PDA

View Full Version : Ac1 or Ac2?

Sarari
09-15-2012, 08:38 AM
A few weeks ago, I beat AC2. I bought the new xbox so I started all my games over. So of course, I played AC1 & had a blast. It was very fun, and this time I actually got all the achievements. I'm sort of a perfectionist. But anyways, then I moved on to AC2, and half way through the game, I was having so much **** fun. I never actually realized how amazing that game is. It had so many things AC1 was lacking.

It had variety, emotion, & INCREDIBLE music. It was pretty much better than AC1.

But on the other hand, AC1 feels so much more original and classic. I've had so many memories with that game. And the best part about is the music that plays after you assassinate a target. I have to say out of all the AC games so far, AC1 has made me feel the most epic and badass. With the bells ringing and the rooftop running made it all so amazing. It actually felt like you were running for your life. Not to mention the rooftops were much easier to run on.

So what do you guys think? Which AC game is your favorite and why?

Just felt like sharing for those who are wondering :P

MT4K
09-15-2012, 08:57 AM
AC1 for the assassinations and escape afterwards.
AC2 for the story.
ACB for the side content and extra features it added to take the gameplay of ac2 and just refine it even more.

AlexEzio89
09-15-2012, 08:57 AM
I love ac 2 and music ezio family. And now i love the multiplayer is very fun. I miss ezio best character ever

HisSpiritLives
09-15-2012, 09:52 AM
A few weeks ago, I beat AC2. I bought the new xbox so I started all my games over. So of course, I played AC1 & had a blast. It was very fun, and this time I actually got all the achievements. I'm sort of a perfectionist. But anyways, then I moved on to AC2, and half way through the game, I was having so much **** fun. I never actually realized how amazing that game is. It had so many things AC1 was lacking.

It had variety, emotion, & INCREDIBLE music. It was pretty much better than AC1.

But on the other hand, AC1 feels so much more original and classic. I've had so many memories with that game. And the best part about is the music that plays after you assassinate a target. I have to say out of all the AC games so far, AC1 has made me feel the most epic and badass. With the bells ringing and the rooftop running made it all so amazing. It actually felt like you were running for your life. Not to mention the rooftops were much easier to run on.

So what do you guys think? Which AC game is your favorite and why?

Just felt like sharing for those who are wondering :P

I prefer AC2 over AC1,maybe you should create a pool.

Free_Hidings
09-15-2012, 10:37 AM
I love ac 2 and music ezio family. And now i love the multiplayer is very fun. I miss ezio best character ever

You miss him? You do realise there are 3 games with Ezio out, and the latest release is a game starring... Ezio?

Assassin_M
09-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Ac3

AlexEzio89
09-15-2012, 11:10 AM
I know is time for ezio to retreat but is my favorite character but now i.am ready.for conor and ac 3

pacmanate
09-15-2012, 01:03 PM
I liked AC1 for the atmosphere, one we never got in the sequels.
I liked AC2 because of the better combat, graphics, and a longer, full story
I liked AC:B because of the "free flow" combat.
I liked AC:R because... well nothing really.

Slayer_WTF
09-15-2012, 01:11 PM
AC1. It was fascinating and fresh.

AC2 move away from the standard of AC1, becoming similar to GTA, but I liked it anyway!

Kit572
09-15-2012, 01:39 PM
I prefer AC2 over AC1,maybe you should create a pool.

Whats a swimming pool got to do with AC? xD (sarcasm).

Soulid_Snake
09-16-2012, 10:25 PM

Couldn't have put it any better myself! These are the reasons why AC2 is amazing, I like it as much as I like GTAIV! :). With AC1 it was okay, found the framerate dodgey and the game quite repetitive, from what I played of it.

Paulsifer42
09-17-2012, 05:25 AM
It's funny you bring this up, as I just finished 1 and am now playing 2 (trying to beat all four again before ACIII release), and I started thinking about which I really like better.

First, 1 got very repetitive. There were few side quests and those few were almost always the same thing in similar surroundings (no matter what city you were in), and that got old. I like how much more you can do in 2, and how each one is very different.

I also liked running in 1 more, simply because I felt like I had more control. In 2 I tend to fly off buildings when I don't mean to, etc. when I just didn't in 1.

I agree with the OP on the emotions in 2 being better. The protagonist's motive is better, Ezio's family and history is helpful in connecting with him.

One thing that I've missed though, is collecting info and creating an attack plan. That is be far my favorite part in 1. It felt so satisfying to complete a perfect assassination without anyone suspecting anything before your strike. 2 does lack in that way.

Overall though, I'd say 2 is a step up, though I'll always remember cool things in 1.

SOURCEw00t
09-17-2012, 06:00 AM
Look I'm a huge fan of this series, I played since part one first came out, but ac1 sucked big black donkey *****! I feel I should get my money back for ac3 because it sucked so bad. All the others though are awesome!

Assassin_M
09-17-2012, 06:02 AM
Look I'm a huge fan of this series, I played since part one first came out, but ac1 sucked big black donkey *****! I feel I should get my money back for ac3 because it sucked so bad. All the others though are awesome!
Which game did you play first ? if it was AC I, then how in the name of hell did you become a fan in the first pace if you hated it so much ??

LoyalACFan
09-17-2012, 06:28 AM
I MUCH preferred AC2 to AC1, but the thing AC1 really got right was the character development of the targets. None of the subsequent games really nailed that. Sure, the way the information was given to you was very repetitive (pickpocket, eavesdrop, etc.) but it really felt like you knew the character before you went after them. In AC2, the targets all kind of blurred together. It was more about Ezio's development than theirs. All of them were basically just greedy bastards who wanted power. Then in ACB and ACR, half the targets weren't even introduced until the mission where you killed them.

Paulsifer42
09-17-2012, 07:01 AM
I MUCH preferred AC2 to AC1, but the thing AC1 really got right was the character development of the targets. None of the subsequent games really nailed that. Sure, the way the information was given to you was very repetitive (pickpocket, eavesdrop, etc.) but it really felt like you knew the character before you went after them. In AC2, the targets all kind of blurred together. It was more about Ezio's development than theirs. All of them were basically just greedy bastards who wanted power. Then in ACB and ACR, half the targets weren't even introduced until the mission where you killed them.

Agreed.

SixKeys
09-17-2012, 09:54 AM
They may have been repetitive, but I miss the eavesdropping missions from AC1. Maybe not as a main objective, but it would be nice if sometimes you overheard some NPCs spreading rumors about your target, giving you hints on how best to approach them. E.g. two guys talking to each other: "I hear General So-And-So is very paranoid, he's had his fortress fortified recently and doubled the number of guard patrols". These events should be rare enough that you don't hear the same dialogues everywhere, it would make you really feel like an assassin who stumbled upon an important piece of information on his own.

HisSpiritLives
09-17-2012, 11:24 AM
You miss him? You do realise there are 3 games with Ezio out, and the latest release is a game starring... Ezio?

I miss Ezio and I like Connor and new story but still i would like more of Ezio.