PDA

View Full Version : Playing Assassin's Creed at university

rob.davies2014
09-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice.
I'm starting uni quite soon and I'm not sure how I'm going to play AC3 when it comes out, which is a terrifying thought.
I'm not sure if I should take my ps3 or not, the rooms aren't huge. I have a portable TV but it's tiny and I don't think it would do AC justice. There's probably a larger TV in the communal area but playing AC is quite a personal thing for me and I'd rather do it in private.
I'm taking my MacBook Pro and I could buy an EyeTV Hybrid which allows you to use your mac to display a game on a PS3, but the screen is quite small and I'm not sure that would do AC justice either.
If anyone has any experience of this situation or has any suggestions, I'd be really grateful.
Thanks very much.

Locopells
09-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Either get yourself a decent TV that'll fit you your room, or a gaming computer/laptop with a decent sized screen (meaning the quality will be better to start with).

Umbra_Blade
09-11-2012, 01:09 PM
I started uni last year and owned a ps3 myself. I would suggest maybe looking around on the market for a 22"-24" tv that can show in HD (preferably full HD), They are coming down in price, just do a shop search for the best one for you for the best price. It will be worth it as a screen that size is more than capable of giving a good AC experience, that was how I played AC:R, and it looked just as good (if not slightly better, as there was less obvious pixelation) than my home tv.

Slightly off-topic: And if you are taking high value items, ALWAYS lock your dorm, especially when moving in. I can't tell you the amount of my friends that had their stuff stolen when they left their door unlocked when moving into their room. Opportunist thieves are very common in the first few weeks, when people keep on forgetting to lock their doors, even for a moment.

POP1Fan
09-11-2012, 01:11 PM
I don't think the game would run on a small TV. Do as LOCO said.
But there's one thing I don't understand. Why would playing AC3 be so personal? It's not My Little Pony to be ashamed of.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
09-11-2012, 01:18 PM
I don't think the game would run on a small TV. Do as LOCO said.
But there's one thing I don't understand. Why would playing AC3 be so personal? It's not My Little Pony to be ashamed of.

Dude ,, I can't play Assassin's creed with someone next to me ,,, I can't focus on the game with someone talking next to me ,, I mean the most thing I like about AC is the story .

Locopells
09-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Me too. I hate being watched, whatever I'm playing.

xXRyzonXx
09-11-2012, 01:42 PM
1st world problems!

No, but jokes besides, You should probably just get a bigger tv that will fit your room.

itsamea-mario
09-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Same boat as you dude, but i don't actually know how big my room is yet, so i'll just wait till i get there, then buy a decent TV, depending on the size of my room, the only concern i have is that we need our appliances to be checked, so i'm just hoping i'm actually allowed to have my PS3.
One thing i've not put much thought into is whether i'll actually have enough time to enjoy AC3 with all the uni stuff, but w/e, i think we all know which is more important...

infamous_ezio
09-11-2012, 02:01 PM
This is why I live at home and go to uni which is 40 mins away... pretty handy, oh and not to mention my last exam finishes the day before AC3 comes out... you guys mad?

xXRyzonXx
09-11-2012, 02:18 PM
This is why I live at home and go to uni which is 40 mins away... pretty handy, oh and not to mention my last exam finishes the day before AC3 comes out... you guys mad?

Not mad in the slightest, im done with school for the year, and I will have all time in the world to play AC3

infamous_ezio
09-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Not mad in the slightest, im done with school for the year, and I will have all time in the world to play AC3

Lucky, I got my exam time table the other day, and man was I relieved, I didn't care that I have 2 in one day, but immediately took notice that i finish on the 30th. I got this plan, finish on the 30th, tell work im out for a week, no one will hear from me from 31st october morning until I pass the game

rob.davies2014
09-11-2012, 02:56 PM
I started uni last year and owned a ps3 myself. I would suggest maybe looking around on the market for a 22"-24" tv that can show in HD (preferably full HD), They are coming down in price, just do a shop search for the best one for you for the best price. It will be worth it as a screen that size is more than capable of giving a good AC experience, that was how I played AC:R, and it looked just as good (if not slightly better, as there was less obvious pixelation) than my home tv.

Slightly off-topic: And if you are taking high value items, ALWAYS lock your dorm, especially when moving in. I can't tell you the amount of my friends that had their stuff stolen when they left their door unlocked when moving into their room. Opportunist thieves are very common in the first few weeks, when people keep on forgetting to lock their doors, even for a moment.

I'm probably going to go for a new TV, but I'm going to wait until I've settled in and I know what size TV would be appropriate.
Thanks for the advice, will do! :)

I'm not ashamed of it, I just don't want to run the risk of missing something because of someone else making noise. Also, it's easier to immerse yourself in a game if you're on your own.
Thanks everyone!

infamous_ezio
09-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Completely agree with you, AC is one of those games where you need to pay attention to every little detail.