PDA

View Full Version : Ratonhnhaké:ton at different ages

RatonhnhakeFan
09-13-2012, 09:12 PM
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/5701/ratongrows.jpg

I just love that they made so many models for him. Playing young Ezio was great but it was the same model with just different clothes that we've seen for the rest of AC2 and ACB. This time they really went all for it :D The visual transition looks very natural to me :D

notafanboy
09-13-2012, 09:14 PM
i wonder if he will grow a beard like Ezio, come to think of it... can native americans even grow beards ?

LoyalACFan
09-13-2012, 09:20 PM
can native americans grow beards ?

Not much. However, he is half-British. If his dad was from Scotland, he's probably got some epic beard genes :p

But on-topic... the one on the left is just concept art, and he looks kinda young to be playable. It would feel weird running around killing stuff as a kid :/ That model might just be for a cutscene or something.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-13-2012, 09:22 PM
i wonder if he will grom a beard like Ezio, come to think of it... can native americans grow beards ?From what I read, men from some tribes absolutely can, but most would have thin beard at best. But he's part European so maybe he could grow a full big beard. Then again, if the 1755 birth year was correct, he's only gonna be 28 at the end of the game so I don't see a point of givim him beard ;P

Umbra_Blade
09-13-2012, 09:38 PM
I think the one on the far right is when he is slightly new to the order, as he seems to only have one hidden blade, and we know he gets two. And if the whole concept of combat in this game is being ambidextrous, I think we get the double hidden blades early on.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-13-2012, 09:40 PM
I think the one on the far right is when he is slightly new to the order, as he seems to only have one hidden blade, and we know he gets two. And if the whole concept of combat in this game is being ambidextrous, I think we get the double hidden blades early on.
But in the middle one he seems to already have the glow with hidden blade

SixKeys
09-13-2012, 09:55 PM
Not much. However, he is half-British. If his dad was from Scotland, he's probably got some epic beard genes :p

But on-topic... the one on the left is just concept art, and he looks kinda young to be playable. It would feel weird running around killing stuff as a kid :/ That model might just be for a cutscene or something.

I imagine he learns his hunting skills and treerunning as a kid, we might get to play those as a sort of tutorial. He doesn't join the assassins until he's about 18, I think.

rileypoole1234
09-13-2012, 09:56 PM
What is the middle picture from? I don't think I've ever seen it before.

SixKeys
09-13-2012, 10:05 PM
It's been posted in the Screenshots and videos thread. It's Connor running to save a drowning man from a creek.

Ork3n
09-13-2012, 10:07 PM
From what I read, men from some tribes absolutely can, but most would have thin beard at best. But he's part European so maybe he could grow a full big beard. Then again, if the 1755 birth year was correct, he's only gonna be 28 at the end of the game so I don't see a point of givim him beard ;P

wtf? so you can't have a beard by the age of 28? LOOOL

RatonhnhakeFan
09-13-2012, 10:26 PM
wtf? so you can't have a beard by the age of 28? LOOOL
You can but it makes people look older, no need if he's gonna be just 28 :P

I imagine he learns his hunting skills and treerunning as a kid, we might get to play those as a sort of tutorial. He doesn't join the assassins until he's about 18, I think.Yeah, I expect the tutorial to be nicely incorporated as he grows. Starting from movements and basic combat (since he only has a knife at 14), then adding the bow etc

CalgaryJay
09-13-2012, 10:31 PM
From what I read, men from some tribes absolutely can, but most would have thin beard at best.

Ya this is my understanding as well, for the most part they can't grow facial hair. I believe most don't contain the gene that results in hair loss either, which would be a good trade-off..

morpheusPrime08
09-13-2012, 11:01 PM
Ya this is my understanding as well, for the most part they can't grow facial hair. I believe most don't contain the gene that results in hair loss either, which would be a good trade-off..

Wait, this isn't a joke? Some Natives really cant grow beards?

CalgaryJay
09-13-2012, 11:14 PM
Well obviously its hard to characterize an entire continent of people into one group, but for the most part, yes this is true. If I recall my Canadian/American college history classes, Europeans beards were something many tribe members found quite bizarre.

By no means am I claiming to know a lot about the subject, but I live in the western Canadian prairies where there's plenty of reserves around us, and to this day I can't think of seeing a single First Nations member with a) facial hair beyond a bad thin mustache, or b) balding/bald. So its gotta be true to some extent at least.

pacmanate
09-13-2012, 11:16 PM
Judging from those screens, the last two, he wears the same shoes for about 10 years

kudos17
09-13-2012, 11:21 PM
Wait, this isn't a joke? Some Natives really cant grow beards?

Most can't, no. You won't see a pure-Native American growing a beard, especially any kind of thick one. Unless they're half-European or something (which most are by now, sadly), facial hair is a negative.

Like previously mentioned though, I don't believe hair loss for Native American men was a thing either, so they had that going for them. But I'm not sure, so I might be wrong on that.

SleezeRocker
09-13-2012, 11:25 PM
I once had hair as long as in the first picture back in my senior year in high school lol

NinjaOnFire
09-14-2012, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I expect the tutorial to be nicely incorporated as he grows. Starting from movements and basic combat (since he only has a knife at 14), then adding the bow etc

14 and his family only trusts him with a knife! I r disappoint.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-14-2012, 12:07 AM
Judging from those screens, the last two, he wears the same shoes for about 10 years

Still better than Claudia and Ezio's mother wearing the same dresses for 20 years :p