PDA

View Full Version : ESRB rating summary for AC3

lonewarrior30
09-14-2012, 02:30 PM
I dont know why but I found it quite amusing..oh well :p here it is

''Rating summary: This is an action-adventure game in which players assume the role of Desmond, an assassin who must revisit the lives of his ancestors during the American Revolutionary War. Most missions require players to find, stalk, and kill enemies with a variety of weapons (e.g., muskets, handguns, bayonets, tomahawks). Players can also engage in swordfights with armed soldiers, resulting in depictions of impaled characters and occasional slow-motion effects; large blood splashes appear when enemies are injured. Cinematic cutscenes depict additional blood splatter on characters' bodies and/or clothing, along with more intense acts of violence: an unarmed prisoner getting his throat slit; a man getting shot in the head at close range; a man getting bludgeoned in the head with a cleaver. The dialogue contains a variety of sexual material/innuendo: “King Louis filled the place with *****s to keep his men from turning tail,” “[H]ere you are banging my sister behind my back,” “Don't flog the bishop again, lads,” “[T]hey spend 20 minutes simulating . . . sex and walk off with millions.” The game also contains the words “f**k” and “sh*t.” (spoken in both English and French).''

POP1Fan
09-14-2012, 02:42 PM
i dont know why but i found it quite amusing..oh well :p here it is

''rating summary: this is an action-adventure game in which players assume the role of desmond, an assassin who must revisit the lives of his ancestors during the american revolutionary war. Most missions require players to find, stalk, and kill enemies with a variety of weapons (e.g., muskets, handguns, bayonets, tomahawks). Players can also engage in swordfights with armed soldiers, resulting in depictions of impaled characters and occasional slow-motion effects; large blood splashes appear when enemies are injured. Cinematic cutscenes depict additional blood splatter on characters' bodies and/or clothing, along with more intense acts of violence: an unarmed prisoner getting his throat slit; a man getting shot in the head at close range; a man getting bludgeoned in the head with a cleaver. the dialogue contains a variety of sexual material/innuendo: “king louis filled the place with *****s to keep his men from turning tail,” “[h]ere you are banging my sister behind my back,” “don't flog the bishop again, lads,” “[t]hey spend 20 minutes simulating . . . Sex and walk off with millions.” the game also contains the words “f**k” and “sh*t.” (spoken in both english and french).''

awesome!

notafanboy
09-14-2012, 02:43 PM
hmmm... interesting...

Slayer_WTF
09-14-2012, 02:48 PM
****? ****? 700s? Da fuq?

TheHumanTowel
09-14-2012, 02:51 PM
I wonder if there's swear words in the Mohawk language.

Lass4r
09-14-2012, 02:59 PM
It's kind of messed up to describe this as "awesome"...

POP1Fan
09-14-2012, 03:16 PM
It's kind of messed up to describe this as "awesome"...

I'm twisted and sick.

LoyalACFan
09-14-2012, 03:56 PM
"****"? "****"? 700s? Da fuq?

I'm assuming you meant 1700s, and you're forgetting that potty-mouthed Desmond.

Also, I would advise not trying to spell out curse words in creative ways. I'm pretty sure anything but four *'s will get you a reprimand or a ban.

eagleforlife1
09-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Off topic but how much longer from now do you reckon the AC3 trophy list wil be revealed?

BBALive
09-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Off topic but how much longer from now do you reckon the AC3 trophy list wil be revealed?

The achievement/trophy list has already been leaked.

FirestarLuva
09-14-2012, 04:27 PM
I dont know why but I found it quite amusing..oh well :p here it is

''Rating summary: This is an action-adventure game in which players assume the role of Desmond, an assassin who must revisit the lives of his ancestors during the American Revolutionary War. Most missions require players to find, stalk, and kill enemies with a variety of weapons (e.g., muskets, handguns, bayonets, tomahawks). Players can also engage in swordfights with armed soldiers, resulting in depictions of impaled characters and occasional slow-motion effects; large blood splashes appear when enemies are injured. Cinematic cutscenes depict additional blood splatter on characters' bodies and/or clothing, along with more intense acts of violence: an unarmed prisoner getting his throat slit; a man getting shot in the head at close range; a man getting bludgeoned in the head with a cleaver. The dialogue contains a variety of sexual material/innuendo: “King Louis filled the place with *****s to keep his men from turning tail,” “[H]ere you are banging my sister behind my back,” “Don't flog the bishop again, lads,” “[T]hey spend 20 minutes simulating . . . sex and walk off with millions.” The game also contains the words “f**k” and “sh*t.” (spoken in both English and French).''

What the f***!?
Is this really legit?

Locopells
09-14-2012, 04:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj2ovFLtxhE&feature=plcp

Yeah, just Google it, they're all over the place.

Slayer_WTF
09-14-2012, 04:50 PM
I'm assuming you meant 1700s, and you're forgetting that potty-mouthed Desmond.

Mh, yeah..

POP1Fan
09-14-2012, 05:00 PM
What the f***!?
Is this really legit?

Duh...

eagleforlife1
09-14-2012, 05:06 PM
The achievement/trophy list has already been leaked.

Really? Oh, I've been in Portugal for a couple of weeks so missed it in that time? I don't suppose you have a link or anything you could PM me do you?

LoyalACFan
09-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Really? Oh, I've been in Portugal for a couple of weeks so missed it in that time? I don't suppose you have a link or anything you could PM me do you?
I'll send it to you.

eagleforlife1
09-14-2012, 05:28 PM
I'll send it to you.

Cheers mate.

Gespenst1246
09-14-2012, 07:15 PM
Quite a bit of those summarys are rather amusing to read lol!

pacmanate
09-14-2012, 07:19 PM
20 minutes of sex!?!?!?!!!

Slayer_WTF
09-14-2012, 07:25 PM
20 minutes of sex!?!?!?!!!

Connor approve.

Gespenst1246
09-14-2012, 07:27 PM
Connors gonna get his freak on!

RzaRecta357
09-14-2012, 07:32 PM
How spoilerific is the trophy list?

itsamea-mario
09-14-2012, 07:33 PM
So a prisoner gets his throat slit? The game has been spoiled for me!!!!

im3jia
09-14-2012, 07:37 PM
“This is an action-adventure game in which players assume the role of Aveline, a female assassin involved with the Louisiana rebellion during the American Revolutionary War. As players complete various missions, they can kill enemies with a variety of weapons (e.g., machetes, blowpipes, whips). Players can also engage in melee-style swordfights with soldiers, resulting in screams of pain and occasional slow-motion effects. Frequent and large blood-splatter effects occur when enemies are stabbed or impaled. During one cutscene, a ship captain flirts with Aveline while suggestively touching his crotch area and thrusting his pelvis (e.g., “But you're all welcome back to my cabin. I've manhood for—”/I don't think—”/“Or we can consort right here!”)

AC3 Liberation's ESRB rating summary

Ielgon
09-14-2012, 09:02 PM
“This is an action-adventure game in which players assume the role of Aveline, a female assassin involved with the Louisiana rebellion during the American Revolutionary War. As players complete various missions, they can kill enemies with a variety of weapons (e.g., machetes, blowpipes, whips). Players can also engage in melee-style swordfights with soldiers, resulting in screams of pain and occasional slow-motion effects. Frequent and large blood-splatter effects occur when enemies are stabbed or impaled. During one cutscene, a ship captain flirts with Aveline while suggestively touching his crotch area and thrusting his pelvis (e.g., “But you're all welcome back to my cabin. I've manhood for—”/I don't think—”/“Or we can consort right here!”)

Ship Captain. Captain of the Aquila. Connor. XD

lonewarrior30
09-14-2012, 09:30 PM
Not much really it only says complete sequence 1 etc although the desmond ones can be considered as spoilers

LoyalACFan
09-14-2012, 10:30 PM

Lol, that captain's gonna get kicked in the balls by Aveline :p But what's the deal with the sentence fragments at the end? Say them out loud to yourself, they don't make sense. Unless I'm just missing something here.

Locopells
09-15-2012, 01:03 AM
Not much really it only says complete sequence 1 etc although the desmond ones can be considered as spoilers

Not really anything that wasn't obvious though...

kudos17
09-15-2012, 01:16 AM

If you're good at putting pieces together, the Desmond section is pretty darned spoiler-ific. It demands a bit of thought, but you'll go, "Oh, I see what's going on..." I'm taking a huge leap, but I'd go so far as to even say I can imagine some aspects of how Desmond's story will end.

It is vague enough that you won't get the whole scenario, though. You won't know for sure. As someone who stays the hell away from spoilers and hates having things ruined, the list wasn't that bad at all, to me. Take that as you will.

CalgaryJay
09-15-2012, 06:16 AM
The game also contains the words “f**k” and “sh*t.” (spoken in both English and French).''

Tabarnak!

Trust me, most of the developers would get it...

RatonhnhakeFan
09-15-2012, 07:54 PM
This is an action-adventure game in which players assume the role of Desmond, an assassin who must revisit the lives of his ancestors during the American Revolutionary WarInteresting. Ancestors in plural (and lives too), no previous ESRB description had plural form.

Also, there won't be any 20 minutes sex scene lol. It was a quoted in-game dialogue, means that some character was describing a situation involving other characters who simulated sex, and somehow it earned them millions. From the description, there won't be any sex-scenes in the game, if there were, ESRB would have described them (as they did with AC2 and ACB)

LoyalACFan
09-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Interesting. Ancestors in plural, no previous ESRB description had plural form.

Interesting indeed... Of course it could be a typo or oversight, but still.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Interesting indeed... Of course it could be a typo or oversight, but still.Definitely could be a typo or an oversight but still, all previous ESRB descriptions mentioned whos memories we were following, even Liberation description does. Yet here we have no specific mention of Ratonhnhaké:ton/Connor and ancestors in plural form. It does a tiny bit evidence to the theory that we're gonna follow Ratonhnhaké:ton's mom or dad at first.

Maybe the modern assassins think they need to follow Haytham at first. Would kinda fit with how there are more memories of his in the Forsaken novel.

EDIT: lives is also in plural, so grammatical error it's not. The question is whether the person who wrote it was confused somehow or...

lonewarrior30
09-15-2012, 08:21 PM
Interesting. Ancestors in plural, no previous ESRB description had plural form.

Also, there won't be any 20 minutes sex scene lol. It was a quoted in-game dialogue, means that some character was describing a situation involving other characters who simulated sex, and somehow it earned them millions. From the description, there won't be any sex-scenes in the game, if there were, ESRB would have described them (as they did with AC2 and ACB)

good call

FirestarLuva
09-15-2012, 10:14 PM
Definitely could be a typo or an oversight but still, all previous ESRB descriptions mentioned whos memories we were following, even Liberation description does. Yet here we have no specific mention of Ratonhnhaké:ton/Connor and ancestors in plural form. It does a tiny bit evidence to the theory that we're gonna follow Ratonhnhaké:ton's mom or dad at first.

Maybe the modern assassins think they need to follow Haytham at first. Would kinda fit with how there are more memories of his in the Forsaken novel.

EDIT: lives is also in plural, so grammatical error it's not. The question is whether the person who wrote it was confused somehow or...

Good thought! Makes the Lee\Connor father\son theory even more legit.
Anyway, has anyone noticed that they showed both Washington, Franklin, Putnam and various other characters in the Inside AC series, but no mention or screen of Lee, or Connor interacting with him, nothing. Very strange. I still hope he is Connor's father. Who knows, he might even turn out to be Haytham Kenway, and took on the name Charles Lee when he went to America. I seriously doubt this would happen...only pure speculation\thought, nothing more. :\

RatonhnhakeFan
09-15-2012, 10:33 PM
Good thought! Makes the Lee\Connor father\son theory even more legit.Or it could be Haytham. To me it's 50/50 at this point, we should ask Ratonhnhaké:ton's mother who's the daddy xD :p

Anyway, has anyone noticed that they showed both Washington, Franklin, Putnam and various other characters in the Inside AC series, but no mention or screen of Lee, or Connor interacting with him, nothing. Very strange. I still hope he is Connor's father. Who knows, he might even turn out to be Haytham Kenway, and took on the name Charles Lee when he went to America. I seriously doubt this would happen...only pure speculation\thought, nothing more. :\They did show Lee multiple times, even interacting with Ratonhnhaké:ton:

http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Assassins-Creed-3-Charles-Lee-Connor-570x316.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/4/43/ACIII-Charles_Lee_V.png http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120412192137/assassinscreed/images/thumb/7/79/CharlesLee-ACIII-Portrait.png/370px-CharlesLee-ACIII-Portrait.png

But they're very tight-lipped about his role in the game, and Matt Turner got very nervous when asked about him in a podcast.