PDA

View Full Version : You can pet dogs...but can you greet people?

E-Zekiel
09-15-2012, 01:24 AM
Topic says it all. Just curious. I noticed you can do a lot more "ambient" stuff that's immersive in AC3 versus past stuff, a lot of which is all new blend stuff, but I wonder...can you greet people?

Was a "little" thing from RDR that I like *a lot*. Being able to greet people casually in passing. Being that we can, in fact, pet animals...Makes me wonder. Anyone know?

itsamea-mario
09-15-2012, 01:26 AM
Hmm, would certainly add a little depth.

Slayer_WTF
09-15-2012, 01:27 AM
Connor does not seem like a friendly guy.

E-Zekiel
09-15-2012, 01:29 AM
I think he is more complex than that. I think he has the potential to be both friendly and menacing.

Legendz54
09-15-2012, 01:30 AM
NPC'S will greet you, as quoted in a written account of a demo, a man walks by connor tips his hat and bids him good day. Kids steal apples dropped by a lady, as for replying to them i am not sure.

Slayer_WTF
09-15-2012, 01:33 AM
Kids steal apples dropped by a lady, as for replying to them i am not sure.

Connor will teach them good manners with his fists in the face?

http://www.meme-italia.it/wiki/images/9/9f/Xaty.jpg

Legendz54
09-15-2012, 01:36 AM
Connor will teach them good manners with his fists in the face?

http://www.meme-italia.it/wiki/images/9/9f/Xaty.jpg

that would make a great mission

SixKeys
09-15-2012, 01:53 AM
Doesn't the idea of people remembering your name and face kind of negate the idea of being a faceless assassin? I can just picture Connor trying to blend in while a bunch of soldiers chases after him: "Why hello there, Mr. Kenway! Hey fellas, look who it is!! It's that native fella, Connor, come to join us! It's Connor, everybody! Hey, why are you running off again?"

kriegerdesgottes
09-15-2012, 02:01 AM
I really like that in RDR and I hope they put that in. It's not a big deal but I wish AC would add something like that.

goldiron
09-15-2012, 02:11 AM
if its shoulder bumping

Ork3n
09-15-2012, 02:15 AM
Doesn't the idea of people remembering your name and face kind of negate the idea of being a faceless assassin? I can just picture Connor trying to blend in while a bunch of soldiers chases after him: "Why hello there, Mr. Kenway! Hey fellas, look who it is!! It's that native fella, Connor, come to join us! It's Connor, everybody! Hey, why are you running off again?"

xDDD LooooooL.... it would be more like Helo mr.Ken.... *connor running again* xDDD

LoyalACFan
09-15-2012, 03:14 AM
I actually wouldn't be too keen on this. I don't think Connor is going to be as well-received as John Marston was in towns. You have to remember, the Revolution takes place after decades of colonial/native conflict, and there was a lot of racism going around.

NOLA_Assassin
09-15-2012, 03:20 AM
I actually wouldn't be too keen on this. I don't think Connor is going to be as well-received as John Marston was in towns. You have to remember, the Revolution takes place after decades of colonial/native conflict, and there was a lot of racism going around.

This. I think maybe they'll give you mean looks and whisper racial things to their friends, and the Natives might do the same since he is half European.

SixKeys
09-15-2012, 03:22 AM
It would be cool if there was maybe a mixture. For example, some shopkeepers would be friendly towards Connor and others would just bark at him "you gonna buy something? No? Then get outta my sight!".

E-Zekiel
09-15-2012, 03:38 AM
You don't have to say your name to say hello. Ignoring someone when they greet you draws more suspicion that responding.

kriegerdesgottes
09-15-2012, 03:40 AM
You don't have to say your name to say hello. Ignoring someone when they greet you draws more suspicion that responding.

I was thinking this too. No one has to necessarily know who are you. I would just like to be able to say random greetings like hello, how are you, like in RDR. And the townspeople do the same.

LoyalACFan
09-15-2012, 03:41 AM
It would be cool if there was maybe a mixture. For example, some shopkeepers would be friendly towards Connor and others would just bark at him "you gonna buy something? No? Then get outta my sight!".

Yeah, lol, just like the blacksmiths who were always such ******bags to Ezio.

Ork3n
09-15-2012, 03:58 AM
Yeah, lol, just like the blacksmiths who were always such ******bags to Ezio.

Do you mean Fabro Shopskeepers? xDDD

HisSpiritLives
09-15-2012, 09:58 AM

And then you kill them. :)

pacmanate
09-15-2012, 01:04 PM
He might great kids.. instead of Square to attack it would be square to greet children.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-15-2012, 01:08 PM
It would be weird if people greeted him. This is not how the majority of colonists were towards Natives, racism was widely accepted back then

Kit572
09-15-2012, 01:31 PM
It would be weird if people greeted him. This is not how the majority of colonists were towards Natives, racism was widely accepted back then

This.

Not much more I could say really.

De Filosoof
09-15-2012, 01:34 PM

This.

I can remember a trailer where he said he was the outsider and people staring at him.
I like that idea much more.

NinjaOnFire
09-15-2012, 01:37 PM
If by greet you mean murder and by people you mean meatbags then yes.

Umbra_Blade
09-15-2012, 02:07 PM
I think if they were to have a talking feature, it should be tied in with your actions in the city, kinda like the vigilante system.
When you go into a city for the first time, nearly everyone dislikes you, you're new and you're a native, that wasn't a good mix in those times. But as you help the civilians with their side missions, like that one with the stocks in the e3 demo, the word spreads that you are a man 'for the people' so to speak (i know he really isn't, but that is how he would be seen if he helps people out all the time). People in that district of the city become more friendly to you (for instance; tip their hat, say "good day" to you), and once you have done all civilian missions in a district, there could be more blending spots, or vigilante groups to help you out in a fight, so the civilians start to help you out in return.

I know that won't be a feature in the game, but it would be good at adding depth to the game, and actually gives you a good return for doing those kind of side missions.

De Filosoof
09-15-2012, 02:11 PM
I think if they were to have a talking feature, it should be tied in with your actions in the city, kinda like the vigilante system.When you go into a city for the first time, nearly everyone dislikes you, you're new and you're a native, that wasn't a good mix in those times. But as you help the civilians with their side missions, like that one with the stocks in the e3 demo, the word spreads that you are a man 'for the people' so to speak (i know he really isn't, but that is how he would be seen if he helps people out all the time). People in that district of the city become more friendly to you (for instance; tip their hat, say "good day" to you), and once you have done all civilian missions in a district, there could be more blending spots, or vigilante groups to help you out in a fight, so the civilians start to help you out in return.I know that won't be a feature in the game, but it would be good at adding depth to the game, and actually gives you a good return for doing those kind of side missions.Yeah, i really like that idea :). And btw, he actually is "a man of the people". He fights tyranny and injustice for all of humanity so....

Kit572
09-15-2012, 02:12 PM
I think if they were to have a talking feature, it should be tied in with your actions in the city, kinda like the vigilante system.
When you go into a city for the first time, nearly everyone dislikes you, you're new and you're a native, that wasn't a good mix in those times. But as you help the civilians with their side missions, like that one with the stocks in the e3 demo, the word spreads that you are a man 'for the people' so to speak (i know he really isn't, but that is how he would be seen if he helps people out all the time). People in that district of the city become more friendly to you (for instance; tip their hat, say "good day" to you), and once you have done all civilian missions in a district, there could be more blending spots, or vigilante groups to help you out in a fight, so the civilians start to help you out in return.

I know that won't be a feature in the game, but it would be good at adding depth to the game, and actually gives you a good return for doing those kind of side missions.

Good Idea!

Sorry for going off-topic here but... are you a morrowind/oblivion/skyrim fan? Your name makes me think so... Sorry for going off-topic, just curious...

Umbra_Blade
09-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Yeah, i really like that idea :). And btw, he actually is "a man of the people". He fights tyranny and injustice for all of humanity so....

Yeah I know he fights for humanity, I meant that he wasn't a man that fights for the 'American' people, his main goal in the revolution (along side his assassin motives) are getting his own people (natives) a place in this new world, he is kind of detached from the colonists. that was what i meant. :)

Good Idea!

Sorry for going off-topic here but... are you a morrowind/oblivion/skyrim fan? Your name makes me think so... Sorry for going off-topic, just curious...

Thanks, and yes I like to play me a bit of Skyrim :p, but that wasn't how I came up with the name, I was thinking along the hidden blade line. plus I like using Latin in usernames. :p

Kit572
09-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Yeah I know he fights for humanity, I meant that he wasn't a man that fights for the 'American' people, his main goal in the revolution (along side his assassin motives) are getting his own people (natives) a place in this new world, he is kind of detached from the colonists. that was what i meant. :)

Thanks, and yes I like to play me a bit of Skyrim :p, but that wasn't how I came up with the name, I was thinking along the hidden blade line. plus I like using Latin in usernames. :p

Okay, its just that "Umbra" is a sword in oblivion and morrowind. When I read your name I thought it was called "umbra blade" not "umbra". Guess I am getting tired...

dewgel
09-15-2012, 05:54 PM

This also brings up the point of the blending system. Yes, it's cool that Connor hides his face from people now but seriously, isn't his notable outfit and weapons on display a good hint that he's wanted? lol

E-Zekiel
09-15-2012, 10:41 PM
I don't think the outfit is super-noticeable - it looks like a colonial outfit, it's just white instead of blue or brown.

Anyway, from the gameplay footage I've seen, nobody really seems to notice his heritage while his hood is up. He's just another dude. Not to mention...Look at his father. Then look at him.

Despite one being British and the other being half British, half Mohawk, they look EXTREMELY SIMILAR. Generally you have to be VERY distinctly different for someone to jump on the racism bandwagon, even in harsh times. Most people are non-confrontational unless they're sure they have majority support. If there's some shadow of a doubt cast on the fact saying that...Hmm...Maybe he's not Amerindian... More likely to just be like "...Hi?"

BBALive
09-15-2012, 10:52 PM
I don't think the outfit is super-noticeable - it looks like a colonial outfit, it's just white instead of blue or brown.

Anyway, from the gameplay footage I've seen, nobody really seems to notice his heritage while his hood is up. He's just another dude. Not to mention...Look at his father. Then look at him.

Despite one being British and the other being half British, half Mohawk, they look EXTREMELY SIMILAR. Generally you have to be VERY distinctly different for someone to jump on the racism bandwagon, even in harsh times. Most people are non-confrontational unless they're sure they have majority support. If there's some shadow of a doubt cast on the fact saying that...Hmm...Maybe he's not Amerindian... More likely to just be like "...Hi?"

We haven't seen his father yet.

lonewarrior30
09-15-2012, 11:10 PM
sure why not :p

pacmanate
09-15-2012, 11:13 PM
I would love to pat people and play with children.

Locopells
09-15-2012, 11:59 PM

E-Zekiel
09-16-2012, 12:14 AM
We haven't seen his father yet.
Yes we have. let me look in that video for where he is. But the GI article shows you his father, and I was able to pick him out of the game thanks to the pic in the article.

-Edit - You will have to look up the pic yourself. Just google Assassin's Creed 3 GI scans. It's the picture where Connor is being held up to a tree by the neck.

Maybe it's not his father, but if you've seen Connor with his hood off...Shave off that guy's mutton chops and I swear they could be related.

InfamousQ1987
09-16-2012, 08:29 AM
dont know why not what u dont have a dog and u need one u gets some down at the pound place they cheaper then that guy over there on Appleton street fer his dogs if u dont want to own one just go there to that dog park and pet one some let u I play ball with some dogs me and Bigfoot met there

OMG MY BRAIN IS MELLLLLTING:mad:

HisSpiritLives
09-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Yes we have. let me look in that video for where he is. But the GI article shows you his father, and I was able to pick him out of the game thanks to the pic in the article.

-Edit - You will have to look up the pic yourself. Just google Assassin's Creed 3 GI scans. It's the picture where Connor is being held up to a tree by the neck.

Maybe it's not his father, but if you've seen Connor with his hood off...Shave off that guy's mutton chops and I swear they could be related.

That is just our theory....for now.

BeCk41
09-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Pet people and greet dogs? Sounds good to me. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy/awesome.gif

BBALive
09-16-2012, 03:50 PM

I've seen the image. The man holding Connor by the neck was Charles Lee. The unedited 'Connor's Weapons' trailer showed his birthdate to be 1755 (whether or not this was a mistake is yet to be confirmed), which lead many of us (including me) to believe that Charles Lee is Connor's father. However, it's just a theory.

Recent information suggests that Charles Lee probably isn't Connor's father, and that a man named Haytham Kenway is.

pacmanate
09-16-2012, 07:03 PM
Charles Lee is Definitely Connors Father!

kriegerdesgottes
09-16-2012, 07:13 PM

I am 90% sure he isn't.

pacmanate
09-16-2012, 07:14 PM
I am 90% sure he isn't.

I bet you 100 pretzels

kriegerdesgottes
09-16-2012, 07:14 PM
I bet you 100 pretzels

haha you're on.

POP1Fan
09-16-2012, 08:19 PM
I hope we are not. I hate people. And I don't want to greet people if they don't let me kill their children.

playassassins1
09-16-2012, 09:02 PM

Not this again....lol

pacmanate
09-16-2012, 09:37 PM
I hope we are not. I hate people. And I don't want to greet people if they don't let me kill their children.

This made me laugh :P

E-Zekiel
09-17-2012, 09:14 PM
I've seen the image. The man holding Connor by the neck was Charles Lee. The unedited 'Connor's Weapons' trailer showed his birthdate to be 1755 (whether or not this was a mistake is yet to be confirmed), which lead many of us (including me) to believe that Charles Lee is Connor's father. However, it's just a theory.

Recent information suggests that Charles Lee probably isn't Connor's father, and that a man named Haytham Kenway is.
Oh, ok. I'm a little behind the times I suppose. I haven't frequented the forums regularly for a long time, just here once in awhile, though with the release looming I'm trying to get back in the habit.

With that said - I think my point still stands. Charles Lee and Connor look A LOT ALIKE. Shave off his mutton chops and holy crap.

Which, to me, says that honestly Connor would blend just fine, at least enough for people not to be like OMG! And start spewing spear-related slurs.

BATISTABUS
09-18-2012, 07:03 AM
You can greet people in RDR?! How???

Assassin_M
09-18-2012, 07:10 AM
You can greet people in RDR?! How???
Press circle or the red button :P when near a Person..

HisSpiritLives
09-18-2012, 11:28 AM

You are sick :D