PDA

View Full Version : When did they have the time to speak?

Sarari
09-11-2012, 01:01 AM
Ever since the start of the AC series, we've witnessed the Assassins talking to their targets...just before their deaths. Every time you assassinate someone, they give a speech, or at the least, they say something small. But when do they have the time to do so? Is it a spiritual thing that connects them to speak? And if not, do they just talk in front of everybody else where everybody sees them INCLUDING THE GUARDS?

What do you guys think?

TheDanteEX
09-11-2012, 01:20 AM
The death seen in the game isn't specifically how it happened since Desmond is the one controlling his ancestor. "Historically", the assassination could have been more secret and subtle, however, I doubt it with Altair since he was supposed to make the assassinations pretty flashy. When speaking to his victims, the ancestor and the target are sent to the white room most likely because the memory can't load the exact location where the dialogue was exchanged. A few times when speaking to the target, they aren't necessarily showed to be severely wounded yet and the Assassin has to finish them during that confrontation. It's possible guards could have been fought off and the target is confronted later, but that's just me guessing and I'm sure the Assassins didn't fight against as many guard as the player chooses to. All we know is that the memory is "frozen" so Desmond can few the final words of the target and then the ancestor is loaded back into the previous spot. It is basically a very complex computer game after all.

Sickull
09-11-2012, 01:28 AM
I don't think there is an actual reason for it besides the fact that they thought it was cool so they put it in.

Locopells
09-11-2012, 01:29 AM
I've always wondered if there wasn't a mental component to those conversations.

rileypoole1234
09-11-2012, 01:46 AM
I've always though it was the spiritual aspect of AC. I thought it was basically the target getting to say their last words before "going on to the next stage"

Almost like an Animus purgatory.

LoyalACFan
09-11-2012, 01:55 AM
I've always wondered if there wasn't a mental component to those conversations.

That's what I used to think. Almost like the conversation wasn't happening exactly as it was shown, but rather a representation of what was going on in the target's head at that time, how they were facing the prospect of death, kind of like Riley Poole said, an Animus purgatory. I didn't pay too much attention to it in AC1, since Altair pretty much had an opportunity to speak with every target if you killed them stealthily. But then there were targets that literally told you specific plot points (i.e. Tarik, Robert de Sable) that would make no sense unless Altair/Ezio had physically spoken with them.

naran6142
09-11-2012, 02:40 AM
Just blame the animus... :p

But anyways when I first started play AC i always thought it had something to do with Eagle Vision

Soulid_Snake
09-11-2012, 02:55 AM
The death seen in the game isn't specifically how it happened since Desmond is the one controlling his ancestor. "Historically", the assassination could have been more secret and subtle.

Totally agree with you!

@Sarari: I don't think the dying targets were talked to in real time. It is done by the Animus for Desmond's benefit, which is why the background turns white!

kriegerdesgottes
09-11-2012, 03:29 AM
The protagonist is definitely talking to the victim right then and there because after that they typically learn something from the victim. Like how confused Altair was after he killed them because of how they spoke to him while he was killing them. So the animus excuse doesn't quite hold up. I have often wondered how he has time but I don't think there is a really good reason other than it's cool. I really like that aspect of the game.

Sarari
09-11-2012, 03:57 AM
I have to agree with the first comment. It seems most realistic.

Poodle_of_Doom
09-11-2012, 04:08 AM
Lets not forget that the animus is based on TWCB's technology. Perhaps there's some of that future/past/time nexus crap going on?

Assassin_M
09-11-2012, 04:28 AM
It can`t be a historical Inaccuracy because Altair obviously reflected on the Conversations during his chats with the Bureau leaders and Al Mualim.
It can`t be ANYTHING having to do with the Animus, because Obviously of the above.

So No one can come and say anything and someone else agrees or disagrees.No one knows how..
its probably something "cool" they thought they can throw in, as someone said..It seems like the most logical explanation.. Actually there are somethings that do not need an Explanation.

Calvarok
09-11-2012, 04:33 AM
The exact circumstances of how they had such a long conversation are never explained in-game, but int he books they do a bit. For example Altair talks to garnier delaplouse by dragging his body behind cover to talk.

Use your imagination: in the frontier demo, where Conner klls the templar with the musket, he could have dragged the body to a nook or cranny n the fortress to do the talking, with the guards still in disarray from the gunpowder explosion.

LoyalACFan
09-11-2012, 04:57 AM
The exact circumstances of how they had such a long conversation are never explained in-game, but int he books they do a bit. For example Altair talks to garnier delaplouse by dragging his body behind cover to talk.

Use your imagination: in the frontier demo, where Conner klls the templar with the musket, he could have dragged the body to a nook or cranny n the fortress to do the talking, with the guards still in disarray from the gunpowder explosion.

That excuse doesn't always work though. Think about Tarik. Ezio kills him literally right in the middle of a group of Janissaries, then hangs out and chats, gaining pivotal information that he later reports to Suleiman. And you can't really say "Oh, it was Desmond's fault, he was controlling him." Full synchronization is achieved by air-assassinating him. That's how it happened with Ezio; he jumped down in a group of Janissaries and killed him. There was no opportunity to drag the body away.

Poodle_of_Doom
09-11-2012, 05:01 AM
That excuse doesn't always work though. Think about Tarik. Ezio kills him literally right in the middle of a group of Janissaries, then hangs out and chats, gaining pivotal information that he later reports to Suleiman. And you can't really say "Oh, it was Desmond's fault, he was controlling him." Full synchronization is achieved by air-assassinating him. That's how it happened with Ezio; he jumped down in a group of Janissaries and killed him. There was no opportunity to drag the body away.

Again, I'm wondering if it's something to do with the time nexus. The animus is based of technology designed by TWCB. Maybe it's connecting with the apple, allowing you to see what Ezio and Altair perceived. Perhaps the apples they had revealed that information to them somehow.

kriegerdesgottes
09-11-2012, 05:09 AM
Again, I'm wondering if it's something to do with the time nexus. The animus is based of technology designed by TWCB. Maybe it's connecting with the apple, allowing you to see what Ezio and Altair perceived. Perhaps the apples they had revealed that information to them somehow.

Since when is the animus based on TWCB technology? Doesn't Vidic say in ACI that he designed it himself.

Assassin_M
09-11-2012, 05:12 AM
Since when is the animus based on TWCB technology? Doesn't Vidic say in ACI that he designed it himself.
Err He did say that it is based on TWCB technology..

kriegerdesgottes
09-11-2012, 05:16 AM
Err He did say that it is based on TWCB technology..

Hmm I don't remember that. It couldn't have been in the first two games since we didn't know anything about them until the tail end of ACII. I must have missed that one.

Assassin_M
09-11-2012, 05:17 AM
Hmm I don't remember that. It couldn't have been in the first two games since we didn't know anything about them until the tail end of ACII. I must have missed that one.
No, We know about them since the first game..:p

kriegerdesgottes
09-11-2012, 05:21 AM
No, We know about them since the first game..:p

How so? I just replayed them and the only thing mentioned in the first game is the apple. TWCB were never mentioned until the end of ACII. At the beginning of the game Vidic talks about having come up with the idea for the animus.

Assassin_M
09-11-2012, 05:26 AM
How so? I just replayed them and the only thing mentioned in the first game is the apple. TWCB were never mentioned until the end of ACII. At the beginning of the game Vidic talks about having come up with the idea for the animus.
I`ll just shut up now..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQkl8FDErss&feature=relmfu

Start at 2:46... Animus based on TWCB technology and the first mention of them..

LoyalACFan
09-11-2012, 05:32 AM

It's not about perception... It's about what happened. Unless you're saying Altair and Ezio magically entered a time nexus every time they killed someone, it's undeniable that they literally spoke with the targets before they died. There was information in those conversations that was critical later on.

kriegerdesgottes
09-11-2012, 05:33 AM
ohhh yeah. I totally remember that now and I didn't even think about it. You got me on that one.

Assassin_M
09-11-2012, 05:36 AM
ohhh yeah. I totally remember that now and I didn't even think about it. You got me on that one.
Dont worry.. things like that can fly by..you probably just haven't played it in a long time..:p

kriegerdesgottes
09-11-2012, 05:41 AM
Dont worry.. things like that can fly by..you probably just haven't played it in a long time..:p

Actually that's the said part. I just replayed the whole series from 1 to Revelations and I totally remember hearing that but I never put it together in my head that that part of the game wasn't revealed until later. I just went with it because I knew what he was talking about. I'm glad you found that video.

Poodle_of_Doom
09-11-2012, 05:43 AM
It's not about perception... It's about what happened. Unless you're saying Altair and Ezio magically entered a time nexus every time they killed someone, it's undeniable that they literally spoke with the targets before they died. There was information in those conversations that was critical later on.

I'm not saying it didn't take place. What I'm saying is that it took place beyound our present scope of time. Perhaps what seemed like a conversation lasting minutes only took place in a few seconds. Or, perhaps the apples showed both Altair, and Ezio, what it is they'd find out had they had the converesations. Basically, the apple would be answering the questions on their minds. I'm leaning more towards the latter hypothesis on this.

Ork3n
09-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Just to add a point to the conversation.)

Maria, we kill maria (robert de sables) in the 9th dna segment but in the speech "room" they are on feet, she was not stabed yet and altair said: Let me see your eyes before i kill you. I would rather think of it as one of the first comments, those are specific memories that have to be replayed exactly as they were in the past but the subject didn't do it exactly as the ancestor and the animus can't load the background.

Poodle_of_Doom
09-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Just to add a point to the conversation.)

Maria, we kill maria (robert de sables) in the 9th dna segment but in the speech "room" they are on feet, she was not stabed yet and altair said: Let me see your eyes before i kill you. I would rather think of it as one of the first comments, those are specific memories that have to be replayed exactly as they were in the past but the subject didn't do it exactly as the ancestor and the animus can't load the background.

No. You don't kill Maria. You ATTEMTPT to kill her, thinking she is Robert. When Altair finds out she is not, he lets her live, because she is not his target. Besides, this is how he was able to marry her, and have a child with her in the future.