PDA

View Full Version : I fear for the ending

hadarm18
09-11-2012, 10:33 PM
First of all im a long time fan of the AC franchise.Im with it since the beggining in 2007 and even then when many ppl thought that AC1 was a very flawed game i absolutely loved it
It has been a long journey with desmond for the past 5 years and there is one thing that worries me much:

I know that Ubi wont fail in the terms of gameplay,graphichs,etc. but im realy concerned about the ending
I just dont want that same thing happens to AC that happend to the Mass Effect franchise
Ending is realy important this time since they will end the "trilogy" and demonds story and all that happend must not be stained by the bad ending

my expectations for the ending itself are high and i realy hope they nailed it right

pacmanate
09-11-2012, 10:45 PM
I really hope so too, but along with an acceptable ending to the franchise for AC3, there is also the need for the devs to make Desmonds segments in the game interesting and worthwhile.

xXRyzonXx
09-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Well, seeing as the endings of the other games have been great (<- in my opinion) I would hope this one is as good.

rileypoole1234
09-11-2012, 11:24 PM
^agreed. Even the ending of ACR ,which I don't consider my favourite, is still a fantastic ending. I think we can expect good things. I have no worries about Connor's ending, but I really think Desmond's really needs to be epic. Epic not as in scope or scale, I think it really just needs to blow our minds.

Assassin_M
09-11-2012, 11:30 PM
Why does everyone start their sentence with "Im a long time AC Fan" or "I played every game" ? That does not really make us think any more or less of what you want to say..
Even if you just started as a fan or even just finished Revelations, your opinions and concerns will be respected and reflected upon..

LoyalACFan
09-11-2012, 11:35 PM
I think it'll be fine. Honestly, the only plot point I'm concerned about is why Desmond even needs to revisit Connor in the first place. The obvious answer would be "so he can find out how to open the door to the Temple", but Revelations already did that bit with Altair's library. I don't want it to feel repetitive.

SixKeys
09-12-2012, 12:06 AM
Why does everyone start their sentence with "Im a long time AC Fan" or "I played every game" ? That does not really make us think any more or less of what you want to say..
Even if you just started as a fan or even just finished Revelations, your opinions and concerns will be respected and reflected upon..

I dunno, I've seen a few people on these forums who respond to any criticism of the games with "if you were a TRUE AC fan...". These people seem to think you need to love every aspect of every game or else you can't call yourself a fan.

The problem with Mass Effect 3's ending was probably lack of time. It felt very rushed and not fully thought through. I think EA may have had their hands in rushing the game for release. AC3 has been in development for almost 3 years, they've had plenty of time to develop the story.

rileypoole1234
09-12-2012, 12:08 AM
I dunno, I've seen a few people on these forums who respond to any criticism of the games with "if you were a TRUE AC fan...". These people seem to think you need to love every aspect of every game or else you can't call yourself a fan.

They're also usually new.

Sickull
09-12-2012, 12:25 AM
It's not really criticism itself that makes people (or at least myself) go into the true fan schtick it's goofy nit picky stuff in other words people just looking to complain like I've heard AC3 is going to be **** because Clay Kaczmarek isn't going to be in it.

Umbra_Blade
09-12-2012, 12:53 AM
I am not really worried about Connor's ending in the game, but Desmond's has me nervous. I think for him to have a good ending he is really going to have to step up in AC3, story wise. He needs far more fun play time, because it is hard to have a great ending with a character you don't really know or enjoy playing as. I know that we know his story and background, but I always saw him as a conduit to the other characters, never really as a full character in his own right.

Don't get me wrong, I think Desmond is great, but if he was to die at the end of AC3, with as much gameplay as the others, it would be a 'meh' moment for me, if we saw the death of Ezio in Revelations it would have a real sting to it. That is because we know Ezio better, we have watched him go through the ranks from a brash teenager, to a vengeful assassin, to a wise mentor. With Desmond he has so far just been shown to us as a very skilled free-runner, i never felt that this is a guy who has a big role to play in the series unless I was told so.

If we are to get a really mind-blowing ending with him, he needs to show us who he really is and what he is truly capable of. That way the ending will be more poignant, as we have grown closer to him. Again I'm not 'Desmond-bashing', I just think we need to get to see more of him for his story to work :p

Ork3n
09-12-2012, 01:58 AM
Nowadays ending has me very sceptic because of the previous installments endings... i mean, Ac2 and AcB had big mind **** ending, Ac1 and AcR endings were great for games that will have some continuity but Ac3 MUST seal everything. The whole "trilogy" should come to an end even it will eventually continue, for now we should be given no tip about what it wil be about and no questions should be left behind.

And i feel like we will still have so many questions after Ac3 game... Like the eva talking, i suspect we will never understand it.... or the son thing from AcB truth.exe.

Hope i'm wrong and i finally have a franchise with a good ending....

Sarari
09-12-2012, 03:28 AM
I'm extremely worried about the ending to. I just know, by gut feeling, that it won't be good. Or as good as we are expecting. At this point though, anything can happen. They can totally screw up, or make it surprisingly good. But where I thought Ubisoft really screwed things up was when they started mentioning TWCB. It went from all this realistic and incredible story to magical people who were once thought of as gods. I felt like once that happened in AC2, it turned to more of a magical feel.

I know they mentioned them in AC1, but when they said that, I thought they were just talking about the first civilization, not aliens with superior power.

Assassin_M
09-12-2012, 03:33 AM
I'm extremely worried about the ending to. I just know, by gut feeling, that it won't be good. Or as good as we are expecting. At this point though, anything can happen. They can totally screw up, or make it surprisingly good. But where I thought Ubisoft really screwed things up was when they started mentioning TWCB. It went from all this realistic and incredible story to magical people who were once thought of as gods. I felt like once that happened in AC2, it turned to more of a magical feel.

I know they mentioned them in AC1, but when they said that, I thought they were just talking about the first civilization, not aliens with superior power.
They are not Aliens.......(Remain calm)

Aphex_Tim
09-12-2012, 05:56 AM
I'm not that worried.
(imo) they absolutely nailed the ending for Alta´r and Ezio. Fantastic ending.
I think Ubi won't disappoint us here either.

Captain Tomatoz
09-12-2012, 07:56 AM
In an interview, shortly after AC3 was announced, Corey May said that the team had already decided on the ending way back before development of AC1 even began. The problem with Mass Effect 3 was because the team had only come up with the ending half way through development of the third game. You need to have an idea what the ending will be before you start the story so it flows smoothly to the end. I think another problem Mass Effect had was that it was an RPG and you made loads of choices that should have impacted on the ending but didn't. Assassins creed has never had story choices so it had always been a story being told to you so I don't think the ending will have a backlash if is bad as much as mass effect did.

Also Corey May has never let us down before so why are you worrying :-)

AssassinVenice
09-13-2012, 12:25 PM
AC1's ending left an open hole to be filled in the end and AC2 filled it flawlessly. AC2's ending left us wanting for more and ACB delivered. ACB's ending was a bit awkward and ACR didn't explain those mysteries in a decent way. ACR's ending was pretty much AC2's ending, just with part of the plot visible (SPOILERS - The Grand Temple entrance right under our noses)

Will_Lucky
09-13-2012, 03:28 PM
After Mass Effect, this has to be one of my worst fears about the game I'm just hoping they pull this off.

ToniTorsi
09-13-2012, 05:10 PM
That's exactly why the Bioware fans exploded uncontrollably when Mass Effect 3 shipped to stores.

People that raise their expectations way too high will ultimately end up disappointed.