PDA

View Full Version : Mediterranean Defense getting difficult

DarkenRevan
09-13-2012, 06:16 AM
I don't know what's happening but I really feel like the Mediterranean defense is getting difficult.
I currently control like 6 cities, all of them having 5 assassin dens that are occupied by level 10 assassins.

I feel like the percentage in certain cities are dropping really fast, such as Alexandria and Bursa. I check the percentage of all the controlled cities. Alexandira and Bursa are 60% or so. The rest are about 80%. 5-10 minutes later I check again and Alexandria and Bursa are all the way down to 7-10%.
Why did it drop so fast? Has this happened to anybody else?
This happened rapidly with other cities as well.

MD makes me mad, I wish you could just take over a city all the way to 100% and forget about it instead of constantly being paranoid.
What happens when you control all the cities? Do the Templar attacks stop and will everything stay at 100%?
It also doesn't make it easy when amateur missions are left that are around 150 xp or lower in my occupied cities.

Anykeyer
09-13-2012, 06:45 AM
This is by design. The longer you hold a city the faster your control drops. Drops occur when you get money/resources, every 20 minutes. Drops will never stop. The only way to lower them is to allow a city to be taken, recapturing it resets drop rate to original value that will grow again over time.
IMO all this stuff is really ******ed. To even get a chance to hold all cities you need to grind hiring around 80 assassins, then you need to send them to 50+ missions every 20 minutes. And even then you will eventually lose something. This game feature was unnecessary and hugely overdone and requres too much of attention. There should have been a way to stop control drops or make them really low, like assassin dens and master assassins mechanic..

DarkenRevan
09-13-2012, 07:14 AM
But if you let a city get taken over by Templars while all 5 Dens are occupied, won't that kill your Den Masters in the city?
Or do you mean, just let the city go under siege and then recapture it?

Anykeyer
09-13-2012, 08:36 AM
I dont remember how its called in-game. City stops generating income and you need to send someone from Istanbul on the only available mission for that city. When they done you will get all garrisoned assassins back, alive. There is only one catch. Control drops and income occur at exactly same time, so you cant lose control and get it back in a window between recieving income. You will lose income for that city for at least 1 interval.