PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, this game is currently unavailable in your region

wupaz
09-14-2012, 01:27 AM
Canada isn't a region supported?

Chompman
09-14-2012, 02:11 AM
For whatever reason they do not allow north america into the game yet.

If you know how to use a proxy you can do that and hope it's fixed soon.

MT...
09-14-2012, 02:17 AM
Considering the game was developed here in Canada, this is just ridiculous. I would like to hear from the community manager on when we will be able to play. Personally I have been waiting for several months, and when I heard that the game would be available for open beta on the 13 I was pumped. But not only can I not log on and play, those who are currently playing will have a huge advantage because they will be able to keep all their cards from the open beta when the game finally goes live.

codyevans420
09-14-2012, 02:26 AM
i know right i cant even download the game for some reason it keeps refreshing the page

sinister32
09-14-2012, 07:45 AM
Considering the game was developed here in Canada, this is just ridiculous. I would like to hear from the community manager on when we will be able to play. Personally I have been waiting for several months, and when I heard that the game would be available for open beta on the 13 I was pumped. But not only can I not log on and play, those who are currently playing will have a huge advantage because they will be able to keep all their cards from the open beta when the game finally goes live.

I completely agree to this. But waht is really annoying is that ubisoft don't give ANY ANSWER or UPDATE what is really going on.

Discomfort2
09-14-2012, 03:33 PM
I cant play because of this
But why?
I run clent at work to check this and it runs fine.
At home i got this error.
This is the same region, so what is going on?
please answer

kimerianking
09-14-2012, 10:41 PM
give us regions there enable open beta

kimerianlord
09-15-2012, 07:23 AM
ubisoft doing the wrong thing, since open beta testing means that anyone from any country can take part in this test, and the message Sorry this gamecurrently unavailable in your region, complete nonsense and epic fail for ubisoft

Discomfort2
09-16-2012, 07:03 PM
any progress?

MT...
09-18-2012, 02:58 AM
The real fail is for Ubisoft or its representatives, including the community developer that stated he/she would respond back with details of the situation, not explaining the lack of support for those in North America.

I have read that the reason behind this is due to a patent infringement, but something tells me that might be a rumor. In either case some type of information would be greatly appreciated and soon.
What is really killing me is the fact that everyone currently playing is able to build super decks. This will leave us at a huge disadvantage coming in.

Please SpaceElephant or Aza404, let us know what the deal is.

Chompman
09-18-2012, 03:22 AM
It does seem odd if the patent is the case as I have seen many other ccg's released for the world without any issues and they are from large and small game companies.

PadawanPete
09-18-2012, 07:24 AM
Someone on this unofficial forum tried this:
http://doc.freeforums.net/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=11

Dunno if you guys want to give it a go - pirate bay thing.

Fyrestorme
09-25-2012, 06:24 AM
wtf Failsoft??? Why do you not support the largest gaming consumer market region in the world??? The freakin United States of America!

"open" beta my ***! open this game to the U.S., Now.

Matrix.disc
09-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Please, go and spill your frustrations somewhere else. If you don't have any useful input to discussion, then remain silent.
We'd appreciate it.

The Community

Edit: I'm sorry that the phrasing of my post has clouded it's meaning. What I meant was:

Please, be so kind to phrase your concern about lack of the game availability in your region in a more civilized way. I understand it's frustrating for you, but raging on public forums is not helping anyone and won't solve the issue.

Matrix.disc aka "not the whole community" :)

Mabufudyne
09-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Is this for real? Region blocked in Canada?

I don't want to pay for a VPN just to try this game =/

Edit: Wow, Matrix. What kind of arrogant reply is that? "The Community"? The community is right here voicing their concern about why we can't play the game without a VPN. You are not the community. If you're not here to help us, then remain silent. -The Community

Matrix.disc
09-25-2012, 09:00 AM
I admit, my reply was not really nice and could sound arrogant. I should have underlined that my concerns are not towards the message in his post, but rather towards the spiteful and raging form of the post. I think it heavily decreases the value of the message, when it's phrased in such... childish way. I see that through arrogant way my former post was written, I have decreased the value of my last post, where I wanted to protest against the way Fyresome is trying to make his voice audible.

Regarding the availability in US and Canada, I am very surprised that the game isn't accessible in your countries and I hope that situation will change soon.

Aza404
09-25-2012, 09:36 AM
The game is not available in the US for legal reasons.
We hope to be able to open it there soon, but for the moment we cannot.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Best,
Aza

naram10
09-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Someone on this unofficial forum tried this:
http://doc.freeforums.net/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=11

This seems to have done the trick, thanks!

Fyrestorme
09-25-2012, 03:47 PM
The game is not available in the US for legal reasons.
We hope to be able to open it there soon, but for the moment we cannot.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Best,
Aza

No, I DON'T understand. "Legal reasons" ?? What kind of copout is that? What is the reason you do not have this available in the U.S. ?? Please tell us!

Chompman
09-25-2012, 06:48 PM
No, I DON'T understand. "Legal reasons" ?? What kind of copout is that? What is the reason you do not have this available in the U.S. ?? Please tell us!

Some people say it's because of some patent MTG has yet it does not seem to stop numerous other ccg's from being released here by smaller or larger game companies so it clearly cannot be that.

r3tsa
09-25-2012, 08:51 PM
You don't know? Apple patented DoC before the creation of the universe !

Sry, I couldn't resist.

Discomfort2
09-25-2012, 09:07 PM
You don't know? Apple patented DoC before the creation of the universe !

Sry, I couldn't resist.

Nice one :D
Probably card size is the same as iphone :P

By the way i'm using this vpn thing
Im from Poland :)
From what I've known Poland is not in North America :)
nevermind
I can play now

Fyrestorme
09-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Edit Aza404: Seriously off-subject here. The only thing you will get if you do not respect the forum rules is a ban.

Please read (and learn) this post: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/715700 (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/715700)
Aza