PDA

View Full Version : How AC3 will end

Jack-Reacher
09-13-2012, 02:36 AM
So it turns out the satellite launch isn't even a big deal at the end of AC2. At the end of AC3, we will find out that the solar flare isn't really a big deal compared to what they have in store for us in AC4!TWCB were so busy fighting the human slaves they created that they never actually noticed a grand plot against our universe from another universe. Desmond will die passing on a message from The Universe That Came Before, which foretold the coming of a merge between two M-Branes that will soon collide and send dark energy into a frenzy in our universe, thus accelerating the acceleration of our universe and ripping it apart in seconds. The collision between the two M Branes of our universe and another will happen on 12/12/2012.Desmond will recieve a warning from another universe in time that predicted the collision of the two Branes using advanced mathetmatical theoretical physics. The assassins must find a way to stop this in AC4... USING A GIANT MIRROR

Assassin_M
09-13-2012, 02:46 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/713748-Official-Assassin-s-Creed-Fan-Fiction-Thread

Im so bad...

Jack-Reacher
09-13-2012, 02:53 AM
Thats all very well, but this isn't fan fiction. Its an analogy for how they ruined the story at the end of AC2.

Assassin_M
09-13-2012, 02:56 AM
Analogy ? Based on Opinion ? Which is something arguable ? And may not even be accepted fact ? So its Fan Fiction..

Jack-Reacher
09-13-2012, 03:02 AM
Might as well chuck every topic in the fan fiction topic then.

Assassin_M
09-13-2012, 03:03 AM
Might as well chuck every topic in the fan fiction topic then.
I want a Mod... Get me a Mod..

Am I correct ? Or Am I an idiot ??

Jack-Reacher
09-13-2012, 03:08 AM
Stop torflling the topic.

Assassin_M
09-13-2012, 03:11 AM
Stop torflling the topic.
Mate.. Im doing you a favor... If people see this topic.. You`ll be done... finished... People will use sarcasm... and will make fun of you... it wont be pretty..

So... Shade ? Widow ? Magic Man ?? Does this belong in the Fan Fic ??

Jack-Reacher
09-13-2012, 03:14 AM
Leave your elitist attitude behind when you come into my topic, if this topic needs to be locked then mods will lock it, we dont need you calling to mods inside a topic they woul dhave already read before they read your call... its pretty much spam

Assassin_M
09-13-2012, 03:18 AM
Leave your elitist attitude behind when you come into my topic, if this topic needs to be locked then mods will lock it, we dont need you calling to mods inside a topic they woul dhave already read before they read your call... its pretty much spam
They are people... they have lives..

(Purposely ignoring what you said about my attitude and spamming)

LoyalACFan
09-13-2012, 03:22 AM
He's not being an elitist; he's right. This thread isn't valid speculation based on anything but your own imagination, which makes it fall under the fan fiction category. But given your snarky attitude and the fact that you're whining that the series' plot was "ruined" three years ago, it doesn't sound like you're really even a fan. This thread wasn't constructive, it was just you whining.

I agree with M, a lock is in order.

Calvarok
09-13-2012, 03:22 AM
There ARE other topics discussing this.

And the end of AC2 didn't exactly dwarf the satellite launch, it merely added another objective for Desmond and raised the stakes. Which doesn't seem like ruining to me. The enslavement of all humanity is still a pretty big deal, and it would probably make them helpless to defend against a large-scale catastrophe. The clues for the solar flare were laid down in AC1, with the mayan magery in 16's blood, and the emails about how the weather on earth has been crazy, and natural disasters have been happening more often.

Assassin_M
09-13-2012, 03:23 AM
He's not being an elitist; he's right. This thread isn't valid speculation based on anything but your own imagination, which makes it fall under the fan fiction category. But given your snarky attitude and the fact that you're whining that the series' plot was "ruined" three years ago, it doesn't sound like you're really even a fan. This thread wasn't constructive, it was just you whining.

I agree with M, a lock is in order.

Someone defends me :`)

You are my best friendzzzzzzzzzzz

Jack-Reacher
09-13-2012, 05:33 AM
There ARE other topics discussing this.

And the end of AC2 didn't exactly dwarf the satellite launch, it merely added another objective for Desmond and raised the stakes. Which doesn't seem like ruining to me. The enslavement of all humanity is still a pretty big deal, and it would probably make them helpless to defend against a large-scale catastrophe. The clues for the solar flare were laid down in AC1, with the mayan magery in 16's blood, and the emails about how the weather on earth has been crazy, and natural disasters have been happening more often.

I would say it is dwarfing the satellite launch, they have pretty much ignored it with the last 3 games. The whole tension that was built up at the end of AC1, hte whole humanities impending doom has been dragged on so much that I no longer care about it. I am a fan of the game but that doesnt mean I have to agree with the way they write the plot on every level.

LoyalACFan
09-13-2012, 05:37 AM
I would say it is dwarfing the satellite launch, they have pretty much ignored it with the last 3 games. The whole tension that was built up at the end of AC1, hte whole humanities impending doom has been dragged on so much that I no longer care about it. I am a fan of the game but that doesnt mean I have to agree with the way they write the plot on every level.

The last 3 games = AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations. In AC2, they didn't even KNOW about the solar flare, so obviously everything they were doing (training Desmond, searching through Ezio's memories) was to combat the Templar launch. In Brotherhood, they're still focusing on the satellite. Lucy even mentions that there are 72 days left until it launches. And in Revelations, Desmond had more important things going on with the whole 'coma' thing.

Jack-Reacher
09-13-2012, 05:46 AM
I guess I personally don't like how they shifted the main focus to this bizarre deal with those who came before. I mean how would you feel if my opening post came true, that the solar flare and the launch were still going to happen but we now had bigger problems to worry about? It would be lame. Thats how I feel about how the story is going now, and I wanted to discuss if anyone felt the same way or if others are all good with it. What I dont want is people saying lol mods mods mods., let the mods do their job, if they think it should be put under fan faction fine I will re word the opening post and blatantly spell it out that its an analogy to how I felt about AC2 and isnt real speculation, even though this will destroy the felling im trying to create by making you imagine if it were to happen for real.

Calvarok
09-13-2012, 06:00 AM
Well since Desmond's story is being wrapped up in this game, it would not make sense to introduce a bigger threat, but hints as to future games are fair play.

As to the crazy stuff coming out of nowhere, that's how it's been for every AC game ever. The way the AC story works, there are several layers: the animus layer, the modern Templar vs. Assassin conflict, and the TWCB layer.

It works fine.

If your purpose for this topic is "will they misunderstand how to properly wrap up a trilogy and introduce the bigger threat", then you're incorrect in assuming that.

AC3 is about ending plot threads and clearing up mystery, if there is an AC4 it will not be with the same main character or a part of the same story.

Is the impact of the Templar satellite launch diminished once you know that there are bigger things on the way? Yes. That's not an accident. in AC1 it was hinted constantly that that would not be all that was going on. References to the world ending were made, as I said.

This has been a part of the series from day 1, as with the more futuristic and fantastical elements involving the TWCB.

Jack-Reacher
09-13-2012, 06:25 AM
Hmm, I think I woul be more happy with the whole TWCB thing if they just went straight from AC2 to AC3. For me too much time has passed from AC1 to care about the satellite launch anymore, I feel the whole tension is gone. Guess thats just me though. I guess my main gripe behind all this is the whole ACB ACR thing, they milked the story too much and its lost its tension for me.

pacmanate
09-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Well it won't end with a bang thats for sure.

POP1Fan
09-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Thats all very well, but this isn't fan fiction. Its an analogy for how they ruined the story at the end of AC2.

TWCB are not aliens AND they were there since the very start of the series. Also, yes, this is really an ANALogy, because you are an ***.

Ork3n
09-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Hmm, I think I woul be more happy with the whole TWCB thing if they just went straight from AC2 to AC3. For me too much time has passed from AC1 to care about the satellite launch anymore, I feel the whole tension is gone. Guess thats just me though. I guess my main gripe behind all this is the whole ACB ACR thing, they milked the story too much and its lost its tension for me.

If you can't understand the story because there are 2 threats, then it's your problem, not ubisoft's fault.

pacmanate
09-13-2012, 12:23 PM
If you can't understand the story because there are 2 threats, then it's your problem, not ubisoft's fault.

He never said it was ubisofts fault and he did say "Guess thats just me though".

Stop being hostile towards other members for no reason, and if you are not, learn how to talk properly.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-13-2012, 02:02 PM

The modern day story got stretched as hell. So no, it's not his fault he's already bored with it after 4 games with modern-day story moving this slow

HisSpiritLives
09-13-2012, 02:08 PM
The modern day story got stretched as hell. So no, it's not his fault he's already bored with it after 4 games with modern-day story moving this slow

Well,they couldnt finish modern day story before they finish Altair Ezio and Connor story.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Well,they couldnt finish modern day story before they finish Altair Ezio and Connor story.Of course, but it's not really a secret that ACB and ACR were not planned from the beginning. This was suppoused to be a trilogy

HisSpiritLives
09-13-2012, 02:19 PM
Of course, but it's not really a secret that ACB and ACR were not planned from the beginning. This was suppoused to be a trilogy

I am glad we have brotherhood and revelations because AC2 ending was obviously unfinished.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-13-2012, 02:26 PM
I am glad we have brotherhood and revelations because AC2 ending was obviously unfinished.But if Ezio killed Rodrigo and we had a 5 seconds cutscene of him taking the Apple to lock it for Desmond, we could skip the entire ACB.

HisSpiritLives
09-13-2012, 02:34 PM
But if Ezio killed Rodrigo and we had a 5 seconds cutscene of him taking the Apple to lock it for Desmond, we could skip the entire ACB.

I like every second i played as Ezio, so no thx :p

RatonhnhakeFan
09-13-2012, 02:37 PM
I like every second i played as Ezio, so no thx :p

I love AC gameplay too so I'm not complaining, but stretching the story onto 5 games reaalllllly slowed it down

HisSpiritLives
09-13-2012, 02:39 PM
I love AC gameplay too so I'm not complaining, but stretching the story onto 5 games reaalllllly slowed it down

You got point on that.

Stroonzje
09-13-2012, 03:58 PM
my best guess is that, Yes desmond's story will be wrapped up in AC3 but the TWCB plot will continue too maybe a new character in AC4. I was thinking in AC4 you could be a recruit for the Assassins Order and Desmond would be the leader... and he found this recruit has a high concentration of TWCB DNA. and that somehow unravels the plot for that.

(Sorry English isnt my first language)

dewgel
09-13-2012, 06:37 PM
I think the modern day sequences were moving forward nicely until Revelations. It's a complete write off in terms of modern day story.

Calvarok
09-13-2012, 06:42 PM
To be fair without Brotherhood or Revelations we would have been playing NO AC, and the tension would be reduced anyways. IT deosn't matter how you feel now, if AC3 does its job right it should be able to bring that feeling back.

HisSpiritLives
09-13-2012, 06:56 PM
my best guess is that, Yes desmond's story will be wrapped up in AC3 but the TWCB plot will continue too maybe a new character in AC4. I was thinking in AC4 you could be a recruit for the Assassins Order and Desmond would be the leader... and he found this recruit has a high concentration of TWCB DNA. and that somehow unravels the plot for that.

(Sorry English isnt my first language)

Soory to disapoint you but they said Desmond story will end in AC3 so i dont think we will see him after this game.

Jack-Reacher
09-13-2012, 09:29 PM
I never said I couldnt understand the story, please read my posts properly. Also to the other guy, I never said TWCB were aliens, nor implied it. Anyway good to see im not fully alone on this subject, others seem to feel the modern story is moving way too slowly thanks to ACR and ACB.

REDFOX4554
09-16-2012, 11:29 PM
I would like the end to Desmonds story to be like this.

A Terminator 3-esqe twist where Desmond stops the launch but realises he was never meant to end the war as just one man. Contradicting everything the series has claimed about 1 life/man being just enough.
Perhaps about to die (purely for the sake of a clean end to his story) he realises (breaking the 4th wall) that just 1 man can only accomplish so much whoever he is but the only way the world will ever change for the better is if humanity comes together as one, breaks down ego and boundries etc. That it's not up to him, it's up to us. And the Assassins can merely protect mankinds liberty until one day they will gain the wisdom for themselves to break away from everything that drives them apart.

In 2012 the Templars are bigger, stronger, richer, smarter and more unstoppable than ever, the notion of Desmond achieving what Altiar and Ezio couldn't achieve in a lifetime and in a more opportunistic era would be farfetched to say the least.

LoyalACFan
09-17-2012, 05:12 AM
I would like the end to Desmonds story to be like this.

A Terminator 3-esqe twist where Desmond stops the launch but realises he was never meant to end the war as just one man. Contradicting everything the series has claimed about 1 life/man being just enough.
Perhaps about to die (purely for the sake of a clean end to his story) he realises (breaking the 4th wall) that just 1 man can only accomplish so much whoever he is but the only way the world will ever change for the better is if humanity comes together as one, breaks down ego and boundries etc. That it's not up to him, it's up to us. And the Assassins can merely protect mankinds liberty until one day they will gain the wisdom for themselves to break away from everything that drives them apart.

In 2012 the Templars are bigger, stronger, richer, smarter and more unstoppable than ever, the notion of Desmond achieving what Altiar and Ezio couldn't achieve in a lifetime and in a more opportunistic era would be farfetched to say the least.

What is it that he's going to achieve that Altair and Ezio couldn't? He's not going to totally eradicate the Templars, he's just trying to stop the launch/solar flare. I don't think anyone is implying that he's going to take down the whole Templar Order alone.