed: Revelations, From Dust, and the Prince of Persia HD collection, as well as several other games from Ubisoft which I simply refuse to support because of how badly they've botched their handling of problems.

It's been bad enough that I've made a formal complaint (which I had to pay more than a reasonable amount of money to send via post because they apparently don't have an email address for complaints), and after that received a complete lack of attention, have tried asking for a way to make another complaint WITHOUT having to spend money on doing so (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/692532-Formal-complaints-about-Ubisoft-Support). I also wrote a guide to getting better responses from Ubisoft Support (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/449985-The-unofficial-guide-to-reporting-issues-to-Ubisoft-(from-someone-with-experience)). Which also hasn't helped as much as I'd like, and in spite of being able to prove myself right, Support staff have shown up there telling me I was wrong.

It's not a good sign when I can honestly say I've had more helpful responses from EA Support than Ubisoft Support.

andreja110s
09-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Yes UBISOFT should get a thank for making this great franchise, but not for delaying PC release. :(

This

pacmanate
09-15-2012, 01:02 PM
It's not a good sign when I can honestly say I've had more helpful responses from EA Support than Ubisoft Support.

My god!

Also I would like to say thanks to the team working on the game! It really looks ahead of its time in terms of scale and graphics. *bows*

freddie_1897
09-15-2012, 01:20 PM
i'll thank them when its out. and all fear of it being a first person shooter is thrown out the window

Kit572
09-15-2012, 01:37 PM
i'll thank them when its out. and all fear of it being a first person shooter is thrown out the window

What makes you think AC3 is going to be an FPS? xD

Felix-Vivo
09-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Thank you, everyone involved in this franchise! It sounds silly, but it really did change my life in some ways.

Kit572
09-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Thank you, everyone involved in this franchise! It sounds silly, but it really did change my life in some ways.
how?

MT4K
09-15-2012, 02:16 PM
how?

She became an Assassin....

brefcourte
09-15-2012, 02:22 PM
just send them some money, they will appreciate!

Kit572
09-15-2012, 02:27 PM
She became an Assassin....

Oh. An Assassin's Creed assassin or sort of like a modern day assassin that snipes people and all that stuff.

MT4K
09-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Oh. An Assassin's Creed assassin or sort of like a modern day assassin that snipes people and all that stuff.

To reveal such things would mean she would have to silence you :p.

Kit572
09-15-2012, 02:44 PM
Yeah good point. Meanwhile, remind me not to anger her... xD

Felix-Vivo
09-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Yeah good point. Meanwhile, remind me not to anger her... xD

Be very careful.
XD

how?

To cut a long story short, my brother was staying over for Christmas, and bought himself a PS3, and with that came Revelations. I had never even played a PS3 before, cause I still loved my PS2 just fine. And partly, because I knew if I ever did play one, I would want one, and I couldn't afford one and I'd get addicted and fail all my A Levels. And yeah, I started playing on it one day when he was out and I was kinda overwhelmed by how much more awesome games were one generation of consoles on. And yeah, I did want one. My 18th birthday was coming up, so I asked for one knowing they couldn't say no [eighteen's the big one and all].

In the meantime though there was still a couple of months in between my brother taking his Playstation back to his home after Christmas, and me getting mine at the end of February for my birthday. So I ended up watching a playthrough of Assassin's Creed II on Youtube and reading up a lot on the universe and the previous games and feeding my obsession until [YAY] I got my own PS3.

Now, onto the ways this changed things in my life:

- I was lacking a lot of inspiration in my A-Levels, particularity art and music, even being threatened to get kicked out by my head of sixth form. Playing AC2 got me interested in Leonardo Da Vinci, and from that, I got my mojo back in art - doing loads of investigative drawings and stuff in his style and eventually building a massive pair of mechanical metal wings for my final exam piece, crediting Da Vinci as my inspiration all the way through. I got full marks for this bit. And the art coursework, which is a separate section, was heavily inspired by both the Eagle Vision concept and Subject 16's story (not that I told my teacher what my real influences where, because I doubt the examiners would think getting inspiration from a violent video-game series is very 'credible'). Full marks for that too.

- Also, the composition section in Music A Level was my weakest last year. This year, I found loads of inspiration from Lorne Balfe and Jesper Kyd's music, as well as songs from the game trailers, and got an A on it.

- The games were a great de-stresser before exams. I was one of the only people in my year not having a breakdown.

- Finally, I made friends with a whole bunch of people I had never really spoken to before, because I was sitting in the Sixth Form common room reading the Xbox magazine with Connor on the cover, and they approached me about it. I doubt I would have made friends with them otherwise.

I hope you all enjoyed my essay. It really has helped me a lot.

Kit572
09-15-2012, 04:40 PM
Be very careful.
XD

To cut a long story short, my brother was staying over for Christmas, and bought himself a PS3, and with that came Revelations. I had never even played a PS3 before, cause I still loved my PS2 just fine. And partly, because I knew if I ever did play one, I would want one, and I couldn't afford one and I'd get addicted and fail all my A Levels. And yeah, I started playing on it one day when he was out and I was kinda overwhelmed by how much more awesome games were one generation of consoles on. And yeah, I did want one. My 18th birthday was coming up, so I asked for one knowing they couldn't say no [eighteen's the big one and all].

In the meantime though there was still a couple of months in between my brother taking his Playstation back to his home after Christmas, and me getting mine at the end of February for my birthday. So I ended up watching a playthrough of Assassin's Creed II on Youtube and reading up a lot on the universe and the previous games and feeding my obsession until [YAY] I got my own PS3.

Now, onto the ways this changed things in my life:

- I was lacking a lot of inspiration in my A-Levels, particularity art and music, even being threatened to get kicked out by my head of sixth form. Playing AC2 got me interested in Leonardo Da Vinci, and from that, I got my mojo back in art - doing loads of investigative drawings and stuff in his style and eventually building a massive pair of mechanical metal wings for my final exam piece, crediting Da Vinci as my inspiration all the way through. I got full marks for this bit. And the art coursework, which is a separate section, was heavily inspired by both the Eagle Vision concept and Subject 16's story (not that I told my teacher what my real influences where, because I doubt the examiners would think getting inspiration from a violent video-game series is very 'credible'). Full marks for that too.

- Also, the composition section in Music A Level was my weakest last year. This year, I found loads of inspiration from Lorne Balfe and Jesper Kyd's music, as well as songs from the game trailers, and got an A on it.

- The games were a great de-stresser before exams. I was one of the only people in my year not having a breakdown.

- Finally, I made friends with a whole bunch of people I had never really spoken to before, because I was sitting in the Sixth Form common room reading the Xbox magazine with Connor on the cover, and they approached me about it. I doubt I would have made friends with them otherwise.

I hope you all enjoyed my essay. It really has helped me a lot.

Nice story, I remember I chose "History" as my elective subject in school because I knew I would know all the answers to the questions on renaissence, and crusades.

I was right. XD. Got full marks and everything on renaissance topics.

De Filosoof
09-16-2012, 12:31 AM
Yeah the AC team is awesome!

I think they are the most creative and open-minded people in the gaming industry.
I always get such an amazing feeling when i'm playing an AC game, thanks for that. :)

TheHumanTowel
09-16-2012, 12:38 AM
Thanks for creating one of the most unique and interesting game franchise I've ever played. It really is a great series. Don't stop making AC for a long long time.

Escappa
09-16-2012, 12:42 AM
And the art coursework, which is a separate section, was heavily inspired by both the Eagle Vision concept and Subject 16's story (not that I told my teacher what my real influences where, because I doubt the examiners would think getting inspiration from a violent video-game series is very 'credible'). Full marks for that too.

I would like to see some pictures of that. Sounds very cool. There's no chance you could upload them to the forum?

Soulid_Snake
09-16-2012, 02:13 AM
AC is a awesome franchise and I will thank Ubisoft when hell freezes over.

obliviondoll
09-16-2012, 05:35 AM
I think they are the most creative and open-minded people in the gaming industry.
Obviously missing someone important (http://thatgamecompany.com/). A forgivable mistake for someone on XBox, but they're going multiplatform soon, so hopefully you'll get a taste of their work soon.

And the AC mulitplayer team so far haven't seemed very open to the idea of making a working product, so I'm not entirely sure about that assessment as being accurate even if you don't count TGC. Also, Support (still) hold them back from even resembling competence, let alone reaching greatness.

NOLA_Assassin
09-16-2012, 06:25 AM
I thank with my wallet.

HisSpiritLives
09-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Tnx Ubisoft for hopefully the best game i am going to play,but you could release PC version 31 oct :(

LoyalACFan
09-16-2012, 09:55 AM
I thank with my wallet.

This, lol. But seriously, the devs are doing great work with this series.

BeCk41
09-16-2012, 03:18 PM
AC is a awesome franchise and I will thank Ubisoft when hell freezes over.

aww so you will thank them one day :D

Dralight
09-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Thank you for creating what has become my favourite game franchise ever, keep up the good work on ACIII, can't wait to get my hands on it. Not too long to go now! :D

Felix-Vivo
09-16-2012, 11:12 PM
I would like to see some pictures of that. Sounds very cool. There's no chance you could upload them to the forum?

Thanks. Well, I don't know if this forum would be the right place to put them, but I'm sure I could find a way :) It takes a while to set up. It's cabinet, that looks like an ordinary cabinet under normal light, but there's a switch on the front that changes the lighting from normal light to Ultra Violet - and then you can see that the cabinet is actually covered in writing and drawings in UV ink that doesn't show up normally (the inside of the cabinet resembles the inside of a human body, too, but that's another matter....). I didn't realise it at first but it's almost exactly like the switch from normal sight to Eagle vision, ecspecially in the first game when 16 has drawn all over the walls and floor.

And back on topic, this is the series I know I will always go back to because there's so many stories involved. Bored of the Renaissance? It's fine, because you can go to the Crusades (or very soon, the Revolution). Bored of Ezio? You can play as Altair or Connor! All within the same narrative!

EscoBlades
09-17-2012, 01:31 AM
Can people keep the thread "on topic" please? Have gripes? There are threads for those.

A fan is here trying to express gratitude from their point of view. I imagine it isn't too much to ask for some selflessness and let them and others enjoy the thread without sullying it.