PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's creed franchise - a gaming history mark?

Escappa
09-13-2012, 11:36 PM
I was thinking. How will the AC-franchise be remembered in the future?

I mean, when it first came out in 2007 it was a thing that never really had been done before. And today the games are bigger then ever.

So my questions is (mostly because I'm cuirous about the answers): How will the franchise be remembered in 20 years and what mark will it leave in gaming history? Will future generations look at it as we look at Mario or do you think it will get forgotten in 5 years?

Slayer_WTF
09-13-2012, 11:41 PM
It depends on Ubisoft. If the saga continues (and surely will) will be remembered for a long .. but negatively.

There are too many prejudices that revolve around this fantastic saga, and people will begin to approach it in Call of Duty, and it disgusts me. People will probably remember it as a saga commercial and composed by securities copying and pasting, but WE FAN, no. Will remember with love, with love .. for all that Ubisoft has given us.

Escappa
09-13-2012, 11:44 PM
I think you may be right, but I don't want you to be right. :p

Slayer_WTF
09-13-2012, 11:50 PM
I think you may be right, but I don't want you to be right. :p

Me too. :p

Ork3n
09-14-2012, 12:43 AM
i'll always remember assassin's creed and god of war franchises. Contraty to most people, i don't give **** about re-doing the same mechanics and using same assets all over again but with brand new story so as long as corey keeps working for ubisoft, i'll always remember assassin's creed a great franchise :D

SixKeys
09-14-2012, 03:18 AM
So my questions is (mostly because I'm cuirous about the answers): How will the franchise be remembered in 20 years and what mark will it leave in gaming history? Will future generations look at it as we look at Mario or do you think it will get forgotten in 5 years?

AC is good, but nowhere near as revolutionary as Mario was at the time of its creation. AC did some remarkable things, mainly the idea of being able to scale any surface. The rest though? All been done in one form or another in other games.

LoyalACFan
09-14-2012, 03:31 AM
Let's not use the Call of Duty metaphor, please... Rather, I hope it turns out something like The Godfather saga. Even though the series may become drawn-out and diluted at the end (which, in today's sequel-driven popular gaming market, seems inevitable) that doesn't change how FRICKIN' AWESOME the originals were. Let's forget The Godfather Part III/any potential bad AC sequels, and let the classic ones we love stand on their own.

NOLA_Assassin
09-14-2012, 05:15 AM
AC 3 will be remembered as raising the bar for sequels AND for it's removal of right angles in navigation.

razaqazy
09-14-2012, 05:31 AM
I will always regard AC as the greatest franchise ever, closely followed by Sleeping Dogs. I mean Story-wise, SD isn't as diverse as AC, but it is still a very memorable story (like AC) with so many twists and turns.

Assassin_M
09-14-2012, 05:36 AM
I will always view Assassins Creed as a stain on Video game History. Since Day one, it was introducing rip off after rip off. Flawed system after another, It doesn't come close to Call of duty. Now that Franchise is the glory of the Video game Industry..

Wait.. This is not the CoD forums ?

Calvarok
09-14-2012, 05:41 AM
I think that no matter how many games are released, or even because of the wealth of Assassin's Creed games, the series will be remembered as being very popular, influential, innovative, and narratively ambitious.