PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Continue in Assassin's Creed: Revelations

thebhive
09-14-2012, 03:32 AM
Need some help, please. Playing PC (Steam version) of AC: Revelations. Competed all of Sequence 1, went back to Animus Island, continued, cut scene for Sequence 2 plays, but when it finishes, game freezes at black screen and white rectangle. Game will not advance even after 3-4 minutes of waiting. Forced exit and reloaded, but Ezio is stuck in some sort of Animus loading screen with no options available. Wait there another 3-4 minutes. Nothing.

Replayed entire first sequence on another game slot. Got to same play and game locks up again.

Any advice is appreciated. I've played every single AC game so far, but afraid I won't be able to get any further on this one.

MT4K
09-14-2012, 09:33 AM
SInce it is on Steam. One of the first things you should try is verifying game cache. That can usually solve things if it's just installed badly for some reason or sometimes other problems as well.

thebhive
09-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Thanks! I'll give that a try.

thebhive
09-14-2012, 09:58 PM
2 files could not be verified. Downloaded new ones, and now the game works again. I feel so stupid. I never knew to verify game cache. Never had to before. Thanks again!

MT4K
09-15-2012, 12:24 AM
No problem. It's usually always the first thing i try when a game is being weird on Steam haha. :D. Have fun!