PDA

View Full Version : When you buy a new ac game

lothario-da-be
09-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Am i the only one whoe has a magic,special,awesom,nervous moment when i get my copy af a new ac game? When i went to gamemania the get my game i got a realy strange feeling, from excitement. And it probably wil be even stronger with ac3.
Does anyone understand this feeling?Or am i an overhyped fan?

pacmanate
09-12-2012, 05:55 PM
Well everytime I get an AC game I make sure I don't screw the box up. Then when I take out the leaflets inside I take ages to make sure they don't bend. I also sniff my disc because I love the smell of new games. I also get nervous too and when I put the game in the tray my heart races a bit and I sit down with my heart jumping.

Assassin_M
09-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Im 19... When I get a New AC game... You can`t tell the difference between me and my 6 year old brother...

lothario-da-be
09-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Well everytime I get an AC game I make sure I don't screw the box up. Then when I take out the leaflets inside I take ages to make sure they don't bend. I also sniff my disc because I love the smell of new games. I also get nervous too and when I put the game in the tray my heart races a bit and I sit down with my heart jumping.
yeaah THAT feeling, but i actually ment when you walk inside the shop. But what you described also counts for me.exept for the disc sniffing;)

ShaneO7K
09-12-2012, 05:59 PM
It's like I have found the Holy Grail whenever I have bought a copy of the new AC.

lothario-da-be
09-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Im 19... When I get a New AC game... You can`t tell the difference between me and my 6 year old brother...
Are you the freaky one or your brother?

Locopells
09-12-2012, 06:03 PM
I geek out A LOT.

Assassin_M
09-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Are you the freaky one or your brother?
Its obviously my Brother and..... he`s a little hyper... We also have a ritual for new games, but a special one for Assassins Creed... Kinda goes like this with the constant repeating of the phrase "No, Im gonna play first"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4WGQmWcrbs&feature=relmfu

SixKeys
09-12-2012, 06:05 PM
yeaah THAT feeling, but i actually ment when you walk inside the shop. But what you described also counts for me.exept for the disc sniffing;)

I've always pre-ordered the AC games online (except for the first one which I picked up at a sale), so I wouldn't know about that feeling when you walk into a shop. I'm just always nervous they'll somehow screw up my order no matter where I'm ordering from, so it's more fear than excitement that gives me the jitters.

Locopells
09-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Its obviously my Brother and..... he`s a little hyper... We also have a ritual for new games, but a special one for Assassins Creed... Kinda goes like this with the constant repeating of the phrase "No, Im gonna play first"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4WGQmWcrbs&feature=relmfu

Back to the Future!

lothario-da-be
09-12-2012, 06:11 PM
I've always pre-ordered the AC games online (except for the first one which I picked up at a sale), so I wouldn't know about that feeling when you walk into a shop. I'm just always nervous they'll somehow screw up my order no matter where I'm ordering from, so it's more fear than excitement that gives me the jitters.
i pre-order in a shop for revelations they send me a message 5 days before release i could get it;)

SixKeys
09-12-2012, 06:14 PM
i pre-order in a shop for revelations they send me a message 5 days before release i could get it;)

Well, with AC3 I'm getting the Digital Deluxe edition, so I doubt there's any chance of me getting the game early. I just hope I'll get the download link on the previous day so I won't have to spend the release day downloading a huge file.

Ork3n
09-12-2012, 06:14 PM
I always feel excited when the game starts and it says the fictional story was made by a multicultural team with different religions and beliefs, and then it say Ubisoft presents a game made by UBISOFT Montreal, and Ubisoft Quebec, and Ubisoft __________, and Ubisoft __________, and Ubisoft __________, and Ubisoft __________, and Ubisoft __________, and Ubisoft __________..... and then i play the game and i feel so excited to know the story that i just keep running from [ ! ] to [ ! ] and when i finally end the game, i start a new session and do all posible side stuff before going to the next mission and when i finish the game i'm only missing colectibles that do not have maps (as i don't use internet for that....).

But in my first playthrough i'm just to excited to even listen to the beautifull soundtrack xDD

Sarari
09-12-2012, 09:41 PM

Lol same!

pacmanate
09-12-2012, 09:57 PM

Oo I never shop in stores for games, way to expensive. I just love ordering online because I know I will most likely get it before the release date. Going to a shop is hassle and my post always comes at 1pm anyway :D. Also remember Ubishop ship early :P. Also I don't really "sniff" the disc haha, I just love the smell of it when you first open the case and the lovely " I AM NEW PLAY ME" smell comes out.

rileypoole1234
09-12-2012, 10:04 PM

Basically the same with me. I also try to keep everything in pristine condition. I accidentally stepped on my ACB case and flipped out on myself.

SleezeRocker
09-12-2012, 10:12 PM
When I get a new game that I care about (Legend of Zelda, Assassin's Creed, resident evil, Metal Gear). I always have insomnia on the week the game comes out.
Also when I get the game, I slowly rip off the plastic, read the front and back covers, and then open the box. then I sniff the 'New game' smell and then pop the disc out and install the game (if it installs but chances are AC3 and R6 would have like 5 min install) and read the manual. Yes people, believe it orn ot I actually read the manual (assuming you can read itsince now it's mostly those eco-friendly manuals where it only talks about copyright and how to properly hold the disc and the in-game manual is in options or go to gametitle.com/manual) to possibly get preivew of new controlls or just some backstory.

Let's see if AC3 can beat my exceitement level from when I first picked up AC2 ;)

Layytez
09-12-2012, 10:13 PM
Well this is my first AC im going to buy but i have played and completed every game in the series.

pacmanate
09-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Basically the same with me. I also try to keep everything in pristine condition. I accidentally stepped on my ACB case and flipped out on myself.

Not gonna lie this made me cringe. How did you feel?

kriegerdesgottes
09-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Well it's been different lately. ACI was the first game I ever pre-ordered, and I got the LE and I did it in a town 20 minutes away and the day it came out I left my job during lunch and floored it to that store to pick it up I was so excited and I loved the game. When ACII came out I did the exact same thing again and was late getting back to work but I was soo excited. When Brotherhood came out I once again bought the CE even though we were getting stiffed again on it and it seemed like it took forever for that one to come out and I was so excited to play the game but it was starting to become old and when Revelations came out I preordered it from a new Gamestop nearby and I went to the midnight release and I looked at it and I just thought...great..another AC game....and I threw it in the seat next to me and drove home. I was excited but part of me just didn't care as much. I think I will be excited for ACIII but for some reason I don't have that extreme excitement anymore that I had for the first two games. I know it will be great and awesome but I think I am suffering a little from franchise fatigue.

iSoTryHard
09-12-2012, 11:11 PM

i lolled so hard!!!!!

also when i get a new ac game and when i preordered ac 3 i......... "***z in my pants"
Hooray for ***zing

Ork3n
09-13-2012, 01:08 AM
Well it's been different lately. ACI was the first game I ever pre-ordered, and I got the LE and I did it in a town 20 minutes away and the day it came out I left my job during lunch and floored it to that store to pick it up I was so excited and I loved the game. When ACII came out I did the exact same thing again and was late getting back to work but I was soo excited. When Brotherhood came out I once again bought the CE even though we were getting stiffed again on it and it seemed like it took forever for that one to come out and I was so excited to play the game but it was starting to become old and when Revelations came out I preordered it from a new Gamestop nearby and I went to the midnight release and I looked at it and I just thought...great..another AC game....and I threw it in the seat next to me and drove home. I was excited but part of me just didn't care as much. I think I will be excited for ACIII but for some reason I don't have that extreme excitement anymore that I had for the first two games. I know it will be great and awesome but I think I am suffering a little from franchise fatigue.

For me the excitment has been the same for all titles. Just like i were excited for the last 2 harry potter movies and stuff like that :D

Also, you should play some multiplayer game so you shill out of the franchises and you get excited when a release is coming near :D

kriegerdesgottes
09-13-2012, 01:13 AM
For me the excitment has been the same for all titles. Just like i were excited for the last 2 harry potter movies and stuff like that :D

Also, you should play some multiplayer game so you shill out of the franchises and you get excited when a release is coming near :D

Nah I can't stand MP. I play it just to get the achievements and there's usually a lot of screaming and cursing and throwing things in the process so once I get my trophies I usually give MP the finger and never touch it again.

Ork3n
09-13-2012, 01:48 AM
Nah I can't stand MP. I play it just to get the achievements and there's usually a lot of screaming and cursing and throwing things in the process so once I get my trophies I usually give MP the finger and never touch it again.

Ok, now i've seen everything... People that find Singleplayer boring and people that find Multiplayer hard (?) (can't find the word for it).
People that want to slaugher chldren in games and people against animal hunting in games.
People that love other sex and people that love same sex.

Oh god! xDD

Locopells
09-13-2012, 02:04 AM
You ain't seen nuthin' yet, boy!

kriegerdesgottes
09-13-2012, 02:05 AM
Ok, now i've seen everything... People that find Singleplayer boring and people that find Multiplayer hard (?) (can't find the word for it).
People that want to slaugher chldren in games and people against animal hunting in games.
People that love other sex and people that love same sex.

Oh god! xDD

i don't think it's hard. It's just annoying and not fun.

Ork3n
09-13-2012, 02:17 AM
i don't think it's hard. It's just annoying and not fun.

I think you never really got to the point to have a team and win a match against another team. For me, multiplayer are like football or any other sport. People compete there, and that's what makes it interesting.

kriegerdesgottes
09-13-2012, 02:47 AM
I think you never really got to the point to have a team and win a match against another team. For me, multiplayer are like football or any other sport. People compete there, and that's what makes it interesting.

I hate football too. I don't enjoy competing. I just want to have fun alone walking around recreated beautiful cities the way they were hundreds of years ago and killing people like a ninja. I have no interest in being better than anyone or constantly worrying about who's better or being killed by some idiot

Legendz54
09-13-2012, 11:14 AM
After the day is done i go to my local gaming store filled with uncontainable excitement, i always buy the AC's on their first day of release, I rush back home, put the disc in the console and sit on the couch in excitement, i always think of all the other times i have done this over the years, i then sit through the typical loading bar that takes ages to fill up on the first try, then i play!

connor_bg
09-13-2012, 05:11 PM
I share all of the mentioned feelings and habits as you guys, but two weeks after the actual release i have exam session at my university so pretty much i believe you can feel the anger i feel that i have to be over the books then the screen.... And all of those feeling are pretty much ruined to me...

xXRyzonXx
09-13-2012, 05:44 PM
It's a really nice warm, fluffy, exiting feeling for me, I super exited for AC3