PDA

View Full Version : Weather?

demonfire922010
09-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Does anyone know if the weather and seasons will be scripted or not? Meaning if you play for a while will the seasons change or not and also is there a day/ night cycle?

Legendz54
09-14-2012, 09:10 AM
Weather will be scripted for Main missions like the Battle of bunker hill, but in free roam weather will come and go, you will also have an option to choose if you want winter or summer.

demonfire922010
09-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Thanks man nice to know.

demonfire922010
09-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Kinda a change in subject but do you know if naval battles will be scripted or not since free roaming in the epilogue sequences will be post Revolutionary War so it wouldnt make sense to sink British ships.

Legendz54
09-14-2012, 09:29 AM
As for naval battles, Weather will also change from calm crystal seas to raging tidal wave storms. I am not sure if naval battles will be free roam or just side missions.

NOLA_Assassin
09-14-2012, 10:01 AM
you will also have an option to choose if you want winter or summer.

Only after you complete the game, though.

tangent_boy
09-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Cannot wait to try see the weather system in full action. =D

Locopells
09-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Weather will change randomly, I think, unless it is meant to be raining or something during a particular memory. Seasons will change with the sequences, but you can choose after the game is over.

There doesn't seem to be navel free roam, per se, but lots of side missions you can do, once the ship's been introduced via the main game. Whether you can complete them after the main game is over, is unclear. It would depend on the subject matter OR they might just give the date at the start, so you know when during the main story it is set.

pacmanate
09-14-2012, 12:18 PM
What locopells said.

Rain and Sun will be dynamic and random
Seasons will be sequence scripted
After you complete the game you can choose the season

xXHyperMidgetXx
09-14-2012, 01:36 PM
I assume when they say free-roaming in ships they mean in the main missions you can like sail your ship anywhere and control instead of following a set path, but I don't think you can just sail in the Carribean between missions because there would be like nothing to do :P

Umbra_Blade
09-14-2012, 01:42 PM
where did we find out we could select the seasons at the end of the game? Is it reversible? or is it once you have selected a season that is it?

Legendz54
09-14-2012, 01:45 PM
where did we find out we could select the seasons at the end of the game? Is it reversible? or is it once you have selected a season that is it?

You can let the seasons run from autumn, winter, summer when the game is over or you can just pick a season at any time you want, it is reversible so it doesn't stay stuck on any seasons.

Locopells
09-14-2012, 01:54 PM
I assume when they say free-roaming in ships they mean in the main missions you can like sail your ship anywhere and control instead of following a set path, but I don't think you can just sail in the Carribean between missions because there would be like nothing to do :P

I think so, yes.