PDA

View Full Version : One thing I worry about in regard to weather and seasons

Ielgon
09-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Hey guys,

I was thinking about the snow and I just realised that the way they've done it must take a lot of power since it's not just a texture.
This worries me because maybe that will mean that the framerate of the game will significantly drop when it's winter and then go up again when it's summer meaning that the summer parts of the game will be a much smoother experience. Also I noticed that in Inside Assassin's creed 3 episode three at one point it was raining quite heavily and the water seemed to be running over the street which can also be a heavy effect to render.

Do any of you think effects like these will cause the framerate to actually noticeably drop causing the game to be smooth as butter when it's summer and sunny but to stutter more during the winter and heavy rain? Or is anvil next so well optimized that there's no difference whatsoever?

Ork3n
09-13-2012, 11:38 AM
I believe the engine is very well optimized. I would worry more about the ammount of discs it may need but you are a ps3 user so you'll have no problems with that.

playassassins1
09-13-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm also worried about this. Since the ps3 always gets worse frame rate.... But, Since they've been working on this for 3 years now. I wouldn't worry too much. They said every version would be on par this time. But I don't know about .frame rate.. let's hope for the best

Legendz54
09-13-2012, 11:58 AM
I wouldn't worry about it, their anvil next engine handles all that.

pacmanate
09-13-2012, 12:02 PM
I wouldn't worry purely because they showed off 3000 NPCS in the Bunker Hill demo on PS3. I am sure PS3 will handle it.

Locopells
09-13-2012, 12:04 PM
On a decent PC/Laptop it should be fine. :-)

But if they've made it to work on consoles, it should also be fine.

pacmanate
09-13-2012, 12:07 PM
On a decent PC/Laptop it should be fine. :-)

But if they've made it to work on consoles, it should also be fine.

I like how you wrote that comment haha

Ielgon
09-13-2012, 01:29 PM
I wouldn't worry purely because they showed off 3000 NPCS in the Bunker Hill demo on PS3. I am sure PS3 will handle it.

You're right man, didn't even think about that. 3000 NPCS is a lot tougher than a snow effect.

You are all right people, I was just worrying about it because I simply can't really see current gen consoles doing things on this scale smoothly. Since they've shown it running in real time to people and I haven't heard anyone say they noticed a framerate drop at any point it should be fine. I'm probably underestimating anvil next. XD

POP1Fan
09-13-2012, 01:35 PM
My PC sucks , so it's going to move like **** anyway.

dxsxhxcx
09-13-2012, 01:39 PM
You're right man, didn't even think about that. 3000 NPCS is a lot tougher than a snow effect.

You are all right people, I was just worrying about it because I simply can't really see current gen consoles doing things on this scale smoothly. Since they've shown it running in real time to people and I haven't heard anyone say they noticed a framerate drop at any point it should be fine. I'm probably underestimating anvil next. XD

never heard of Dead Rising 2?

deskp
09-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Also the majorty of the high deformable snow will be in the frontier where there isn't many npc's or houses to render. if the engine or hardware couldn't handle it, it would have been cut from the game.

I do however assume the framerate won't be any better or more consistent than previous ac games.

HisSpiritLives
09-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Hey guys,

I was thinking about the snow and I just realised that the way they've done it must take a lot of power since it's not just a texture.
This worries me because maybe that will mean that the framerate of the game will significantly drop when it's winter and then go up again when it's summer meaning that the summer parts of the game will be a much smoother experience. Also I noticed that in Inside Assassin's creed 3 episode three at one point it was raining quite heavily and the water seemed to be running over the street which can also be a heavy effect to render.

Do any of you think effects like these will cause the framerate to actually noticeably drop causing the game to be smooth as butter when it's summer and sunny but to stutter more during the winter and heavy rain? Or is anvil next so well optimized that there's no difference whatsoever?

You dont need to worry,yes it is well optimized .And you can see that winter in frontier is well optimized.

GeneralTrumbo
09-13-2012, 01:54 PM
The game is going to be a horrid piece of crap.

notafanboy
09-13-2012, 01:56 PM
The game is going to be a horrid piece of crap.
nice try

Ork3n
09-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Also the majorty of the high deformable snow will be in the frontier where there isn't many npc's or houses to render. if the engine or hardware couldn't handle it, it would have been cut from the game.

I do however assume the framerate won't be any better or more consistent than previous ac games.

I'm happy i just bought a new GPU and it's on pair with anvil next engine for sure :P

HisSpiritLives
09-13-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm happy i just bought a new GPU and it's on pair with anvil next engine for sure :P

I just bought new GPU too, just to play AC on max settings :D

xXRyzonXx
09-13-2012, 02:59 PM
I highly doubt they would release it running terribly, its one of their most anticipated games ever, i would assume that means they want it to be perfect.

Stroonzje
09-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Have you played Sleeping Dogs on PC, its beautifully optimized, the rain looks fantastic and i was get steady 50-60 fps through it... if its anything like that i'm sure there will be no problems with it

xXRyzonXx
09-13-2012, 04:21 PM
Have you played Sleeping Dogs on PC, its beautifully optimized, the rain looks fantastic and i was get steady 50-60 fps through it... if its anything like that i'm sure there will be no problems with it

Im pretty sure he wasn't talking about pc.

Locopells
09-13-2012, 07:21 PM
And there's the problem...

Like I've and others have said, it's bound to be fine unless your hardware's crapping up.

pacmanate
09-13-2012, 11:22 PM

See thats weird cause I kind of feel the same. I feel this game is just ahead of its time in terms of gaming in general and taking all this stuff in is hard to come to terms with. It is great!

Assassin_M
09-13-2012, 11:23 PM
See thats weird cause I kind of feel the same. I feel this game is just ahead of its time in terms of gaming in general and taking all this stuff in is hard to come to terms with. It is great!

Graphics suck eggs, Anvil Next sucks eggs..

Ielgon
09-13-2012, 11:23 PM
It's the same feeling watching the new Metal Gear Solid trailer gave me. All these new engines seem very next gen on current gen hardware, it's unbelievable!

Ork3n
09-14-2012, 12:55 AM
It's the same feeling watching the new Metal Gear Solid trailer gave me. All these new engines seem very next gen on current gen hardware, it's unbelievable!

It's not how powerfull the current gen is. It's how well optimized things are getting. It's pretty much like the "Ulimited Detail" thing, A world with polygons with the same shape would be imposible to play even on a i7 3600k and GTX 690 ._.