PDA

View Full Version : What side is Connor on?

Shad0wGunn3Rx
09-14-2012, 06:00 AM
So I remember Ubisoft constantly emphasizing that Connor was neither on the American's side or the British's because he was with the Assassin's with his own goals and such. But in Assassin's Creed III: Inside Assassin's Creed Episode Two (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOjYYQWzoyk) they mention Connor as being the "hero of the american revolution" (not an exact quote)

I was just wondering if the original Idea of Connor as being an Assassin without an Affiliation has changed as now it appears he is purely with the Americans.

Assassin_M
09-14-2012, 06:03 AM
So I remember Ubisoft constantly emphasizing that Connor was neither on the American's side or the British's because he was with the Assassin's with his own goals and such. But in Assassin's Creed III: Inside Assassin's Creed Episode Two (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOjYYQWzoyk) they mention Connor as being the "hero of the american revolution" (not an exact quote)

I was just wondering if the original Idea of Connor as being an Assassin without an Affiliation has changed as now it appears he is purely with the Americans.
No it hasn't...

He is considered a Hero by the Patriot Commanders, but he has his own independent Agenda..and this subject was brought up too many times that im really tired of explaining it over and over again

Calvarok
09-14-2012, 07:13 AM
"Hero of the American Revoloution" only means that he is the hero in whatever situation in the Revolution which he comes upon. He's the hero, but not the hero FOR anyone. He's a hero for justice. If he said he was the "Hero of the Americans colonists", then that would imply a side taken. But "Hero of the american revloution" refers to being a hero within an event, not that he is the cause of the event turning out as it did. (Though he is obviously deeply linked to that.)

NOLA_Assassin
09-14-2012, 07:15 AM
He believes in the ideals of the Revolution and so he fights the Templars that threaten it, both Patriot and Loyalist.

HIBEE12
09-14-2012, 07:33 AM
No it hasn't...

He is considered a Hero by the Patriot Commanders, but he has his own independent Agenda..and this subject was brought up too many times that im really tired of explaining it over and over again

This. Also in a previous trailer he describes himself as "Truly Free"

LightRey
09-14-2012, 08:12 AM
He's on the side of justice.

ProletariatPleb
09-14-2012, 08:15 AM
He's on his own side.

Legendz54
09-14-2012, 09:32 AM
I can't be bothered to explain all this...

BBALive
09-14-2012, 12:10 PM

The "Connor is the hero of the American Revolution" quote is not accurate. It's actually "Connor is the hero [cut] of the American Revolution". Listen to it again, the cut is extremely obvious.

He's on neither side.

pacmanate
09-14-2012, 12:19 PM
He sides with animals and all things free.

Close thread before this gets stupid!

Locopells
09-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Oh man...

I have to say i did get a bit of a vibe along these lines, but I can't really be asked to pay it any attention. Once the game's out, THEN we'll know exactly what's doing.

LoyalACFan
09-14-2012, 04:03 PM
For God's sake, we saw him kill colonial soldiers! I thought this was behind us now!

Poodle_of_Doom
09-14-2012, 04:14 PM
This. Also in a previous trailer he describes himself as "Truly Free"

Being able to say your "Truly Free" in the context of Assassins Creed is really kind of a powerful thing. I have nothing to add, I was just impressed by that statement.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Being able to say your "Truly Free" in the context of Assassins Creed is really kind of a powerful thing. I have nothing to add, I was just impressed by that statement.
I think 'truly free' is said in context of Native Americans and comes from Jean Jacques Rousseau's views on Native Americans

Locopells
09-14-2012, 04:51 PM
For God's sake, we saw him kill colonial soldiers! I thought this was behind us now!

Exactly.

POP1Fan
09-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Freedom and Justice.

Poodle_of_Doom
09-14-2012, 07:46 PM
I think 'truly free' is said in context of Native Americans and comes from Jean Jacques Rousseau's views on Native Americans

And now I've learned something.

rileypoole1234
09-14-2012, 08:21 PM
He's on the Assassin's side, who are against the Templars. He kills only to get to Templars, be them Patriots or Redcoats.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-14-2012, 08:26 PM
And now I've learned something.
So did I when I was recently browsing Wikipedia on Native Americans ;P (here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_Americans_in_the_United_States#Foundations_ for_freedom ) When I saw that "truly free" mention, I immediately though "ohhh, so that's where Ubisoft probably got it from" xD