PDA

View Full Version : Has Desmond had a shower?

pacmanate
09-12-2012, 10:21 PM
So I was thinking, at Abstergo he never had a shower, in AC2 he never had a shower, in AC:B he was underground and in AC:R was in the animus.

So my question is, do you think Desmond smells? Or do you think that Rebecca and Shaun sponge bathed him in AC:R. Thoughts?

No I am not joking with this thread.

ShaneO7K
09-12-2012, 10:25 PM
They have been secretly giving him a quick scrubbing while he is in the animus.

TheHumanTowel
09-12-2012, 10:31 PM
They have been secretly giving him a quick scrubbing while he is in the animus.
I'm also a fan of the sneaky animus sponge bath interpretation.

LightRey
09-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Pretty sure he had a shower at Abstergo.

ShaneO7K
09-12-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm also a fan of the sneaky animus sponge bath interpretation.

It's a known fact, and also explains why Lucy was so friendly!

@LightRey, I think he means AC2 and after.

LoyalACFan
09-12-2012, 10:43 PM
There were a bunch of rooms in the AC2 hideout that you couldn't go into, one of them might have been a bathroom.

As for Brotherhood, he just swam in the sewer to rinse off.

SaintPerkele
09-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Assassin's Creed I did clearly not show everything that happened in the game. For example, your wardrobe is full of white jumpers which indicates that Desmond changes his clothes, although it is never shown. Desmond's room also features a shower and a toilet, he certainly uses them. Just because not every single minute of Desmond's life is shown, doesn't mean that these events did not take place.

For example, the e-mails in Brotherhood showed us what other stuff was going on - shopping for food, cooking et cetera. Even though Desmond is never shown eating.

pacmanate
09-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Pretty sure he had a shower at Abstergo.

But we always saw him go to bed and wake up...

There were a bunch of rooms in the AC2 hideout that you couldn't go into, one of them might have been a bathroom.

As for Brotherhood, he just swam in the sewer to rinse off.

Oh yeah, that is disgusting! He must have stunk like hell after that sewer thing and he didnt have a shower afterwards!! EW!

ProletariatPleb
09-12-2012, 10:47 PM
We did have a shower in the Abstergo room, didn't we? The one which we use to eavesdrop on Lucy & Vidic's convo.

LightRey
09-12-2012, 10:49 PM
It's a known fact, and also explains why Lucy was so friendly!

@LightRey, I think he means AC2 and after.
He mentioned Abstergo, so...

But we always saw him go to bed and wake up...

Oh yeah, that is disgusting! He must have stunk like hell after that sewer thing and he didnt have a shower afterwards!! EW!
according to that reasoning he also never went to the bathroom.

ShaneO7K
09-12-2012, 10:50 PM
He mentioned Abstergo, so...

Oops, didn't see that :p

On another note, I'll be highly amused if this turns into a multi-page discussion lol.

MT4K
09-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Desmond went for a swim in ACB while getting into the sactuary :p.

LightRey
09-12-2012, 10:51 PM
That didn't exactly make him cleaner though...

itsamea-mario
09-12-2012, 10:52 PM
He probably had one at abstergo. but there's months between AC1 and ACR.
H might have had one in AC2, with those other rooms, though i don't know how long he was there for.
In ACB they were there for about a month i think, and we know there where moments we didn't see, just read the emails, however i don't see a shower in their hideout.

SaintPerkele
09-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Yep. In the sewers. His horrible smell is even mentioned in the game :P

LightRey
09-12-2012, 10:54 PM
He probably had one at abstergo. but there's months between AC1 and ACR.
H might have had one in AC2, with those other rooms, though i don't know how long he was there for.
In ACB they were there for about a month i think, and we know there where moments we didn't see, just read the emails, however i don't see a shower in their hideout.
Tbh, I never saw a toilet either... >_>

itsamea-mario
09-12-2012, 10:54 PM

"It was lucy's idea"

MT4K
09-12-2012, 10:55 PM
That didn't exactly make him cleaner though...

True lol.

Blame Lucy!

Edit:

"It was lucy's idea"

Yeah that :p.

Escappa
09-12-2012, 11:10 PM
There's actually an ''easter egg'' in AC1. The towles in Desmonds bathroom is changing position and disappears in each memory block.

Ork3n
09-13-2012, 12:30 AM
And lucy said that desmond used to roam arround abstergo by night (in the start of ac2 when desmond asks for surveillance).

itsamea-mario
09-13-2012, 12:34 AM
Tbh, I never saw a toilet either... >_>

I was going to say that as well, but since is a question about showering activities, if you want to talk about toilet related issues, then please create a new thread.

And lucy said that desmond used to roam arround abstergo by night (in the start of ac2 when desmond asks for surveillance).

Well, you can roam around the place when everyone leaves. The game kind of expects that you did.

GeneralTrumbo
09-13-2012, 01:36 AM
Desmond's genes from TWCB make him to not be entitled to take a shower, also due in part to the bleeding effect. When he went into the animus as Ezio, and somewhere along the line Ezio took a shower, that means Desmond also took a shower. So Desmond could go for years and years and years before ever having to take a shower, also effecting Desmond's restroom activities.

Calvarok
09-13-2012, 03:55 AM
He was in the sewer system water in Brotherhood, pretty sure he showered. They just don't bother showing you all this stuff.

Assassin_M
09-13-2012, 04:01 AM
He was in the sewer system water in Brotherhood, pretty sure he showered. They just don't bother showing you all this stuff.
"He`s Moving"

*Piano*

"Desmond ? Son ?"
*Desmond looks at his father*

"take a bath, you smell like Cabbage :)"

And they hug

deskp
09-13-2012, 06:19 AM
how many gameplay hours is there, compared how much 'real time' passed... yeah he had plenty of time to shower while we werent watching.

NOLA_Assassin
09-13-2012, 06:35 AM
Forget showering, we've never seen him eat, he should be dead, and quite smelly.

Assassin_M
09-13-2012, 06:36 AM
we've never seen him eat
Yes we did..

HorTyS
09-13-2012, 07:54 AM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b203/hortys/1.png

HAHA! J/K, just seems like a really weird thing to even think about...

pacmanate
09-13-2012, 09:38 AM
At least I got 100G.....

In AC1 I was a bit disappointed that the only clothes Desmond got were hoodies. Not exactly a clean guy.
In AC2 it picks up directly after you see the blood on the walls and when you get to AC2 hideout you never really go out the animus except to jump around a bit and pass out
In AC:B he swam in a sewer type thing and stayed in a chair for a week or two.
In AC:R he was in a Coma.

I have deduced from this that Desmond only changes his hoodie and has one hell of a bladder!

Ork3n
09-13-2012, 11:06 AM
At least I got 100G.....

In AC1 I was a bit disappointed that the only clothes Desmond got were hoodies. Not exactly a clean guy.
In AC2 it picks up directly after you see the blood on the walls and when you get to AC2 hideout you never really go out the animus except to jump around a bit and pass out
In AC:B he swam in a sewer type thing and stayed in a chair for a week or two.
In AC:R he was in a Coma.

I have deduced from this that Desmond only changes his hoodie and has one hell of a bladder!

You're wrong, in Ac1 you changed one pixeled hoodie for another copy of it. Then you run away in a pixeled car and when you have to run away from a pixeled company, you need to take a shower in a pixeled sewer. In the end, your smell will be shown as pixeled green smoke and shaun will replay a sound file that's inside the game files that are nothing more then ones and zeros.

DiamondBlade_R
09-13-2012, 11:18 AM
The better question is... did BATMAN NOT EAT OR REST ALL THROUGHOUT THE ARKHAM GAMES?

No, but seriously, these things are usually not shown in games simply because showing them would have absolutely no contribution to the gameplay, not to mention how they would interfere with the flow of the story. I personally wouldn't have minded a "PRESS X TO EAT ENERGY SNACK" or something along those lines to prompt on screen every few hours in Batman or stuff like that, but it would still look kinda stupid and overall kinda pointless. The same goes for AC.

Ork3n
09-13-2012, 11:27 AM
The better question is... did BATMAN NOT EAT OR REST ALL THROUGHOUT THE ARKHAM GAMES?

No, but seriously, these things are usually not shown in games simply because showing them would have absolutely no contribution to the gameplay, not to mention how they would interfere with the flow of the story. I personally wouldn't have minded a "PRESS X TO EAT ENERGY SNACK" or something along those lines to prompt on screen every few hours in Batman or stuff like that, but it would still look kinda stupid and overall kinda pointless. The same goes for AC.

I don't mind altair and ezio didn't eat or take shower or whatever because they were only specific memories. However, we are supposed to be playing as desmond at every seccond. It just adds another layer of realism :D

POP1Fan
09-13-2012, 12:26 PM

The Arkham games only span for one night. The AC ones can span for months.

Locopells
09-13-2012, 12:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u8zMBmvylk&feature=youtu.be

RatonhnhakeFan
09-13-2012, 03:21 PM
*enters threads*

lol

I'm out!
http://www.abload.de/img/untitled461f46.gif

POP1Fan
09-13-2012, 03:29 PM
*enters threads*

lol

I'm out!
http://www.abload.de/img/untitled461f46.gif
That is... beautiful *sheds tear*

RatonhnhakeFan
09-13-2012, 03:31 PM
That is... beautiful *sheds tear*
there's something hilariously adorable in this animation where he runs on the first branch xD

Locopells
09-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Love how it bends slightly under his weight.

Stroonzje
09-13-2012, 03:40 PM
this is why i love you guys