PDA

View Full Version : Remember this?

DiamondBlade_R
09-11-2012, 02:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMsbMK9Odoc
THIS. IS. AWESOME. Just sayin'. I really hope they do somehing similar for AC3, using an actual song and whatnot.

Slayer_WTF
09-11-2012, 02:04 PM
The best trailer of the series.

Locopells
09-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Agreed.

SixKeys
09-11-2012, 02:16 PM
They already made a cinematic trailer for AC3, they're not going to make a second one.

itsamea-mario
09-11-2012, 02:17 PM
It was awesome till they actually used it in the game. That was just lazy.

(Well they used the full cinematic with the voiceover but w/e)

Locopells
09-11-2012, 02:17 PM
I actually kinda like them linking it in for once.

DiamondBlade_R
09-11-2012, 02:20 PM
What do you mean?

SixKeys
09-11-2012, 02:21 PM
I think he means including the trailer as part of the story.

NOLA_Assassin
09-11-2012, 03:05 PM
I think they might make a gameplay trailer with a non-soundtrack song (like using Genesis, by Justice, for that AC II trailer). I'm not counting the "Coming Home" trailer since that was a TV commercial.

TheHumanTowel
09-11-2012, 03:22 PM
They already did one. It was shown at E3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inkQcj5zbsg

DiamondBlade_R
09-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Yeah, I know. I was talking about a trailer with licensed music, and lyrics.

MRsmith1994
09-11-2012, 03:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V_R-zH0jlY

there ya go

Locopells
09-11-2012, 04:14 PM

Yeah, that. Usually the trailer shows a non-canon event, but here it was actually part of the game.

DiamondBlade_R
09-11-2012, 04:21 PM

Yeah, that. Usually the trailer shows a non-canon event, but here it was actually part of the game.
Didn't the debut trailer of AC1 depict the Majd Addin assassination?

http://youtu.be/sBjGVuXhWZI

http://youtu.be/cc-ClutaN_I

andreja110s
09-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Didn't the debut trailer of AC1 depict the Majd Addin assassination?

http://youtu.be/sBjGVuXhWZI

http://youtu.be/cc-ClutaN_I

Not really... BUT the assassination from the trailer is simmilar to the one of Majd Addin.
Ahh good olī times of AC1... I miss the Holly land

DiamondBlade_R
09-11-2012, 04:59 PM
not really... But the assassination from the trailer is simmilar to the one of majd addin.
Ahh good olī times of ac1... I miss the holly land
^That! THAT! THAT!

LoyalACFan
09-11-2012, 05:05 PM

They could have linked it in without using the EXACT same cinematic. The whole scene could have been gameplay, or at least an in-game cutscene. As it is, it felt like one of those old PS2 CG intros. Very odd way to start a game in this day and age.

DiamondBlade_R
09-11-2012, 05:08 PM
They could have linked it in without using the EXACT same cinematic. The whole scene could have been gameplay, or at least an in-game cutscene. As it is, it felt like one of those old PS2 CG intros. Very odd way to start a game in this day and age.
I don't know, it didn't feel weird to me at all. I liked it.

SixKeys
09-11-2012, 05:50 PM
I don't know, it didn't feel weird to me at all. I liked it.

Not weird, just cheap. It was already painfully obvious they didn't have much time to complete the game in 10 months. To make the trailer part of the story just felt like padding.

DiamondBlade_R
09-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Not weird, just cheap. It was already painfully obvious they didn't have much time to complete the game in 10 months. To make the trailer part of the story just felt like padding.
Maybe it was, but again, it didn't feel like anything of that nature to me. I liked it.

GLHS
09-11-2012, 07:39 PM
I don't care. It fit as a good start to the game. It's still absolutely gorgeous, and gets me excited to run around in Masyaf again. I like that it was included, and the transition into the gameplay afterwards is nice. The beginning is honestly my favorite part of the game, so I have no problem with it being included. Looks good as a trailer, but looks even better as a story intro.

POP1Fan
09-11-2012, 08:27 PM

I think is more wierd more games DON'T do that. In-game graphics are great and all, but CGI cutscenes can rise the cinematic style of a game tenfold.

LoyalACFan
09-11-2012, 08:39 PM
I think is more wierd more games DON'T do that. In-game graphics are great and all, but CGI cutscenes can rise the cinematic style of a game tenfold.

I disagree. To me, it just doesn't mesh with the actual game world. If that same scene was shown rendered in the game engine, exactly as it happened in the trailer, it wouldn't have lost any of its cinematic value. With your argument, you might as well say you should open games with recorded real-life footage. It feels too disconnected from gameplay for me.

rileypoole1234
09-11-2012, 08:41 PM
I like the AC3 CGI trailer more. Connor is just a cold blooded killer in that which is what I've been hoping he will be.

ACfan443
09-11-2012, 08:57 PM
The AC1 CGI opening was really cool, I loved the way it started off with the glitches panning into an awesome vista of the holy land, with the brilliant atmospheric music.

dewgel
09-11-2012, 09:07 PM
It was awesome till they actually used it in the game. That was just lazy.

(Well they used the full cinematic with the voiceover but w/e)

THANK YOU. I said the exact same thing in the "5 things you hate about AC" thread yesterday. It's so true! That scene should've been playable, it just reminded me of a PS1 game that wasn't capable of handling that kind of action with the in-game engine so it lazily uses a CGI video... the game engine was well powerful enough for a small fight for Ezio, and a cutscene of him being captured and being brought to Leandros

Free_Hidings
09-12-2012, 03:48 AM
Sure sounds like people are actively trying to pick faults with Revelations.

The clip was good, both as a trailer and as the intro to the game. It is a brief, dramatic summary of events showing how Ezio got to his predicament, it shows how he lost his second hidden blade, it outlines an initial antagonist. I wouldn't have cared if it was rendered in the game engine, or if it was playable. I think it works better as it was.

Calvarok
09-12-2012, 04:04 AM
Well we KNOW why they made it part of the story, right? So they could skip doing the actual gameplay for that sequence. I like it when i'ts just to show the mechanics of the game. The Revelations trailer didn't even get to show us the hookblade because he didn't have it yet.

SteelCity999
09-12-2012, 04:15 AM
I didn't mind the CGI trailer at the beginning of AC:R. I don't like the idea of CGI woven in and out of the game for cutscenes because everytime I see it, I wish I was playing with the CGI graphics.

The AC1 CGI was probably the best followed closely by AC2. All I can think of with the AC3 CGI was freaking Dances with Wolves. There are how many thousand people in that battlefield and not one Redcoat had the brains to shoot a lone assassin running through an open field??? Pathetic..no wonder the colonists won the war.

BATISTABUS
09-12-2012, 04:17 AM
The ACIII CGI trailer didn't really get any recognition for some reason...=/

SteelCity999
09-12-2012, 04:26 AM
The ACIII CGI trailer didn't really get any recognition for some reason...=/

For me....no imagination and was on par with AC:B's trailer. Anyone could've cooked it up and it stirred no emotion whatsoever. I think the one thing that was good about AC1, AC2 and ACR was that they were realistic and attempted to tell a story. AC1, admittedly, not so much storywise because it was shorter than the other two but you could "see" that scene happening.

DiamondBlade_R
09-12-2012, 06:20 AM
Sure sounds like people are actively trying to pick faults with Revelations.

The clip was good, both as a trailer and as the intro to the game. It is a brief, dramatic summary of events showing how Ezio got to his predicament, it shows how he lost his second hidden blade, it outlines an initial antagonist. I wouldn't have cared if it was rendered in the game engine, or if it was playable. I think it works better as it was.
And it also depicted Desmond doing stuff that would have been impossible to program or too time consuming to be worth it. I mean, do any of you people really expect them do program a scene where Ezio is sailing a ship just for that short time? Or, alternatively, would you really want them to make that sequence as long as it realistically was?

HisSpiritLives
09-12-2012, 10:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMsbMK9Odoc
THIS. IS. AWESOME. Just sayin'. I really hope they do somehing similar for AC3, using an actual song and whatnot.

Yeah it was relly cool.

freddie_1897
09-12-2012, 03:55 PM
i didn't like the trailer. yeah, it might have been epic or whatever. my favourite from the AC series is AC2's cinematic. and my favourite trailer from any game is the dead island one

lothario-da-be
09-12-2012, 05:13 PM
the revelations cgi trailer fitted the beginning of acr. But they shoulden't use the ac3 ggi trailer ingame.